Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. (1288 Views)

See How Bishop T.D Jakes Celebrated The Birthday Of His Grandson Malachi Jakes / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by Pyrusdrago(m): 11:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
Malachi 3 is the Most Abused Tithing Text in the Bible.

The false teaching about tithes from Malachi 3 ignores five important Bible facts.

(1) Malachi is Old Covenant context and is never quoted in the New Covenant to validate tithing (Lev. 27:34; Neh. 10:28, 29; Mal. 3:7; 4:4).

(2) In 1:6; 2:1 and 3:1-5, Malachi is very clearly addressed to dishonest priests who are cursed because they had stolen the best offerings from God.

(3) The Levitical cities must be considered and Jerusalem was not a Levitical city (Josh 20, 21). It makes no sense to teach that 100% of the tithe was brought to the Temple when most Levites and priests did not live in Jerusalem.

(4) In Malachi 3:10-11 tithes are still only food (Lev. 27:30-33).

(5) The 24 courses of Levites and priests must also be considered. Beginning with King David and King Solomon, they were divided into 24 families. These divisions were also put into place in Malachi’s time by Ezra and Nehemiah. Since normally only one family served in the Temple for only one week at a time, there was absolutely no reason to send ALL of the tithe to the Temple when 98% of those it was designed to feed were still in the Levitical cities (1 Chron. 24-26; 28:13, 21; 2 Chron. 8:14; 23:8; 31:2, 15-19; 35:4, 5, 10; Ezra 6:18; Neh. 11:19, 30; 12:24; 13:9, 10; Luke 1:5).

Therefore, when the context of the Levitical cities, the 24 families of priests, under-age children, wives, Numbers 18:20-28, 2 Chronicles 31:15-19, Nehemiah 10-13, and all of Malachi are all evaluated, only about 2% of the total first tithe was normally required at the Temple in Jerusalem.
Both the blessing and the curse of Malachi 3:9-11 only lasted for Israelites until the Old Covenant ended at Calvary. Malachi’s audience had willingly reaffirmed the Old Covenant (Neh.10:28, 29). “Cursed be he that confirms not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen” (Deut. 27:26 quoted in Gal. 3:10). And Jesus ended the curse. “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree” (Gal. 3:13).

Today the very lowest income class pays the largest percentage to charity. Yet most remain in poverty. Neither the lottery, nor the tithe is a magic get-rich-quick answer to replace education, determination and hard work. If Malachi 3:10 really worked for New Covenant Christians, then millions of poor tithing Christians would have escaped poverty and would have become the wealthiest group of people in the world instead of remaining the poorest group. Therefore there is no evidence that the vast majority of poor “tithe-payers” are ever blessed financially merely because they tithe. The Old Covenant blessings are not New Covenant blessings (Heb. 7:18, 19; 8:6-8, 13).

Copied
Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by petra1(m): 1:11am On Dec 16, 2017
Pyrusdrago:
Malachi 3 is the Most Abused Tithing Text in the Bible.

The false teaching about tithes from Malachi 3 ignores five important Bible facts.

(1) Malachi is Old Covenant context and is never quoted in the New Covenant to validate tithing (Lev. 27:34; Neh. 10:28, 29; Mal. 3:7; 4:4).

(2) In 1:6; 2:1 and 3:1-5, Malachi is very clearly addressed to dishonest priests who are cursed because they had stolen the best offerings from God.

(3) The Levitical cities must be considered and Jerusalem was not a Levitical city (Josh 20, 21). It makes no sense to teach that 100% of the tithe was brought to the Temple when most Levites and priests did not live in Jerusalem.

(4) In Malachi 3:10-11 tithes are still only food (Lev. 27:30-33).

