Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,871 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter (73140 Views)

Surulere Bye-election: Otti To Lead 30-man Campaign Team For LP / Buhari Unites The Igbos With The Dot Statement, Dot Campaign Goes Virial - Pics / Jide Sanwo-Olu Sets Up 21-Man Campaign Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Islie: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2022
By Biodun Busari

A subtle campaign carried out by a petroleum economist, Dr Ahmed Adamu to portray former Vice President and Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar as a simple man to teeming Nigerian youths has received backlash on Twitter.

Adamu had posted on Twitter in the early hours of Wednesday that he booked a VIP room for him to watch a football match, but he (Atiku) declined the offer and preferred to watch the soccer match at the common section.

Adamu, thereby, described Atiku as “a very simple man” in a bid to appeal to the emotions of Nigerian populace and electorate ahead of 2023 general elections where he will be slugging it out with Bola Tinubu, Peter Obi, Rabiu Kwankwaso among others.

The tactic, however, was dragged by tweeps describing it as a common strategy by politicians to deceive Nigerians before elections.

Adamu tweeted, “I took @atiku to a public Cafe to watch a soccer match, and I booked a VIP room for him. When he came he said, “Dr Ahmed, this is so elitist. Take me to a common section where everyone goes.” Then, I took him to a general viewing hall, and joined other people. A very simple man.”

He also posted pictures of Atiku, himself in a Manchester United away jersey and some other men in a football viewing center.

Reactions

A tweep, Peter Obi… We are the Structure! @Oserume1 tagging both Adamu and Atiku reacted, “Una don start again ooh. That’s how during 2015 campaign season, Buhari and Osinbajo used picture of them drinking tea with sachet Milo to form simple people. They got into government and the price of Milo was above the reach of simple people…”

Nefertiti’s boyfriend @iamstevemario tweeted a reaction as, “Wait you took him to the general viewing hall and am seeing just 2 abi 3 people in general viewing hall? Una no get customers ooo, Now everyone Dey copy Obi, very soon Atiku go begin fly economy, we are gradually building the bridge, thank you Peter Obi”

“Your Generation Put Us In This Big Problem… Rest! And Allow The Youths & Your Children Inclusive Take Back Our Country Out Of The Hands Of These Men You Keep Campaigning For,” Cobi @Sir_Chubsy said on Twitter.

Daddy Gaga�� @DaddyGaga10 reacted, “You guys just started, very soon you’ll take him to the market place to assist one market woman do some sales, Dr Ahmed there’s God o, but dis format dun cast sha.”

Olorì Ókó Shooter @ajiroba_abayomi just tweeted a simple reaction, “Old format,” and Joey @joeydave24 said, “Come of it man. This man is never and will never be simple. It’s because election is fast approaching. I met him in Asokoro some years back for few questions and he snubbed and told me to go to hell that was when he lost election in 2019.”

Me @xkalibaer reacted, “Oga Nigeria don pass this nonsense strategy. We all know that is some arranged stuff. Event that the same two faces kept appearing in all the pictures is that interaction with the common man? If he hasn’t been going to the general public previously it is hypocritical. Focus…”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/atiku-simple-man-campaign-goes-wrong-on-twitter-2/

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by helinues: 2:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
Toh

Boomerang

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by mighty2: 2:40pm On Jun 15, 2022
Atiku, simple man, eeh eeh i no fit laugh jare.... I still stand gidigba on Tinubu's mandate

414 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Gbengajans: 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
We the people shall meet all of them at the pooling booth

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Treasure17(m): 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
Only the gullible ones will fall for this.

256 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Jostoman: 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
No matter what anyone says Atiku is the type of president Nigeria need in 2023.

43 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Tinubufit: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
angry foolish idiot. A simple man stolen billion of dollar denied us constant light till today. Ordinary retired custom officer oo.

293 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Ekejoestar(m): 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2022
Someone has hijacked helinues moniker ooo cos this is not the helinues that we all know, who use to lick Drugnibu's ass every now and then.

What happened, I hope this change is due to being OBIDIENT.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by PlayMaker14: 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2022
mighty2:
Atiku, simple man, eeh eeh i no fit laugh jare.... I still stand gidigba on Tinubu's mandate
I hope the urinating machine called Tinubu will not pee on your head while you are standing on his mandate....

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by helinues: 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2022
mighty2:

This one wey una dey match on Tinubu's mandate, make una no step on his blokos mistakenly oo

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Jostoman: 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
Tinubufit:
angry foolish idiot. A simple man stolen billion of dollar denied us constant light till today. Ordinary retired custom officer oo.
you will use this your Monika to castigate Atiku and then come back later with your other Monika to tell us to vote your Lagos landlord, weather you like it or not better prepare for the incoming of Atiku or Peter Obi in 2023.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
Imagine Atiku and frugality in one sentence shocked shocked

These fools really believe Nigerians can't think for themselves. The same man that sold Nigerian assets to himself and cronies at scrap price and wouldn't mind to live in an exotic hotel for months, drink champagne that cost millions, travel in private jets, buy houses for girlfriends, give delegates thousands of dollars etc etc is the same criminal this bastard want to present as a simple and frugal person?

May thunder fire you there!

Nigerians must do everything possible to ensure that neither of the two old criminals that represent everything bad about Nigeria is allowed to win the election.

Atiku and Tinubu have nothing meaningful to offer Nigerians except a perpetuation of the old order that destroyed us in the first place.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by helinues: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2022
Jostoman:
No matter what anyone says Atiku is the type of president Nigeria need in 2023.

