Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport (9026 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Governor Abubakar Standing In Airport Shuttle Bus / Tinubu Drives El-Rufai In A Taxi Cab In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by eros(m): 10:07pm On Apr 01, 2010
Why is the world becoming less safe by the day? This is something that one would think can never happen in Calabar of all places.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by tunde1200(m): 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2010
please the authority should look in to this mater very well so that police will not kill d guy like boko aram leader. because this is intesional did to disarange the airline, bad belle people god go cash dem one by one like dis. cry
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by santakris(m): 10:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
What is happening in these country?
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2010
UHHHMMMMM??

"A man crashes his car into an aircraft and declares he is the Saviour and we get very mild reaction from the press. If he had been a Muslim he would have been called a TERRORIST and CNN/BBC/FOXNews will have been all over him and that will have been the news for the next 2weeks!!! But, because he is a Christain (that declares JESUS is the Redeemer - ThisDay Newspaper) the reaction is as usual mild and the story will be swept under the carpet in the next 2 days!!!!

Part of the charges against hundreds of Muslims for the Dogo Nahawa massacre is TERRORISM, but the few Christains (who will definitely go free in the end) being charged for the Kuru Karama killings are not being charged for TERRORISM but some other minor offences. Where is the justice.

So it is a given even in Nigeria now that Muslims are TERRORIST while Christains are SAVIOURS.

Thank you Nigerian Press!!!!!"

- Reaction posted by Deen Abubakar on Apr 01 2010 on NEXT
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5548587-146/wannabe_saviour_drives_car_into_aircraft.csp
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by LEGSTRONG(m): 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2010
let's take this seriously ohhhh this might b funny but if we sweep this under the carpet many more might come and the safest means of transport may not just be it anymore in nigeria, police please investigate exaustively, so far he mentioned jesus but no one has confirmed that he is a christian, he probably was paid to do this, however please ohhhh nigeria police get to the root of the matter ohhhhhhh
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by etauso(m): 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
God Bless Cross River State. I was there.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by 18platoon(m): 12:40am On Apr 02, 2010
@AIRDIG, have you forgotten that terrorism is the exclusive reserve of MUSLIMS, any other person is a freedom figther, its only MUSLIMS that are terrorists.

FROSBEL you'll not say anything now cos its your chickens that are coming home to roost ba, and definitely they'll come home to roost, hypocracy of the higthest order.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Fhemmmy: 1:14am On Apr 02, 2010
This thread has suddenly turned into tribal fight and religious war . . . .na wa oh
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by kayality: 1:54am On Apr 02, 2010
God bless Nigeria oooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Fhemmmy: 1:55am On Apr 02, 2010
Amennnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by naijaking1: 2:51am On Apr 02, 2010
Fhemmmy:

This thread has suddenly turned into tribal fight and religious war . . . .na wa oh

Yeah, but it's so sad, because we could be talking about a sick man here.
Since psychiatric illness knows no religious, tribal or ethnic boundaries, I wonder why this should be brought down to a tribal fight.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by edoyad(m): 4:32am On Apr 02, 2010
If the terrorist is a christian sent by Jesus to kill christians then that is a problem between christians because i know virtually no hausa man was on that plane. He did not carry himself to any Almajiriland or middle east to waste his life on low IQ persons at the end of the day. About my low IQ line i'm not joking about it cos studies are showing that middle east, especially around that Saudi region have the highest rate of mental retardation in the world; i believe it has reached 6.9% there while global average is just about 3%.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by detopshot(m): 5:30am On Apr 02, 2010
I'm smellin sth funny here. i have lived in Calabar for more than 10years but i'm not from cross river. 4get about all this silly comments we're makin- muslim terrorist, christian saviour and all the bullsh, t. let's think of this:
1. the cross river state govt recently banned the operations of commercial motor cyclist in Calabar urban of which 70percent were uneducated Akwa Ibomites(abt 60percent of Calabar residents r Akwa Ibomites, apart from visitors).
2. the govt also, thro the dept of public transport (DOPT), levied a huge some to all privately owned taxi operators such that they complained bitterly and even went on strike as a union (most of them r former okada riders).
3. the new Ibom intl airport was formerly operated by arik airlines, but out of misundrstandin wif govt, they withdrew (but i don't know how this is related, but let's also consider it. probably it'll aid our reasoning).
4. there's been a bit of face-off between Akwa Ibom and cross river state govt cos of the oil well issue that left them, i.e Akwa Ibom, the highest oil producer in the country. So, from the aforesaid, we MAY NOT engage ourselves in silly and unmerited tribal or sentimental talks abt this issue. this is a very serious one and as such, let's not make fun of it BUT REASON TOGETHER AS A PEOPLE. remember, we DONT HAVE ANY OTHER COUNTRY but NIGERIA. good day all
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by rhymz(m): 6:04am On Apr 02, 2010
detopshot:

