Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital (4563 Views)

Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch / 3000 Muslims In Nigeria Protest Trump's Declaration Of Jerusalem As Capital / Jerusalem As Capital: IPOB Turkey 'Diplomat' Ally Withdraws Support For Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
Yesterday The Latest on the gathering of Islamic nations seeking a united stance against the Trump administration's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Muslim nations have "rejected and condemned" President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and have called on the world to recognize east Jerusalem as the capital of a Palestinian state.

The Istanbul Declaration on "Freedom for al-Quds" — the Arabic name of Jerusalem — follows Wednesday's extraordinary summit of the 57-member Organization of Islamic Cooperation. In which Nigeria is a strong Participant and also a delegate from Nigeria was sent to represent Nigeria as a muslim nation.

My question is Nigeria with a Population of 55% Christians when did we go from a secular state to a world recognized Muslim Nation?

Sources: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42335751

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
CC: Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
G
Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by lindabon: 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
ice28:
Yesterday The Latest on the gathering of Islamic nations seeking a united stance against the Trump administration's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Muslim nations have "rejected and condemned" President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and have called on the world to recognize east Jerusalem as the capital of a Palestinian state.

The Istanbul Declaration on "Freedom for al-Quds" — the Arabic name of Jerusalem — follows Wednesday's extraordinary summit of the 57-member Organization of Islamic Cooperation. In which Nigeria is a strong Participant and also a delegate from Nigeria was sent to represent Nigeria as a muslim nation.

My question is Nigeria with a Population of 55% Christians when did we go from a secular state to a world recognized Muslim Nation?

The bolded is the reason why they sent a Muslim representative. Do you suggest that they delegate a Christain to deal on Muslims affairs? Even if they do, you will still accuse them of ISLAMATISING Nigeria.

Poverty has still not spared any religion in Nigeria even with our religious sentiments. When shall we ever focus on the issue which is our failed leadership in every level!!

Okay now tell me, how will sending a Muslim or Christain delegate eradicate poverty in Nigeria? Please say?

Nigeria with a Population of 55% Christians when did we go from a secular state to a world recognized Muslim Nation?

The simple answer to your question is this;
It is irrelevant who they delegate!! Ask your leaders to give you good roads, good schools, jobs, constant power supply, security, welfare, and the list goes on. Demand accountability and responsibility from you president, governors, senators, local government chairman, etc. That is what Nigeria needs right now, not more religious sentiments.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
The position of the international community is that the final status of Jerusalem be determined by negotiation. Nigeria's foreign policy has always been in tandem with this

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
lindabon:

The bolded is the reason why they sent a Muslim representative. Do you suggest that they delegate a Christain to deal on Muslims affairs? Even if they do, you will still accuse them of ISLAMATISING Nigeria.

Poverty has still not spared any religion in Nigeria even with our religious sentiments. When shall we ever focus on the issue which is our failed leadership in every level!!

Okay now tell me, how will sending a Muslim or Christain delegate eradicate poverty in Nigeria? Please say?
I look at what you just wrote with empathy for you and your offspring so if you say it does not benefit NIGERIA why are we in such a divisive organisation where other members are primarily majority or atleast 70% muslim. Or do you see neighboring Ghana in such Organisation even thou they have a significantly large amount of muslims.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by chiefolododo(m): 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
If this is true, buhari is a dullard

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2017
Secondly what concerns us with taking side with Palestine or going against usa order to favour another country base on Religion recognition which was the sole aim of the meeting

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2017
GoroTango:
The position of the international community is that the final status of Jerusalem be determined by negotiation. Nigeria's foreign policy has always been in tandem with this
It a lie the truth is we have been silently dragged into a divisive society or National identitifaction as a muslim state with 70% Muslims that majority of christian religious groups and atheist group disapprove of

UN or AU is secular enough Nigeria does not need any religion divisive organization like OIC or any International Christian Organisation

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by lindabon: 6:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
ice28:

I look at what you just wrote with empathy for you and your offspring so if you say it does not benefit NIGERIA why are we in such a divisive organisation where other members are primarily majority or atleast 70% muslim. Or do you see neighboring Ghana in such Organisation even thou they have a significantly large amount of muslims.

It does not matter. NIGERIANS ARE STILL SUFFERING!
No region or religious group is spared it does not matter how much you hate Islam or get triggered by Islam, until you fight to make your system work, and demand more from your leaders, nothing will change. If you had a system that works, you would table this matter to the relevant department in your LGA. Get YOUR SYSTEM TO WORK FIRST AND FOREMOST, then and only then will you have someone to have this conversation with. As it is, you are busy diverting your problems to Muslims in general forgetting that the Muslims in Nigeria are going through the same problems just LIKE YOU! Lets try and have a heart and conscience!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
lindabon:

Nigeria with a Population of 55% Christians when did we go from a secular state to a world recognized Muslim Nation?

