Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,249 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Did You Know Of Benin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did You Know Of Benin (4129 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2020
this thread is to relate everyone to the height of Benin as a kingdom.

now to the list of the day DID YOU KNOW THAT:

Benin practice four market day system namely
Ekioba,
Ekenaka,
Agbado,
Eken.

Benin is also called Igodomigodo historically

Igodomigodo's first ruler is Igodo ?

That Igodomigodo means " kings give birth to king"

The ceremonial Edo Ada and Eben sword was initiated by Ogiso Ere who was the second Ogiso after Igodo at about 66AD

That the known oldest quarter in Benin is Ugbekun quarter because Ogiso palace was in this area

that the last Ogiso of Benin is Owodo about 1130

That there was 31 Ogisos before the Oba monarchy

That the Ogiamien family is the son of Evian

That the Ogiso family greet Laiso as their morning greeting

That the Oba family greet Lamogun as their morning greeting

that the Ogiamien family greets Laire as their morning greeting

that the Oba monarchy start about 1200

That Oba Eweka 1 was born dumb

That some chieftaincy titles is older than the Oba monarchy e.g Oliha and Ero

that the Oliha family greet Laogele as their morning greeting

That the Ero Family greet Lamosun as their morning greeting

That the Oba palace was brought to Ogbe by Oba Ewedo ( the Sixth Oba of Benin )

That the word " Omonoba n Edo uku akpolokpolo" means " the child who is king over the great kingdom of Benin/ the child who shines to the great kingdom of Benin" depending on the way you pronounce the word.

That Oba Ewedo is considered the second greatest Oba after Ewuare 1

That the brain behind the Benin moat was brought by Oba Oguola

that the greatest Oba of Benin ever was Oba Ewuare 1440 to about 1485

that the longest time Oba of Benin is Oba Akengbuda 54 years

that Oba Ezoti ruled as Oba for t14 days which make him the shortest oba to rule Benin

that Oba Ehengbuda was born with both male and female organs

That the word Edo became a general name in 1440 ( done by Oba Ewuare 1)

that 3 Oba of Benin was not buried in ogbe
Oba Ewuare1: isi
Oba Orhogbua: drawn in Lagos lagoon
Oba Ovoranmwen Nogbaisi: Calabar

that Oba Ewuare 1 balanced the chieftaincy system in Benin

That the unnoticed "City" always added to Benin I.e Benin city was done by the early explorers of Africa at about 1500

That the Portuguese were the first to visit Benin in 1485

that the Holy Aruosa church of Benin was built in 1516

That Idia is the mother of osawe A.k.a Oba Esigie

That Idia is the first queen mother to see her son crown king

That Esans have been the most queen mother of Benin

That the giant Arhuan is the elder brother of Oba
Esigie

That Oba Ozolua is the father of both Arhuan and Oba Esigie

That Arhuans mother was Okhomi

That the Benin moat was fully completed by Oba Ewuare 1

That the first Ezomo of Benin was an Esan man (Ehuan)

That the Ezomo family greet Lagiesan as their morning greeting

That Benin kingdom is more than 2000 years oldAnd

That the Benin empire started in 1440 and ended in 1897

That Oba Ovoranmwen Nogbaisi was crown in 1888, exiled in 1897,transit in 1914 in Calabar

That the current Oba palace is four times smaller than the way it use to be before 1897

that the current palace was built by Oba Eweka 11

That Orhionmwon LGA is the home to all Benin queen mothers

That Benin have recorded 40 Obas since inception

That the current Oba of Benin is Oba Ewuare 11 crown 20/10/2016

OBA GHA TO KPERE
EDO GHA TO KPERE

ISEEEE

4 Likes

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by kvngmaxy(m): 8:36am On Sep 14, 2020
Great Benin kingdom

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by AreaFada2: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:
this thread is to relate everyone to the height of Benin as a kingdom.

now to the list of the day DID YOU KNOW THAT:

Benin is also called Igodomigodo historically

Igodomigodo's first ruler is Igodo ?