I'm smellin sth funny here. i have lived in Calabar for more than 10years but i'm not from cross river. 4get about all this silly comments we're makin- muslim terrorist, christian saviour and all the bullsh, t. let's think of this:
1. the cross river state govt recently banned the operations of commercial motor cyclist in Calabar urban of which 70percent were uneducated Akwa Ibomites(abt 60percent of Calabar residents r Akwa Ibomites, apart from visitors).
2. the govt also, thro the dept of public transport (DOPT), levied a huge some to all privately owned taxi operators such that they complained bitterly and even went on strike as a union (most of them r former okada riders).
3. the new Ibom intl airport was formerly operated by arik airlines, but out of misundrstandin wif govt, they withdrew (but i don't know how this is related, but let's also consider it. probably it'll aid our reasoning).
4. there's been a bit of face-off between Akwa Ibom and cross river state govt cos of the oil well issue that left them, i.e Akwa Ibom, the highest oil producer in the country. So, from the aforesaid, we MAY NOT engage ourselves in silly and unmerited tribal or sentimental talks abt this issue. this is a very serious one and as such, let's not make fun of it BUT REASON TOGETHER AS A PEOPLE. remember, we DONT HAVE ANY OTHER COUNTRY but NIGERIA. good day all
Ur submissions are very close to the possibility of what had caused that incident. . .Am sensing some political tension btw cross river and akwa ibom esp after they vehemently disagreed to give cross riverians back the oils wells that the FG had transferred to be in the possesion of akwa ibom. I watched the showedown at the Senate and I must confess that the akwa ibom senators came across as insensitive giving the fact that they own more oil wells and were not ready to take pity on the cross riverians who did not have any left besidez those the FG took 4rm them and to akwa ibom. Funny enough, Calabar used to be the host of every akwa ibomites back in the days and even up till dis day, akwa ibomites still make up a sizeable chunk of the Calabar Population. It is possible the cross river state govt is reeling out harsh policies aimed mostly at businesses which are mostly occupied by akwa ibomites to teach them how not to bite the finger that has fed them. And am sure what we saw in the papers, was a taxi man( who most likely is an akwa ibomite as they make up the taxi biz in Calabar) who understanding the politics at play, was angry with the Cross river government and wanted to teach em a very big lesson. For real this guy wanted to make a very big statement. . Geez. . He rammed two gates and headed straight to the fuel tank of d plane, it was just God that saved the passengers. This is a wake up call i guess to the two states govt.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by justfash50: 8:54am On Apr 02, 2010
Quote from: detopshot on Today at 05:30:00 AM

your submissions are very close to the possibility of what had caused that incident. . .Am sensing some political tension btw cross river and akwa ibom esp after they vehemently disagreed to give cross riverians back the oils wells that the FG had transferred to be in the possesion of akwa ibom. I watched the showedown at the Senate and I must confess that the akwa ibom senators came across as insensitive giving the fact that they own more oil wells and were not ready to take pity on the cross riverians who did not have any left besidez those the FG took 4rm them and to akwa ibom. Funny enough, Calabar used to be the host of every akwa ibomites back in the days and even up till dis day, akwa ibomites still make up a sizeable chunk of the Calabar Population. It is possible the cross river state govt is reeling out harsh policies aimed mostly at businesses which are mostly occupied by akwa ibomites to teach them how not to bite the finger that has fed them. And am sure what we saw in the papers, was a taxi man( who most likely is an akwa ibomite as they make up the taxi biz in Calabar) who understanding the politics at play, was angry with the Cross river government and wanted to teach em a very big lesson. For real this guy wanted to make a very big statement. . Geez. . He rammed two gates and headed straight to the fuel tank of d plane, it was just God that saved the passengers. This is a wake up call i guess to the two states govt.

