Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria (60753 Views)

FIFA Sanctions Nigeria Over World Cup Fracas In Abuja / Russia 2018 World Cup: Nigeria In Pot 4 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by DrayZee: 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2017
enemyofprogress:
meaning we are out of the world cup,Algeria is to replace us
Read carefully before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by iamdapsyj(m): 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2017
femicyrus:

the more reason we must qualify for the next round before playing Argentina.

That has always been my fear for African teams, they play well in major tournaments but referee decision at times alter the complexities of the game. Though NFF should have done better.
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Jadoskii(m): 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2017
isan:
What kind of humiliation is this? Somebody must get sacked just if we needed that match to qualify? NFf are just stupid
baba it apens ....something like this apened to real Madrid last cops del rey...they wier disqualified...an oversight ,might be costly Nxt tum tho....
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by tete7000(m): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
Nigeria and drama. Incompetence everywhere - from head to toe.
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by enemyofprogress: 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2017
DrayZee:

Read carefully before commenting.
who reading epp?
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by wristbangle: 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2017
The controversial penalty awarded against us, I wonder why these buffoons fail to sanction the referee but they remember punishing us by fielding a player who played due to poor record keeping on the path of NFF.

I believe this useless FIFA board would be put to shame. Even If they ranked Nigeria 200th position, as long as we reach semi finals or even go ahead to win the world cup, I would be satisfied.

They can deduct 9 points and give it to Zambia. Useless animals. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by gebest: 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
FIFA never liked us
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by BiggyBamBam: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2017
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by gebest: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2017
isan:
What kind of humiliation is this? Somebody must get sacked just if we needed that match to qualify? NFf are just stupid
forget that, FIFA never liked us for ones.
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by treelz(m): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2017
And I played home win on bet9ja and Fifa is now saying the game don click who do I sue now
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by gebest: 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
R2bees:
So if we hadn't qualified before that game,
our World Cup slot could have just been
lost. SUPER EAGLES VILLAGE PEOPLE FAILED THIS TIME.. They know we are going to win the world cup in Russia so they are trying everything possible to stop us.. THUNDER FIA THEM ALL
including FIFA
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Emanodimo(m): 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
I guess something must be wrong with FIFA, CAF and NFA?... Does it mean FIFA & CAF does receive the list of players before the match day... Now, they want to claim ignorance.... Not in a court that such will be treated like that...
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2017
gebest:
including FIFA
Yea.. fire burn them all
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by bigtt76(f): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
Why did FIFA not vet the team list before the match? Why wait till after the match? Useless people all

HSfoundation:

Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee
12 Dec 2017

Following the recent meeting of the Disciplinary Committee, FIFA can today confirm the latest sanctions imposed for incidents that occurred during the preliminary competition for the FIFA World Cup™ as well as in international friendlies.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has been sanctioned for fielding an ineligible player in the match between Algeria and Nigeria on 10 November 2017. The match is declared to be forfeited and awarded 3-0 in favour of Algeria, with the NFF also receiving a fine of CHF 6,000.

The sanction relates to the player Abdullahi Shehu failing to serve the automatic one-match suspension imposed on him as a result of receiving a caution in two separate matches of the same competition. This sanction bears no impact on the final result of the preliminary competition for the FIFA World Cup since Nigeria had already qualified (and Algeria eliminated) before the match took place.

published on FIFA.com.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=12/news=latest-decisions-of-the-fifa-disciplinary-committee-2924351.html
@Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by talk2percy(m): 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2017
This is stupidly ridiculous! Nobody remembered and even the player himself, or they just intentionally wanted to dare FIFA??
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Phoniex23: 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
Rough Play
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by abali29(m): 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
We (Nigeria) should have somebody or committee for this and if there is, they should be sanction. It's disgraceful for a whole nation to be doing such. If not for the strong force or the politics Nigeria played during the last caf election, it would have been another story. Thank God, Zambia were not at same point with us. But it's shameful

1 Like

Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by donbenie(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
krattoss:
Fifa are just stupid...how in earth will they carry a yellow card against Swaziland in the first phase of the qualifying and roll it over to the second phase....

And to think of it they just discoverd after the worldcup draws... what 're they even smoking??

Well I expect an official response from amaju pinnick. .
Rules are rules and it's left for the NFF to know the relevant regulations in a competition and adhere to it, luckily for them this one didn't bite them on the butt..
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Ten06(m): 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2017
This is just like gifting somebody condom after he has contacted gonorrhea

2 Likes

Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by frostmate: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
Please don't FIFA go through the list before match for verification. I mean it's all in their bladdy database, how did they get to know. It doesn't excuse the incompetence of NFF though.
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Goke7: 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2017
Noescrownoshow:
Na our grouping with Argentina be my problem nobi this one ,, make Algeria carry the 3 points and 3 - 0 go buy garri ,, we will buy sugar and groundnut for them when we're coming back from Russia
grin
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by sonofoluku: 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
femicyrus:
someone in NFF failed to do his job which could have denied us participation in the world cup if the last match was the decider.
if they remember to give oliseh his share of the qualifier bonus, how on earth did they forget a match ban on a player.
I really hope they will learn from this development..

My brother in so shocked to read this.That stupid coach and Amaju pinnick must resign or be sacked.If that match was the decider ,we would av lost our world cup place...
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by mrlaw93(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
R2bees:
lost. SUPER EAGLES VILLAGE PEOPLE FAILED THIS TIME.. They know we are going to win the world cup in Russia so they are trying everything possible to stop us.. THUNDER FIA THEM ALL
Is Ghana witches bro.. Thank God they failed..
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Chukazu: 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
FIFA not get work shaa... person fit get heart attack untop reading the headline alone angry
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by owbabs: 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
This is why I laugh when people complain about our fifa rankings. The rules are there for people to see yet every month I hear people including top personalities in NFF say we don't know why fifa is ranking us low. Do we have someone in the NFF or technical committee overseeing match data and stats?

1 Like

Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Codes151(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
Useless country
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Goalnaldo(m): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2017
R2bees:
I couldn't stop laughing
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by PDPGuy: 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2017
frostmate:
Please don't FIFA go through the list before match for verification. I mean it's all in their bladdy database, how did they get to know. It doesn't excuse the incompetence of NFF though.
It’s solely the responsibility of the national association to keep tabs on the players who are carrying yellow cards.
It’s analogous to expecting a referee, before a game, to tell a player not to commit a foul: it’s not the ref’s job.
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:37am On Dec 13, 2017
How come our NFF people are so dumb? Something similar happened during the reign of Samson Siasia when we needed a goal or so to qualify for the nations cup. Lack of records keeping. Heads must roll.
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by Anulux(f): 4:34am On Dec 13, 2017
*Plzz �kindly VOTE for DADA ANU as the MOST INTELLIGENT* @ *The Campus Star Award And Magazine , which is Nigeria’s No 1 Student award for Excellent And emerging music artistes and entertainers.*
�Your Vote count� Click the link below�
http://africanbing.com/campus-star-award-magazine-oou-ibogun-campus/
Re: Fifa Sanctions Nigeria In 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, Awards Algeria by easyelliot(m): 6:22am On Dec 13, 2017
Can u imagine if we only qualified by a point??
Thats how Zambia would have gone to world cup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Angry Ronaldo Leaves Juve Stadium After Being Substituted In 55th Minute / Cristiano Ronaldo Buys Bugatti La Voiture Noire, World's Most Expensive Car / Burj Khalifa Celebrates Super Eagles (Photos And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.