That Igodomigodo means " kings give birth to king"

The ceremonial Edo Ada and Eben sword was initiated by Ogiso Ere who was the second Ogiso after Igodo at about 66AD

That the known oldest quarter in Benin is Ugbekun quarter because Ogiso palace was in this area

that the last Ogiso of Benin is Owodo about 1130

That there was 31 Ogisos before the Oba monarchy

That the Ogiamien family is the son of Evian

That the Ogiso family greet Laiso as their morning greeting

That the Oba family greet Lamogun as their morning greeting

that the Ogiamien family greets Laire as their morning greeting

that the Oba monarchy start about 1200

That Oba Eweka 1 was born dumb

That some chieftaincy titles is older than the Oba monarchy e.g Oliha and Ero

that the Oliha family greet Laogele as their morning greeting

That the Ero Family greet Lamosun as their morning greeting

That the Oba palace was brought to Ogbe by Oba Ewedo ( the Sixth Oba of Benin )

That the word " Omonoba n Edo uku akpolokpolo" means " the child who is king over the great kingdom of Benin/ the child who shines to the great kingdom of Benin" depending on the way you pronounce the word.

That Oba Ewedo is considered the second greatest Oba after Ewuare 1

That the brain behind the Benin moat was brought by Oba Oguola

that the greatest Oba of Benin ever was Oba Ewuare 1440 to about 1485

that the longest time Oba of Benin is Oba Akengbuda 54 years

that Oba Ezoti is the short time Oba of Benin 14 days

that Oba Ehengbuda was born with both male and female organs

That the word Edo became a general name in 1440 ( done by Oba Ewuare 1)

that 3 Oba of Benin was not buried in ogbe
Oba Ewuare1: isi
Oba Orhogbua: drawn in Lagos lagoon
Oba Ovoranmwen Nogbaisi: Calabar

that Oba Ewuare 1 balanced the chieftaincy system in Benin

That the unnoticed "City" always added to Benin I.e Benin city was done by the early explorers of Africa at about 1500

That the Portuguese were the first to visit Benin in 1485

that the Holy Aruosa church of Benin was built in 1516

That Idia is the mother of osawe A.k.a Oba Esigie

That Idia is the first queen mother to see her son crown king

That Esans have been the most queen mother of Benin

That the giant Arhuan is the elder brother of Oba

Esigie

That Oba Ozolua is the father of both Arhuan and Oba Esigie

That Arhuans mother was Okhomi

That the Benin moat was fully completed by Oba Ewuare 1

That the first Ezomo of Benin was an Esan man (Ehuan)

That the Ezomo family greet Lagiesan as their morning greeting

That Benin kingdom is more than 2000 years old

That the Benin empire started in 1440 and ended in 1897

That Oba Ovoranmwen Nogbaisi was crown in 1888, exiled in 1897,transit in 1914 in Calabar

That the current Oba palace is four times smaller than the way it use to be before 1897

that the current palace was built by Oba Eweka 11

That Orhionmwon LGA is the home to all Benin queen mothers

That Benin have recorded 40 Obas since inception

That the current Oba of Benin is Oba Ewuare 11 crown 20/10/2016

OBA GHA TO KPERE
EDO GHA TO KPERE

ISEEEE
I see!
Slight correction. Oba Ewuare reigned from 1440 to 1473/74. Certainly by 1475 Oba Olua was ruling. By 1480 the son of Oba Olua called Prince Iginuwa was sent to the seaside to become Ogiame or Lord of the Seas in what is now Ode Itsekhiri.

Oba Oguola began the building of moats and ramparts around Benin. He reigned from 1280 to 1295.

Oba Ewuare extended and improved them from 1440 AD.

Benin moats are long considered the biggest civil engineering work on earth. Until more part of Wall of China was recently excavated.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 11:13am On Sep 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

I see!
Slight correction. Oba Ewuare reigned from 1440 to 1473/74. Certainly by 1475 Oba Olua was ruling. By 1480 the son of Oba Olua called Prince Iginuwa was sent to the seaside to become Ogiame or Lord of the Seas in what is now Ode Itsekhiri.

Oba Oguola began the building of moats and ramparts around Benin. He reigned from 1280 to 1295.

Oba Ewuare extended and improved them from
1440 AD.

Benin moats are long considered the biggest civil engineering work on earth. Until more part of Wall of China was recently excavated.

on point Areafada
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 11:43am On Sep 14, 2020
We should also learn to separate myth from truth particularly we the new generation

The ogiso ruled when they were no sun or moon,

The ogiso story is a benin mythical story of their origin,

It was always oba we had as rulers dont just do copy and paste

We keep telling stories with myth attached to the truth, that's why the benin-ife myth can survive

Ogiso were mythical stories told to make the empire look old, the benin migrated to this region
Long ago from the niger benue regions, and they
All once lived as different clans till, probably eweka the first, organized the various autonomous benin settlement as a kingdom, even through out history some benin villages were autonomous like uselu, udo, it took later obas to conquer them through war to bring them full under benin......

