Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner (83847 Views)

Setting Up The In-screen Finger Print On The Camon 12 Pro / Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by ultron12345: 7:51am On Dec 15, 2017
ipob will not like this
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 15, 2017
Franky826:
What happens when the screen cracks and there's a mismatch in detecting your fingerprint? And coincidentally it's the only way to unlock your phone?

There is always a back up pin code for every biometric lock mode
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by frankobobby(m): 8:07am On Dec 15, 2017
I am enjoying my tecno spark the way it is
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Angelawhite(m): 8:07am On Dec 15, 2017
HMMMM.... the sreen go cost well well if e crack
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by sainttobs(m): 8:09am On Dec 15, 2017
i believe the on-screen fingerprint is going to be present in samsung galaxy s9 bt i cnt say for apple. read about it here http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/11/samsung-patents-on-screen-fingerprint-for-galaxy-s9.html
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2017
It cant be the only option, you will surely be asked for a backup pin or password
Franky826:
What happens when the screen cracks and there's a mismatch in detecting your fingerprint? And coincidentally it's the only way to unlock your phone?

Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2017
Yea, it surely won't be for low-cost devices, it might start with flagships from LG, Samsung, Vivo, HTC, Huawei and the rest
Angelawhite:
HMMMM.... the screen go cost well well if e crack
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by wtfcoded: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2017
drlaykay:
I don't even like the idea of finger print. Someone will just place you finger on the sensor while you are asleep. Lobatan! Phone opens. Everything hidden becomes revealed.
next time, put on the gloves.
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by wtfcoded: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2017
ultron12345:
ipob will not like this
ur mumu is now above par. Keep decieving yourself! Anumanu mmuo.
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2017
icedfire:

please where did u get this quote from.. a book? share the ful article please

The quote is on NairaLand my discussion with rozay12345 www.nairaland.com/4176368/more-problems-iphone-x-some#62478860 . I have already mentioned the names of the books and their authors used to support my views. Go through it once more.

Likewise this thread may interest you too as long as you understand that the message that i am passing is that the world today has become too DEEP in materialism, a hard core consumerist culture. www.nairaland.com/4233044/wallahi-everybody-must-read-except
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by zoedew: 8:39am On Dec 15, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

I still prefer my iphone. but nice improvement.

Unlocking your phone via fingerprint is already available on the iPhone
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by yanshDoctor: 8:41am On Dec 15, 2017
i am waiting for the front facing camera , speaker and sensor to be embedded inside the display screen. a full complete bezeless display screen before i would upgrade my present phone.
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by hustla(m): 8:52am On Dec 15, 2017
The OP doesn't know much

Vivo already came With a phone that has in display fingerprint.. Not Samsung

Should be out 100% in January or at the MWC
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by emeraldlife: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2017
hustla:
The OP doesn't know much

Yes Vivo did pull the trick by showing the world that they were the first to implement the in-screen fingerprint scanner. BUT it was poorly implemented and slow to respond. If u check the Youtube video on Vivo's claim, the presenter was struggling to register his fingerprints for more than 30secs. Vivo didn't even mass produced it for d demanding market

Anyway,Samsung and Apple invested heavily on this tech to make sure they were the first to use it in their 2017 flagship but it failed.

Fingers crossed sha cos from the s9 renders that I have checked, Samsung might not be ready for this embedded in-screen scanner
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by addikt(m): 9:56am On Dec 15, 2017
Franky826:

They would have think about this too, the must have been a backup plan somehow ....
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 15, 2017
emeraldlife:

Yes Vivo did pull the trick by showing the world that they were the first to implement the in-screen fingerprint scanner. BUT it was poorly implemented and slow to respond. If u check the Youtube video on Vivo's claim, the presenter was struggling to register his fingerprints for more than 30secs. Vivo didn't even mass produced it for d demanding market

Anyway,Samsung and Apple invested heavily on this tech to make sure they were the first to use it in their 2017 flagship but it failed.

Fingers crossed sha cos from the s9 renders that I have checked, Samsung might not be ready for this embedded in-screen scanner

Well said. Note 9 will have the feature but that doesn't mean it will be first to have it
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by hustla(m): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2017
emeraldlife:

I didn't watch in depth videos but it shows they actually had the balls to try and come up with it first.. Partly because they have nothing to lose and aren't that much of a popular brand like the others..

The S9 won't have it, early renders are showing A redesigned back, the fps has been adjusted and will now be under the Camera ( it's very nice)

The tech will possibly be on the New Note later in 2018..and it's a huge step for Samsung if they can come up with it first

I don't believe Apple will do it.. They'll rather milk their new iPhone X design for years to come without changing anything... It's just normal as they barely come up with new stuff

I for one think since the underdisplay makes use of Piezoelectric waves, Samsung should look into it ASAP as the Xiaomi MI Mix made use of the same tech to entirely limit the bezels of the phone (removing actual speakers)
It will make the Note Entirely bezeless, sleek and insanely pretty without ugly notches

1 Like

Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Promiseisaac(m): 10:57am On Dec 15, 2017
This Why I Like White People.. but In Everything The Do MTK phones no dey carry last. come 2018 come 2019
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by salesforce: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2017
Good
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by sniperwolf(m): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2017
Franky826:

The screen is likely shatterproof
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by encrypt(m): 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
Franky826:

What happens when you forget your pin or pattern lock?? angry
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by guji12(m): 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
Franky826:

It can be d only way. there's always an alternative..
And secondly.. Samsung latest devices are always gorilla screened
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Franky826: 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
guji12:

It can be d only way. there's always an alternative..
And secondly.. Samsung latest devices are always gorilla screened

Gorilla Corning glasses are not impervious to physical damage bros.

Even armored car glasses have some dents when bullets hit them at very high velocity.

Because one has a Samsung device with shatter proof and whatever glass you don't expect them to let it fly from a 13 storey building and expect angels to catch them do you? grin
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Reediano(m): 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nedsnow:
This is good thou. But I think they can Still work on just making it a particular part of the screen/glass. If it can be the whole screen, that will be wicked.

Traditional pass code is actually compulsory, so you can't be in that kind of scenario....
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by guji12(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
Franky826:

Gorilla Corning glasses are not impervious to physical damage bros.

Even armored car glasses have some dents when bullets hit them at very high velocity.

Because one has a Samsung device with shatter proof and whatever glass you don't expect them to let it fly from a 13 storey building and expect angels to catch them do you? grin
Bross I get ur idea.. bt nor b war zone u won go wit d fone na... Which 1 b bullet.haba

1 Like

Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by Reediano(m): 5:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
sniperwolf:

The screen is likely shatterproof

Is there really any screen like that.!??.

Even gorillas glass 5 still shatter after some level of impact...
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by MabraO: 6:04am On Dec 16, 2017
Franky826:

By now u should know there would always be a passcode incase ur finger can’t be read
Re: Next Year Smartphones Might Spot In-screen Fingerprint Scanner by itiswellandwell: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2017
hustla:
The OP doesn't know much

Good morning sir, please I want to ask some questions from you. It's pertaining to some India stuffs. Let me send you a PM sir.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Backup Your Android Apps As Apk Using Es File Explorer / How Do I Send Credit Frm Glo To Glo? / Request Your Activation Code For Mobisystems Dictionaries Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.