Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes (15569 Views)

Ugwuanyi Offers Automatic Employment To Christian Chukwu’s Son / Nurse’s Murder: Ugwuanyi Offers N5m To Anybody With Information On Killers / Governor Ugwuanyi Offers Scholarship To Cynthia Chinecherem Ali With 9 A1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by nghubs1(m): 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
In the spirit of Christmas, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has offered free transportation for indigenes of the state residing in other parts of Nigeria, who intend to return home to celebrate the festive season with their loved ones.

Announcing the welfare package, the Managing Director, Enugu State Transport Company (ENTRACO), Mr. Bob Itanyi, stated that the gesture was borne out of Gov. Ugwuany’s magnanimity and enduring resolve to ameliorate the sufferings of the people of the state as well as give them a sense of belonging as the true heroes of democracy.

Mr. Itanyi explained that the free transportation exercise, which commences on Tuesday, December 19 and ends on Saturday, December 23, will be carried out in states of the federation that are far from the state, such as, Abuja, Lagos, Jos, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kano, Minna, Gombe, Ilorin, Sokoto, Jalingo, Bauchi, Nasarawa, Port Harcourt, among others.

The Managing Director stated that the beneficiaries must be those who are duly registered with the Enugu State Town Union in their respective states of residence, adding the company is coordinating the exercise with the leadership of the unions in the affected states, for accountability and effective result.

He disclosed that the returnees on arrival will be formally received by the State Commissioner for Transport, Hon. Vitus Okechi, the MD of ENTRACO, and others, at the former main depot of the company, opposite the state headquarters of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Enugu.

“His Excellency, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, as a God fearing and humanitarian leader has graciously given us approval to convey Enugu indigenes resident in almost all other states back to the state free of charge this festive season.

“This time around, it will not be business as usual. We are going to bring back Enugu State indigenes in body and not ghost indigenes. Nothing will be hidden during the exercise. The leaders of the Enugu State Town Union in the respective states have been mobilized to ensure that our people benefit from this welfare scheme, which the state government has extended to the people of the state.

“We, therefore, sincerely thank the governor for this gesture, which has once again demonstrates his love, kindness and passion for the wellbeing of the people of Enugu State”, the MD said.

http://nghubs.info/​christmas-gov-ugwuanyi-offers-free-transport-for-enugu-indigenes/

7 Likes

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by IPOBrep: 9:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
Rubbish

My tax should be judiciously used on productive things.

The dimwit below thinks he his intelligent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by darkenkach(m): 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2017
IPOBrep:
Rubbish

Shut up. Abuja to Enugu is now 4k and I intend to go home with my 3kid brothers.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by TheHistorian(m): 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
Do we have Muslims who are Enugu indigenes?

Infact,not all Christians celebrate Christmas.

So,why does my "tax" have to be channeled towards unproductive 'gesture' such as this?

5 Likes

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by abokibuhari: 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
darkenkach:

Shut up. Abuja to Enugu is now 4k and I intend to go home with my 3kid brothers.
It's still rubbish

7 Likes

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by dedugba(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
The 'misadventuring' spirit of fayose has been contracted by this governor however this gesture seems appreciated. grin
Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by biacan(f): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
darkenkach:

I hope they are not this tall
Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
Better than nothing

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Wizberg12(m): 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
Good, if na Rochas he would rather appoint Commissioner for Christmas travelling

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by NobleRomm(m): 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
this is a very good move by the governor.
transport fee from Lagos to Enugu no be beans oo

Last Month i entered peace mass transit from Lagos to Enugu @ the rate of 5k...
i dont know how much peace mass transit will be charging for this Christmas season.....

but 19 to 23 too small na...
so we wey go travel by January no go benefit abi....

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Richy4(m): 10:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
What if you wanna go by air? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Amirullaha(m): 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
At the start of 2017, I set a goal of saving N500k.

I haven't done badly, it's just N500k left for it to be complete...

34 Likes

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Guilderland1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
You mean I will be traveling from Minna to Enugu free of charge?
I love my state ooo here we go

I will be checking in Sabon Gari Minna.

