Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,975 members, 7,952,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Is Travelling Out Of The Country The Solution? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Travelling Out Of The Country The Solution? (1868 Views)

Buhari Bans 50 High-profile Nigerians From Travelling / Reveal The Real Reason Buhari Is Travelling To London – PDP Dares Presidency / FG Pays Ikoyi Whistle-blower N421m; Jets Out Of The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Travelling Out Of The Country The Solution? by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 15, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I am a born throway lunatic

grin I agree tongue
Re: Is Travelling Out Of The Country The Solution? by obaaderemi: 6:01am On Dec 15, 2017
It all depends. Some people travel out and do well and others stay here and do well. My cousin for instance, had a good job in Ibadan but in 2005,he sold all he had and left with his new wife for Manchester. After two years, he returned to Ibadan. Definitely, England did not work for him. He came back with some money and started a poultry which failed within 1year. He ran to Lagos with his wife and hunted for jobs. He got a job with an eatery and the first day on the job, his mate at the university walked in to buy snacks. Out of shame he left the job and decided to start egg distribution business. He had to borrow the initial 70,000naira capital from family members, 20,000 here 10000 there. Luckily for him he had an old Golf 3 he bought when hr returned from England. He returned to Ibadan and started buying eggs in the rural areas to sell in Lagos, Ikeja precisely where his sister lived. Within 2 years he became very big. I never knew Ikeja was such a big market for such things. Several times I went on trips with him just to see things for myself. Today he sells over 1600 crates per week in Lagos alone and uses three vehicles. He has his own house and his wife who couldn't conceive in England even with the awesome facilities and tests carried out there on her now has two beautiful kids both born in Ibadan. These days he doesn't like hearing about leaving Nigeria without advising against it.But then what works for one may not work for another. The gist of it all is that travelling out of Nigeria does not solve it all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of The Country The Solution? by UncleJudax(m): 6:51am On Dec 15, 2017
NaijaElba:

Leave that Idiot alone let him be saying rubbish.....
You dont have to call names. Yes He goofed. It is called ignorance

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of The Country The Solution? by ODVanguard: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2017
obaaderemi:
It all depends. Some people travel out and do well and others stay here and do well. My cousin for instance, had a good job in Ibadan but in 2005,he sold all he had and left with his new wife for Manchester. After two years, he returned to Ibadan. Definitely, England did not work for him. He came back with some money and started a poultry which failed within 1year. He ran to Lagos with his wife and hunted for jobs. He got a job with an eatery and the first day on the job, his mate at the university walked in to buy snacks. Out of shame he left the job and decided to start egg distribution business. He had to borrow the initial 70,000naira capital from family members, 20,000 here 10000 there. Luckily for him he had an old Golf 3 he bought when hr returned from England. He returned to Ibadan and started buying eggs in the rural areas to sell in Lagos, Ikeja precisely where his sister lived. Within 2 years he became very big. I never knew Ikeja was such a big market for such things. Several times I went on trips with him just to see things for myself. Today he sells over 1600 crates per week in Lagos alone and uses three vehicles. He has his own house and his wife who couldn't conceive in England even with the awesome facilities and tests carried out there on her now has two beautiful kids both born in Ibadan. These days he doesn't like hearing about leaving Nigeria without advising against it.But then what works for one may not work for another. The gist of it all is that travelling out of Nigeria does not solve it all.

You are very correct. I think we also have to consider that perhaps if your cousin hadn't tried his luck abroad and returned under the circumstance which he did, he wouldn't have nurtured the tenacious never-give-up attitude that eventually paid off and resulted in his success. Because he had already gotten the whole 'I must travel out by fire by force to make it' out of his system, he was willing to keep pushing with perseverance, until he became a success story here in Nigeria. For him, he apparently didn't learn that lesson until he left the shores of Nigeria. To succeed in a place Nigeria, one can't afford to have a defeatist attitude toward life.

And like you said, there are also many others that went abroad in search of the golden fleece and were more fortunate and able to 'make it' there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of The Country The Solution? by patani(m): 7:38am On Dec 15, 2017
Lucky00:
I am happy to hear that. I have not been to USA myself. that means, we are our own enemies as africans.

Then why were you making assertions when you don’t have fact. Please learn to communicate in public forum chief
Re: Is Travelling Out Of The Country The Solution? by gidgiddy: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2017
I have no problem with people who want to travel abroad. Lets face it, Nigeria is a failed state in all ramifications.

What Im against is anyone who puts their life at great risk in other to travel abroad. Years ago, what people did was to get a visa to Turkey then get to Europe from there.

My friend did this, he managed to get a Turkish Visa from where he was smuggled into Europe by boat. He almost drowned during the journey. Getting to Italy, he soon realised that the Europe he always dreamt about was not all he thought. He joined the queue of illegal immigrants doing odd jobs, when they were even lucky to find any odd job to do. Its tough in Nigeria but Europe is not heaven either. So I hope that people dont keep throwing away their lives in the desert

(1) (2) (Reply)

FULL VIDEO: Dino Blast Buhari, Osinbajo Over The Killing Of Benue People / Drama In IMO APC As Hope Uzodinma Obtains INEC Certificate After Uche Nwosu Obta / Fayose Addresses Press Men Before Entering EFCC Office In Abuja [watch Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.