Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode (34168 Views)

FG To Demolish More Buildings On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Obaseki To Demolish Tony Kabaka's Hotel In 7 Days. Kabaka Dares Him (Video) / FG To Demolish Costain, Jibowu Bridges For Lagos/ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by DONADAMS(m): 10:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
Maka why?FTC on second page
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by aftatechbiz(m): 10:36pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hope it will bring development

For bulk sms for your business, church or organization, visit www.aftasms.com

1 Like

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by duduwest(m): 10:38pm On Dec 14, 2017
Is this not a suicide mission. Hhmmmmm as if the traffic in Lagos is not okay by them, why not create alternative before demolition. that's just my one cent
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by Tobyarab(m): 10:43pm On Dec 14, 2017
Costain bridgeto be demolished? the traffic would be unending.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 14, 2017
As a hard-core Shomolu guy, as emotional as it seems to lose the Jibowu bridge, change is what we all need as long as it's gonna be for the best in the long run. Eko o ni baje ooo; O baje ti! cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by bart10: 10:54pm On Dec 14, 2017
Stupid design. Why not underground? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by RedDistrict: 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2017
bart10:
Stupid design. Why not underground? undecided

If an under ground rail way is constructed in this country, i'd advice you to avoid it o for your life's sakes, my 1 kobo! grin

The one dy doing across the water to CMS sef, i just dy look am with one eye

3 Likes

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by Goke7: 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
RedDistrict:

If an under ground rail way is constructed in this country, i'd advice you to avoid it o for your life's sakes, my 1 kobo! grin

grin No be small thing

4 Likes

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by clemmonce(m): 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2017
baralatie:
I dey pity ambode and Lagos economy. you want to tear down two bridges that supports your state economy to be replaced with a rail network. nothing less than 6 years of serious economic loss in terms of time,cost and productivity.
you are smarter than all the economic team of lagos. it is in Nigeria everybody is coach everybody is an engineer everybody is an economist

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by Harrynight(m): 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
Ambode, Udom, Wike and Dickson only working Governors

3 Likes

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by checkolatunji: 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2017
baralatie:
I dey pity ambode and Lagos economy. you want to tear down two bridges that supports your state economy to be replaced with a rail network. nothing less than 6 years of serious economic loss in terms of time,cost and productivity.

eye service chairman wetin concern you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by aku626(m): 11:20pm On Dec 14, 2017
Major traffic loading
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by kokomilala(m): 11:41pm On Dec 14, 2017
It's apparent that many people are set in their ways.Those who are against this need to look at the bright side of things.No economy would develop without an integrated railway system and culture.In fact,experts suggest that a city with up to 2 million people should go mass transit.If anything,Lagos should be considering a mono-rail for her congested towns like Surulere and others with complex traffic issues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by baralatie(m): 12:00am On Dec 15, 2017
Follysho707:

"Life is measured in terms of loss NOT, gain... not the wine drunk forth BUT, the wine poured forth". It's more a strategic business move.
what is the strategic business move of knocking out Costain bridge and installing a no vehicular pass at all on the route

1 Like

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by deomelllo: 12:07am On Dec 15, 2017
baralatie:

Rail systems that moves people, goods and services are less important than common bridge?

Where is the sense in this thoughtless and backward comment? You mean Lagos's economy is nothing without 2 small bridges or they can not re-rout or manage traffic because of 2 small bridges?

I used to think our old leaders are all useless and vision-less, but many Nigerian youths are even worse.

I thank God that people like you are not in charge of any state or decision making entity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by baralatie(m): 12:16am On Dec 15, 2017
clemmonce:
you are smarter than all the economic team of lagos. it is in Nigeria everybody is coach everybody is an engineer everybody is an economist
the costain bridge was built to serve what purpose?
and as at now what is the volume of vehicular and human traffic does it serve daily!
Now if you now remove the bridge(this would take time to do anyway).where would that traffic it was to serve go to?
this problem will be sustained because one the construction and final completion of the installed rail network and two on that route it is expected that there is no more vehicular movement from any starting point to its end service point
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by baralatie(m): 12:18am On Dec 15, 2017
deomelllo:

Rail systems that moves people, goods and services are less important than common bridge?

