Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Father Tells Young Daughter Not To Worry About Sexual Abuse As ‘jehovah Sees ... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Tells Young Daughter Not To Worry About Sexual Abuse As ‘jehovah Sees ... (1189 Views)

I Started Having Threesomes At Age 3 - Doctor Narrates Sexual Abuse Ordeal / No Sex, No School Fee – Father Tells Daughter / I Sleep With My 13-year-old Daughter Because Of Her Beauty, Father Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Tells Young Daughter Not To Worry About Sexual Abuse As ‘jehovah Sees ... by ChristianFreedo(m): 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
Father tells young daughter not to worry about sexual abuse as ‘Jehovah sees everything and will sort it out,’ court hears
Court Reporter Ken McGregor, The Advertiser, August 27, 2014 6:12am

Source: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/father-tells-young-daughter-not-to-worry-about-sexual-abuse-as-jehovah-sees-everything-and-will-sort-it-out-court-hears/news-story/4df140ee2568cb4eca45421e0b890ec1

[img]http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/f59c44af01c8082a4557f759e499c9a0?width=1024[/img]
Henricus Stephanus Landmeter outside the District Court

THE religious father of a young girl who complained about being sexually abused by a fellow devotee told his daughter not to worry because “Jehovah sees everything, he will sort it out”, a court has heard.

Henricus Stephanus Landmeter, 77, of Para Hills West, had been found guilty of the persistent sexual exploitation of a child between 1992 and 1998.

The District Court today heard the girl was abused on more than 100 occasions between the ages of seven and 13 by Landmeter, who remains in “defiant denial” of his crimes.

In her victim impact statement read to the court, the woman, who now has children of her own, says Landmeter preyed on her while she was “young, innocent and impressionable” and used his religion to mask his crimes.

“You ... took advantage of a little girl who parents were, and still are, blinded by their faith and you found religion to be a very effective means to get away with your vile behaviour,” she said.

She said she was left confused and numb as the first attack occurred.

“I didn’t know any better, Jehovah's Witnesses grow up being told all fellow Jehovah's Witnesses are to be trusted — even more so than your blood relatives.

“I thought I was being silly, I thought I was overacting whereas my father said: ‘Jehovah sees everything, he will sort it out’.”

The woman said she had come to court to tell Landmeter he could not hide from his crimes anymore.

“I'm here to stand up and represent every little girl you have potentially stolen from and to make sure you steal no more.”

She said Landmeter had shown no remorse and she doubted he thought what he did to her was wrong.

“This is what is most disturbing to me,’’ she said.

“It frightens me to see the contempt on you and your wife’s faces each time I cross your paths.

“I take comfort that when I leave here today I will never think of either of you again.”

Trevor Wedding, for Landmeter, asked the court to suspend any sentence imposed due to his client’s age and deteriorating health.

But prosecutor Jeff Powell said Landmeter had shown no remorse for his crimes, they were committed over a long time, and only stopped when the victim was old enough to remove herself from danger.

He said these factors outweighed any possibility of suspending Landmeter’s sentence.

Judge Julie McIntyre remanded him on continuing bail to be sentenced later this week.
Re: Father Tells Young Daughter Not To Worry About Sexual Abuse As ‘jehovah Sees ... by RemedyLab: 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
Jehovah sees?
Re: Father Tells Young Daughter Not To Worry About Sexual Abuse As ‘jehovah Sees ... by Shedrack777: 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
let this man be punished
Re: Father Tells Young Daughter Not To Worry About Sexual Abuse As ‘jehovah Sees ... by vchykp(m): 5:54am On Dec 16, 2017
That should be his family palava, am here to read relevant tinx
Re: Father Tells Young Daughter Not To Worry About Sexual Abuse As ‘jehovah Sees ... by calddon(m): 10:16am On Dec 18, 2017
ChristianFreedo:
Father tells young daughter not to worry about sexual abuse as ‘Jehovah sees everything and will sort it out,’ court hears
Court Reporter Ken McGregor, The Advertiser, August 27, 2014 6:12am

Source: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/father-tells-young-daughter-not-to-worry-about-sexual-abuse-as-jehovah-sees-everything-and-will-sort-it-out-court-hears/news-story/4df140ee2568cb4eca45421e0b890ec1

[img]http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/f59c44af01c8082a4557f759e499c9a0?width=1024[/img]
Henricus Stephanus Landmeter outside the District Court

THE religious father of a young girl who complained about being sexually abused by a fellow devotee told his daughter not to worry because “Jehovah sees everything, he will sort it out”, a court has heard.

Henricus Stephanus Landmeter, 77, of Para Hills West, had been found guilty of the persistent sexual exploitation of a child between 1992 and 1998.

The District Court today heard the girl was abused on more than 100 occasions between the ages of seven and 13 by Landmeter, who remains in “defiant denial” of his crimes.

In her victim impact statement read to the court, the woman, who now has children of her own, says Landmeter preyed on her while she was “young, innocent and impressionable” and used his religion to mask his crimes.

“You ... took advantage of a little girl who parents were, and still are, blinded by their faith and you found religion to be a very effective means to get away with your vile behaviour,” she said.

She said she was left confused and numb as the first attack occurred.

“I didn’t know any better, Jehovah's Witnesses grow up being told all fellow Jehovah's Witnesses are to be trusted — even more so than your blood relatives.

“I thought I was being silly, I thought I was overacting whereas my father said: ‘Jehovah sees everything, he will sort it out’.”

The woman said she had come to court to tell Landmeter he could not hide from his crimes anymore.

“I'm here to stand up and represent every little girl you have potentially stolen from and to make sure you steal no more.”

She said Landmeter had shown no remorse and she doubted he thought what he did to her was wrong.

“This is what is most disturbing to me,’’ she said.

“It frightens me to see the contempt on you and your wife’s faces each time I cross your paths.

“I take comfort that when I leave here today I will never think of either of you again.”

Trevor Wedding, for Landmeter, asked the court to suspend any sentence imposed due to his client’s age and deteriorating health.

But prosecutor Jeff Powell said Landmeter had shown no remorse for his crimes, they were committed over a long time, and only stopped when the victim was old enough to remove herself from danger.

He said these factors outweighed any possibility of suspending Landmeter’s sentence.

Judge Julie McIntyre remanded him on continuing bail to be sentenced later this week.

Your trying so hard to bring dust on a unique and peacefull organization whose only crime is to preach and abide by the truth as written in the bible....If ur right ur efforts will c results but if ur wrong u will continue to fail and the wrath of Jehovah will fall on u.

(1) (Reply)

RIP:2 ABSU Final Year Students Drown 2 Days To Their Final Exam In Ebonyi / PHOTOS: EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Internet Fraudsters / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Tutuwa In Taraba, Killed Many (graphic Images 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.