It is irrelevant who they delegate!! Ask your leaders to give you good roads, good schools, jobs, constant power supply, security, welfare, and the list goes on. Demand accountability and responsibility from you president, governors, senators, local government chairman, etc. That is what Nigeria needs right now, not more religious sentiments.
why did you change your wordings? from the latter

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
lindabon:

It does not matter. NIGERIANS ARE STILL SUFFERING!
No region or religious group is spared it does not matter how much you hate Islam or get triggered by Islam, until you fight to make your system work, and demand more from your leaders, nothing will change. If you had a system that works, you would table this matter to the relevant department in your LGA. Get YOUR SYSTEM TO WORK FIRST AND FOREMOST, then and only then will you have someone to have this conversation with. As it is, you are busy diverting your problems to Muslims in general forgetting that the Muslims in Nigeria are going through the same problems just LIKE YOU! Lets try and have a heart and conscience!!!
As this is a Political Forum i am actually diverting my criticism to the Government, CAN(Christian association Of Nigeria) and all interested muslim groups

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
All muslims are terrorists! Jerusalem belongs to the israelis.... if you dont like it go and shoot rocket... as for Nigeria you dear not go against Donald trump, else they wont buy your crude and hunger will kill you guys.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by lindabon: 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2017
ice28:

why did you change your wordings? from the latter
What changed?

ice28:

As this is a Political Forum i am actually diverting my criticism to the Government, CAN(Christian association Of Nigeria) and all interested muslim groups
Better, that's what all of us need to worry about. As far as I'm concerned, they should not even be delegating anyone to attend any foreign affairs until they fix the problems in their OUR own country first and foremost! Who care who they delegate? They are just going there to show face as No one takes Nigeria seriously anymore, so that trip they are making is a waste of our public funds.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
lindabon:

What changed?

Better, that's what all of us need to worry about. As far as I'm concerned, they should not even be delegating anyone to attend any foreign affairs until they fix the problems in their OUR own country first and foremost! Who care who they delegate? They are just going there to show face as No one takes Nigeria seriously anymore. So as far as I'm concerned, that trip they are making is a waste of our public funds.
Whatever God you serve bless you. That is my main Point this is a total waste of tax payer money because UN and AU or ECOWAS is enough for Nigeria so we need to withdraw ASAP from such Organization. Do you Know we pay Billions of naira to this So called OIC That does not benefit 60% Of Nigerians in anyway or Form

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by senier007(m): 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
ice28:

You an ignoramus and illiterate when it comes to logic and critical thinking, tell me how do you know Christians constitute 55%? How is that possible, are you telling me the people of the SS and SE are more than the whole North? Put religion aside, is Jew and Christians the same? Remember Jesus AS was punished by the same Jew you are trying to protect, so much for education in Nigeria, two state solution is the only way out and the two of them will share Jerusalem ( Isreal in the west and Palestinian in the east). Go and study history and come back to come don't use this your useless Brain to talk no, study the Belfast declaration, study the 1948 war and 1967 war when Isreal occupy east Jerusalem, even the British that once occupy Nigeria has left us to rule ourselves, why is it different when it comes to Palestine?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
senier007:

You an ignoramus and illiterate when it comes to logic and critical thinking, tell me how do you know Christians constitute 55%? How is that possible, are you telling me the people of the SS and SE are more than the whole North? Put religion aside, is Jew and Christians the same? Remember Jesus AS was punished by the same Jew you are trying to protect, so much for education in Nigeria, two state solution is the only way out and the two of them will share Jerusalem ( Isreal in the west and Palestinian in the east). Go and study history and come back to come don't use this your useless Brain to talk no, study the Belfast declaration, study the 1948 war and 1967 war when Isreal occupy east Jerusalem, even the British that once occupy Nigeria has left us to rule ourselves, why is it different when it comes to Palestine?
Lol you called me an illiterate first so i have all right to insult you and you know dam well if i want to do that i have a lot of weak points in the muslim fate not to mention terrorism, illiteracy &a lot more to finish you but i wont do that now back to your meaningless comparison why is Nigeria sponsoring OIC with Non Muslim Tax Money Isn't UN, AU and ECOWAS enough and have you also Forgotten SW Christian are way more than SW Muslim and by the way there are huge amount of Christians in the North central and core north including Kaduna. Please speak with Fact and not useless imagination.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by ice28: 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
senier007:

And mean while as a meaningful muslim you ought to be against any development that divide Nigeria because islam ought to be a religion of peace but what do we see in today muslim world we see hate and hate only you can ask Quran (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by Stalwert: 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
ice28:

It a lie the truth is we have been silently dragged into a divisive society or National identitifaction as a muslim state with 70% Muslims that majority of christian religious groups and atheist group disapprove of

UN or AU is secular enough Nigeria does not need any religion divisive organization like OIC or any International Christian Organisation

please tell us what AU position is on Jerusalem?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by Saaruman(m): 7:49pm On Dec 13, 2017
When we tell One Nigeria praise singers that the zoo ( Nigeria) is an Islamic nation they call us potopoto. Enjoy your Islamic Nigeria under buhari d Vegetable. Very soon your children and grand children will come under the sword of jihad to surrender to Islam or die as it happened in middle east.