(5) The 24 courses of Levites and priests must also be considered. Beginning with King David and King Solomon, they were divided into 24 families. These divisions were also put into place in Malachi’s time by Ezra and Nehemiah. Since normally only one family served in the Temple for only one week at a time, there was absolutely no reason to send ALL of the tithe to the Temple when 98% of those it was designed to feed were still in the Levitical cities (1 Chron. 24-26; 28:13, 21; 2 Chron. 8:14; 23:8; 31:2, 15-19; 35:4, 5, 10; Ezra 6:18; Neh. 11:19, 30; 12:24; 13:9, 10; Luke 1:5).

Therefore, when the context of the Levitical cities, the 24 families of priests, under-age children, wives, Numbers 18:20-28, 2 Chronicles 31:15-19, Nehemiah 10-13, and all of Malachi are all evaluated, only about 2% of the total first tithe was normally required at the Temple in Jerusalem.
Both the blessing and the curse of Malachi 3:9-11 only lasted for Israelites until the Old Covenant ended at Calvary. Malachi’s audience had willingly reaffirmed the Old Covenant (Neh.10:28, 29). “Cursed be he that confirms not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen” (Deut. 27:26 quoted in Gal. 3:10). And Jesus ended the curse. “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs on a tree” (Gal. 3:13).

Today the very lowest income class pays the largest percentage to charity. Yet most remain in poverty. Neither the lottery, nor the tithe is a magic get-rich-quick answer to replace education, determination and hard work. If Malachi 3:10 really worked for New Covenant Christians, then millions of poor tithing Christians would have escaped poverty and would have become the wealthiest group of people in the world instead of remaining the poorest group. Therefore there is no evidence that the vast majority of poor “tithe-payers” are ever blessed financially merely because they tithe. The Old Covenant blessings are not New Covenant blessings (Heb. 7:18, 19; 8:6-8, 13).

Copied

Wrong!
Malachi 3:8 was adressing the nation of isreal not priests from
Verse 7 the message was for the nation .and in verse 9 he mentioned who he was addressing

Malachi 3:8-9 (KJV)
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.
But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me,
even this whole nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by Pyrusdrago(m): 4:19am On Dec 16, 2017
petra1:

Wrong!
Verse 7 the message was for the nation .and in verse 9 he mentioned who he was addressing

In tithes and offerings.
even this whole nation.

Back up a bit to Malachi 2

And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Malachi 3v
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole Nation

As you can see the context is robbed me even this whole nation not the nation as it was address only to the priest

4 Likes

Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by petra1(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2017
Pyrusdrago:

Back up a bit to Malachi 2

And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

Malachi 3v
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole Nation

As you can see the context is robbed me even this whole nation not the nation as it was address only to the priest

In prophecy , a verse could be addressing one person and the next verse another person . God was clear in his word . From chapter 3:7 he was addressing the nation not priest .it takes effort to miss that .

Malachi 3:9 (KJV)
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me,
even this whole nation.

Secondly priests are not farmers.

Malachi 3:11 (KJV)
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,
and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground;
neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

Now in prophecy there are principles and laws in interpretation . There’s is law of Double reference , there is foreshortening etc . Let me give you example

Isaiah 14:12 (KJV)
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Everybody knows who Lucifer is . But the entire chapter was not about him .

psalms 109:8 (KJV Strong's)
Let his days be few;
and let another take his office

The verse above was about Judas’ This doesn’t make Judas the center of the chapter . I can go on and on on Tyrus and the messiah . But the context of Malachi chapter 3:8 is so clear . God was addressing the nation not priests .

I understand that those who don’t want to give God his tithe are looking for ways to rubbish every scripture on tithing . The fact remains . Tithes and offering are eternal principles .
Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by rhektor(m): 9:06am On Dec 16, 2017
petra1:

Wrong!

In tithes and offerings.
even this whole nation.

