Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer (48472 Views)

How I Was Gang Raped By 10 Touts - Lady (Photo) / Dog Dies In Colombia, Was 'Gang-Raped' And Stabbed 30 Times / I Was Gang-raped By 8 Students, Blackmailed, Unilag Student Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by dre11(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2017
By Taiwo Jimoh

A 22-year-old lady, Ibukun (surname withheld), has recounted how she was ganged-raped by some hoodlums in the presence of policemen during the Lagos State Street Carnival.

Ibukun alleged that while the assault was going on, policemen who were close to the scene were watching her and refuse to protect her from being raped.

The victim said she was later rescued by someone who heard her when she was screaming for help but the hoodlums escaped when they heard footsteps and abandoned her.

She said: “The man that came to rescue me took me to paramedics stationed at the event, where they cleaned me and gave me first aid treatment. It was a horrible experience for me.

“My colleagues and I were employed as dancers to perform at the carnival by one of the organisers. But eventually the organisers did not pay us after the event. We decided to stage a protest because of their refusal to pay us.

“But while I was going to where my colleagues were standing to embark on the protest, some hoodlums came out from nowhere and surrounded me. They dragged me on the floor and collected my phone.

“Before I knew what was happening, they started tearing my clothes and underwear. They also dipped their hands into my bra and buttock, while they took turn to rape me.

“It took the grace of God for me to scream for help, because they overpowered me. They did everything with me without been challenged.”

Ibukun disclosed that they met the said the lady who contracted them at Teslim Balogun Stadium on Wednesday and Friday preceding the carnival for rehearsal, but they did not provide adequate security for them.

She added: “On the carnival day, we all gathered at the centre of the venue as instructed by Precious who contracted us for the job. When it was time for them to pay, she started coming up with different excuses.

“We were 500 in number that were contracted to dance at the carnival. We were going on the stage to protest when I missed my colleagues. It was in the process the hoodlums attacked and raped me.”

Ibukun disclosed that she had been dealing with the emotional and mental trauma of the attack which left her with bruises on her arm and private parts.

She said: “I therefore reported the matter at Area F Police Command.”

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Chike Oti, confirmed the story.

Oti said the command was aware of the girl’s complaint, but it was making efforts to established contact with the victim.

He said: “When girl made the complaints, the divisional police officer of Ikeja Station and the Area F Command were contacted to ascertain her claim, but they both said nothing of such happened at the carnival.

“In our preliminary investigation, the Lagos State ambulance emergency management said they did not attend to such case as claimed by the girl; that they only treated those who fainted at the venue not rape victims.

“Such incident never happened at the carnival as many policemen were deployed in the area to maintain law and order.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/12/lagos-carnival-gang-raped-police-presence-dancer/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by biacan(f): 8:01am On Dec 13, 2017
Nigerian police force are the worst thing that has ever happened to this country....... SMH... #endsars

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by cyrilomoh: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2017
Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by nerodenero: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2017
I pity the young lady. She lost on both sides. She was raped and not paid for the job she did.

Trust the Police to deny her since she alleged they were at the scene of the rape.

Nigeria just keep failing and there is no stopping that any time soon

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2017
Nothing to comment sha, since my niqqa girlfriend accused him of raping her after they've had she
S*x for 4different times on the 5th occasion they get caught and the lady claimed rape.

Since then I no de believe any girl again angry

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Joshintua(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2017
Who is to believe, the girl or the police because the story get as e be

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by hsafarms: 8:58am On Dec 13, 2017
and those breasts may be perky pointy.... chaiii
Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by AdolfHitlerxXx: 8:58am On Dec 13, 2017
Rape can permanently destroy a woman's psyche.

Even if some of us don't have sisters, even the homos .. ALL of us were born by women.

Would you like this done to your mother?

This is addressed to potential rapists and those who glorify rape.

#SayNoToRape#

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Evablizin(f): 8:59am On Dec 13, 2017
embarassed

SORRY. POLICE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by AgroSeeds: 11:42am On Dec 13, 2017
Have we degenerated to this?
Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by miqos02(m): 11:42am On Dec 13, 2017
Haaaah
Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by BruncleZuma: 11:43am On Dec 13, 2017
Which police? You see agbero for costume dey call police ...this should be condemned by all.

The police should protect and serve...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 13, 2017
AgroSeeds:
Have we degenerated to this?

You have a Senator humping a 13 year old pussy and you asking that?.....undecided

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 13, 2017
You say Lagos Street Carnival grin

Raped or harassed?

Street ti take ova embarassed
Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by superior494(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2017
No good news has ever surface concerning NPF

very bad

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by lost24: 11:48am On Dec 13, 2017
Pls is nobody fault na ur dressing n ur pussy case am ooo

Wen u dress descent people will respect u small
So dress to impress people n dey will Bleep u well

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2017
Police is your friend
Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Flosticks(m): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2017
What a disastrous and traumatic pain

1 Like

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:50am On Dec 13, 2017
The person who contacted her should be sued ASAP!

Precious should make sure she highly compensate Ibukun

1 Like

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by ZorGBUooeh: 11:50am On Dec 13, 2017
If Sars shoot one dirty criminal now pipu go dey run dem dirty mouth angry
Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by columbus007(m): 11:51am On Dec 13, 2017
Nigeria police fvck,u no thank your God say dem no join rape you undecided
Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Lilimax(f): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2017
Any lady/girl should be cautious of those kind of gathering because hoodlums, touts, street-urchins name them abounds in this type of event;
moreso, it's a free event and the security may not be top notch.
Fighting and raping may be the order of the day if care is not taken.

I empathize with you young lady but you should be more careful next time.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by Eyanmukaila(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2017
hsafarms:
and those breasts may be perky pointy.... chaiii

where is your moral? if that was your sister, mom or aunty, is this what u would have said? this country is so damned nothing can redeem it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer by chiagozien(m): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2017
The police man's Mind dey where he dey do this..........

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Margaret Emefiele's Kidnappers & N15Million Recovered From Them (Pics) / 41 Nigerian Prostitutes Arrested In Ghana (Photos, Video) / Husband Kills Wife In Adamawa, Harvests Body Parts For Ritual (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.