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 12:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:
We should also learn to separate myth from truth particularly we the new generation

The ogiso ruled when they were no sun or moon,

The ogiso story is a benin mythical story of their origin,

It was always oba we had as rulers dont just do copy and paste

We keep telling stories with myth attached to the truth, that's why the benin-ife myth can survive

Ogiso were mythical stories told to make the empire look old, the benin migrated to this region
Long ago from the niger benue regions, and they
All once lived as different clans till, probably eweka the first, organized the various autonomous benin settlement as a kingdom, even through out history some benin villages were autonomous like uselu, udo, it took later obas to conquer them through war to bring them full under benin......

bro I have no time to argue with you because I have always read some of your argument with Taoa11 and others but I have some few question for you if you believe the ogiso is a myth

why do we have Ogiso market just like Oba market in Benin

tell me how was the Ere deified to god in Benin just like sango

when was Benin called Igodomigodo and what monarch ruled

it is obvious that Benin was already settled before Oba monarchy tell me then which monarchy

do you know that the two most oldest market in Benin is Agbado and ogiso markets?

look I really understand why you believe it's myth but the only part that is myth is saying that Igodo
fell from the sky which is obviously not possible but that doesn't mean it was not there. just like my fellow compatriot " iyi Eweka and others I have dedicated most of my time into many Edo cultures both physically,theoretically up to this date. although personally I will not stress my self to elaborate if you don't want to agree but please answer those question constructively I don't mean argue, rather answer the question and ask any question if you wish. thanks for your time gregyboy you are noticed
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

bro I have no time to argue with you because I have always read some of your argument with Taoa11 and others but I have some few question for you if you believe the ogiso is a myth

why do we have Ogiso market just like Oba market in Benin

tell me how was the Ere deified to god in Benin just like sango

when was Benin called Igodomigodo and what monarch ruled

it is obvious that Benin was already settled before Oba monarchy tell me then which monarchy

do you know that the two most oldest market in Benin is Agbado and ogiso markets?

look I really understand why you believe it's myth but the only part that is myth is saying that Igodo
fell from the sky which is obviously not possible but that doesn't mean it was not there. just like my fellow compatriot " iyi Eweka and others I have dedicated most of my time into many Edo cultures both physically,theoretically up to this date. although personally I will not stress my self to elaborate if you don't want to agree but please answer those question constructively I don't mean argue, rather answer the question and ask any question if you wish. thanks for your time gregyboy you are noticed

Tell me my edo brother, which benin research have you done, because the research i see you carried out was on pure oral benin history.....

You believe on the Oduduwa craps right.....

Ok

Ogiso were sky kings which you think their of origin may have been false but you still insisted they ruled, when the name actually says says rulers,

So you mean sky rulers came to rule men and they became mortar and died then oromiyan came to replace them as oba.

You be yoruba man stop pretending as an edo person

Agabado market is the oldest market how did you come to this evidence oral accounts i guess, how do we know the oral account is correct have there been any archeological evidence stating so, or you just want me be to believe in the oral account because it says so, abi

What if ere was called an oba not ogiso,

Is there any tribe who once or still refered to benin as igodomigodo

Because history also made it know that eken who ruled uselu in the early 1800Ad had to be killed by the oba of benin to fully extend his rule to uselu, meaning not all benin were united 200yrs ago not leaving udo behind

Not forgetting

The Europeans also documented that benins believes the ogiso had ruled when they were no sun or moons

So what happened to ogiso and how come the oba in benin
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Tell me my edo brother, which benin research have you done, because the research i see you carried out was on pure oral benin history.....

You believe on the Oduduwa craps right.....

Ok

Ogiso were sky kings which you think their of origin may have been false but you still insisted they ruled, when the name actually says says rulers,

So you mean sky rulers came to rule men and they became mortar and died then oromiyan came to replace them as oba.

