Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,212 members, 7,953,776 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation (13917 Views)

Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK / Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa / Facing Deportation, What To Expect On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Ptimes: 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2012

A Nigerian living with a genetic disorder that causes facial tumors has earned a United State’s House of Representatives’ bill to stay back and study in America.

The law was written to apply only to Sopuruchukwu Chukwueke, according to U.S. Senator, Carl Levin, a Michigan Democrat, who sponsored the legislation.

The U.S. House passed it Tuesday and the Senate has already approved the bill which is now headed for Mr. Obama’s desk.

The law, made for Mr. Sopuruchukwu alone, allows him to remain in the U.S. despite the expiration of his visa. He will get the green card he needs to stay and study in America If Mr. Obama signs the legislation.

Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/112018-obama-to-decide-fate-of-nigerian-battling-illness-deportation.html

7 Likes

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by iamtheprincipal: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
Obama show some love to your African brother.

1 Like

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Tolexander: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2012
seems the house think Sopuruchukwu
Chukwueke is home sick and needs goin home.
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Sunymoore(m): 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2012
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Deeola1(f): 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2012
Anything can happen with his case. It might or might not be signed.
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by SisiKill1: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2012
Awwww! That is sooooo cool!!

Thank God for the poor guy, at least in the US he has a chance of making something of his life despite his illness. In Naija, he woulda been relegated to one out of the way place where whatever talent he has will remain untapped.

Hoepfully, this law isn't gonna lead to a rash of self harm by people who want apapandodo Green Card! lipsrsealed

Tolexander: seems the house think Sopuruchukwu

3 Likes

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by claremont(m): 7:56pm On Dec 20, 2012
The US has a reputation for going the extra mile to keep and retain the best brains. The UK should emulate this rather than sticking to a 'holier than thou' immigration strategy.

Good luck to the lad.

1 Like

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Yvete(f): 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
God bless his heart. Puts a smile on my face.

Three of my friends are beneficiaries of the Obama DACA this year, all Nigerians. Hope in a hopeless situation!
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2012
Nice one,the guy is appreciated in foreign land,rather than being castigated to the back seat.
The US believes that there's Ability in Disability.
Thumbs up.

5 Likes

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
we pray for you to succed in life! GOD will always be at your onyour side!....Mr. Obama sign am no question asked only more asistance from you! smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by dejijohns(m): 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
Kull
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by babaowo: 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2012
Tolexander: seems the house think Sopuruchukwu
.... your badht!!!
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2012
I feel for his health issue but if we start letting people with one health issues or another to stay in this county for the heck of it, this country will be over populated with. . . . . . .

And oh don't worry about it cuz our food stamp president is going to sign it.

1 Like

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by 80million1: 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2012
*spe.echles.s*

Shout out to Baraka Oluwasegun Obama.

1 Like

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 20, 2012
Yomieluv: Nice one,the guy is appreciated in foreign land,rather than being castigated to the back seat.
The US believes that there's Ability in Disability.
Thumbs up.

Yep Sadly i forsee Nigeria going through a Brain-Drain, other countries recognize your skills and do their best to make you comfortable so what's the point in suffering in your country all in the name of patriotism.

1 Like

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Adebasy: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2012
YES I BELIEVE OBAMA WILL SHOW A CONCERN AND KINDNESS TO THAT ISSUE YES THERE IS ABILITY IN DISABILITY
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Booty4me: 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
Who is sopuruchukwu And what happened to him
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Raxxye(m): 8:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
Where else can we find such love for one in such situation? Imagine that his case has already been deliberated and passed in both the Lower and Upper Houses. Back home in Nigeria, even members of his immediate family would keep their distance from him, and he would probably have been one of those on the streets begging. May God bless America and silence all her enemies!

8 Likes

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2012
Thank God for the Greatest country in the world
My adopted homeland
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by iamswizz(m): 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2012
so dat means they would have sent him back?
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
iamswizz: so dat means they would have sent him back?

If it was Saudi or Pakistan he would have been on the next Camel back to Naija

3 Likes

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by solomon111(m): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2012
It's not a big deal,as far as am concerned.
He is only being offered green card.
All expenses and health related bills will not be beared by the US,so i don't see the reason for the sentimental feelings attached to this.
It is what most nations would have done under the same conditions,and it wouldn't have made the news.
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by CohenJane: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama:

If it was Saudi or Pakistan he would have been on the next Camel back to Naija

God save and help you from your lunacy.

1 Like

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
CohenJane:

God save and help me from my lunacy.

Ami o

grin grin
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by feelxp(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2012
B4 America legislators passed dat bill in favour of dat man, knw dat, d man has great skills n abilities wich America dot want 2 lose
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by simdam500(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
I still dont understand him and wher he's headin towards *fingers crossed*
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Coldfeet(f): 8:55pm On Dec 20, 2012
Fear God o!!! Sopuruchi angry angry angry this warning is for the mod that is hiding my post! What did I do/write wrong? Anyway back to topic

Happy for you Sopuruchukwu wish you all the best!!!!!!!

Goodnight

1 Like

Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Opoki(m): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2012
Deporting this guy will only make him die earlier cos Nigeria is so sick and d sickness is even worst than Genetic Disorder!
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by Stegomiah: 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
THERE'S NO NEED FOR OBAMA 2 DETERMINE HIS FATE, WE'RE TLD D WORLD IS ENDING 2MAO, IF POSSIBLE BRO, CATCH THE LAST FLIGHT 2 NAIJA NAW COS DATS WIA U BLONG
Re: Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation by pekelepekele(m): 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2012
Don't worry Nigerians He will surely sign it. I will make sure I contact Obama right away through his twitter page

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nine Travellers Die, 12 Injured In Kaduna-Zaria Road Accident / FG To Certify Airlines Before Flights Resume / Fake Marriages In Ireland: Nigerians Involvement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.