The foolish op was actually quoting freeze I wonder how they think, everyone is now an authority because someone is angry that we pay tithe. I was shocked then day I watched Freeze's interview on Linda Ikeji TV. When he said Malachi 3 was meant for the priests. He even claimed that Malachi 3 was a continuation of Nehemiah. Those following him are just the fools who wouldn't do personal scriptural searching
Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 16, 2017
rhektor:

The foolish op was actually quoting freeze I wonder how they think, everyone is now an authority because someone is angry that we pay tithe. I was shocked then day I watched Freeze's interview on Linda Ikeji TV. When he said Malachi 3 was meant for the priests. He even claimed that Malachi 3 was a continuation of Nehemiah. Those following him are just the fools who wouldn't do personal scriptural searching

Ok so tithing is bringing 10% of your monthly income to the church huh? Please show me the part of the bible that money was collected as tithe. And also I need to know why tithing was instituted in the first place. And while you do that, explain this passage Hebrews 4:14-16
Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by Pyrusdrago(m): 12:20am On Dec 17, 2017
petra1:

In prophecy , a verse could be addressing one person and the next verse another person . God was clear in his word . From chapter 3:7 he was addressing the nation not priest .it takes effort to miss that .

Malachi 3:9 (KJV)
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me,
even this whole nation.

Secondly priests are not farmers.

Malachi 3:11 (KJV)
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,
and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground;
neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

Now in prophecy there are principles and laws in interpretation . There’s is law of Double reference , there is foreshortening etc . Let me give you example

Isaiah 14:12 (KJV)
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Everybody knows who Lucifer is . But the entire chapter was not about him .

psalms 109:8 (KJV Strong's)
Let his days be few;
and let another take his office

The verse above was about Judas’ This doesn’t make Judas the center of the chapter . I can go on and on on Tyrus and the messiah . But the context of Malachi chapter 3:8 is so clear . God was addressing the nation not priests .

I understand that those who don’t want to give God his tithe are looking for ways to rubbish every scripture on tithing . The fact remains . Tithes and offering are eternal principles .

smileyLet stick to tithing for now

First of all In God’s Word, “tithe” does not stand alone. It is the “tithe of FOOD.” The biblical tithe was very narrowly defined and limited by God Himself. True biblical tithes were always: (1) only food, (2) only from the farms and herds, (3) of only Israelites, (4) who only lived inside God’s Holy Land, the national boundary of Israel, (5) only under Old Covenant terms and (6) the increase could only be gathered from what God' produced. 

I'll encourage you to read the whole of Malachi then will you argue coherently on who was address in this issue. But let me spell out a few;

Malachi 1v6 says
A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name.

Malachi 2v1;
Already quoted above still addressed to the priest

Malachi 3v1-5
Pay attention to verse 3 and 5
V3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi(servants of the priest), and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.

V5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts.

Malachi is very clearly addressed to dishonest priests who are cursed because they had stolen the best offerings from God.
Both the blessing and the curse of Malachi 3:9-11 only lasted for Israelites until the Old Covenant ended at Calvary . So therefore as a true sincere follower of Christ which is the new covenant you have to know the following facts about tithing

1.The tithe was food (crops) and animals Deuteronomy 14:22

2. People who were poor did not tithe - Deuteronomy 14:28

3.You are under a curse if you are a tither (observing Levitical laws)  Galatians 3:10 clearly states if you attempt to do any, you must do them all.

4. Any church building made of brick and mortar is not God's storehouse - 1Corinthian 16 :19

5. Anyone attempting to be justified by tithing is alienated from Christ and you have fallen from grace - Galatians 5:4

6. the Book of Malachi 3, the prophet of God was speaking to the priest, not the Israelites and You are not an Israelite by blood or geneology.

7. There is no longer one temple where the Israelite priest gave offerings to God for their sins, those who have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior from sin are the temple of God.  1Corinthians 3:16.

8. Jesus Christ did not come to abolish the Law but rather to fulfill it by living a sinless life and dying on the cross for the sins of the entire world....and he said," it is finished." John 19:30  He fulfilled the Law!!!(Old Covenant tithing was motivated and mandated by Law, not love)

9. Modern day false teachers can start a church oganization without any federal or state regulations and begin teaching this tradition of men and false doctrine without any scrutiny whatsoever.(In Jewish society tithes performed the function of a tax)

Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by Pyrusdrago(m): 12:42am On Dec 17, 2017
rhektor:

No need for name calling brother, just relax and take what is shuffle down your throat am sure you lack the spine to do a little research on your own.