You be yoruba man stop pretending as an edo person

Agabado market is the oldest market how did you come to this evidence oral accounts i guess, how do we know the oral account is correct have there been any archeological evidence stating so, or you just want me be to believe in the oral account because it says so, abi

What if ere was called an oba not ogiso,

Is there any tribe who once or still refered to benin as igodomigodo

Because history also made it know that eken who ruled uselu in the early 1800Ad had to be killed by the oba of benin to fully extend his rule to uselu, meaning not all benin were united 200yrs ago not leaving udo behind

Not forgetting

The Europeans also documented that benins believes the ogiso had ruled when they were no sun or moons

So what happened to ogiso and how come the oba in benin

I really love your words, any way am a 100% pure Edo man my mother is a branch of the famous Ogierunmwanbo N oka in Oka upper sokponba road Benin city my father is the offspring of Ogiute of Ute in Orhionmwon LGA and my morning greeting is Lagite so am a pure Edo man.

first of all I love a point you raise that "they ruled in a time of no sun and moon" so I really believe you understand figure of speech and as a result I will also believe that you will think deeply That the word sun and moon is referring to the total dark age of Africa as the European will also say.

if you say no tribe still call it Igodomigodo it means that innerly you believe That it was once there that is why you made use of the word STILL and for the one that once called it Igodomigodo, the Benin people called themselves and are still calling themselves till date please observe very well if you are in Benin,. and for that of other tribe they have their various way of calling Benin e.g Urhobo "aka",agbor "idu" , Ancient Ondo and Ekiti "Ado" etc the only tribe that don't have what they call Benin are those that didn't come in contact with them.

The recording of the obas are done with various items and in parables and in the palace of the Oba of Benin we have what we call Ukhure nikaro
(hope you understand it meaning) representing each Oba that have ruled. so IGODO,ERE,ORIRE,ODIA,EFESEKE,ETEBOWE, up to OWODO are all ogiso that ruled Benin during it dark age.

The Oba system came through Ikalederhan the last son of ogiso Owodo who was banish courtesy Esagho to be killed please to cut it short he survived to Uhe and became king and all the rest ok. ? and at the end the son coming back to rule. you see I know my history and I don't argue with people in order for them to believe me as you constantly do with TAO11.

As for Agbado I will beg you to ask any true Benin historian or research yourself to confirm what market is the first known market I'm benin. Buttressing: the word Agbado mean "trading together" a name derive from the complete coming together of the people.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by TAO11(f): 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:
I really love your words, any way am a 100% pure Edo man my mother is a branch of the famous Ogierunmwanbo N oka in Oka upper sokponba road Benin city my father is the offspring of Ogiute of Ute in Orhionmwon LGA and my morning greeting is Lagite so am a pure Edo man.

first of all I love a point you raise that "they ruled in a time of no sun and moon" so I really believe you understand figure of speech and as a result I will also believe that you will think deeply That the word sun and moon is referring to the total dark age of Africa as the European will also say.

if you say no tribe still call it Igodomigodo it means that innerly you believe That it was once there that is why you made use of the word STILL and for the one that once called it Igodomigodo, the Benin people called themselves and are still calling themselves till date please observe very well if you are in Benin,. and for that of other tribe they have their various way of calling Benin e.g Urhobo "aka",agbor "idu" , Ancient Ondo and Ekiti "Ado" etc the only tribe that don't have what they call Benin are those that didn't come in contact with them.

The recording of the obas are done with various items and in parables and in the palace of the Oba of Benin we have what we call Ukhure nikaro
(hope you understand it meaning) representing each Oba that have ruled. so IGODO,ERE,ORIRE,ODIA,EFESEKE,ETEBOWE, up to OWODO are all ogiso that ruled Benin during it dark age.

The Oba system came through Ikalederhan the last son of ogiso Owodo who was banish courtesy Esagho to be killed please to cut it short he survived to Uhe and became king and all the rest ok. ? and at the end the son coming back to rule. you see I know my history and I don't argue with people in order for them to believe me as you constantly do with TAO11.

As for Agbado I will beg you to ask any true Benin historian or research yourself to confirm what market is the first known market I'm benin. Buttressing: the word Agbado mean "trading together" a name derive from the complete coming together of the people.
Stop mentioning me kid.

Ekaladerhan did not resurrect from Ughoton. That is where he lived his life.

Your Ekaladerhan is not Oduduwa. Search for your Ekaladerhan in Ughoton graves.

The earliest documented account about Ekaladerhan in the year 1903 states clearly the Binis eventually allowed him his independence at Ughoton — the only condition they gave was that he is not allowed to return to Benin.

The extant, classical and “official” Benin account is that Ife founded your Oba monarchy.

It wasn’t until the 1970s that some fraudulent Binis tried to reverse the connection and then claim that Ekalderhan is Oduduwa.

