Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,531 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

A Poem On Dysmenorrhea - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / A Poem On Dysmenorrhea (555 Views)

Poem On Forgiveness For Loved Ones / "When Hunger Becomes Prayer" - A Poem By Precious Arinze / Leave Me Whole. - A Poem About Female Genital Mutilation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Poem On Dysmenorrhea by zainabope: 12:34am On Dec 13, 2017
I am writing about pain.

The pain few girls have had to experience every month.

The type of pain I've felt one too many times that has made me feel like ripping out my uterus and saying enough is enough.

The pain that has made me talk to my aunt who is a nurse about tying my Fallopian tube (mind I say she told me "that's a white woman thing,we Nigerians have juju following us and have children to bear so it can't be an option".

The pain that has caused me to read several articles about what to stop eating(which includes everything I obviously like)

The pain that once made me think of having children now now now because I read that immediately you have children the pain stops.

She was the most excruciating of pains

Ah! Thank God she just lasts for 4 days

Always accompanied with her siblings;

Fever, Vomiting and Diarrhoea

Walking to the restroom

So impossible

My legs have failed me

Hated it!

I'm better off if I could just sleep

For just a little while

I forget

Till I awake again

Sleep is the perfect anesthesia

I can count on my twin to understand

We endure the same pain

The rest do not understand

When alone,

They discuss me with their subconcious

I look weak to them

They don't say it

But I know

How would you endure labour pain

I read the words from their eyes

Idip ubiak enye anam afo udiagha mkpo?

My concerned mom always asks

This is my experience with period cramps.

Visit https://pinchofchel./2017/12/11/dysmenorrhea/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Changing World / Stop Ignoring Us! / A Song Of Snowflakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.