Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans (18817 Views)

Uk-based Nollywood Actress, Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday / Nollywood Actress, Princess Elizabeth Onanuga To Premiere New Movie ‘too Much' / Uk-based Nollywood Actress, Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Caseless: 9:48am On Dec 15, 2017
martineverest:
well said, even tho I'm a Christian
thanks, bro.
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by chibuzorAbia: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2017
Poor people having too many children = beggars
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2017
I can see some Muslims suddenly claiming to be Christians just to make a point. SMH.
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by HajimeSaito(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2017
It never fails to amuse me that 99% of all beggars in Nigeria are followers of the head slamming religion.
Maybe that's why so many of them end up as suicide bombers eventually. They simply can't deal with the reality that their "god" is a liar. grin

Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Nukilia: 9:52am On Dec 15, 2017
festwiz:
I usually get conflicting feelings when i see public displays of charity. I can't be the only one, or am i?

Don't get it twisted, she's teaching others to do good. People learn better by teaching them how its done. If all the rich we have in Nigeria do things like this, we'll have a better society. Religious masking has not helped anyone.

1 Like

Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by joenor(m): 9:54am On Dec 15, 2017
Nice one.
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by erico2k2(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2017
festwiz:
I usually get conflicting feelings when i see public displays of charity. I can't be the only one, or am i?
Charity is charity making it publoc instigates others to do more . There is harm in hiding good deeds

1 Like

Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Achorise: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2017
lazygal:

Muslims do not show when althey assist others. Public show off is condemned in Islam .are we doing it for God or public to c. So we don't need to come out and show .if we did,trust me u would be shocked as to the magnitude
God bless you, that is what most Christian fail to understand. I love so many churches who do these without cameras.
That is one aspect Daddy Freeze fails to see and most people who do not understand biblical principles.
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by tsdarkside(m): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2017
beggars are too many....you go tire..atleast somebody is doing something.... undecided.....
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Feanah(f): 10:22am On Dec 15, 2017
lazygal:

Muslims do not show when althey assist others. Public show off is condemned in Islam .are we doing it for God or public to c. So we don't need to come out and show .if we did,trust me u would be shocked as to the magnitude
Well said
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by kingphoenix10: 10:25am On Dec 15, 2017
First and Foremost, let's remove religious sentiment from our minds. Yes giving silently is good mostly signifies good intentions but has also been used by criminals to launder money or appease their conscience. Applies also to giving publicly. We don't know her intentions but at least she gave. If we all came out to give no matter how small I think it will be good for us as a nation not coming to debate camera or no camera
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by omoleka(f): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
DOUBLEWAHALA:
if u hear "beggers" northerns comes to mind

she could've went to motherless babies home or IDP camp and donate all this things than giving it to a grown ass man sitting by the road side

how many times have a Muslim person came out publicly like this to help their people

Moslems do more but they don't publicize it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Feanah(f): 10:35am On Dec 15, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:

she could've went to motherless babies home or IDP camp and donate all this things than giving it to a grown ass man sitting by the road side

how many times have a Muslim person came out publicly like this to help their people

Good doesn't need you to make your charity public,He sees without the need of cameras or media.If you're truly doing it for His sake and not trying to show off,you should know better to conceal your acts.
Agree or not,people that like making their acts of kindness public in most cases do it to make themselves look good.If not, why will you donate to your place of worship,orphanage etc and want to be publicly known.Many people that give charity require their names be announced publicly, 'Mr/Ms so & so donated blah blah ....'
The best kind of charity is the one only you & your God know about,afterall all the reward you'll get from Him exceeds the public praises by far.
No reasonable , humble person;Muslim or christain,should have a habit of making his/her acts of goodness public.
Let's try and clean our hearts

Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Ayomideen(m): 10:44am On Dec 15, 2017
[quote author=Samusu post=63295031][/quote]
MashaAllah this response made my day

1 Like

Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by bizinfo93: 10:50am On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by profbeejay(m): 10:58am On Dec 15, 2017
what a nice woman, God bless you according to your intension.

I buy/sell Bitcoin and iTunes gift card at a very good rate better than some exchangers.

keep bringing, am Still buying good rate and swift payment is guaranteed.

contact me via my signature
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Kulas: 11:03am On Dec 15, 2017
loganx:
You don't give alms and and make a show out of it - that is the highest level of hypocrisy.

Tell me how this is a hypocrisy. The lady in question knew that she can do it out of camera but the reason to show it on camera is like practical spreading a gospel on "CARE FOR THE POOR AND HELP THE NEEDY" through social media.This is what we need in this country.Many can spend lavishly millions of naira for birthday just to do show that is not beneficial to fellow mankind.There are people that have in excess,yet they cant remember that there are those that cant afford a one day meal.They cant remember that there are those languishing in poverty.So thats the reason behind the camera show and not hypocrisy.
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:

most you involve religion
try to be responsible for once
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by AstuteAyo(m): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:

see how u think
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by daymol(m): 1:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
that's great
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by LeanonGOD(m): 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
Wise Comment - Her good deed will encourage many not to waste money on big celebrations but to do the Right thing according to Matthew 25:34-40.
Threebear:
Some will say she did it for the cameras, but a good deed is a good deed whatever the intention, some people benefitted from it and that's all that matters.
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by LeanonGOD(m): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
Have you ran out of your medication? smh.
DOUBLEWAHALA:

Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
for me I will prefer using that money to buy working tools for those old men and women. or rather make them a shalter where then can fed for themselves.
Re: Princess Elizabeth Onanuga Celebrates Birthday With Lagos Beggars, Orphans by ola753(f): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
He will surely reward her.]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yul Edochie Reacts To 'Lack Of Love' In Nollywood / Comedian, Alibaba Shows Off His Muscles (Photo) / Jay-Z, Beyonce Lose Trademark Battle For 'Blue Ivy' Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.