Of course they couldn’t cite a single source for their strange story, nor could they name a single informant.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:
Stop mentioning me kid.

The earliest documented account about Ekaladerhan in the year 1903 states clearly the Binis eventually allowed him his independence at Ughoton — the only condition they gave was that he is not allowed to return to Benin.

The extant, classical and “official” Benin account is that Ife founded your Oba monarchy.

It wasn’t until the 1970s that some fraudulent Binis tried to reverse the connection and then claim that Ekalderhan is Oduduwa.

Of course they couldn’t cite a single source for their strange story, nor could they name a single informant.

ok thanks for your time I hope you will go with me to ughoton old man ?

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by TAO11(f): 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

ok thanks for your time I hope you will go with me to ughoton old man ?
No I don’t have any need to search for your Ekaladerhan you poor helpless little girl.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

I see you are trying to twist and turn

The European document didnt use any figure of speech there, all they did was to repeat what the benin had told them, the ogiso ruling in the times when they were no sun or moon on earth....
If there were to use a fiqure of speech it would be called darkage meaning times of little knowledge,

2) agbado has nothing to make it identify it was made in the ogiso era than oral accounts, which could be altered to fit into what they needed to tell to pass an information, but how do we tell agbado was truly established by ogiso, is there anything unique that makes ogiso market,

Note am trying not to use archeological samples on benin on this argument because if i do, this discussion we be long over before it even started
If there is need be, i will have to bring it,

3), idu, ado and the others are abbreviations of the world edo and not igodomigodo, if there was to be an abbreviations for igodomigodo it will be
Igodo, godo, odo and not what the other way round

4) are you aware of the first ekaladeran story giving in 1903, or are you just reciting the one modified by oba Erediauwa

Ekalderhan story ended at ughoton, probably since he was of royal blood is son eweka rose to fight for his stool, and became oba eweka, not changing any tittle, because oba has always been the title

The screenshot didn't say ekaladeran escaped to uhe that was oba Erediauwa addition for his supremacy battle with yorubas

Please my edo brother when we are discussing, oral traditions is allowed but backed them up with written documents and evidence, oral account is not just enough or even archeological findings

Like you claim agbado market was formed during the ogiso era, do you have prove to it, or written document that can atest to it a written document as old as 200yrs old , probably the benins told the Europeans same thing during their trade, because i dont see anything to attribute that market to sky kings who ruled during the time of no sun or moon

Just as you agree that there were ogisos same as ghostwon a benin like you dont believe that shit, same as i,

Do well to prove us wrong.....

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

I see you are trying to twist and turn

The European document didnt use any figure of speech there, all they did was to repeat what the benin had told them, the ogiso ruling in the times when they were no sun or moon on earth....
If there were to use a fiqure of speech it would be called darkage meaning times of little knowledge,

2) agbado has nothing to make it identify it was made in the ogiso era than oral accounts, which could be altered to fit into what they needed to tell to pass an information, but how do we tell agbado was truly established by ogiso, is there anything unique that makes ogiso market,

Note am trying not to use archeological samples on benin on this argument because if i do, this discussion we be long over before it even started
If there is need be, i will have to bring it,

3), idu, ado and the others are abbreviations of the world edo and not igodomigodo, if there was to be an abbreviations for igodomigodo it will be
Igodo, godo, odo and not what the other way round

4) are you aware of the first ekaladeran story giving in 1903, or are you just reciting the one modified by oba Erediauwa

Ekalderhan story ended at ughoton, probably since he was of royal blood is son eweka rose to fight for his stool, and became oba eweka, not changing any tittle, because oba has always been the title

The screenshot didn't say ekaladeran escaped to uhe that was oba Erediauwa addition for his supremacy battle with yorubas

Please my edo brother when we are discussing, oral traditions is allowed but backed them up with written documents and evidence, oral account is not just enough or even archeological findings

Like you claim agbado market was formed during the ogiso era, do you have prove to it, or written document that can atest to it a written document as old as 200yrs old , probably the benins told the Europeans same thing during their trade, because i dont see anything to attribute that market to sky kings who ruled during the time of no sun or moon

Just as you agree that there were ogisos same as ghostwon a benin like you dont believe that shit, same as i,

Do well to prove us wrong.....

thanks for your right up but as you can seen I will leave my case in order for both of us not to argue more online if it was to be face to face we could have go more deeper.