For what's worth, God wants your hearts far more than your money. If there were a certain percentage we were required to give, giving often would be under compulsion and God would then get our money without our hearts. The New Testament thus says nothing about the percentage we are to give.

The principal New Testament text on financial giving, 2 Corinthians 9:7, tells you that the next time the offering plate is passed to you at church, God wants you to freely determine what you would like to give to His work. When giving becomes such a free expression of cheerfully sacrificial worship and thanksgiving, both God and you will be blessed. You may indeed find yourself giving more than you did when you gave a fixed amount out of a sense of obligation. Those who worry about how the church can survive without a tithing law may find that God had a better idea in mind all along.
Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by petra1(m): 4:04am On Dec 17, 2017
rhektor:

ITS A SHAME . to all his followers and church haters especially some so called christians who betray the body of christ to satanic attacks like this unknowingly. I've never seen such manipulation of scriptures e.g. claiming abraham and jacob never tithed, malachi 3:8 was addressing priest and all manner of nonsense

1 Like

Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by petra1(m): 5:04am On Dec 17, 2017
Pyrusdrago:

First of all In God’s Word, “tithe” does not stand alone. It is the “tithe of FOOD.”

Was it food Abraham gave Melchizedek ? Under the law , They brought was was needed at the temple as tithe and offerings both for welfare and service ofnthe terbarnacke .Unclean animals which were not needed were replaced by cash

Malachi then will you argue coherently on who was address in this issue. But let me spell out a few

Malachi 1v6 says
A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name.

Malachi 2v1;
Already quoted above still addressed to the priest

Malachi 3v1-5
Pay attention to verse 3 and 5
V3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi(servants of the priest), and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.

V5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts.

[b]Malachi is very clearly addressed to dishonest priests who are cursed because they had stolen the best offerings from God.[/quote{

There is no point going round and round . The Bible was clear enough . He had message for priest and he had message for the people. He switched here and there . But from chapter 3:7 he addressed the nation . ARE LEVITES FARMERS ?

[quote]Both the blessing and the curse of Malachi 3:9-11 only lasted for Israelites until . . .

Good you acknowledge it’s directed to isreal

1.The tithe was food (crops) and animals Deuteronomy 14:22

That was generic because they were farmers by default . Money was as well received

2. People who were poor did not tithe - Deuteronomy 14:28

The Bible didn’t say so . Quote the verse out . The poor and the rich have offering and tithe

3.You are under a curse if you are a tither (observing Levitical laws)  Galatians 3:10 clearly states if you attempt to do any, you must do them all.

You are under a curse if you pray , give offering , give alms , if you honor your father , if you fast . Say amen! We tithe and do all these because they are spiritual principles not because the law mentioned them . Tithes existed before the law ever came

4. Any church building made of brick and mortar is not God's storehouse - 1Corinthian 16 :19

What is God store house ? Tithe is given to God period

[5. Anyone attempting to be justified by tithing is alienated from Christ and you have fallen from grace - Galatians 5:4

That’s abuse of scripture . It didn’t refer to tithe

6. the Book of Malachi 3, the prophet of God was speaking to the priest, not the Israelites and You are not an Israelite by blood or geneology.

Wrong ! Are priests farmers ?

7. There is no longer one temple where the Israelite priest gave offerings to God for their sins, those who have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior from sin are the temple of God.  1Corinthians 3:16.

The temple was the house of God , the church is also the house of God

1 Timothy 3:15(KJV)
15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

8. Jesus Christ did not come to abolish the Law but rather to fulfill it by living a sinless life and dying on the cross for the sins of the entire world....and he said," it is finished." John 19:30  He fulfilled the Law!!!(Old Covenant tithing was motivated and mandated by Law, not love)

So now you can kill and worship idols .

9. (In Jewish society tithes performed the function of a tax)
[/color]

Wrong !
Tithe is a spiritual oblation . Tax is for government tithe belong to God.

