Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,898 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice (14039 Views)

Umar Farouq 'Weeps' As Pantami Disgraces Her At FEC Meeting - Sahara Reporters / N-power: 109,823 Beneficiaries Now Business Owners – Sadiya Umar Farouq / Sadiya Umar Farouq Visits Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Oluwamarc(m): 3:50am On Apr 30, 2020
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar -Farouq , on Wednesday insisted that the rice distributed to various states by the Federal Government was certified fit for consumption by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
But NAFDAC’ s Director -General , Prof . Mojisola Adeyeye , had said on Tuesday that her agency did not know the status of the 1 ,800 bags of rice given to Oyo State by the Federal Government. This was after Umar -Farouq had announced on Monday that NAFDAC certified the rice .
Adeyeye had explained that NAFDAC was not invited to take samples and conduct consumption fitness test on Oyo rice consignment , a statement that stood at variance with the claims of the Federal Government .
Reacting to NAFDAC DG’ s statement on Wednesday , Umar- Farouq declared that she stood by her earlier statement .
The minister , who stated this while speaking at the daily press briefing by the Presidential Task Force on COVID -19 in Abuja, said NAFDAC and the Nigeria Customs Service should sort out the communication gap.
Umar- Farouq said , “On the statement of NAFDAC , we still stand by what we said because this was what was conveyed to us by Customs .
“ And a certificate was issued stating that the rice given to us was good for human consumption before we flagged off the distribution in Lagos State .
“ We can give you that certificate , maybe by tomorrow or later today . So , the NCS and NAFDAC , I am sure will sort out this communication gap and report back to this platform . ”
When contacted on Wednesday by one of our correspondents , the Public Relations Officer of the Nigeria Customs Service, Oyo / Osun Area Command , Abdullahi Musa, said senior officials in the Oyo State Ministry of Agriculture inspected the bags of rice and pronounced them good for consumption before they were taken out of the premises of the command .
The Customs spokesman said the Oyo State delegation was led by the Commissioner for Agriculture in the state who was accompanied by the Permanent Secretary in the state ’ s Ministry of Agriculture as well as the Special Adviser to the Governor on Agribusiness .
Asked whether it was true that Customs did not invite NAFDAC officials to inspect the rice given to Oyo , Musa said , “As I stated, if you have seen a high personnel of that type of office from the Ministry of Agriculture led by the commissioner with his team to come and certify, are we saying the office is not up to task ?”
He said there was nothing to suggest that the bags of rice had weevils during the time of inspection and eventual evacuation .
He added that Oyo State was the first to come for the rice and request by its officials to pick from a portion of the store was granted by Customs .
Musa said, “They came with their team to check for themselves to be very sure if the rice was actually good or not . As a matter of fact , they were even the ones that came first and they even requested to be allowed to choose the particular segment where their rice should be taken from and we granted their request as their host . ”

https://punchng.com/we-distributed-nafdac-certified-rice-minister-insists/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by CodeTemplar: 3:53am On Apr 30, 2020
So Kano's own was more certified than Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and Ekiti's own?
Indeed some rice are more certified than the others.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Flyingngel(m): 3:57am On Apr 30, 2020
This Umar Faruoq depict the saying - square peg in a round hole.
APC CCCCCCCC CHANGEEEEEEEEEEEE.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by okeyley: 3:58am On Apr 30, 2020
For more lies
Subscribe to APC at 419

All networks applies

139 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Bola146(f): 4:30am On Apr 30, 2020
Let God judge you then .

5 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by yanabasee(m): 5:38am On Apr 30, 2020
Minister of Disaster.....

She's a terrible woman..... Because of her, Npower beneficiaries have been suffering.

She's going to be worse than Diezanie.....

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Tobinrobin(m): 5:48am On Apr 30, 2020
[/b]We can give you that certificate , maybe by tomorrow or later today . So , the NCS and NAFDAC , I am sure will sort out this communication gap and report back to this platform[b]

They will probably call the NAFDAC woman to retract her statements ASAP or probably relieve her of her duties. There’s definitely a huge discord between these two & it’s quite glaring.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Olominira(m): 5:50am On Apr 30, 2020
This woman Farouq, the Minister of Disaster management is a disaster herself that needs to be seriously managed. Take a critical look at how she has destroyed Npower handed over to her. She could not follow already laid down working protocol only to tell us she's still studying it after several months.

As if that's not enough, to distribute cash to vulnerable Nigerians, she has to contract companies to do that. I mean, this is ridiculous and stupid.

