Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List (7529 Views)

Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Disputed Abuja Land: Patience, Turai To Give Final Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by newmaster(m): 3:24am On Apr 01, 2010
Jonathan adds Turai's name to ministerial list (By Tolu Ogunlesi)

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan took Nigerians by surprise Wednesday with his last-minute nomination of President Yar'Adua's wife, Turai, for a ministerial position.

Mrs. Yar'Adua's subsequent confirmation by the Senate instantly took her into the history books, not only as the first ever Nigerian First Lady to simultaneously hold a cabinet-rank position, but also as the only Nigerian ever to be screened for a ministerial position in absentia.

The inclusion of the First Lady's name in the list of nominees took the Senators by surprise, becoming known only after the final batch of nominees had been screened. Moments after Mr. Segun Aganga, the last of the candidates scheduled for Wednesday, took his bow before the Chambers, the Special Adviser to the President on National Assembly Matters, Mohammed Abba-Aji, was sighted making his way to the front of the chambers, where he spent minutes conferring with the Senate President.

While the conversation was going on, Mr. Abba-Aji handed over some documents to the Senate President, who broke into a smile when he browsed through them. When the Senate President finally addressed the Chambers, it was to make the surprise announcement - that Acting President Jonathan had, in a bid to increase the quota of women represented in the incoming cabinet, submitted the name of the First Lady for screening.

The Senate Chambers erupted in uproar, which took the Senate President several minutes to calm.

The Senate President then asked Senators to make an exception for the First Lady and screen her in absentia, taking into consideration the fact that her convalescing husband required her presence at his bedside.

There were a few voices of protest, but most of Senators agreed on a symbolic screening. The Senate President proceeded to announce Mrs. Yar'Adua, and then asked her to "bow and go in absentia." This was followed by loud cheering spearheaded by the female Senators present.

With Mrs. Yar'Adua's confirmation, the number of women in the incoming cabinet has risen to six, and the total number of screened nominees to thirty-nine.

The Yar'Adua family is also making history as the only family in recent times to have two nominees in a federal cabinet; as Mrs. Yar'Adua joins Murtala, her husband's nephew, who was screened on Tuesday.

It is being speculated that Mrs. Yar'Adua will be assigned the proposed ‘Power Ministry', which insider sources in the Presidency say should not be confused with the Ministry of Power.

Oh, it's April Fools Day!

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5548575-146/jonathan_adds_turais_name_to_ministerial.csp

Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by tayoast(m): 3:33am On Apr 01, 2010
[size=28pt]**YAWNS**[/size]
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by RichDad1(m): 3:43am On Apr 01, 2010
so how will she cope?first lady + ministerial post.any OBJ was once a president and @ the same time minister.naija i hail thee
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by newmaster(m): 3:47am On Apr 01, 2010
ohhhhhhhhh, it's april fooooooooooolllllllllllllllllll grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 01, 2010
Yeah!, you really got me there. I was correctly fooled.
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by Arysexy(m): 6:27am On Apr 01, 2010
@poster, this is d biggest joke of the year!
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by princekevo(m): 6:33am On Apr 01, 2010
lol!!
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by slap1(m): 6:52am On Apr 01, 2010
There is nothing big to it, if Turai is qualified, why not? On a second thought I'd say this looks like "Good bye Yar'Adua".
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by texazzpete(m): 7:23am On Apr 01, 2010
Rich Dad:

so how will she cope?first lady + ministerial post.any OBJ was once a president and @ the same time minister.naija i hail thee

slap1:

There is nothing big to it, if Turai is qualified, why not? On a second thought I'd say this looks like "Good bye Yar'Adua".

So now we know the clowns who don't bother to read articles before commenting.
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by meexteriox(m): 7:51am On Apr 01, 2010
@Poster
See ya head,
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by slap1(m): 8:23am On Apr 01, 2010
texazzpete:

So now we know the clowns who don't bother to read articles before commenting.

You appear confused. How is my post not related to the OP?
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by worm(f): 8:41am On Apr 01, 2010
I have never taken a closer look of this Jonathan. So this is how he looks? Ewww, Another Ugly looking President Nigeria has produced again! Obj copy.
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by kawazaki(m): 8:42am On Apr 01, 2010
slap1:

Maybe you need to read to the END !
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by spikedcylinder: 8:48am On Apr 01, 2010
Lol. Good one! grin
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by texazzpete(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2010
worm:

I have never taken a closer look of this Jonathan. So this is how he looks? Ewww, Another Ugly looking President Nigeria has produced again! Obj copy.

Yeah, because good looks is what we look for in a leader.
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 01, 2010
slap1:

mehn.you goofed.this one na april fool
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by chosen04(f): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

mehn.you goofed.this one na april fool

That guy is a gooferian!!! (No insult tendered)
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by Fhemmmy: 1:27pm On Apr 01, 2010
This one really got me . . . .
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by otukpo(f): 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2010
April fool.
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by Fhemmmy: 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
otukpo:

April fool.

Really got my heart raising faster
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by pheesayor(m): 1:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
This is the best April fool I've seen so far
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by Fhemmmy: 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2010
Lol
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by snowdrops(m): 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2010
And why are all these pranks making the front page.

The moderators must be having a jolly good day.
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by ZUBBYNWA(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2010
it is indeed April Fool, I nearly Swallowed the whole Story before i get at the End of the Story, Naija Everything can happen at any time
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by gistar(m): 1:53pm On Apr 01, 2010
smiley cool embarassed kiss undecided cry i must confess that i was fooled. iinityially thought i have gotten a news to tell to people, but when i read further, i saw how great i have been fooled.lolllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by sun4sure: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2010
, This of am truth is the best way forward or Nigeria democracy, But be that as it may,emphasis should placed more on efficiency, BRAVO MR PRESIDO
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2010
tongue Very sweet april fool story. I wasnt fooled oh!
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by gistar(m): 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
tongue tongue tongue lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked tongue
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by powerpuff: 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2010
fear don dey catch me o, as i dey read am , any way lets think about this, do you think it would be a good or bad devlopment to have her in the cabinet?,
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by gistar(m): 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2010
smiley cool embarassed kiss undecided cry i must confess that i was fooled. iinitially thought i have gotten a news to tell to people, but when i read further, i saw how great i have been fooled.lolllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by k9ine(m): 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2010
@newmaster
DIS JOKE REALY GOT MY ANGRY, UNTIL I SAW I HAD BEEN DECEIVED.
Re: Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2010
powerpuff:

fear don dey catch me o, as i dey read am , any way lets think about this, do you think it would be a good or bad devlopment to have her in the cabinet?,
Of course it would be a bad development. For what reason should she be in the cabinet? Her expertise or just because she's the first lady?
@post
Good one. You almost got me there.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! / FG Plans 20-man Panel To Review Electoral Laws / Why Nigerians Are Being Killed In South Africa – Foreign Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.