So Nigerians can reason like this when it comes to a christian perpetuating this dastardly act, some are even saying he is not a christian (am not sure myself) but what if he is a christian?

We are always gullible to what we read in the media who in turn cause disunity between the tribes and Religions.i even some people commenting on the crises in the middle east saying they have the highest rate of deranged people (why would u say such things).

There are so many things at play in this country, we should put our thinking cap on to analyse an issue before we start attacking tribes and religion.we all know the kind of political class we have who with their selfish interest instigate ethno tribal religious war.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Mobinga: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2010
^^^ your both deluded
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by detopshot(m): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2010
Justfash: u're not quoting me, u're quoting someone else's comment together wif mine. you should've quoted me directly. thank you
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by nex(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2010
@edoyad

if there's any truth in the statistics you quoted, then surely you're from the Middle East.

The ignorance with which you post, I believe is unprecedented in the history of Nairaland. How can you claim awareness of the tribes or religions of the passengers on that flight? Were they chattering the plane to attend a Crusade?

If it's okay for people of the same religion to massacre one another, then I don't believe we'd be hearing any noise over Iraq today.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by bibiking1(m): 10:58am On Apr 02, 2010
edoyad:

If the terrorist is a christian sent by Jesus to kill christians then that is a problem between christians because i know virtually no hausa man was on that plane. He did not carry himself to any Almajiriland or middle east to waste his life on low IQ persons at the end of the day. About my low IQ line i'm not joking about it cos studies are showing that middle east, especially around that Saudi region have the highest rate of mental retardation in the world; i believe it has reached 6.9% there while global average is just about 3%.

Are you insulting our intelligence young man? Please stop this blatant distortion of facts and stick to the crust of the arguments!
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Shoot2Kill: 11:43am On Apr 02, 2010
Most of you Nigerians are monkeys!

While i don't support suicide missions ,this guy is actually doing something to let the Government know that enough is a enough. I have told you people that a new breed of Nigerians are ready to fight till the death so that the likes of Jonathan and the PDP will be eliminated.

There are many and i mean many factions out there ready to cause havoc and cripple the Nigerian government and they are well funded by liberation minded people like me.

So while you sit behind your computer and mock this honourable man, you are the ones who are stupid for sitting on your black Nigerian azzes and doing nothing.

Fela said it a long time ago: police man go slap your face you go dey look like donkey.

South Africa is free today because unlike Nigerians , their people are ready to die so that other can have freedom. In Nigeria however ,we are bunch of greedy ,lazy cowards.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 02, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

While i don't support suicide missions ,this guy is actually doing something to let the Government know that enough is a enough. I have told you people that a new breed of Nigerians are ready to fight till the death so that the likes of Jonathan and the PDP will be eliminated.

There are many and i mean many factions out there ready to cause havoc and cripple the Nigerian government and they are well funded by liberation minded people like me.

So while you sit behind your computer and mock this honourable man, you are the ones who are silly for sitting on your black Nigerian azzes and doing nothing.

Fela said it a long time ago: police man go slap your face you go dey look like donkey.

South Africa is free today because unlike Nigerians , their people are ready to die so that other can have freedom. In Nigeria however ,we are bunch of greedy ,lazy cowards.
         [size=25pt] Are u Kidding?, i wanna knw b4 i say my mind[/size] grin grin grin grin
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Shoot2Kill: 11:58am On Apr 02, 2010
odiaero:

[size=25pt] Are u Kidding?, i wanna knw b4 i say my mind[/size] grin grin grin grin

Laugh ,joke ,mock all you want.Everthing is a joke for you people,that is why the politicians kick you all around like footballs because all you do is "suffering & smiling"

This i will tell you,things are happening underground,i been sending several warnings to the government ,i have sounded some warnings here on NL.

