Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board (13695 Views)

An Open Letter To Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited (chevron-agbami Scholarship) / Agbami Scholars 2019. Discussion Thread / Agbami Parties Donates Classrooms To Community Model High School, Isieke Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Samyokporua(m): 10:17am On Dec 12, 2017
An open letter to star deep water petroleum limited ( a chevron company and operator of the agbami field)

In your continuous support for capacity building in the health and engineering sectors as a strategic feed into the national manpower pool, you were offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to qualified Nigerian students from all states of the Federation.

The scholarship programme funded by star and it's Agbami co-venturers, has been a major component of their Social investment in the strategic development of health and education in Nigeria. Kudos to you on that.

The award letter of the scholarship clearly states that we the scholars shall continue to be recipients of the scholarship grants throughout the duration of our course of study provided we met some following conditions.

For those of us that met this conditions, the only hope we got as regards being paid our grants was the account number update sent by the dragnet crew in which we encouraged ourselves that it might be as a result of the BVN issue. It's December already, we usually get paid August/September but now, we don't even know what to expect, you can't expect us not to be worried. Chevron already paid their beneficiaries for this year in August. Many of us are already owing some debts be it school fees or borrowed money to pay back with our grants, infact, we have missed deadline of pay back already.

On behalf of all the beneficiaries of the Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship Awards, we require a statement from the management board as soon as possible to know our fate in this scheme.‎

We hope this message gets to the management board as we hope and wait for a positive feedback.

Your Awardee,‎
You already know me‎

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Nukilia: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2017
grin cheesy Kai! You don dey enjoy money and you no come Nairaland...
Now the money is not flowing again you are here
grin grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Samyokporua(m): 10:26am On Dec 12, 2017
Nukilia:
grin cheesy Kai! You don dey enjoy money and you no come Nairaland...
Now the money is not flowing again you are here
grin grin grin

Lol but I worked for the money na smiley abi make I no enjoy the money when I work for?
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Samyokporua(m): 10:41am On Dec 12, 2017
@Lalasticlala @Dominique @Ishilove @Mynd44 front page please

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by enjay1(m): 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
long overdue! i dont really understand whats wrong with this years payment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by IcarusLaz: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
This is a problem with Nigérian systems, please the necessary parties should look into the sufferings of these students and do the necessary right thing.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by adebobconed(m): 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
lalasticlala

Please help move this thread to the front page

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by bnsufeeanh(m): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2017
Lalasticlala

Front page oooooo
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by rynno(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2017
lalasticlala abeg push dis one enter promise land. boys are not smiling again, Xmas suppose soft
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by jaryeh(m): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2017
Yea. It's just frustrating!

We have been anticipating payment since August.

I believe the bank account update was just to keep us waiting as they further delay payments.

This is really saddening, especially considering the fact that some of us have been paid just once since 2015.

We appreciate your support, really.

Pls kindly pay up for the outstanding years before guys die of frustration.

#BoysAintSmiling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by kevonman: 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
yes ooo am wit u bro all d way. boys are not smiling.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Funnyman: 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2017
I
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by obuksjr(m): 8:54pm On Dec 12, 2017
Though I have withdrawn from the award but you have my support.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by lism: 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
this letter should also be sent to all the major newspapers
maybe it will get to agbami ASAP.
school fees payment will expire on 15 December in My school

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Samyokporua(m): 4:33am On Dec 13, 2017
lism:
this letter should also be sent to all the major newspapers
maybe it will get to agbami ASAP.
school fees payment will expire on 15 December in My school
I'm sure it's something they have already seen and Nairaland being the leading blog in Nigeria makes it even easier for the people to get such information. Hopefully something good would come out of this
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Samyokporua(m): 4:38am On Dec 13, 2017
Funnyman:
I am yet to receive a response from them
But truthfully, Dragnet isn't the one to pay us, although they've been trying at least they gave us hope
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Benite: 6:12am On Dec 13, 2017
Samyokporua:

But truthfully, Dragnet isn't the one to pay us, although they've been trying at least they gave is hope

Op please rename this thread Open letter to Agbami Scholarship board because that is what most people know them as.
Weldone and big thanks

lalasticlala fp pls

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Samyokporua(m): 7:07am On Dec 13, 2017
Benite:

Op please rename this thread Open letter to Agbami Scholarship board because that is what most people know them as.
Weldone and big thanks

lalasticlala fp pls
Done sir
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by jaryeh(m): 10:16am On Dec 13, 2017
@Fynestboi, pls kindly help push this to the front page. Thanks.
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Nice and thanks for pushing same SuperMod
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by hucienda: 11:03am On Dec 13, 2017
Hopefully it should get to their management and speedily resolved.

I suppose the money in question is chicken change compared to their production. It should be cleared out by 20 minutes worth of production from the Agbami FPSO.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Oxster(m): 11:09am On Dec 13, 2017
Some people are hungry ehhh
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Roon9(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2017
Back then, I was a beneficiary as well. Kai free 200k toh bad. Dunno why the thing stopped after my 200level though
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by cstr1000: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2017
This agbami save me those years for university o.

All my 5 -year stay, agbami subsidized me very well.

God bless them.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by AgroSeeds: 11:16am On Dec 13, 2017
Is this Agbami still on?
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 13, 2017
Relax now, they will pay you guys.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Samyokporua(m): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2017
majekdom2:
Relax now, they will pay you guys.
That's been our prayer bro
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by ProfChris10(m): 11:59am On Dec 13, 2017
It's taking longer than normal. I'm in my 4th year and have been paid just once, I have done every verification asked by the board. I met the yearly cgpa for scholarship continuation. Agbami pay o
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
I pray this got to them o.
Taking our oil, deceiving the government the host communities that their children are being paid year as a scholarship grand. God purnish una (agbami)
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by Funnyman: 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
l
Re: An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board by mrpackager(m): 12:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
oga oooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

WTF Facts : Funny, Interesting And Weird Facts! / Are You Smart!! Ok, Who Threw The Baby?? / Ibadan Poly Orders Immediate Suspension Of Student Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.