Mark 12:17 (AMPC)
17 Jesus said to them, Pay to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s and toGod the things that are God’s. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by rhektor(m): 6:13am On Dec 17, 2017
pDudd:

Ok so tithing is bringing 10% of your monthly income to the church huh? Please show me the part of the bible that money was collected as tithe. And also I need to know why tithing was instituted in the first place. And while you do that, explain this passage Hebrews 4:14-16

Lol, this laughable, maybe you should take the painstaking effort to show to the world the text of the bible which states that money should not be used for tithing. Fair enough? cool
Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by Pyrusdrago(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2017
petra1:

Was it food Abraham gave Melchizedek ? Under the law , They brought was was needed at the temple as tithe and offerings both for welfare and service ofnthe terbarnacke .Unclean animals which were not needed were replaced by cash

The false teaching is that Abraham freely gave tithes because it was God’s will.

For the following reasons, Genesis 14:20 cannot be used as an example for Christians to tithe.

(1) The Bible does not say that Abraham "freely" gave this tithe.

(2) Abraham’s gift was NOT a holy tithe from God’s holy land gathered by God’s holy people under God’s holy Old Covenant.

(3) Abraham’s tithe was only from pagan spoils of war common to many nations.(Note this)

(4) In Numbers 31, God only required 1% of spoils of war.

(5) Abraham’s tithe to Melchizedek(a type of Christ then) was a one-time recorded event and Jacob vowed that if God would be with him he would give back to God a tenth of all he received from Him (Gen. 28:22).
I need to point out that these are narrative and not didactic passages: they are descriptive of what people did but not necessarily prescriptive of what we should do.

(6) Abraham’s tithe was not from his own personal property.

(7) Abraham kept nothing for himself; he gave everything back.

(cool Abraham’s tithe is not quoted anywhere in the Bible to endorse tithing.

(9) Genesis 14, verse 21, is the key text. Since most commentaries explain verse 21 as an example of pagan Arab tradition, it is contradictory to explain the 90% of verse 21 as pagan, while insisting that the 10% of verse 20 was God’s will.

(10) If Abraham is an example for Christians to give 10% to God, then he should also be an example for Christians to give the other 90% to Satan, or to the king of Sodom!

(11) Since neither Abraham nor Jacob had a Levitical priesthood to support, they had no place to bring tithes and probably left food for the poor at their altars.
Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by Pyrusdrago(m): 10:41am On Dec 17, 2017
petra1:

Nope sir, if it's to be the now
How many wars have you fought that will warrant you to tithe like Abraham did

The temple was the house of God , the church is also the house of God

1 Timothy 3:15(KJV)
15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

1Corinthians 3:16 (NIV)
16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

generic because they were farmers by default . Money was as well received

My dear money was not received
Look at Deuteronomy 14:22 (NIV) pay attention to verse 25 and 26 the clause there

Tithes
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),
25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.
26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish.

ng !
Tithe is a spiritual oblation . Tax is for government tithe belong to God.so . Quote the verse out . The poor and the rich have offering and tithe

In Jewish society tithes performed the function of a tax. The people’s tithes supported the tribe of Levi (who had no inheritance in the land) and their sanctuary service and also provided relief for the poor.

so . Quote the verse out . The poor and the rich have offering and tithe

I quote Deuteronomy 14v28 to show you the poor didn't tithe rather tithe was meant for the poor and it was a way of saving for them

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands

That’s abuse of scripture . It didn’t refer to tithe

Nope brother, you said so yourself that tithing was and obligation and old covenant Law
Seem to me you're still under the law even when Christ abolish it on Calvary
Galatians 5v4(New living translation)