In a country of multiethnicities divided along religion and diversities like Nigeria, all she could do at critical time of pandemic is distributing over 90 percent of Federal Govt assistance concentrated in just 4 States out of 36.

When you listen to her talking, you will not only see tribalism but extremely low IQ fellow who lacks basic understanding of how simple things work.

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Susu888(m): 5:51am On Apr 30, 2020
Wailers and blowing of matters out of proportions.
Whts the big deal?? Apparently the minister is sure that nafdac certified but somehow it turns out expired when it reaches its destination.
Either the people to transport it replaced good ones with a few expired ones or that nafdac didn't do a thorough job either way i don't see how wailers link this to buhari or the minister as they obviously have nothing to gain giving you a few bags of expired rice plus lets add the people claiming north recieved good rice while south received expired..... anyone who knows how poor northerners are knows that they really wouldn't bother with the expiration date on the sack as long as the rice is edible nd in good shape. So pls all the propagandist should give it a rest!

The swap will most likely have come from the customs warehouses guards , operators or the truck drivers/ points of distribution e.t.c ..... there are just so many suspects because nigerians are so corrupt especially on the moral aspects. It could be anyone from the warehouse guards down to the distribution operatives.

No matter what is done Nigerians will always complain angry

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Formularcr7: 5:56am On Apr 30, 2020
Politricks
Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by helinues: 5:57am On Apr 30, 2020
Shatap and stop lying.

You people have swapped the price with the old one.

Na God to punish anyone playing politics or thinking this Corona period is the time to divert money meant for the masses

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by ignis: 6:45am On Apr 30, 2020
What a pity? Should we be discussing this at this time?
Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by gnaftalee(m): 6:46am On Apr 30, 2020
Please I need to leave minna before I start begging on the street , anyone with a means to travel to Lagos , I am willing to pay ,

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2020
My dear is that some of we Nigerians we believe this fake news, because it's coming from an official source, lets citizen learn how to discern the truth regardless where the source are from....
Do you want to tell us States return rice back are doing it to spoil the FG or agency name?
Are they blind to physically tell if a rice is good or not...
Some beans and rice shared in ogun state are bad, not all of them.. you cant tell us rope is snake... We get eyes na

17 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by anambraamaka: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2020
Great
Kudos
Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by thegloor: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2020
So how did you miss the bad ones? Or you tested only few good ones

2 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by bilulu(m): 6:46am On Apr 30, 2020
And NAFDAC has already denied that claim....

5 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by LUGBE: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
This woman is dumb and if caution is not taking will be notorious more that Diezani.

Nafdac denied certifying those rice.

12 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Write4me(m): 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
Yes the rice that could have doubled the mortality rate of Covid-19. Smh
Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
shocked

Yorubas have no idea what they are doing with the North. By the time the North is done with dealing decisively with them, they would have been ostracized by their southern neighbors

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Vikynas: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
Sharap Big fool

4 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Macphenson: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
Why am I not surprised? An administration filled with bunch of incompetent misfits and habitual liars.

NAFDAC already said they don't know the status of the rice sent to Oyo state, and her we have this square peg in round hole talking rubbish. That happens when square pegs are put in round holes..

There's also a video made by women about the poisonous rice in Wuse Abuja, showing the poison sent to them by Buhari and his band of incompetent misfits.

Anyways what else do you expect.

" A stupid president is elected by stupid people", Imam of Peace 2020.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
Ever since d demise of Dora akunyili, NAFDAC has remained a shadow of itself.

9 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Kizzygentle: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
They want to forge cert and show us that d expired rice is certified fit for human consumption. Chaii my country my country. It is well.

10 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Olathunji010(m): 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
...May almighty God help us out in this kind of situation we currently find ourselves in now all over the world amen
Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Mrpojj(m): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Dreadful: 6:48am On Apr 30, 2020
How did the magic with the rotten rice happen?
Government of lies and deceit

4 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by amiibaby(f): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2020
Lol
Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Vikynas: 6:48am On Apr 30, 2020
Witchcraft

13 Likes

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by Olarewaju89: 6:48am On Apr 30, 2020
Useless woman. Allah will punish you and Buhari. Idiot

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice by EddyNumerouno(m): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2020
“ We can give you that certificate , maybe by tomorrow or later today . So , the NCS and NAFDAC , I am sure will sort out this communication gap and report back to this platform . ”

I have the proof that I am not guilty but I will not present it, but know I am innocent .
Government of propaganda

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ / 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! / Femi Adesina: Buhari Satisfied With Performance Of Ex-service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.