6 Likes

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Valarmoghulis(m): 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
TheHistorian:

So,why does my "tax" have to be channeled towards unproductive 'gesture' such as this?
so what are you suggesting?

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by brainiac228(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
Richy4:
What if you wanna go by air? cheesy
LOL nice question
Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Bridget95(f): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
TheHistorian:

post a copy of your last tax slip and proof that you are a Muslim or stfu!

9 Likes

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Swaggzkid: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
Wow! beta than the wheelbarrow impowerment.
Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by BornAgainMay: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
To go home don dey hungry me but

That guy wey sing *I want to go home* still dey home up till now, I never hear from em.

Village ppl no be akpu 10.

So make ugwuanyi park well, if he likes make he give free plane.

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by berrystunn(m): 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
Good one ..i know one governor that will use the money for art work .....
And noting will happen.

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2017
Nice move.. Rocha's be like : I will appoint a new minister for Christmas packages and bonus.. Lol
Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by sonsomegrigbo: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2017
A GOOD DEVELOPMENT FROM A GOOD DEVELOPER

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2017
[...
Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by oshe111(m): 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE CURSED- Shehu Mohammed Writes From PDP ,
-> If you buy data with your money as a jobless youth to praise Buhari govt.
-> If you vote for a change and still join apc to blame pdp for corruption when 26b is still missing in NNPC
-> If you queue for fuel in petrol stations and still put apc flag on ur dashboard
-> If you posting that Atiku is desperate for power and still supporting Buhari for second term
-> If your parent can’t pay your school fees and Clapping for Buhari who kids are in London schools
-> If you have malaria and and fight Pple criticizing Buhari medical bill
–> If you are in diaspora and everyday you go online to hail apc govt for putting you in life exile
–> If Buhari can pretend to be sick for 2 years but get well now to seek your vote
-> If by now you still don’t know that apc is ruling with propaganda
-> If you don’t have voter’s card and complain of bad govt
–> If Buhari has not found his certificate after 2017 and you still believe he can still recontest elections
–> If after 2years in office and Buhari is still blaming past govt for poor economy and you still wearing apc shirt
–> If Buhari keeps paying Paris refunds and your Governor can’t still pay salaries
–> If you hail Buhari body language for steady power supply and you can not now smell his economic body odor
–> If you clap for Buhari for fighting corruption and see Buhari and Tinubu sitting together inside presidential jet
–> If you Abuse Atiku for joining pdp and clap for Obanikoro and Tinubu for attending apc program
-> If you blame Gej for Diezani loots but now continue to defend Buhari for appointing Kyari at NNPC board
–> If you using generator to watch Fashola and Buhari commissioning power plant in Kano
–> If you join apc to condemn pdp convention when apc can not call just ordinary NEC meeting in four years
-> If by now Lai Mohammed is yet to find his voice to criticize pdp convention and you still think the congress is not successful for pdp to win in 2019
-> If lastly you read this joke and don't share for people to vote against Buhari draconian rule and still continue thinking like cow in Buhari Daura Twitter visit then you must be one of his herdsmen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by brainiac228(m): 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2017
Amirullaha:

grin
Amirullaha:

WELLDONE clapping for you...
Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
"magnanimity"? Someone please tell us the economic benefits of spending taxpayers money on this nonsense
Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by brainiac228(m): 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
BornAgainMay:
To go home don dey hungry me but

That guy wey sing *I want to go home* still dey home up till now, I never hear from em.

Village ppl no be akpu 10.

So make ugwuanyi park well, if he likes make he give free plane.
Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by MrMoney007: 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
some politicians have a good heart, but very bad economists
Re: Christmas: Ugwuanyi Offers Free Transport For Enugu Indigenes by berrystunn(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
IPOBrep:
Rubbish

That weed is rubbish... Stop smoking

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun Pictured With Ogun State 9th Assembly / Femi Adesina: Buhari’s Visit To Tinubu Is On Goodwill, Not About 2023 Election / Michael Achimugu: Atiku's Former Aide Now Senior Media Assistant To Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.