For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God's grace.
Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by nicemuyoo: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2017
Abrahams tithe was a custom of the land over practiced back then. If you go on war and you are successful. You give a percentage commonly 10% of your spoil of wars to the king/ priest of the land or area where you live. It is a cultural practise of the land . Pagans do it too and That is a fact. Abraham did not tithe out is abundant profits as he was already blessed before giving a tithe of the spoils of war!
God order by law through Moses that ONLY 1% of the spoils of war should be given to the levites/ priest. 
Tithing spoils of war and tithing your profit are two different things. 
Abraham never tithe out of is personal profit. 
Jesus, James, Paul, Peter never taught tithing or collected tithe. They mat have made reference to it while making or discussing another issue but no teaching on tithing Fact!
The support Paul was all about is helping travelling ministers not resident and stationary ones. Help them via donations for bare necessities not luxury!! And not via tithe. Only bare necessities so they are not impoverish . Paul said he would rather die than demand for provision from the church( bare necessities mind you). We are not like those that pedal the gospel of our lord. Are you a hiring doing it for return or you are a bride that does the work free out of a love for the bridegroom!!
This have been twisted today into tithe and exploitation which our saviour never commanded. Placing heavy burden on people like the Pharisee twisting the word of God saying if you make a vow to give to God you can fulfil that vow first even if it means neglecting your parents. So you nullify the word of God to sooth our own teachings. And Jesus said you do many other things like that! Jesus, Paul, James, Peter taught about given & donation, that has all been ignored by today's church, bringing back what was established in church in 777AD by other of roman emperor, which they have long abandoned in catholic and uk churches due to revolt/ riot by the population. Do you know the history? Do you research.
Lastly tithe as never used fortemple/ church maintenance as it is food and it is an ABOMINATION to use tithe for ANYTHING OTHER THAN FEED THE LEVITES AND LESS PREVILEGED.
petra1:

ITS A SHAME . to all his followers and church haters especially some so called christians who betray the body of christ to satanic attacks like this unknowingly. I've never seen such manipulation of scriptures e.g. claiming abraham and jacob never tithed, malachi 3:8 was addressing priest and all manner of nonsense
Re: Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. by nicemuyoo: 11:36am On Dec 17, 2017
Abrahams tithe was a custom of the land over practiced back then. If you go on war and you are successful. You give a percentage commonly 10% of your spoil of wars to the king/ priest of the land or area where you live. It is a cultural practise of the land . Pagans do it too and That is a fact. Abraham did not tithe out is abundant profits as he was already blessed before giving a tithe of the spoils of war!
God order by law through Moses that ONLY 1% of the spoils of war should be given to the levites/ priest. 
Tithing spoils of war and tithing your profit are two different things. 
Abraham never tithe out of is personal profit. 
Jesus, James, Paul, Peter never taught tithing or collected tithe. They mat have made reference to it while making or discussing another issue but no teaching on tithing Fact!
The support Paul was all about is helping travelling ministers not resident and stationary ones. Help them via donations for bare necessities not luxury!! And not via tithe. Only bare necessities so they are not impoverish . Paul said he would rather die than demand for provision from the church( bare necessities mind you). We are not like those that pedal the gospel of our lord. Are you a hiring doing it for return or you are a bride that does the work free out of a love for the bridegroom!!
This have been twisted today into tithe and exploitation which our saviour never commanded. Placing heavy burden on people like the Pharisee twisting the word of God saying if you make a vow to give to God you can fulfil that vow first even if it means neglecting your parents. So you nullify the word of God to sooth our own teachings. And Jesus said you do many other things like that! Jesus, Paul, James, Peter taught about given & donation, that has all been ignored by today's church, bringing back what was established in church in 777AD by other of roman emperor, which they have long abandoned in catholic and uk churches due to revolt/ riot by the population. Do you know the history? Do you research.
Lastly tithe as never used fortemple/ church maintenance as it is food and it is an ABOMINATION to use tithe for ANYTHING OTHER THAN FEED THE LEVITES AND LESS PREVILEGED.
petra1:

Wrong!

In tithes and offerings.
even this whole nation.

(1) (Reply)

Dream Interpretation Of Picking Snails In The Dream / Trinity And The Unity Of The Church / This Gospel Shall Be Preached In All The World, Then Shall The End Come - Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.