Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,444 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law (5535 Views)

Stop Calling Me A Baby, Little Girl Warning Her Father because She's Grown (video) / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Ginaz(f): 12:38am On Dec 14, 2017
Organs:

GINAZ: You are on point. I agree with you absolutely. I think Kimbraa got confused with the subtle way in the write up. For example the writer said "money in the house" once there is money etc and Kimbra is "inferring" she was referring to her husbands money but like you said, there are so many pointers in the write up that shows clearly your explanation is CORRECT.

BENITA27: Sometimes your argument is not right but you hold on to it anyways. You should explore the other person's viewpoint else you won't learn. Just follow Ginaz's chain of thought and read it again and you will get to the ahaaaa moment. My hunch is you won't still accept, cos you are female, somehow females do not accept and give in to other females. Its just an unwritten code, they see the truth in it but they will refuse to accept the truth as the truth.... Why? i don't know.

Don't mind that thing! Going from the main content , jumping into irrational conclusions and still be calling it referred knowledge.

Anyway nobody is above mistakes. We should learn to take corrections when we are wrong sometimes despite our pride. That should be my lesson for today. Good morning, it's A.M already. Bye

6 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by elektra(f): 4:22am On Dec 14, 2017
eyinjuege:

She said she has her own money or intends to. She talked about working hard in one's youth to afford life's luxuries
She didn't talk about a ready made man anywhere, you just naturally assumed getting married equates elevation out of poverty.

Abi oh.
I had to scroll back up to read the original post.
The post explicitly states that she (original poster) is "striving to achieve her goals" to make life easy for "her, hubby and children" and nowhere does she(original poster) mention a man's contribution talk less of a "ready-made man", but because professor of inference studies has never seen a woman work to finance their own comfort, it is obviously an impossible feat. And thus she decided to "scratch beneath the surface" and "infer" that a ready-made man will be financing all these luxuries.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 14, 2017
Why are women like this? See how they gathered against kimbraaa because she broke the ladies’ code. How many Nigerian women (whether rich or poor) would spend their money for the family when the man too has money. The inference that can be drawn from Facebook post in point is that the lady is talking about spending her “rich” husband’s money and she is spoiling for war with her mother in law.

Well done kimbraaa, your type are rare in these perilous times.

I now wait for the bashing from Nigerian women. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 14, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Why are women like this? See how they gathered against kimbraaa because she broke the ladies’ code. How many Nigerian women (whether rich or poor) would spend their money for the family when the man too has money. The inference that can be drawn from Facebook post in point is that the lady is talking about spending her “rich” husband’s money and she is spoiling for war with her mother in law.

I don't even have her time 'cause I could also go down the lane of using derogatory remarks, and she won't have been able to sleep last night.

At least you understood my view points. All I said was the undertone with which the lady wrote and someone who read and understood the superficial is busy trying to make her opinion supercede mine when the lady repeated said that she's suffered all her life and wouldn't want to in marriage. And to make it worse, she's so uncouth with her replies that I wonder if she's a product of a dysfunctional family. Silly girl!.
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2017
Ginaz:

Don't mind that thing! Going from the main content , jumping into irrational conclusions and still be calling it referred knowledge.

Anyway nobody is above mistakes. We should learn to take corrections when we are wrong sometimes despite our pride. That should be my lesson for today. Good morning, it's A.M already. Bye
shut up your mouth.

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
kimbraa:
I don't even have her time 'cause I could also go down the lane of using derogatory remarks, and she won't have been able to sleep last night.

At least you understood my view points. All I said was the undertone with which the lady wrote and someone who read and understood the superficial is busy trying to make her opinion supercede mine when the lady repeated said that she's suffered all her life and wouldn't want to in marriage. And to make it worse, she's so uncouth with her replies that I wonder if she's a product of a dysfunctional family. Silly girl!.

My sister, just continue being the good woman that you are. Your type are very rare these days. In fact, it is God that will save we Nigerian men from what Nigerian economy has turned most of our women to.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2017
Alcatraz005:

My sister, just continue being the good woman that you are. Your type are very rare these days. In fact, it is God that will save we Nigerian men from what Nigerian economy has turned most of our women to.
Thanks, have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Martin0(m): 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2017
kimbraa:
Thanks, have a nice day.