Where is the sense in this thoughtless and backward comment? You mean Lagos's economy is nothing without 2 small bridges or they can not re-rout or manage traffic because of 2 small bridges?

I used to think our old leaders are all useless and vision-less, but many Nigerian youths are even worse.

I thank God that people like you are not in charge of any state or decision making entity.
the Costain bridge is to serve what purpose?
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by deomelllo: 12:25am On Dec 15, 2017
baralatie:

what is the strategic business move of knocking out Costain bridge and installing a no vehicular pass at all on the route

Meaning different access for cars and rails, they are not going to block any access route on a major thoroughfare trains and vehicles can move side by side, this is common sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by baralatie(m): 12:33am On Dec 15, 2017
deomelllo:

Meaning different access for cars and rails, they are not going to block any access route on a major thoroughfare trains and vehicles can move side by side, this is common sense.

one,what route does costain bridge serve?
two,ambode did not say that the rail network which is to serve Lagos to Ibadan. will exist side by side with road. the road is giving way for the rail
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by deomelllo: 12:34am On Dec 15, 2017
baralatie:

the Costain bridge is to serve what purpose?

Of what relevance is this question? Are they not getting rid of the bridge already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by baralatie(m): 12:37am On Dec 15, 2017
deomelllo:

Of what relevance is this question? Are they not getting rid of the bridge already.
meaning you don't know why and for what reason the bridge was built to serve and the volume of traffic it is serving currently.
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by deomelllo: 12:37am On Dec 15, 2017
baralatie:

one,what route does costain bridge serve?
two,ambode did not say that the rail network which is to serve Lagos to Ibadan. will exist side by side with road. the road is giving way for the rail

They are getting rid of the bridges, not the road, there's a clear difference between roads and bridges.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by baralatie(m): 12:42am On Dec 15, 2017
deomelllo:

They are getting rid of the bridges, not the road, there's a clear difference between roads and bridges.

what is the function of the costain bridge and what are the areas that it serves
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by deomelllo: 12:44am On Dec 15, 2017
baralatie:

meaning you don't know why and for what reason the bridge was built to serve and the volume of traffic it is serving currently.

The fact that the bridge was built to ease traffic doesn't meant improvements can not be made to serve the populace with rail and vehicular transportation. Progress is not and can not be stagnant.

Vehicles and rails can move side by side, Lagos state is doing the same thing with the 10 lane Lagos/Badagry express.

You are arguing blindly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by baralatie(m): 12:55am On Dec 15, 2017
deomelllo:

The fact that the bridge was built to ease traffic doesn't meant improvements can not be made to serve the populace with rail and vehicular transportation. Progress is not and can not be stagnant.

Vehicles and rails can move side by side, Lagos state is doing the same thing with the 10 lane Lagos/Badagry express.

You are arguing blindly.
like I said you don't know of exactly the areas that the costain bridge serves and its current traffic it serves in terms of these areas.
if you truly know these answers then you will understand the very problem
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by hall21: 1:04am On Dec 15, 2017
sad shocked
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by hall21: 1:04am On Dec 15, 2017
grin
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by Edoblakky(m): 1:08am On Dec 15, 2017
RedDistrict:

I still feel underground option should be looked into or an overhead rail track. Any of the options will cost more than rail on a surface road but demolishing a bridge because of a railway is not the best option. The railway will not reduce the number of cars on Lagos road.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by hall21: 1:08am On Dec 15, 2017
angry sad
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by deomelllo: 1:13am On Dec 15, 2017
baralatie:

like I said you don't know of exactly the areas that the costain bridge serves and its current traffic it serves in terms of these areas.
if you truly know these answers then you will understand the very problem

Going back and forth with your type is a waste of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by baralatie(m): 1:17am On Dec 15, 2017
deomelllo:

Going back and forth with your type is a waste of time.
lobatan
you don't know the implication of removing costain bridge
Re: Why We Want To Demolish Jibowu, Costain Bridges - Gov. Ambode by deomelllo: 1:22am On Dec 15, 2017
baralatie:

lobatan

you don't know the implication of removing costain bridge

Please, go away with your ignorant noise.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newly Reconstructed Ilorin - Jebba - Mokwa Road / Atiku Blew Kisses In Owerri During The South-East Campaign Rally (Video) / Àbike Dabiri Presents Her National Honour To Bola Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.