But soon everybody will sit up  when things start to happen rapidly.The end is near for the cabals and not even the army nor the sss can save them.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by desthan(m): 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

So while you sit behind your computer and mock this honourable man, you are the ones who are silly for sitting on your black Nigerian azzes and doing nothing.

I don't get it. . . is it that he couldn't find his way to the Government House or the Assembly Complex there in Calabar and set himself ablaze right there. . . . . .why try to kill innocent people who did nothing to you? How about if your sister/brother/wife/mother were on board that plane, i'm positive you won't be sounding this way undecided.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Shoot2Kill: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
desthan:

I don't get it. . . is it that he couldn't find his way to the Government House or the Assembly Complex there in Calabar and set himself ablaze right there. . . . . .why try to kill innocent people who did nothing to you? How about if your sister/brother/wife/mother were on board that plane, i'm positive you won't be sounding this way undecided.

Thank for your sensible contribution, i do agree with you. If you read my first comment ,you will see that i said i don't support suicide missions. I prefer to take out the culprits in Government.

He made a wrong move by trying to blow up the plane when passengers were on board. Who knows maybe he thought the plane was empty because it was standing still. He obviously has poor training because even if had managed to ram into the fuselage of the plane ,the explosion would have been small because he had no explosives in the car .The passengers on board will still have made it out without any scratches.I don't and will never support the death of innocent Nigerians but i support violence against the government of Nigeria.

The cabals in power will never change, they will always play us like a pack of cards and until we do something we will not be free that is why we are fighting against the government discretely but effectively. Stay tuned more things are going to happen this year. This is just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Laugh ,joke ,mock all you want.Everthing is a joke for you people,that is why the politicians kick you all around like footballs because all you do is "suffering & smiling"

This i will tell you,things are happening underground,i been sending several warnings to the government ,i have sounded some warnings here on NL.

But soon everybody will sit up when things start to happen rapidly.The end is near for the cabals and not even the army nor the sss can save them.

[size=25pt] one more quection mr shoot2kill, are u a nigerian b4 i say it all[/size] grin cheesy grin
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

He made a wrong move by trying to blow up the plane when passengers were on board. Who knows maybe he thought the plane was empty because it was standing still. He obviously has poor training because even if had managed to ram into the fuselage of the plane ,the explosion would have been small because he had no explosives in the car .The passengers on board will still have made it out without any scratches.I don't and will never support the death of innocent Nigerians but i support violence against the government of Nigeria.

You don't know anything about the motives of the suspect.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by truly: 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2010
@edoyad
If the terrorist is a christian sent by Jesus to kill christians then that is a problem between christians because i know virtually no hausa man was on that plane. He did not carry himself to any Almajiriland or middle east to waste his life on low IQ persons at the end of the day. About my low IQ line i'm not joking about it cos studies are showing that middle east, e[b]specially around that Saudi region have the highest rate of mental retardation in the world; i believe it has reached 6.9%[/b] there while global average is just about 3%.

If this is true, I would like us to become mentally retarded so that we can
have the tallest building in the world (in Dubai) and Prof Soludo will no longer have a vision of ATD (African Taiwan Dubai)
be among the top 20 economies in the world (Saudi Arabia)
become a destination for asylum/greener pasture seekers rather than being among highest asylum seekers
etc
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2010
truly:

@edoyad
If the terrorist is a christian sent by Jesus to kill christians then that is a problem between christians because i know virtually no hausa man was on that plane. He did not carry himself to any Almajiriland or middle east to waste his life on low IQ persons at the end of the day. About my low IQ line i'm not joking about it cos studies are showing that middle east, e[b]specially around that Saudi region have the highest rate of mental retardation in the world; i believe it has reached 6.9%[/b] there while global average is just about 3%.

If this is true, I would like us to become mentally retarded so that we can
have the tallest building in the world (in Dubai) and Prof Soludo will no longer have a vision of ATD (African Taiwan Dubai)
be among the top 20 economies in the world (Saudi Arabia)
become a destination for asylum/greener pasture seekers rather than being among highest asylum seekers
etc

This is a non-event, absolutely a non-event. Compare this singular, trivial and silly incident to the below.

