Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,715 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn (28531 Views)

About The High Rate Of Randy Men And Women Today / Between Clergyman Mike Bamiloye And A Facebook User Asking About Heaven / 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Khodorkovsky(m): 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
Work in heaven ko , heaven business district ni.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by famozine1: 1:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
Hati13:
You tell as if you seen the otherside. No one knows for sure what will happen. There may be an afterlife with different situations or nothing at all (oblivion). If it's oblivion, then no problem. If there is an afterlife, then no problem (I've nothing to do about it).
Heaven is real heaven is too real God allows everyone one to make research about heaven and earth also God want us to learn from each other listen to those giving the opportunity to back after death (e. G) gbenga adeboye listen to his latest album then to find out go to YouTube search for life after death ear it you self more than 1 thousand videos there can never be a lie with the testify of two or more truth is confirm go read the Holy Bible today I still had a dream about heaven everywhere is just white very white and clean too clean with fine fine building but I only saw few people like just 2 black people so it's real any body that don't want to believe will not believe but he who wants to believe but have doubting mind I want you to know today that heaven is real for children of God accept Jesus and forsake you sin...... Abeg for my bad English

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
Bidobado:

I was about to say the same thing. Worried so much about heaven only because life in Nigeria is hell on earth. If Adeboye and Oyedepo truly believe in their heaven stories, why would amass private Jets, mansions and edifices all around the world. Why aren't they keen to go and see their Father who called them or isn't heaven supposed to be paved with gold.
Who are Adeboye and Oyedepo?
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by ScofieldBello(m): 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2017
Oh....
There is also RACISM[color=#006600][/color] in the heaven you saw too?
"...like just 2 black people" while others are whites. grin
famozine1:

Heaven is real heaven is too real God allows everyone one to make research about heaven and earth also God want us to learn from each other listen to those giving the opportunity to back after death (e. G) gbenga adeboye listen to his latest album then to find out go to YouTube search for life after death ear it you self more than 1 thousand videos there can never be a lie with the testify of two or more truth is confirm go read the Holy Bible today I still had a dream about heaven everywhere is just white very white and clean too clean with fine fine building but I only saw few people like just 2 black people so it's real any body that don't want to believe will not believe but he who wants to believe but have doubting mind I want you to know today that heaven is real for children of God accept Jesus and forsake you sin...... Abeg for my bad English

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
famozine1:

But you can't for sure say this is going to happen or this. I'm personally open minded to every possibility. I'm also open minded to possibly of reincarnating into the past. I've a big plan to change some event which will affect my country history for the better if it's possible.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
Hati13:

Who are Adeboye and Oyedepo?

They are thieves robbing in the name of God.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Kbs468(m): 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
jiggaz:
Will we miss things from earth? Will we become angels? Will we work? Author Randy Alcorn answers the questions we all have about heaven.

When I anticipate my first glimpse of heaven, I remember the first time I went snorkeling.
I saw countless fish of every shape, size and color. Just when I thought I'd seen the most beautiful fish, along came one even more striking. Etched in my memory is the sound of a gasp going through my snorkel as my eyes were opened to a breathtaking underwater world.

As believers, I imagine our first glimpse of heaven will cause us to gasp in a similar way—with amazement and delight. That first gasp will likely be followed by many more as we continually encounter new sights in that endlessly wonderful place.

Though most of us are in no hurry to get to our final destination, we all have questions about it. After in-depth study of the Scriptures, here are some of the most frequently asked questions.

1. We won't miss our old lives.

Have you ever bought an economy ticket for a flight, but because of overbooking, been upgraded to first class? Did you regret the upgrade? Did you spend your time wondering, What am I missing by not being in the back of the plane?

The upgrade from Earth to heaven will be vastly superior to that from economy to first class. If we would miss something from our old lives, it would be available to us in heaven. Why? Because we will experience all God intends for us. He fashions us to want precisely what He will give us so what He gives us will be exactly what we want.

2. We won't become angels.

I'm often asked if people, particularly children, become angels when they die.

The answer is no.

Death is a relocation of the same person from one place to another. The place changes, but the person remains the same. The same person who becomes absent from his or her body becomes present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:cool. We won't be angels but we'll be with them.