All these na dem crusher's association oogringrin
Me na number 100 oogringrin
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Organs(m): 5:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
kimbraa:
How would you know whether I got confused at some point or not?. I read the post before commenting so my comment was strictly based on what I inferred from her write-up. Why don't you "Like" and go than telling me what you think is right or wrong 'cause last time I checked, rights or wrongs are relative. Agreed, however, if for the most part, lots of people say you're wrong and show you clearly how you are wrong, then maybe you are most probably wrong. Also, if i see something wrong, i can decide to say it same way some folks hail you and you said thank you, must not all be positive.

Back to the topic. Let me assume she intends working to make her money, at the end of the day whose finances are bigger (Exactly what GINAZ is saying..... This is your personal opinion....the writer "Onome" did not disclose or hint at that) chunks going to go to family upkeep? Her man. So what are we talking about here?. If her parents couldn't give her a life of luxury like she said and she's already wishfully thinking of caving one for herself it all boils down to having a well to do man in ones life.(Not necessarily.. All this is your interpretation, she did not say or suggest it in her write up).. 'cause all she mentioned would be provided by her husband and maybe an insignificant amount by her.

Bottom line, most mothers in-law who make their daughters in-laws life a hell hole do so 'cause these women met their men already made so they just develop this feelings that she's come to reap where she didn't sow. For these ones, winning their heart would be out of one's good deeds and genuine feelings for their sons. Marry a pauper and see if his mother would make your life miserable.
- I agree with this satement in most cases but ofcourse not in all cases, now its on this premise - Inferred Knowledge that you drew up your conclusion of what the writer wrote. GINAZ is going strictly on the writer's message which is inferred from only what she wrote.

Bottom line, all these are part of learning for me, i hope it is for you too.

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Organs(m): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2017
Alcatraz005:
Why are women like this? See how they gathered against kimbraaa because she broke the ladies’ code. How many Nigerian women (whether rich or poor) would spend their money for the family when the man too has money. The inference that can be drawn from Facebook post in point is that [b]the lady is talking about spending her “rich” husband’s money [/b]and she is spoiling for war with her mother in law.

Alcatraz005: Bros, you are not correct sir... do me a favour.... Point to the exact place where she talked about the emboldened!!!

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2017
Organs:
- I agree with this satement in most cases but ofcourse not in all cases, now its on this premise - Inferred Knowledge that you drew up your conclusion of what the writer wrote. GINAZ is going strictly on the writer's message which is inferred from only what she wrote.

Bottom line, all these are part of learning for me, i hope it is for you too.
Just so we're straight. When next you appear on my mention, there's really no point in mentioning my other account. I'm actually done with this topic.
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by cococandy(f): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
@bold, even if that the case, she should stay out of her son’s marriage. His money is automatically his wife’s money too once they get married. She has not business trying to police or disturb in her son’s marriage unless she believes she didn’t raise a man capable of making good decisions.

kimbraa:
First off, your mother in-law isn't going to disturb you when she's aware that the lady in question is path of her man's success story. They mostly do when they perceive a lady to be reaping from where she didn't sow . Having said that, my statement was an inferred knowledge . What I deduced from her post and it doesn't have to be what she wrote in verbatim. Scratch deeper!. She said so much of suffering as a child and not wanting to go through the same ordeal in her husband's home. Now, who's going to give her that life of luxury that her parents couldn't afford in marriage? It's the man. She could make her own money and not still not be able to afford the life she wants.

I repeat, you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

10 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by cococandy(f): 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2017
@topic, the OP is creating problems where there is none. You haven’t even met the future mother-in-law and you already anticipating problems. That’s one sure way to get them. Just be open minded

6 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
cococandy:
@bold, even if that the case, she should stay out of her son’s marriage. His money is automatically his wife’s money too once they get married. She has not business trying to police or disturb in her son’s marriage unless she believes she didn’t raise a man capable of making good decisions.

When you become a mother in-law, let's see how you stay out of your son's marriage. grin
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by lilmax(m): 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2017
kimbraa:
When you become a mother in-law, let's see how you stay out of your son's marriage. grin
family section grin....
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by cococandy(f): 12:40am On Dec 15, 2017
kimbraa:

I’ve only been to four countries in my life.
I’m already in my late twenties.

