Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Acura Electrical Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura Electrical Problems (1213 Views)

Top 10 Common Car Electrical Problems And How To Troubleshoot Them / 6 Top Electrical Problems In Your Car / Am Auto Electrician Ask Me Any Question Concerning The Electrical Problems In Ur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Acura Electrical Problems by Urbino: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2017
I have a 2007 Acura TL. Car has had on/off issues with the throttle sensor. Manifests by the car idle but won't rev up or move. Used to be that when you switch off and restart the car, it begins to work again.

Lately, the problem has become really bad. Once it happens even if you restart the car 20 times it won't work now. Also the car goes off in the middle of the road when you slow down. Also goes off when you make hard turns. Very dangerous as it has happened on expressways and busy roads.

The electrician I engaged says the entire wiring system is bad and needs to be replaced along with the brain box. Cost is estimated at 120k.

Want to find out if that is the likely problem. And if it is, is this a fair price?

I had the car scanned and it threw up the following errors: P0506, P2122, P2176.
Re: Acura Electrical Problems by mayor2013: 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
Urbino:
I have a 2007 Acura TL. Car has had on/off issues with the throttle sensor. Manifests by the car idle but won't rev up or move. Used to be that when you switch off and restart the car, it begins to work again.

Lately, the problem has become really bad. Once it happens even if you restart the car 20 times it won't work now. Also the car goes off in the middle of the road when you slow down. Also goes off when you make hard turns. Very dangerous as it has happened on expressways and busy roads.

The electrician I engaged says the entire wiring system is bad and needs to be replaced along with the brain box. Cost is estimated at 120k.

Want to find out if that is the likely problem. And if it is, is this a fair price?

I had the car scanned and it threw up the following errors: P0506, P2122, P2176.

P0506- idle air control system Rpm lower than expected.
Faulty air control solenoid, circuit problem

P2122- Acura Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 'A' Throttle Position Sensor 'D ...

Accelerator pedal could be bad which is not most likely

Throttle actuator, circuit problem

P2176-Throttle Actuator Control System Idle Position Not Learned.

Where is the location of your car and what test has been done to proof beyond reasonable doubt that the wiring and ecu is bad.

1 Like

Re: Acura Electrical Problems by Urbino: 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2017
mayor2013:

P0506- idle air control system Rpm lower than expected.
Faulty air control solenoid, circuit problem

P2122- Acura Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 'A' Throttle Position Sensor 'D ...

Accelerator pedal could be bad which is not most likely

Throttle actuator, circuit problem

P2176-Throttle Actuator Control System Idle Position Not Learned.

Where is the location of your car and what test has been done to proof beyond reasonable doubt that the wiring and ecu is bad.
Car is in abuja. I've changed the throttle sensor twice before. The mechanic's word is the only proof I've got.

(1) (Reply)

American Automotive Technician Training Live In Lagos / Is Capturing Compulsory For Drivers Licence Renewal? / Man Praised Toyota Engineers After Surviving This Horrific Crash With A Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.