3. We won't be tempted.

Once I was asked if we will ever be tempted to turn our backs on Christ. The answer is no. What would tempt us? Innocence is the absence of something (sin), while righteousness is the presence of something (God's holiness). God will never withdraw His holiness from us; therefore, in heaven we cannot sin.

We'll never forget the ugliness of sin, however. Having known death and life, we who experience life will never want to go back to death. We'll never be deceived into thinking God is withholding something good from us or that sin is in our best interests.

We'll always know sin's costs. Every time we see the scarred hands of Jesus, we'll remember. We'll see sin as God does. It will be stripped of its illusions and will be utterly unappealing.

4. We will have work to do.

The idea of working in heaven is foreign to many people. Yet Scripture clearly teaches it. When God created Adam, he "took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it" (Genesis 2:15). Work was part of the original Eden. It was part of a perfect human life.

God Himself is a worker. He didn't create the world and then retire. Jesus said, "My Father is always at His work to this very day, and I, too, am working" (John 5:17). Jesus found great satisfaction in His work. "‘My food,' Jesus said, ‘is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work'" (John 4:34).

We'll also have work to do, satisfying and enriching work that we can't wait to get back to, work that'll never be drudgery. God is the primary worker, and as His image-bearers, we're made to work. We create, accomplish, set goals and fulfill them—to God's glory.

5. We will still experience emotions.

In Scripture, God is said to enjoy, love, laugh, take delight and rejoice, as well as be angry, happy, jealous and glad. To be like God means to have and express emotions. Hence, we should expect that in heaven emotions will exist for God's glory and our good.

We know that people in heaven have lots of feelings—all good ones. We're told of banquets, feasts and singing.
People will laugh there (Luke 6:21). Will we cry in heaven? The Bible says, "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying or pain" (Revelation 21:4). These are the tears of suffering over sin and death, the tears of oppressed people, the cries of the poor, the widow, the orphaned, the unborn and the persecuted.
Such crying will be no more.

We might, though, shed tears of joy. Can you imagine joy flooding your eyes as you meet Christ, for example, and as you're reunited with loved ones? I can.

6. We still won't know everything.

God alone is omniscient. When we die, we'll see things far more clearly, and we'll know much more than we know now. But we'll never know everything.

In heaven we'll be flawless, but not knowing everything isn't a flaw. It's part of being finite. Righteous angels don't know everything, and they long to know more (1 Peter 1:12). They're flawless but finite. We should expect to long for greater knowledge, as angels do. And we'll spend eternity gaining the greater knowledge we'll seek.

7. We will recognize one another.

Scripture gives no indication of a memory wipe causing us not to recognize family and friends. Paul anticipated being with the Thessalonians in heaven, and it never occurred to him he wouldn't know them. In fact, if we wouldn't know our loved ones, the comfort of an afterlife reunion, taught in 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18, would be no comfort at all. In heaven we probably won't fail to recognize an acquaintance in a crowd or forget people's names.

8. What will we do to avoid boredom?

People sometimes say, "I'd rather be having a good time in hell than be bored in heaven."
Note the assumption: sin is exciting and righteousness is boring.

Believing in this assumption means you've fallen for the devil's lie. In reality, sin robs us of fulfillment. Sin doesn't make life interesting; it makes life empty. When there's fulfillment, when there's beauty, when we see God as He truly is—an endless reservoir of fascination—boredom becomes impossible. In heaven we'll be filled—as Psalm 16:11 describes it—with joy and eternal pleasures.

9. If our loved ones are in hell, won't that spoil heaven?

In heaven we'll see clearly that God revealed Himself to each person and that He gave opportunity for each heart or conscience to seek and respond to Him (Romans 1:18-2:16). Everyone deserves hell; no one deserves heaven. Jesus went to the cross to offer salvation to all (1 John 2:2). God is absolutely sovereign and doesn't desire any to perish (1 Timothy 2:3-4; 2 Peter 3:9). Yet many will perish in their unbelief (Matthew 7:13).

In heaven, we'll embrace God's holiness and justice. God will be our source of joy. Hell's small and distant shadow will not interfere with God's greatness or our joy in Him. All of this should motivate us to share the gospel of Christ with family, friends, neighbors and the whole world.

http://m.lifeway.com/Article/pastor-Questioning-heaven

Very interesting indeed and as another evidence of Our existence as GOD ALMIGHTY, We never had any old Bible knowledge before nor even sprang up Humanly from any Christian Background home but almost all that We (GOD) had been saying are more or less in agreement with what is in the above commentary except for a few that requires clarification as to why they are no longer applicable which of course gives credence again to Our (GOD) declaration of the Bible as Old and obsolete just like the QURAN had also been declared same.

