Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,493 members, 7,836,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. (933 Views)

Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 01, 2010
Please help.For over 2 weeks now have been trying to choose country of my choice to study.But am still trying to get more infor abt them,The countries are, Malaysia, Cyprus,South Africa,Ireland, Please which one do i choose before i proceed for an Agent and i want to ask,If it possible because my friend in malaysia told me he did it ,Apply for a visa in malaysia and go straight to any school.apply for any course and they will extend his visa.am planning maybe i can do that to other country like ireland.
Re: Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. by justwise(m): 10:30am On Apr 01, 2010
timothy001:

Please help.For over 2 weeks now have been trying to choose country of my choice to study.But am still trying to get more infor abt them,The countries are, Malaysia, Cyprus,South Africa,Ireland, Please which one do i choose before i proceed for an Agent and i want to ask,If it possible because my friend in malaysia told me he did it ,Apply for a visa in malaysia and go straight to any school.apply for any course and they will extend his visa.am planning maybe i can do that to other country like ireland.

It depend on how much u have to spend and the level of studies  u are planning for. Studying in Ireland will cost u more compare to Cyprus or Malaysia. Are u going for degree or Msc? How much do u have?

Your friend that told u that u can just apply for visa and when u get there u chose any school or course is not a student. He must be doing something else there.
Re: Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2010
well i have 900k naira for processing.please ur advice is needed.
Re: Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
timothy001:

well i have 900k naira for processing.please your advice is needed.

Processing the visa or the admission? How abt school fees?
Re: Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. by farrybabe: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2010
International student fee in ireland is very expensive and again it depends on the course you r doing
Re: Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. by omega25red(m): 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2010
poster

do not spend your money on any agent or anything like that if you are really going for education then you must have some smarts i.e do research a lot of research by your self and proceed if you want to. One thing i know being a foriegn student is usually very expensive i mean in the U.S if you are from a different state they charge you more needless to say a different country.
This is not a simple thing you are embarking on you have to account for school fees, housing fees, food fees, transportation, clothing etc. find out if you can work because most student visa might actually only allow you to work part time. so take some time and do research before you spend your hard or easy earn N900k.
Re: Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2010
ok, thanks, but am unable to get an admission in 9geria university, so wat do i do
Re: Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. by Davedavy: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2010
timothy001:

With 900k i dont think you will be able to study in Ireland,think about accomodation,cost of living,school fees etc.And from your post it seems as if you are looking at an undergraduate degree which is about 3 years.
I dont know how things work in Malaysia anyway,but do your research very well before embarking on the any trip.Wish you all the best.
Re: Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. by raintree: 7:29pm On Apr 08, 2010
N900K is about MYR20K(Malaysian Ringgit). Airtickets + Visa Processing will eat up at least 30%-40% of that amount. The balance will probably be enough for only 1st term of the school fees, excluding food, lodging & other expenses. Sorry, I don't think you have enough for your intended study in Malaysia unless your family is ready to support you financially.

(1) (Reply)

Danish Visa Inquiry /help / 10 Societies Buried Beneath Your Feet / Nigerians In New Zealand Help!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.