Today is Atiku, tomorrow Obi. Why not stay in one place

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by ImDStar: 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2022
grin diesel is now #1500
That common sense that majority of you refused to have will be installed by suffering.

mighty2:

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by mighty2: 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
PlayMaker14:
I hope the urinating machine called Tinubu will not pee on your head while you are standing on his mandate....
who is this brainle** beerfraud bast**d?... shey i resemble beerfraud pig for your eye ni, okoro go roll with your fl*t headed beerfraud f**ls jare.... On Tinubu's mandate i stand

206 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
No Cameroonian can Rule us

No Cameroonian shall rule

Enough of strangers coming here to take over indigenous spaces

Trash

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Jostoman: 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
Assetinvestor:
Imagine Atiku and frugality in one sentence shocked shocked

These fools really think Nigerians can't think for themselves. The same that wouldn't mind to live in an exotic hotel for months, drink champagne that cost millions, travel in private jets, buy houses for girlfriends, give delegates thousands of dollars etc etc is the same criminal this bastard want to present as a simple and frugal person?

May thunder fire you there!
all this your rant will not change anything better prepare for the incoming president his Excellency Mr Atiku abubaka in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by PlayMaker14: 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
mighty2:
who is this brainle** beerfraud bast**d?... shey i resemble beerfraud pig for your eye ni, okoro go roll with your fl*t headed beerfraud f**ls jare.... On Tinubu's mandate i stand

God bless Peter Obi.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Jostoman: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
No Cameroonian can Rule us

No Cameroonian shall rule

Enough of strangers coming here to take over indigenous spaces

Trash
Atiku is your president in 2023 wether he is from Cameroon or Gabon.
Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Jostoman: 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2022
I like Peter Obi but that will not change the love I have for Atiku, Atiku please don't worry yourself about the rant about you on nairaland they will join us to congratulate you in 2023 inshallah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by APCnaPDP: 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
Atiku is a simple man by nature, he will restore the hope of Nigerians. If you vote Tinubu, make you no complain when a bag of rice becomes 200,000 Naira .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Fasindo: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
shocked

Deceit gone wrong

A simple man that stole enough wealth that can feed 300million Nigerians for 400yrs when he was VP according to Obasanjo.
A simple man that became supper rich with no none wealth apart that he was a custom head.
A simple man that supervised the privatisation of many government property below their cost.
A simple man that lives in Dubai and only comes to Nigerian during an election to contest

Abeg we no need anyman above 70yrs.

On Obi mandate I stand

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by mighty2: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2022
ImDStar:
grin diesel is now #1500
That common sense that majority of you refused to have will be installed by suffering.

shey e no wan better for you and your family ni, shey it is a must for me to support the cursed bastard you are supporting ni.... Alaye, you better stop this your senseless preaching, if you no wan to be unfortunate in life.... I still stand gidigba on Tinubu's mandate, no shaking mehn

198 Likes

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by mighty2: 3:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
PlayMaker14:

God bless Peter Obi.
wetin concern me concern PITer pandora OBItuary, i no care if god no bless am..... On Tinubu's mandate i stand

200 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by PlayMaker14: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2022
mighty2:
wetin concern me concern PITer pandora OBItuary, i no care if god no bless am..... On Tinubu's mandate i stand

Urine infested comment...

God bless Peter Obi.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Tinubufit: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2022
grin Atiku is going nowhere what he got in the last election would be the best performance of his political career. And for the Peter obi someone that I will beat hands down in any election. cheesy
Jostoman:
you will use this your Monika to castigate Atiku and then come back later with your other Monika to tell us to vote your Lagos landlord, weather you like it or not better prepare for the incoming of Atiku or Peter Obi in 2023.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Jostoman: 3:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

Today is Atiku, tomorrow Obi. Why not stay in one place
that is my business Oga, I like Peter Obi but that will not change my love for Atiku because Atiku is a very good man.

1 Like

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
Jostoman:
Atiku is your president in 2023 wether he is from Cameroon or Gabon.

who be this one...?

You think say everything na play..

On behalf of Nigerians,we assure him of safe probeless delivery...He can take Intel and other loots but it ends there. No further looting,let him relax in adamawa. This not a Northern election..

it's a southern thing...Either pandora as my southwest relatives call him or Brown teeth Bobo Chicago as my Igbo bloods call him.

I repeat its a southerners presidency which I don't like anyways but another Northerner won't smell that place when buhari just chop 8 years..

4 Likes

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Jostoman: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

who be this one...?

You think say everything na play..

On behalf of Nigerians,we assure him of safe probeless delivery...He can take Intel and other loots but it ends there. No further looting,let him relax in adamawa. This not a Northern election..

it's a southern thing...Either pandora as my southwest relatives call him or Brown teeth Bobo Chicago as my Igbo bloods call him.

I repeat its a southerners presidency which I don't like anyways but another Northerner won't smell that place when buhari just chop 8 years..
Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
Without Peter Obi, it would be difficult if not impossible for Atiku's campaign to gain traction on social media and the urban population in general. He will be significantly wiker, I mean weaker, with Wike than he was in 2019. This further clears the way for the old thief Tinubu to manipulate and intimidate his way to victory, unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by lordm(m): 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2022
Clowns all of them, Peter Obi, Tinubu, Atiku: all of them are clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku ‘simple Man’ Campaign Goes Wrong On Twitter by 07kjb: 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
APCnaPDP:
Atiku is a simple man by nature, he will restore the hope of Nigerians. If you vote Tinubu, make you no complain when a bag of rice becomes 200,000 Naira .

ATIKU laid the foundation of corruption in this democratic dispensation...

Educate yourself search and read about all this people u are campaigning for

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Native Doctor In Court: Sowore Is Mad – Aisha Yesufu Laughs (Pictures) / Adamawa's SSG, Umar Bindir's Phone Spotted At A Function (pic) / Man Who Supplies Guns To Bandits In The North Reveals How Much He Sells Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.