1. Yes the preamble clearly gives an insight into what and where We are presently as like We all know that We are One foot into Paradise/Heaven already and the other still on Earth with Our existence in Human form?

While in the first comment, The Heavenly/paradise feeling has been enjoyed already by only a few while the majority are yet to taste it simply because of the injustice of those that have had the privilege of ruling over the rest of Mankind as individual clans and groups that are further classified into Community, Local, State and federal Government, Nations and continents, races etc.

And that exactly is what We are here for - Reinstating Equity and Justice that We planned for Mankind in paradise/Heaven

2. Exactly what We (GOD) have been saying about Ourselves in PROPHET TB JOSHUA AS JESUS CHRIST in His first coming and The Nigerian Name as His second coming

While Ourself is PROPHET MUHAMMAD KABIR as first coming and without Death as GOD for that is the only exception, else every Prophet of Ours as a human tasted Death including Jesus before resurrecting again during the last time

Since We (GOD) created Mankind in Our Own image, Hence the Only One not to taste Death while those that taste would always come back as reincarnates to enjoy the paradise We promised Mankind.

3. This again tells of the fact that there is No sin in PARADISE and JESUS was sent by Us (GOD) to come and prepare the stage for the transformation of this world into paradise/Heaven before He would lead the movement from this level to the next till the highest level is reached where We all shall meet.

But unfortunately, the same resistance He (JESUS-PROPHET TB JOSHUA) faced during his first visit was yet again pushed against him by his second people just like the JEWS did during His first sojourn that are readily evidenced by His persecution experience in NIGERIA during this time of his existence as a second coming.

And since We (GOD) foresaw that the plan of Satan as a promise and boasting that it would take a multitude of mankind along with it into Hell fire simply because We ordained the Hell fire for it as it final aboard owing to it act of disobedience of not bowing down to ADAM as commanded by ourself (GOD) to it while it claimed that it was created from Hell fire and thus it is superior to ADAM since ADAM was created by US from Clay/dust and that it can burn clay to ashes.

Hence it condemnation into Hell fire which We foresaw is on the verge of coming to pass with the unending attack and persecution against PROPHET TB JOSHUA and that explains why We had to come down in person to institute Our EQUITY & JUSTICE hallmark.

And the Evidence of PROPHET TB as the same person going by His deliverance activities and impartation.

In fact, He has been empowered to do much more than He did during his first sojourn as We gradually advance into paradise when there would no longer be Sin while mankind would only continue with the normal lifestyles of work, eat, get entertained and offer praises and worship songs while also observing other articles of faith aspects continually till Eternity Even in paradise for life without Death anymore.

And aside himself, Our (GOD) Angels previously with Us in Heaven are also here on Earth too to continue with their jobs of not recording deeds and misdeeds of sinners and righteous persons but assist Us (GOD) including PROPHET TB JOSHUA himself and others in impacting and changing lives together towards elevating the status of all mankind to the one obtainable in Paradise absolutely.

While also noting that JESUS (PROPHET TB JOSHUA was never married in his first sojourn and Now the change involved includes marrying and giving birth just like Ourselves were to have done in heaven but since our life in heaven has been short lived, We would have to do so on earth here and the SUPER ANGELIC QUEENS have been identified already while other ANGELS BOTH MALES AND FEMALES ABOUND AND ON GROUND AS WELL TO ALSO HELP IN THE CHANGING AND IMPARTING LIVES OBLIGATION AT HAND PRESENTLY.

4. The issue of Work and the content of this submission had been touched briskly above and so it still applies here as a comment.

5. Of course, As can be seen in the past few days, Weeks and months, the attributes of Joy, smile, laughter, Happiness, Anger (Positive) and all other attributes must have been seen in Us already and that We have been clamouring for Mankind to embrace, emulate and imbibe the attributes as well and in particular the PEACE AND LOVE aspect as the most paramount while the key to breathing every second is OBEDIENCE.

We wouldn't like to say further more than we had already as what is written above is in tune and in line with truth.