Latest Offerings from the Religion of Peace

"He who fights that Islam should be superior fights in Allah's cause"

2010.03.31 (Kizlyar, Dagestan) - Two suicide bombers send twelve innocent souls to Allah, including rescue workers.
2010.03.31 (Lashkar Gah, Afghanistan) - A dozen people at a wheat market (including eight children) are blown to bits by a Jihad bicycle bomb.
2010.03.31 (Pattani, Thailand) - Islamic militants shoot one man to death and wound two others as they are watcing TV in their home.
2010.03.30 (Heart, Afghanistan) - The Taliban murder five civilians with a roadside bomb.
2010.03.30 (Mosul, Iraq) - Two civilians are shot to death by Sunni militants.
2010.03.30 (Hyderabad, India) - Muslims attack a Hindu festival, burning cows, destroying property and stabbing a 22-year-old to death.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Thank for your sensible contribution, i do agree with you. If you read my first comment ,you will see that i said i don't support suicide missions. I prefer to take out the culprits in Government.

The cabals in power will never change, they will always play us like a pack of cards and until we do something we will not be free that is why we are fighting against the government discretely but effectively. Stay tuned more things are going to happen this year. This is just the beginning.

Go and get a life and a real Job whatever your name is : grin grin grin grin
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2010
18 platoon:

@AIRDIG, have you forgotten that terrorism is the exclusive reserve of MUSLIMS, any other person is a freedom figther, its only MUSLIMS that are terrorists.

FROSBEL you'll not say anything now cos its your chickens that are coming home to roost ba, and definitely they'll come home to roost, hypocracy of the higthest order.

This is a non-event, absolutely a non-event. Compare this singular, trivial and silly incident to the below.

Latest Offerings from the Religion of Peace

"He who fights that Islam should be superior fights in Allah's cause"

2010.03.31 (Kizlyar, Dagestan) - Two suicide bombers send twelve innocent souls to Allah, including rescue workers.
2010.03.31 (Lashkar Gah, Afghanistan) - A dozen people at a wheat market (including eight children) are blown to bits by a Jihad bicycle bomb.
2010.03.31 (Pattani, Thailand) - Islamic militants shoot one man to death and wound two others as they are watcing TV in their home.
2010.03.30 (Heart, Afghanistan) - The Taliban murder five civilians with a roadside bomb.
2010.03.30 (Mosul, Iraq) - Two civilians are shot to death by Sunni militants.
2010.03.30 (Hyderabad, India) - Muslims attack a Hindu festival, burning cows, destroying property and stabbing a 22-year-old to death.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by 18platoon(m): 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2010
@frosbel, are you a UK taxpayer? if yes then you have been contributing to the growth of ISLAM that you're spending your life hating, cos there're many ISLAMIC schools in the UK that are beign giving public funds for there upkeep and there's nothing you can do about it, before you come with a counter claim please research the funding of AL SHAHKSIYYA UK, then you'll be shedding tears as you're reading througth.

NB: your hatered for us will only strenghten us, we cannot be intimidated.
Re: Taxi Cab Driver Rams Into Plane In Airport by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2010
18 platoon:

@frosbel, are you a UK taxpayer? if yes then you have been contributing to the growth of ISLAM that you're spending your life hating, cos there're many ISLAMIC schools in the UK that are beign giving public funds for there upkeep and there's nothing you can do about it, before you come with a counter claim please research the funding of AL SHAHKSIYYA UK, then you'll be shedding tears as you're reading througth.

NB: your hatered for us will only strenghten us, we cannot be intimidated.

Yep heard about it, its gonna be stopped because they have links to Hizbullah and Hamas.  If you support them then I know what you stand for .

Once again  I DO NOT hate Muslims as human beings but I detest the murderous ideology of Islam. Its like a Vampire with an insatiable desire for blood and more blood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Artillery Fire, Sporadic Gunshot At Naibawa & Darmunawa In Kano / Judge Withdraws From Al-mustapha’s Case Citing 'Personal Reasons' / Rivers Rerun: Police Orders Total Restriction Of Movement Of Persons & Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.