Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan (586 Views)

She Rejected His Marriage Proposal, He Dumped Her She Is Crying It Was A Mistake / I Raped Her Because She Rejected Me Several Times – Suspect / Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Woman Who Rejected His Marriage Proposal ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:04am On Dec 13, 2017

As she was dying from gunshot wounds, a Brooklyn, N.Y., teen used her last breaths to identify the man who shot her because she refused to date him, police testified Monday.

According to the New York Daily News, 16-year-old Shemel Mercurius struggled through a painful 20-minute wait for an ambulance, but in that time, she told authorities about a 25-year-old man who wanted to date her and would not take no for an answer, the police said.

Taariq Stephens is the 25-year-old facing charges that he murdered Shemel, a junior at Edward R. Murrow High School. Shemel was babysitting her 3-year-old cousin in May 2016 when authorities say Stephens forced his way into the apartment in the New York City borough and shot her three times with a submachine gun.

During Stephens’ trial Monday inside the state Supreme Court in Brooklyn, responding officers detailed the scene to which they arrived on May 31, 2016.

“There was a 3-year-old male child … covered in blood crying next to the victim,” Police Sgt. Ryan Habermehl testified, adding that he immediately called EMS. “It took about 20 minutes for EMS to arrive.”

Police Officer Kyle Thomas Daly was the one who found Shemel bleeding, seated on a toy car and slumped against the wall.

“I put on gloves, took her off the car and laid her down and began rendering aid … she regained consciousness, gave me her name and date of birth,”
Daly, who has since left the New York City Police Department to join the Suffolk County, N.Y., Police Department, told the courtroom.

He also confirmed that it took about 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive.

Shemel went in and out of consciousness, but in that time, she was able to tell another detective that Stephens wanted them to be a couple but she wasn’t interested, Daly testified.

Shemel and Stephens had met at a day care center about a week before the slaying and exchanged numbers, according to authorities.

Shortly before she was shot, Shemel had buzzed a friend, Lona Junien, into the building where she was babysitting. Junien, 18, also testified what she saw when she approached the apartment.

“The person pushed her. The person said, ‘Don’t ever lie to me.’ She was screaming; he took out the gun and shot her,”
Junien said.
However, when she was being questioned by Stephens’ lawyer, Junien did acknowledge that a detective had identified Stephens as the shooter before she had a chance to identify him for herself.

Stephens is facing charges of second-degree murder and a weapons charges and, if convicted, could serve 25 years to life in prison.

Source: https://www.reporter247.org/2017/12/girl-used-dying-breath-to-identify-man.html

cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan by 9jaDoc(f): 6:14am On Dec 13, 2017
Tragic
Re: Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan by noblealuu: 6:15am On Dec 13, 2017
So sad. This is unjustifiable
Re: Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:16am On Dec 13, 2017
Life sentence without parole is better. How many girls I don talk to wey even mock me, why I no kee them. The guy is a bascard
Re: Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan by NwaAmaikpe: 6:18am On Dec 13, 2017
shocked

Life first; emotions, rationality and sentiments later.

She'd have still been alive if only she said yes to his advances. It won't have cost her anything, maybe just a few rounds of sex.
That doesn't matter either because ikpeku no get meter.

Now she's dead,
With her love,
With her choices,
With her boyfriend specs,
She's dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:32am On Dec 13, 2017
Oja ti burst
Re: Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:34am On Dec 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Life first; emotions, rationality and sentiments later.

She'd have still been alive if only she said yes to his advances. It won't have cost her anything, maybe just a few rounds of sex.
That doesn't matter either because ikpeku no get meter.

Now she's dead,
With her love,not again
With her choices,
With her boyfriend specs,
She's dead.

Re: Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan by sapientia(m): 10:08am On Dec 13, 2017
Mad people everywhere.. I doubt if the guy is mentally stable.

One gats be careful though.. Tune of rejection matters oo.. To avoid triggering a mad man..

If its proven he did it.. let him bear the consequences. The dead are gone.
Re: Girl Used Dying Breath To Identify Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected His Advan by 1Sharon(f): 10:24am On Dec 13, 2017
A 25 yr old man wanting to date a 16 yr old? Men!

(1) (Reply)

Start Earning 100 To 400 Dollars Daily Posting And Commenting Payment Are Made W / Boko Haram Now ‘completely Defeated’ – Nigerian Army / If You Are In Benin, Don't Miss This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.