6. Very true.

7. Not completely So except for the Last Two PROPHETS leading to the religion of ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY In JESUS CHRIST - PROPHET TB JOSHUA and MUHAMMAD ROSUL whom unfortunately We (GOD) hid from him that We (GOD) shall actually take it place during this time before manifesting Finally as GOD ALMIGHTY in the end and that is why His life and History wasn't categorically being captured in the Holy QURAN of Old like it was for JESUS - ISA (PROPHET TB JOSHUA) as We deliberately hid the meaning of ALIF LAA MIM and others from him and everyone else to mean that We are coming to replace him before Our actual status.

8. Very True. or Aren't you seeing that already? definitely some of you would say No but by the time We began implementing Our Divine resolution starting from 2018, You all would understand by then.

9. In reality, There is no more hell Fire for humanity but the exclusive reserve of Satan for the promise of paradise is total and comprehensive in eternity.

That is the only correction just like the idea of Heaven being referred is also not the case as Heaven is upon the Earth already, So all the knowledge and understanding being shared already applies here as well.

Thanks this post as it offers us the opportunity of a critical appraisal that indeed speak volume of Our Truth nature rather than falsehood for certainly that was why We (GOD) had no previous knowledge and understanding of the Old Bible nor even the QURAN just to prove truthfulness as against anyone claiming to have taught us and thus claiming that We had previous knowledge of some sort.

Thanks Mankind for your time, Energy and attention devoted for reading this.

PROPHET TB JOSHUA

LOVELY UNITARY GOD
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
Bidobado:

They are thieves robbing in the name of God.
Ok
I'm Ethiopian and I didn't know about them before.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by pressplay411(m): 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
I just want to understand what OP means by the word FACT. Did you journey go to heaven and back? Do you have empirical evidence to back up your claim? Perhaps you should have chosen "Biblical Truths" instead.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
ednut1:
Have u been there . Wont boredom kill pple der angry
shocked
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by ednut1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2017
Anonylander:

shocked
na question na
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by written007: 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
Some people still think or believe we humans just happened on earth... The phones we use today are designed to meet specific human need...and only for human. There is a phone and we therefore can conclude and not assume that there is a designer. No human has stated ,categorically or not, that he can design a human being and give life to "it' because he can't. One fact that no one can erase is that looking round in our surrounding and the world ,the sea, the weather ,rainbow and even death , even us and the rest in the animal kingdom; these speak volumes of various designs . How then can you deny the obvious ...a designer ,a creator. I mean look at us human even with our finite knowledge have designed " crazy inventions " within the last hundred years?. There are WiFi, mobile gadgets, computer wizardry, aircraft..etc. Not that we 99% of us understand how these things work but because we know humans not aliens use these things we therefore accept their reality without question even against our failing educational structures but deny things which are truths. Are ye yet to know who ur heavenly Father is? That He is a Spirit!

2 Likes

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Deckline(m): 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
Your beliefs or doubts about the existence of heaven and hell don't change the TRUTH that they really do exist!! I have no problem with atheists in this forum but if you,in anyway cause any believer of christ to fall for your lies, It would have been better if you were never born. Heaven exists and the only way to get there is through JESUS. Now concerning what the OP wrote about heaven, I have no idea how heaven feels but we are certain that Jesus will surely prepare a place for us. If Hell is undoubtefully a place of torment,surely Heaven is the exact opposite. Lets stand in faith and perseverance because Jesus is coming soon. Be sober,be vigilant!!! Keep standing in the truth. God bless us all.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by ELdaar55(m): 4:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
PataAlhaja:
This is 2017. Tomorrow's gonna be 2018.

... and some so-called enlightened and educated folks still believe a heaven exists ... a heaven they'd ascend to after death or judgement day, whichever comes earlier.

I just weak ...

Seriously, I taya!
PLEASE ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THERE IS NO HEAVEN AT ALL??
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by ELdaar55(m): 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2017
ALL THOSE PEOPLE SAYING HEAVEN DOESNT EXIST PLEASE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH YOU THOUGH BUT DONT COME HERE AND MISLEAD OTHER PEOPLE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by jiggaz(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
Harmored:
Nice one jiggaz but about that number 7 the flesh will not be going to heaven only the soul, how do we identify a person by the soul, it's only the flesh we can use to identity people on earth and the flesh will get old, I'm just Curious in heaven will you there be old people? Or Young ones or even babies? Or it's just the soul and if it's just the soul how do you identify
Thank u Harmored ... Yes in heaven, you can identify someone you knew before on earth. The people in heaven now only have their spirit and they are waiting for their glorified body which they will get on the day of the rapture.