but please one thing you have to review properly is that ogiso dynasty was real but if you don't believe that will not be a problem to me.
thank you for your time brother

tu gha tu to mwen saka baba
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

thanks for your right up but as you can seen I will leave my case in order for both of us not to argue more online if it was to be face to face we could have go more deeper.

but please one thing you have to review properly is that ogiso dynasty was real but if you don't believe that will not be a problem to me.
thank you for your time brother

tu gha tu to mwen saka baba

Igbise yor,

But i still want you to bring prove they existed even if you have non now, i will be waiting,

Facts change what we once believed, but if you dont have solid prove to their existence then read more on benin history,

They are some mistakes you made up there on your write up i decided to let it slip because i understand it was copy and paste

Am a researcher on benin history, i plan to visit the palace too someday to place our history more accurately and deviod of myth....
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Igbise yor,

But i still want you to bring prove they existed even if you have non now, i will be waiting,

Facts change what we once believed, but if you dont have solid prove to their existence then read more on benin history,

They are some mistakes you made up there on your write up i decided to let it slip because i understand it was copy and paste

Am a researcher on benin history, i plan to visit the palace too someday to place our history more accurately and deviod of myth....

thank you my brother

please I will love to know those errors and I don't copy and paste everything I right here on naira land is directly from my head and personal typing.

but personally I would believe that your that it could be true that ikalederhan ended at ughoton but that's a topic for another day. but if you believe ikalederham existed as a prince before him been betrayed don't you also think there was a king ? because to be a prince your father most be a king.

history is lovely when done constructively not insulting each other trying to prove worth.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by RedboneSmith(m): 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
This post says Orhogbua drowned in a lagoon, but all the history books I've read say it was his son Ehengbuda that drowned in the lagoon.

Egharevba also didn't say Ehengbuda was a hermaphrodite, but he implied that Ehengbuda's son Ohuan had some feminine traits.

Why these discrepancies?
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

thank you my brother

please I will love to know those errors and I don't copy and paste everything I right here on naira land is directly from my head and personal typing.

but personally I would believe that your that it could be true that ikalederhan ended at ughoton but that's a topic for another day. but if you believe ikalederham existed as a prince before him been betrayed don't you also think there was a king ? because to be a prince your father most be a king.

history is lovely when done constructively not insulting each other trying to prove worth.

Ekalderhan was a prince an is father was an oba
Not ogiso i dont believe ekaladeran story should even be related to eweka oba Erediauwa was the one who twisted ekaladeran history to explain thd origin of eweka, Ekaladerhan son probably left ughoton to later fight evain

Assiciating it with the origin of eweka is wrong,

Eweka history is simple he was the guy who organized the benin kingdom, probably displaced the corrupt feudal lords who ruled the various benin clan, and maybe those feudal lords may have nicknamed themselves sky kings, you should also understand that during the reigns of some benin earliest obas some part of benins were still independent

I want you to take benin history as an hobby start going deep i bet you, by yourself, you will see your errors, if you like this to debate TAO11 she will shame you, because she knows the benin history better than you,

If i may ask how many benin foreign and local historian do you know,

Am telling benin history from a research and possible narrative, deviod of myth benin were made of 55 families coming together under one ruler, called oba, probably eweka, ekaladeran history should not be associated with that of the origin of eweka, ekaladeran story ended at ekiogba treaty dont mind the spellings
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Ekalderhan was a prince an is father was an oba
Not ogiso i dont believe ekaladeran story should even be related to eweka oba Erediauwa was the one who twisted ekaladeran history to explain thd origin of eweka, Ekaladerhan son probably left ughoton to later fight evain

Assiciating it with the origin of eweka is wrong,

Eweka history is simple he was the guy who organized the benin kingdom, probably displaced the corrupt feudal lords who ruled the various benin clan, and maybe those feudal lords may have nicknamed themselves sky kings, you should also understand that during the reigns of some benin earliest obas some part of benins were still independent

I want you to take benin history as an hobby start going deep i bet you, by yourself, you will see your errors, if you like this to debate TAO11 she will shame you, because she knows the benin history better than you,

If i may ask how many benin foreign and local historian do you know,

Am telling benin history from a research and possible narrative, deviod of myth benin were made of 55 families coming together under one ruler, called oba, probably eweka, ekaladeran history should not be associated with that of the origin of eweka, ekaladeran story ended at ekiogba treaty dont mind the spellings

although I hate arguing about what I could have explain better if it were to be on ground but saying Tao11 know Benin history more than me is left for you maybe you know her physically but you don't know me either so please don't judge one-sided please .
And as for that of the ekiokpagha treaty you are saying I don't want to go further with all this arguments because you will not still agree

I really feel its high time all historical lovers of Edo to be having meeting even as association.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:
This post says Orhogbua drowned in a lagoon, but all the history books I've read say it was his son Ehengbuda that drowned in the lagoon.

