Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) (73147 Views)

A Bigger Gani Fawehinmi's Statue Erected At Ojota (Photo) / Statues Of African Presidents Erected By Okorocha In Imo. Photos / Statue Erected In Honour Of Nnamdi Kanu At His Residence. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by adeoba2008(m): 5:53am On Dec 15, 2017
But that's a good road, we should commend him for that.
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by iamhorny(m): 6:15am On Dec 15, 2017
Loyalblak007:
Fake news,its not a new statue

aftatechbiz:

This is old na..I wonder o!

juanmiguel:
this one is not new oo, people shaa.

henryobinna:
Stupiiid OP nd his stiupiiiid website, what will you gain inslandering the man and his name The erected statue you see there has been there for at least 2 years, or is this your first time of entering OWerri and you're already talking trash Stop misleading people

giftedshantel:
That's not a new statue doh u can say it was recently painted
fairfora:
I think you're visiting Owerri for the first time seeing that statue because it's been there for ages. That statue is located in front of NNPC mega station, backing the oldest Catholic church in Owerri. You guys can't continue to fool us so, pls stop all these fake stories.

Financialfree:
yes it's been there.
The last time I went to Onitsha, I droped in Owerri to pick something from a friend. He used the statue and church to direct me where I can wait for him
That's like three months ago
@op verify before u post.
In a sane country this is classified as defamation of character and u can be sued

nkemdi89:
That's an old statue na, since last year.

Mztarstrechy:
I am in Imo state.@OP I guess thisday

atue has been here for like 7months at Assumpta Cathedral junction.I don't think it is a new statue.I pass through here while going to World Bank Owerri

Nairaland Mod is it that you people don't read through posters comment to sample opinions or verify informations before you guys push stories or news to front page?

Despite posting a picture of the statue which was taken as far back as last year to show that the statue is old, yet you guys still pushed it to front page...

You guys have to be very careful in promoting fake news.

That a story has link to it doesnt make it authentic, especially from hungry blogs who are desperate to sell their stories...I hope you guys don't get sued one day

This is a link to a thread on Nairaland as early as march this year showing the statue,how come the same nairaland is posting it as a new statue built by Rocha's...why the mis information?

https://www.nairaland.com/3693050/drone-view-owerri-photos

1 Like

Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by iamloski(m): 6:32am On Dec 15, 2017
Mztarstrechy:
I am in Imo state.@OP I guess this statue has been here for like 7months at Assumpta Cathedral junction.I don't think it is a new statue.I pass through here while going to World Bank Owerri
true talk, it has been there for long
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 6:35am On Dec 15, 2017
I pity Rochas when he leaves office
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 6:36am On Dec 15, 2017
I pity Rochas when he leaves office, he wants to justify his looting With statues.
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by EngrMarve(m): 6:44am On Dec 15, 2017
This statue is not new na..
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:45am On Dec 15, 2017
obailala:
Rochas might be a clown, but in terms of projects, he's still miles ahead of most other (if not all) governors in the south east. The man just clowns himself too much and attracts way too much bad press.

99% of negative news you read about Okorocha is as fake as this one and the promoters know too. I've always maintained that stand because I'm well informed of happenings in the State. Most Nigerians believe he is owing civil servants because some print media and blogs deliberately write the false news.

The desperate opposition in the State backed by IPOB have done 3 unforgivable things recently.

1 is murder of a little boy in order to give bad image to Ekeukwu market relocation

2 is deliberately dumping refuse at Douglas road and drinking champagn with pictures

3 is the recent attempt to burn New Market in order to discredit its relocation. Unfortunately for them the State fire service controlled the fire without causing any damage but they had already spread the news using same blogs and print media.

Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by sambrow(m): 6:57am On Dec 15, 2017
iamhorny:

This is an old statues oooo,it is over a year, hungry bloggers.
thanks, I tot as much. It's evn over 2 yrs
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by juman(m): 6:58am On Dec 15, 2017
KingSango:

Statues of a White Family in a Black nation. grin

How is that inspiring? No one is forcing you to worship Whites you are doing it all on your own.
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by mecussey(m): 7:17am On Dec 15, 2017
dainformant:
Governor Rochas Okorocha Erects Another Statue In Owerri. See Photos

Governor Rochas Okorocha who was been heavily criticized for erecting statues of African leaders in Imo - has erected another statue in Owerri, the state capital. The governor erected a befitting statue of the 'Holy Family' at the popular "Assumpta Cathedral Church",Owerri, as part of the Rescue Mission Government's policy on Urban Renewal...

According to the governor's media aide, the leadership of church poured appreciation on the Governor for the statue which they say is an indication of the Governor's faith and unshakable belief in the power of the most high God.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/12/okorocha-erects-statue-of-the-holy-family-for-catholic-mission.html

this statue is more than a year old. The round about is a control post round about beside Asumpter cathedral.
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by stasius: 7:17am On Dec 15, 2017
Haaaa... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Bloggers Tufia kwa!

This statue has been here for the past 2years.

Bloggers! Azi gbakwa unu!
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Chukabiz1961(m): 7:27am On Dec 15, 2017
May be his father was a native doctor.
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 15, 2017
ClitoPen:

Has he done another change of name? grin frm okorocha to okoroawusa now okorostatue grin grin who knows wats next
u forgot too that his name is roaches (not rochas) okoroiberibe. Roaches are short forms of cockroaches; so, he's cockroach okoroiberibe.