Yes you can identify the soul. In your dreams, you are able to identify people you knew before right? And in the dream world, its the soul you see, not the physical body. One thing you have to understand is that, in the spirit realm, the spirit / soul of somebody is the same as that person's physical body. So people in heaven with their spirits do identify each other.

And in heaven, there are no old people. God is not old, Jesus is not old and the angels don't get old either. Old age came about as a result of the fall of Adam in the garden of Eden. God's plan from the beginning is for us to be forever young and forever strong!! Yes there are babies in heaven but they still grow to full adults.

As for the peeps talking about boredom in heaven, there's nothing like that. Boredom came about as a result of the fall of Adam in the garden of Eden. All the evil in this life is as a result of the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden. Adam and Eve were never bored in the garden. And their mind was very sharp and they were extremely beautiful!!! But we the believers in Christ are greater than Adam and Eve because what Christ Jesus accomplished for us on the cross through Redemption is greater than what Adam was in the garden through Creation.

Heaven is going to be amazing more than you can ever imagine!! Believers in Christ are in for an amazing destiny!! Our future is really really really greaaaaatttt!! And it's all about what Christ Jesus achieved for us at the Cross!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by atheist5(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Heaven is a myth. it doesn't exist.
look at enlightened souls, mehh Nigerian may not be bad after,not everybody follows superstition,am quite glad alright
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by jiggaz(m): 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
atheist5:
look at enlightened souls, mehh Nigerian may not be bad after,not everybody follows superstition,am quite glad alright

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 31, 2017
written007:
Some people still think or believe we humans just happened on earth... The phones we use today are designed to meet specific human need...and only for human. There is a phone and we therefore can conclude and not assume that there is a designer. No human has stated ,categorically or not, that he can design a human being and give life to "it' because he can't. One fact that no one can erase is that looking round in our surrounding and the world ,the sea, the weather ,rainbow and even death , even us and the rest in the animal kingdom; these speak volumes of various designs . How then can you deny the obvious ...a designer ,a creator. I mean look at us human even with our finite knowledge have designed " crazy inventions " within the last hundred years?. There are WiFi, mobile gadgets, computer wizardry, aircraft..etc. Not that we 99% of us understand how these things work but because we know humans not aliens use these things we therefore accept their reality without question even against our failing educational structures but deny things which are truths. Are ye yet to know who ur heavenly Father is? That He is a Spirit!
Anytime I see something like this, I get annoyed. By ur logic, u say nothing can just exist meaning there has to be a creator. My question for you is how did this creator came to existence?
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by famozine1: 10:52pm On Dec 31, 2017
charliboy654:

Anytime I see something like this, I get annoyed. By ur logic, u say nothing can just exist meaning there has to be a creator. My question for you is how did this creator came to existence?
that is beyond imagination
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Deckline(m): 10:57pm On Dec 31, 2017
charliboy654:

Whats your business with how GOD was created?! You can't understand the simple things which are written down,it is now to know how God existed you think you will be able to phantom?! The bible says "THE FOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD" Surely,for the bible to quote this,God would have known that many foolish people will doubt his existence. You fool,you believe you are existing by your own will. I can't change your perceptions but i do hope i can help you rethink. Everything the average atheists believe in is always in contrast with God's words. If you have decided not to believe,thats your fate. But if you try to cause the downfall of some christians, i assure you,it would have been better if you had never been born. #shalom

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 31, 2017
Deckline:

Whats your business with how GOD was created?! You can't understand the simple things which are written down,it is now to know how God existed you think you will be able to phantom?! The bible says "THE FOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD" Surely,for the bible to quote this,God would have known that many foolish people will doubt his existence. You fool,you believe you are existing by your own will. I can't change your perceptions but i do hope i can help you rethink. Everything the average atheists believe in is always in contrast with God's words. If you have decided not to believe,thats your fate. But if you try to cause the downfall of some christians, i assure you,it would have been better if you had never been born. #shalom
Na so, I asked a question and u chose to insult me. Clap for yourself, you have done well. I was only trying to make u see the possibility of something existing from nothing. But ur response is just lame like you n ur silly religion.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Deckline(m): 1:44am On Jan 01, 2018
charliboy654:

Na so, I asked a question and u chose to insult me. Clap for yourself, you have done well. I was only trying to make u see the possibility of something existing from nothing. But ur response is just lame like you n ur silly religion.
Read the bible, Jesus called the two desciples going to Emmaeus fools for still doubting his resurrection. So me calling you a fool should not be termed as an insult but a reprimand.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Deckline(m): 2:06am On Jan 01, 2018
(John 1:1) In the beginning was the word(Jesus) and the word(Jesus) was with God, and the word(Jesus) was God.
If you read further down,the bible says...
"by him was everything made,without him was nothing made".
Now,its simple,your curiousity to know how God(The creator) came to be is not yours to know,however,your duty as a creature is to serve and obey him. This is our duty.

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 01, 2018
Deckline:

Read the bible, Jesus called the two desciples going to Emmaeus fools for still doubting his resurrection. So me calling you a fool should not be termed as an insult but a reprimand.
Sense fall on you, cause u obviously don't have any. The truth is that people like you are the problem we have in Nigeria, people that do not think. Zombie. Don't mention me again.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Rockyrascal(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2018
Elnino4ladies:
Heaven is a myth. it doesn't exist.
wouldn't it be better if you die believing heaven exists than doubt it's existence?
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Rockyrascal(m): 8:15am On Jan 01, 2018
Deckline:
(John 1:1) In the beginning was the word(Jesus) and the word(Jesus) was with God, and the word(Jesus) was God.
If you read further down,the bible says...
"by him was everything made,without him was nothing made".
Now,its simple,your curiousity to know how God(The creator) came to be is not yours to know,however,your duty as a creature is to serve and obey him. This is our duty.
Gbam...it is sometimes safe to fear the unknown.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Deckline(m): 10:09am On Jan 01, 2018
I am done trying to convince you to see the truth...
Revelation 22:11 says
HE THAT IS UNJUST,LET HIM BE UNJUST STILL,AND HE THAT IS FILTHY,LET HIM BE FILTHY STILL,AND HE THAT IS RIGHTEOUS,LET HIM BE RIGHTEOUS STILL,AND HE THAT IS HOLY,LET HIM BE HOLY STILL"
And behold i(JESUS) come quickly,and my reward is with me,to give everyman according as his work shall be.

You cannot cheat death. Don't be deceived,there is nothing like reincarnation or transmigration. These are deceits from the pits of hell.
After death, its JUDGEMENT. How can you just deny the existence of God? How did you exist? Definately,something or someone must be responsible for our existence.
Now don't get me wrong, its that easy. Your belief or umbelief cannot change TRUTH.
You will ask me, what is TRUTH??
Lol... GOD IS TRUTH, Not believing in GOD is telling a lie against his existence.
But these are spiritual truths which our natural knowlege cannot phantom. It is ONLY meant for people led by GOD.

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by written007: 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2018
charliboy654:

ur finite mind, our mind cannot drab everything.. We therefore have to accept their reality or the hope of these things that are unseen as their confirmation. Read and the answer is there" ...Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.…John 1 : 3. Has any being or principality laid claim to this kind of sovereignty in your search for answers on things that make us human seem so small ? God has revealed more than enough of Himself to us ,we still choose to remain in the dark ...Even the Angels still grow in the knowledge of God's Glory... Here we are wanting to grab spiritual understanding with our sinful state. Just so u know I didn't employ logic but it is an understanding. God can exist in time and outside time ; He does so for the purpose of our understanding and management when in reality their isn't such for our God is eternal. The concept of time ushers in relativity of event and therefore characterises a beginning and a end. It doesn't box our God; it can't ,for like every other thing He made, He also created time.

1 Like

Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by Pidggin(f): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2018
Great thread and factual too. OP you have made my day
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by jiggaz(m): 3:59pm On Jan 01, 2018
Pidggin:
Great thread and factual too. OP you have made my day
Thank you.
Re: 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn by jiggaz(m): 5:34am On May 21, 2018
High

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. / Supo Ayokunle Tours Salvation Ministries 90,000 Seater Church, Secondary School / Mike Bamiloye Celebrates Easter With Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.