There are about a few more hundred countries to go.
My point? I’m sure I’ll spend my retirement ages touring the world. Only needy women who don’t have a plan for their later lives cling to their sons when they grow up. If you have your own life, you won’t be in the middle of your kids’ marriages.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by dingbang(m): 2:35am On Dec 15, 2017
cococandy:

My point? I’m sure I’ll spend my retirement ages touring the world. Only needy women who don’t have a plan for their later lives cling to their sons when they grow up. If you have your own life, you won’t be in the middle of your kids’ marriages.
chai.. This reply is so painful...

7 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by dingbang(m): 2:43am On Dec 15, 2017
kimbraa:
She said too much but ended up saying nothing. Mothers in-law are not mad. Though, some could frustrate the living day light out of you but it's expected 'cause women understand themselves. Since you want to marry an already made man, she definitely won't let you enjoy the man's wealth she's groomed in peace. So, it's expected. Pray to marry into a good family 'cause you're not only marring their son but the entire family. Mothers in-law aren't the only ones who could make your life a hell hole.
but Benita, where in the world did she state she wants to marry an already made man?

You are trying ooo... Keep it up

8 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Phut(f): 5:36am On Dec 15, 2017
kimbraa:
You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Like the average Nigerian girl doesn't see marriage as poverty alleviation. What I stated was an inferred knowledge, you needn't see it that way.
Ginaz was right. You made an assumption

8 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 15, 2017
cococandy:

You nailed it.
I have the same plans for retirement age and many more. wink cheesy

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by elantraceey(f): 6:47am On Dec 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

You need to change the kind of women you interact with, there are alot of women like that today, no one is attacking her but I'm yet to notice where in the op the lady stated she intends to use her husbands money, you guys are barely judging based on the normal stereotype and not on what was stated in the op.

7 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:00am On Dec 15, 2017
cococandy:

Yes o.It is only the idle one's and the one's that enjoy causing trouble.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:11am On Dec 15, 2017
Who will save nigerian women from what the nigerian economy has turned our men to.
Alcatraz005:

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 15, 2017
missvaj2015:
A Nigerian lady wrote on her Facebook wall warning her future mother in-law, telling her that we are in 21century and technology has taking over everything.So she should not come and tell her what to do in her marriage home.

The question is which village pikin is she planning on marrying?Most people today, outside of the very poor, are growing up with washing machines and kitchen appliances being used by the same future mils she is calling out.
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:23am On Dec 15, 2017
God please give me a mother in law that is like a mother to me.I do not pray for a troublesome one but if she is i will give her hell.When she comes to my house for visit she would not stay more than 48 hours.God just give me someone that can be a mother to me.
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by dingbang(m): 7:36am On Dec 15, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Yes o.It is only the idle one's and the one's that enjoy causing trouble.
true....
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by cococandy(f): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2017
Mindfulness:

You nailed it.
I have the same plans for retirement age and many more. wink cheesy
hey you kiss wink
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 15, 2017
dingbang:
but Benita, where in the world did she state she wants to marry an already made man?

You are trying ooo... Keep it up

I wanted to ignore you but I just couldn't just as I almost ignored the Ginaz moniker. You read and derived your knowledge of what she wrote exactly how she wrote it but I read and connected dots. That's the difference between you, I, and Ginaz.

I've explained this before. Her undertone proves she's seeking for a made man 'cause she layed too much emphasis on "I've suffered, my parents couldn't give me the life I desire, and I can't go through the same in my husband's house" again, "I've goals" all she said are wishful thoughts but boils down to her gold digging tendencies.
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 15, 2017
cococandy:

That's your plan, and you're obviously one out of a million. #fact!.
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by cococandy(f): 9:32am On Dec 15, 2017
kimbraa:
That's your plan, and you're obviously one out of a million. #fact!.
Seun doesn’t have the right emoji to convey the face I’m making right now.
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 15, 2017
cococandy:

Seun doesn’t have the right emoji to convey the face I’m making right now.
Then we should ask seun to add more emoji.
Re: A Nigerian Lady Warning Her Future Mother In-law by bukatyne(f): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I laugh in Spanish.

Ask your married friends how many 'finance' the home alone or the bulk of it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Temptations Today With A Stupid Neighbour That Later Turned Profitable. / Can You Allow Your Husband Engage In Anal Sex With You? / Save Me 4rm My Uncle's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.