Egharevba also didn't say Ehengbuda was a hermaphrodite, but he implied that Ehengbuda's son Ohuan had some feminine traits.

Why these discrepancies?

truthfully speaking I thought of it too at some point so thanks for the correction for that drowning in Lagos lagoon.

but for that of Ehengbuda being hermaphrodite its becoming obvious that it is difficult for you to believe things except the ones you have known
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

although I hate arguing about what I could have explain better if it were to be on ground but saying Tao11 know Benin history more than me is left for you maybe you know her physically but you don't know me either so please don't judge one-sided please .
And as for that of the ekiokpagha treaty you are saying I don't want to go further with all this arguments because you will not still agree

I really feel its high time all historical lovers of Edo to be having meeting even as association.

Even on real ground i wont still accept if you're not making sense so say it here, dump everything you think you know, let's see if truly, you worth it,

Say them bro we want to learn dont hide it,

I dont want to believe you're insecured i know edos not be an insecured except the yorubas
Like Tao11, Olu317 gomojam lawani snd the others
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Even on real ground i wont still accept if you're not making sense so say it here, dump everything you think you know, let's see if truly, you worth it,

Say them bro we want to learn dont hide it,

I dont want to believe you're insecured i know edos not be an insecured except the yorubas
Like Tao11, Olu317 gomojam lawani snd the others

please if you have noticed me you will understand I hate arguing so going Ekiokpagha treaty of Oba Ewedo I know you will still argue is not advice able. talking of security I know how secure I am personally I don't know of other tribe.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

please if you have noticed me you will understand I hate arguing so going Ekiokpagha treaty of Oba Ewedo I know you will still argue is not advice able. talking of security I know how secure I am personally I don't know of other tribe.

Ok. Pm then lets take it to whatsapp we can use voice note
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 5:22pm On Sep 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Ok. Pm then lets take it to whatsapp we can use voice note
ok that would be great but not today please �
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by RedboneSmith(m): 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

truthfully speaking I thought of it too at some point so thanks for the correction for that drowning in Lagos lagoon.

but for that of Ehengbuda being hermaphrodite its becoming obvious that it is difficult for you to believe things except the ones you have known

I don't understand what you mean by this bolded. I was only raising a question based on what I read from Egharevba. I wasn't telling you Ehengbuda was or was not hermaphrodite. It's not my history to tell. My comment was phrased in form of a question.
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 5:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
RedboneSmith:

I don't understand what you mean by this bolded. I was only raising a question based on what I read from Egharevba. I wasn't telling you Ehengbuda was or was not hermaphrodite. It's not my history to tell. My comment was phrased in form of a question.

frankly speaking I thought you to be somebody else so am sorry if i get your question wrongly please recap
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:
Stop mentioning me kid.

Bro, just know I follow all your posts, the mod banned me during the "Ogane" thread, for a month but I still read your posts and love the way you strike fear into their heart with the truth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Bro, just know I follow all your posts, the mod banned me during the "Ogane" thread, for a month but I still read your posts and love the way you strike fear into their heart with the truth.

��
but one point of correction
Tao11 is a woman ��

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by TAO11(f): 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Lol @ strike fear.

Weytin we go do? We sha no fit leave dem to dey lie dey go. grin

May be if I leave Naiaraland sha oo. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by Etrusen(m): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:
Lol @ strike fear.
Weytin we go do, we sha no fit leave dem to dey lie dey go.

always on point
Re: Did You Know Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
Etrusen:

always on point

So you're yoruba lol.....

AreaFada2
Etinosa1234
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Samuk

Are the yorubas this desperate

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Of Benin by gregyboy(m): 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
TAO11:
Lol @ strike fear.

Weytin we go do, we sha no fit leave dem to dey lie dey go.

Am still waiting for my answers before you start claiming biase praises,

MinorityOpinion is even is even yoruba lol...

Gregyboy is here to chase the cowards off their lands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sleeping On Duty:pictures / Where Are You Spending Your Xmas? / IGALA Cultural Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.