1 Like

Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by actrinity(m): 8:50am On Dec 15, 2017
Mztarstrechy:
I am in Imo state.@OP I guess this statue has been here for like 7months at Assumpta Cathedral junction.I don't think it is a new statue.I pass through here while going to World Bank Owerri
More than that Bro... The statue has been there even before rojas. It's there during ohakim government and the roundabout is being maintained by the cathedral.
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Duru009(m): 9:32am On Dec 15, 2017
Haters gonna commit suicide with this !
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Duru009(m): 9:32am On Dec 15, 2017
Haters gonna commit suicide with this....
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by kabarka(m): 9:45am On Dec 15, 2017
Mztarstrechy:

I agree with you.This holy family statue has been there before the craze for erecting presidents statues started Gov Rochas.it should not be counted as one of those statues.
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by kabarka(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2017
actrinity:

More than that Bro... The statue has been there even before rojas. It's there during ohakim government and the roundabout is being maintained by the cathedral.
Thank you very much,you are correct.
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by xcuggsm(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2017
Fmartin:
Lala waiting for snake statue like, grin

when wil this man erect a snake statue?
He already has one in his shrine where he slaughters his snakes before using them to prepare his famous snake meat pepper soup!!

Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by toye440: 10:36am On Dec 15, 2017
Fmartin:
Lala waiting for snake statue like, grin

when wil this man erect a snake statue?
CHAI meeeen d thing pain this guy infact u stand d risk of bin blocked.
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Rekyz(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2017
Mztarstrechy:
The statue has been there for over a year. PH/Onitsha xpress roundabout. Some people sef
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Fmartin(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2017
toye440:

CHAI meeeen d thing pain this guy infact u stand d risk of bin blocked.
hahaha abi? grin
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Fmartin(m): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2017
xcuggsm:
He already has one in his shrine where he slaughters his snakes before using them to prepare his famous snake meat pepper soup!!
bt atleast he deserve one from rochas' bonanza grin
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Trendishine: 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
iamhorny:

Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Trendishine: 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
iamhorny:

I agree wit u my friend , these are d handy works of hungry bloggers and stewpid negative responders who knows notting about d state or wat environmental or practical infrastructural effect means. How many has governors of their states done?. I dnt have anything wit Rocha's n I am a number one critic of bad government. But in dat area infrastructure, I raise hand for rochas, he might have some little shortcomings with which ever branch of governance I might not be 2 aware of ,but many ediots b4 his time have done worse. Who knows owerri or imo state could be as beautiful as it was the last time I visited, compared to the tenure of goons, bandits and illiterates who have been there earlier, in d likes of udenwa, charade ohakim and other charlattarns of d past , still badbitting and antagonizing alongside with their foot stooges, who are filled wit bile, wanting to comeback and continue with their looting spree, of 10billion for only food n drinks... Owerri has been seriously transformed along with other metropolis and i most say that Rochas has been d best governor in terms of infrastructure since d time of mbakwe...no other has been..owerri is one of d most beautiful city to visit in Nigeria, anybody qoute me. Portharcout and many other cities i know in d south south and south east can never stand side by side with d current owerri I saw 3days ago, powerful road connections, beariful city, with an addition of industries, manufacturing, production, massive employment and job creation environment, free trade zones, or business, manufacturing n trading village or hub..owerri n imo state wld be a superb cosmopolitan n exciting society to live in the entire south south n southeastern protectorate or anywhere across d Niger, dispute dat if u like, na u sabi.... Owerri d uto biko, rochas u try, just do d most needful n pay those whom u should, keep up with d gud work, as we still see many constructions n jobs, with tractors still rigorously going on with jobs even into d night. If u can crown it up with industries n jobs, u are quickly becoming one of d minute best if not d best, in the Niger...
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by KingSango(m): 12:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
Jermat20:

Are you ok? Don't you know that of all images erected the holy family image is the best.

I know, SEMIOTICS, do you? The signal is a holy white family, who were savages, since statues of deities signify ancestry and keeping historically correct, and the signified are the African people living in the town. Meaning everytime they pass by and see the statue of the holy white family they are spiritually affected by its intent. And if the town is a capital it very well would mean whites rule the whole region there in Igbo land. Putting up statues is metaphysical, it requires a whole team of religious expertise because the statues energy based on location and time it was erected affects the spirits of all who are in its field. In ancient Eygpt our ancestors took years studying before they erected a statue but they never splurged wealth to build vain monuments while their people suffered. That is my point, Jesus is a lie, because its abundantly There Is No JESUS CHRIST.

Ase

Love Sango
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by ofuonyebi: 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
foolish governor...is this not at least better than the statutes of jacob zuma who has been accused of corruption in his country?

okorocha...leave statutes alone!...go and pay your hungry suffering workers....all this window dressing is a shame to ur govt,
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by Leonbonapart(m): 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
KingSango:

Ase

Love Sango

I can prove definitively there is no Jesus Christ:
https://theriseofsodom..com/2016/04/devil-worship-witchcraft-and-sodomy.html
you have a short time for this. The same Christ love you still. That's the kind of God you are denying. Repent for what's coming is unimaginable
Re: 'Holy Family' Statue Erected By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) by humilitynike: 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
this one has been b4 erecting Zuma n madam Johnson

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tribunal: Prince Ade Omole Represents Mood Of All The BATist In Court - Garba / Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra Security Service 'BSS' (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.