Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,906 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:38 AM

PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education (35721 Views)

Ndidi & Mezuo Nwuneli First Couple To Deliver Keynote At Harvard Business School / Nemitari Ajienka Becomes The Youngest Lecturer At Edge Hill University, UK (Pic) / Salihu Dasuki Is Youngest Senior Lecturer At Sheffield Hallam University UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by Axiwaju(m): 7:29am On Jan 12, 2018
musicwriter:

Not just because of problem of education in Nigeria, but because of the system of education handed down to Africa by white people, which doesn't allow us think outside the box.

We're trained to vilify anything we create, to consider our creation as inferior, to exalt white people. That's what the colonial masters told us to do. We were trained to believe the only thing we should consider valuable is what white people consider valuable.

The only reason we're even talking about this woman now is because white people thinks she's valuable. If white people didn't say so, we will all call her a useless illiterate.

Unfortunately, we're going to continue that way until we discard the colonial education handed down to us and create our own version of what education should be.
Why Didnt We Create Our Education B4 The Arrival Of Europeans?
Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by musicwriter(m): 8:30am On Jan 12, 2018
Axiwaju:

Why Didnt We Create Our Education B4 The Arrival Of Europeans?

Of course, we had our system of learning, but all our institutions were subverted and European system superimposed on it. We had our own nations, languages, religion, cities, government, etc. Everything was subverted and a new identify imposed on us.

The first university in the world was in Fez, Morocco, here in Africa,not in Europe. See Guinness world records, oldest university in the world http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/oldest-university

There were another university in Timbuktu, Mali (Sankore university) and another in Cairo, Egypt (Al-Azar univerity). These two universities still predate most European universities.

And they weren't even the oldest in Africa, but it's the one officially recognized. Over 3,000 years before Jesus was born, there was already a university in Sudan, where Europeans like Pythagoras, Plato, etc learned Mathematics and Geometry. Europeans, Asians, Arabs, everybody studied in Africa long time before our fall.
Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by Axiwaju(m): 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2018
[quote author=musicwriter post=64121025]

Of course, we had our system of learning, but all our institutions were subverted and European system superimposed on it. We had our own nations, languages, religion, cities, government, etc. Everything was subverted and a new identify imposed on us.

The first university in the world was in Fez, Morocco, here in Africa,not in Europe. See Guinness world records, oldest university in the world http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/oldest-university

There were another university in Timbuktu, Mali (Sankore university) and another in Cairo, Egypt (Al-Azar univerity). These two universities still predate most European universities.

And they weren't even the oldest in Africa, but it's the one officially recognized. Over 3,000 years before Jesus was born, there was already a university in Sudan, where Europeans like Pythagoras, Plato, etc learned Mathematics and Geometry. Euroitans, Asians, Arabs, everybody studied in Africa long time before our fall.[/quoteit's I'd love to give u a proper reply,but ur Long post shows you're a type that believes in fairy tales ,we had good education then?and yet we we have no indigenous written records of our own race! we had good education it was very easy for Europeans to slave trade us!! Europeans brought bicycles our forefather were calling the Gods!! Europeans brought mirror and salt we was perplexed!! Arguments that slavery rendered us backward is useless!! japan was almost bombed out of existence yet its leading the world today in sci tech. before Europeans came wy didn't we invent cars, electricity, medicine, and other sophisticated machines? We're backward just take it that way
Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by Axiwaju(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2018
musicwriter:

And they weren't even the oldest in Africa, but it's the one officially recognized. Over 3,000 years before Jesus was born, there was already a university in Sudan, where Europeans like Pythagoras, Plato, etc learned Mathematics and Geometry. Euroitans, Asians, Arabs, everybody studied in Africa long time before our fall.
it's I'd love to give u a proper reply,but ur Long post shows you're a type that believes in fairy tales ,we had good education then?and yet we we have no indigenous written records of our own race! we had good education it was very easy for Europeans to slave trade us!! Europeans brought bicycles our forefather were calling the Gods!! Europeans brought mirror and salt we was perplexed!! Arguments that slavery rendered us backward is useless!! japan was almost bombed out of existence yet its leading the world today in sci tech. before Europeans came wy didn't we invent cars, electricity, medicine, and other sophisticated machines? We're backward just take it that way
Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by musicwriter(m): 5:44pm On Jan 12, 2018
Axiwaju:
it's I'd love to give u a proper reply,but ur Long post shows you're a type that believes in fairy tales ,we had good education then?and yet we we have no indigenous written records of our own race! we had good education it was very easy for Europeans to slave trade us!! Europeans brought bicycles our forefather were calling the Gods!! Europeans brought mirror and salt we was perplexed!! Arguments that slavery rendered us backward is useless!! japan was almost bombed out of existence yet its leading the world today in sci tech. before Europeans came wy didn't we invent cars, electricity, medicine, and other sophisticated machines? We're backward just take it that way

That's why I made it clear in my original post the system of education must be changed. The type of education that makes you permanently consider yourself inferior even with facts showing we had school before Europeans, that type of education is indoctrination. You've condemned yourself to eternal inferiority and there're millions like you out there, even in government. That's why we will never move forward. I' am not saying more than that, cause where you are now requires writing a book to bring you to light.

Europeans didn't just conquer Africa alone, but also Asia, the Americas. See why Europeans were able to conquer Africa and the rest of the world http://www.africason.com/2017/09/why-europeans-were-able-to-conquer.html

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by Axiwaju(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2018
musicwriter:

That's why I made it clear in my original post the system of education must be changed. The type of education that makes you permanently consider yourself inferior even with facts showing .