Proud Biafran. cool

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by lindabon: 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2017
gocac:
All muslims are terrorists! Jerusalem belongs to the israelis.... if you dont like it go and shoot rocket... as for Nigeria you dear not go against Donald trump, else they wont buy your crude and hunger will kill you guys.

Muslims are not terrorists. Muslims Extremist are terrorists
Christians are not terrorists. Conservative Christians are terrorists
Jews are not terrorists. Zionist Jews are terrorists

Tell me one Abrahamic religion that has not committed crimes against Humanity? They all have blood on their hands so stop condemning and entire religious group without knowing the history of some religions and the blood trail the have left behind them.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by Saaruman(m): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Saaruman:
When we tell One Nigeria praise singers that the zoo ( Nigeria) is an Islamic nation they call us potopoto. Enjoy your Islamic Nigeria under buhari d Vegetable. Very soon your children and grand children will come under the sword of jihad to surrender to Islam or die as it happened in middle east.

Proud Biafran. cool
Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by NEXTsD: 8:12pm On Dec 13, 2017
Muslims cannot be more than Christians in Nigeria even with all your attempt to kill Christians in the north

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by iSlayer: 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
[s]
lindabon:

[/s]

Who's this one vomiting bull$hit?! Are you sure you're okay?

What is Nigeria's business with where the capital is? Is Nigeria an Iraq or Saudi or Bahrain or Qatar? Better stop vomiting bullshit here whether you're a Muslim or not.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by Stalwert: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
The ignoramus op cannot state what AU's position is here it is:

The African Union Commission questioned the United State’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel.

US President Donald Trump administration announced on Wednesday that it recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital city and the relocation of the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. “The Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Moussa Faki Mahamat, notes with deep concern the decision of the United States Government to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel,” AU indicated in a statement released on Thursday, Xinhua reported.

According to the statement, the decision “will only increase tensions in the region and beyond and further complicate the search for a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.” “The Chairperson of the Commission reiterates the solidarity of the African Union with the Palestinian people and its support to their legitimate quest for an independent and sovereign state with East Jerusalem as its capital,” the statement added.

The chairperson further called for renewed international efforts to find a just and lasting solution to the conflict, “based on the existence of two States, Israel and Palestine, living side-by-side in peace and security, within the framework of relevant African Union and United Nations pronouncements.”

US President Donald Trump’s declaration on Wednesday to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital drew strong condemnation from the Arab states and the Islamic world, despite Israel hailing the move as “courageous and just decision.”

http://m.eurasiadiary.com/en/news/conflicts/221730-african-union-questions-us-decision-on-jerusalem-as-israeli-capital

African Union actually stands with Palestine on this but fanaticism will not let op intelligently engage in the topic.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by DoTheNeedful: 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2017
[s]
lindabon:

[/s]

Thrash! Nigeria is supposed to be a secular nation. Being a sensitive country as Nigeria is, the country should not have any official opinion in what is going on in the Middle East. We have a lot of restructuring and candid talks to ourselves if Nigeria should continue to be.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by Duru1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
ice28:

It is not a surprise that Nigeria is very deep in the Jerusalem saga because Nigeria is known as home of the idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by macAB: 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2017
senier007:

Will this North include Benue,plateau,kogi taraba Kaduna and even nassarawa.U are the illiterate here I can rightly guess u are one of those SW slaves

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by FRESHG(m): 8:34pm On Dec 13, 2017
ALCATRAZ005 DA
grin
Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by bedspread: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
JUDGEMENT MINGLED WITH THUNDER COLLASPES ON THE PERSON THAT WAS SENT AND THE PERSON THAT SENT HIM!!
NIGERIA IS NOT A MUSLIM STATE.... AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OIC
Re: Nigeria Among The Muslim Nations That Recognize Jerusalem As Palestine Capital by chiefolododo(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Bootlick Northerners In Expense Of Your People: Wike Fires Back At Amaechi / 2023:seethe Only Hausa Politician That Can Block Tinubu's Presidential Ambition / Nigerians Will Need I.D Before Entering Into Rivers State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.