Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,809 members, 7,862,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

PDP Convention: Jonathan Leads Reconciliation Team, Visits Suleiman, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: Jonathan Leads Reconciliation Team, Visits Suleiman, Others (507 Views)

Dame Patience Jonathan Leads APC Campaign In Bayelsa State (Pics) / PDP: Jonathan Leads Reconciliation Team, Wike, Secondus Visit George / Late Maitama Sule: Goodluck Jonathan Leads PDP Stalwarts To Kano For Condolence (2) (3) (4)

(1)

PDP Convention: Jonathan Leads Reconciliation Team, Visits Suleiman, Others by emma321(m): 7:10am On Dec 12, 2017
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday, in Abuja, began a move to reconcile aggrieved members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, following the Saturday’s national convention.

The move by the former President is to douse tension generated among members of the PDP over the outcome of the convention.

Jonathan assembled a team of his loyalists, who according to Punch, would visit aggrieved aspirants with a view to appealling to them to forget about their grievances and work with the Uche Secondus-led members of the National Working Committee.

Those called upon by Jonathan are his former Minister of Special Duties, Tanimu Turaki (SAN); a former Minister of State for Finance, Amb. Bashir Yuguda; a former Minister of Finance, Nanadi Usman; and King Turner.

The former President, on Monday, led his team to the house of a former Minister of National Planning, Prof. Suleiman Abubakar, in Abuja.

Suleiman had threatened to challenge the outcome of the convention in court, saying his name was technically omitted among those contesting the position of the National Publicity Secretary.

A source at the meeting said the former President asked him to sheathe his sword and let bygones be bygones.

Confirming the visit to Punch, Suleiman said he thanked the former President and promised not to go to court.

He said, “Yes, it was true they visited me. I thanked him for the visit and his compassionate posture, that indeed he is a consummate leader worthy of emulation and that he has indeed inspired me more and I promised I would take to his advice.”

http://anstalk.com/pdp-convention-jonathan-leads-reconciliation-team-visits-suleiman/

Re: PDP Convention: Jonathan Leads Reconciliation Team, Visits Suleiman, Others by efighter: 7:15am On Dec 12, 2017
Let them apologize to Nigerians first
Re: PDP Convention: Jonathan Leads Reconciliation Team, Visits Suleiman, Others by Mynd44: 7:19am On Dec 12, 2017

(1)

Are Nigerians Now Tired Of Apc?. / Six Petroleum Marketers Suspended For Diversion Of Products / Yusuf Buhari’s Crash Latest: Security Remains Tight At Cedarcrest Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.