Europeans didn't just conquer Africa alone, but also Asia, the Americas.
What R D Prufs? That Africans Had Schools? grin Peeps Whu Couldnt Read Nor Write! Peeps Who Worshiped Smalpox And Cald It God? D Europeans Eradicatd Smalpox! Our Forfather's God grin . I Gt Ur Point Dnt B Dcvd By Fakt Dat M Telin Dz. What Did Blaks Invent Bfr Europeans Arrivd. We Couldnt V Bn In The Europeans Level And Stil Get Colonizd Or Slaved. Blv It Or Nt We're Bkward. Permanently Inferior? Ok But Telin My Self D Trut Sets Me Free. Can U Point To An Afrikan Invntion Outside Egypt?? U All Use Egypt And Moroko As Ur Case Study,but Dey Aint Blak! Asia Was Conquard? grin Japan, China, Korea, India, Israe Qatar Etc R In Asia Gimd An African Country Dat Can Stand Them! Dnt Tel Me South Afrika grin
Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by musicwriter(m): 9:05pm On Jan 12, 2018
Axiwaju:

What R D Prufs? That Africans Had Schools? grin Peeps Whu Couldnt Read Nor Write! Peeps Who Worshiped Smalpox And Cald It God? D Europeans Eradicatd Smalpox! Our Forfather's God grin . I Gt Ur Point Dnt B Dcvd By Fakt Dat M Telin Dz. What Did Blaks Invent Bfr Europeans Arrivd. We Couldnt V Bn In The Europeans Level And Stil Get Colonizd Or Slaved. Blv It Or Nt We're Bkward. Permanently Inferior? Ok But Telin My Self D Trut Sets Me Free. Can U Point To An Afrikan Invntion Outside Egypt?? U All Use Egypt And Moroko As Ur Case Study,but Dey Aint Blak! Asia Was Conquard? grin Japan, China, Korea, India, Israe Qatar Etc R In Asia Gimd An African Country Dat Can Stand Them! Dnt Tel Me South Afrika grin

I' am writing a book specifically for people like you- the victims of the fake education we inherited. I have to do it because this continent can never move forward, if our schools keep producing people that hate themselves.

Just for your information, the ancient Moroccans and Egyptians that civilized Europeans were blacks. There was a time white people didn't live anywhere in Africa.

There's no country in Asia that wasn't colonized by Europeans, except Japan, Korea, Nepal, Thailand. Still, they suffered partial colonialism. It was their age of global thievery and no country was left totally untouched.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by Axiwaju(m): 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2018
musicwriter:

I' am writing a book specifically for people like you- the victims of the fake education we inherited. I have to do it because this continent can never move forward, if our schools keep producing people that hate themselves.

Just for your information, the ancient Morocca

There's no country in Asia that wasn't colonized by Europeans, except Japan, Korea, Nepal, Thailand. Still, they suffered partial colonialism. It was their age of global thievery and no country was left totally untouched.
D Ancient Egyptians Were Blcks? grin But Dna Records Show Otherwise, Sory That Dashd Ur Tales! Yea Y Did This Countries Gt Colonised If Europeans Are Nt Beter Sofistikatd? And Arent Dz Kntries doing Gud Nw? Cmpared To African ShitHoles.OF All Colonies In America, One Is Fully Blak Haiti! It Is The Mst Underdevlpd In That region! Y? Coz They R Blks! Evry Thing Is Wrng Wit A Blak Man! Its Blks That Use Albinos For Ritual grin Its Blks That Do Blud Money.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by Axiwaju(m): 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
musicwriter:

Just for your information, the ancient Moroccans and Egyptians that civilized Europeans were blacks. There was a time white people didn't live anywhere in Africa.

Writin A Buk For Me? I Need To Sit U Down And Lecture U! Ur Book Is Gona Get Printd Right? Thats Also A European Invention , The Language U R Gona Use To Write It Too Is European! I Was Lik U Too Sme Yrs Ago! Why Dnt we Invnt Those Things Bfr Them? Answer Me And Il Sht Up. Cars Guns Cmputrs Electricity Etc!
Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by musicwriter(m): 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2018
Axiwaju:

D Ancient Egyptians Were Blcks? grin But Dna Records Show Otherwise, Sory That Dashd Ur Tales! Yea Y Did This Countries Gt Colonised If Europeans Are Nt Beter Sofistikatd? And Arent Dz Kntries doing Gud Nw? Cmpared To African ShitHoles.OF All Colonies In America, One Is Fully Blak Haiti! It Is The Mst Underdevlpd In That region! Y? Coz They R Blks! Evry Thing Is Wrng Wit A Blak Man! Its Blks That Use Albinos For Ritual grin Its Blks That Do Blud Money.

I honestly don't understand anything you've written here. So, have to let you be. However, if you could ask someone to assist you send in your response in a way it's readable, I' am ever ready to continue the discussion.
Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by Axiwaju(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
musicwriter:

I honestly don't understand anything you've written here. So, have to let you be. However, if you could ask someone to assist you send in your response in a way it's readable, I' am ever ready to continue the discussion.
What Id Expected Frm A Black Man! If Trump Did That Youd Probly Be Shouting Racism grin I Dnt Gt Annoyed Thats Me I Gt Ur Insult Well . Bye Bro
Re: PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education by musicwriter(m): 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2018
Axiwaju:

What Id Expected Frm A Black Man! If Trump Did That Youd Probly Be Shouting Racism grin I Dnt Gt Annoyed Thats Me I Gt Ur Insult Well . Bye Bro

I' am sorry, if you feel offended. But, since you know Trump hates you; why do you hate yourself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman / Kaduna: Principal, Others allegedly Brutalise Student To Death (Disturbing photo / 2015/2016 NOV/DEC WAEC,NECO/NABTEB GCE Forms Are Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.