Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,253 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves (13045 Views)

Top 5 Causes Of Steering Wheel That Is Hard To Turn And Solutions / ​Hyundai Develops Fingerprint Tech To Unlock And Start Cars / 5 Causes Of Steering Wheel Hard To Turn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by Automotive1(m): 2:00am On Dec 16, 2017
[img]http:///a/img924/450/DExTVx.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img924/3076/Skf0kC.jpg[/img]
Pics Above-CCTV footage of a real car theft scene

Sales of the old security devices have increased lately as motorists are being forced to rely on the low-tech devices to stop crime gangs who have learnt how to override modern security systems.

The mechanical steering lock was thought to have gone after dominating sales in the 1990s, as keyless technology and engine immobilisers were deployed across the car industry, driving car thefts to record lows.

Now,thieves are making off with cars by using new devices called locking jammers, which work by blocking the signal sent to a car by its key when an owner is trying to lock it.

Another gadget used by criminals is a relay box, which searches for a signal from the key inside a driver's house and transmits it to the second box next to the car.The car's locking system is tricked into thinking the car key is unlocking it, allowing access to the vehicle.

Gangs use relay car unlocking systems,which are available on sites such as eBay for around £100,to steal targeted brands like BMW,ford, audi, Land Rover, hyundai,volkswagen and Mercedes.   

Drivers around the world are advised to take precautions,including storing keys in a safe because metal can repel relay signals, and also to use steering wheel locks.

Source https://autojosh.com/sales-steering-wheel-lock-double-drivers-go-low-tech-beat-hi‑tech-car-thieves/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by Automotive1(m): 2:01am On Dec 16, 2017
So,are you staying with your car's inbult/self installed locking system which can now be easily tricked by the technologically-advanced car thieves or going the old-fashioned way with the steering wheel lock?.

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by Aldebaran(m): 4:02am On Dec 16, 2017
Why not go low tech to beat hi-tech... grin

Have you heard of faraday cage(hi tech)?...

1 Like

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2017
H
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by tstx(m): 7:05am On Dec 16, 2017
Manual all the way

4 Likes

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by Babs24: 7:06am On Dec 16, 2017
Tech!!!
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by OBAGADAFFI: 7:07am On Dec 16, 2017
That's why the G 65 don't have Keyless ignition .

6 Likes

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by talk2ekpa(m): 7:07am On Dec 16, 2017
Ok

An Italian NGO is currently recruiting in Borno State Nigeria. Multiple positions are available. Apply if you want

https://www.careerportal.ng/companies/intersos/
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by EazyMoh(m): 7:08am On Dec 16, 2017
I can't go on a date with that gaint thing on my dashboard.
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by Israel17: 7:11am On Dec 16, 2017
this got me cracking.... its cool
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by lankieman: 7:12am On Dec 16, 2017
cheesy cheesy grin people don go back padlocks...hehehe bushmeat don catch the hunter.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by AishaBuhari: 7:13am On Dec 16, 2017
Lol. They don't seem to be trusting automated security no more as they now prefer to go manual. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by 2shure: 7:13am On Dec 16, 2017
pedal lock wit steering lock

2 Likes

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by bettercreature(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2017
grin grin cheesy
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by calddon(m): 7:59am On Dec 16, 2017
Atimes the latest tech is bad
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by lonelydora: 8:00am On Dec 16, 2017
Ok
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by davit: 8:03am On Dec 16, 2017
calddon:
Atimes the latest tech is bad
True talk. This piece just reminds me of my own wheel lock. Don't even know where it is!
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by iamrammy(m): 8:03am On Dec 16, 2017
welcome development,thankGod none of my cars wil be stolen in 2018 using this device. meanwhile who knows where i can buy p*ssy padlock, the way my gf own dy wide like river basin these days ayam not understanding.

why all these mofo's with fish brain dy qoute me upandan.

2 Likes

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by dayleke: 8:14am On Dec 16, 2017
LoL

Na soo

1 Like

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by spako4(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2017
EazyMoh:
I can't go on a date with that gaint thing on my dashboard.

Then you will go home without your car

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by Newboss(m): 8:57am On Dec 16, 2017
This is what the world need. Not a tracker that can be easily dealt with
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by free2ryhme: 9:11am On Dec 16, 2017
Better than getting your car stolen

2 Likes

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by madgoat(m): 9:11am On Dec 16, 2017
iamrammy:
welcome development,thankGod none of my cars wil be stolen in 2018 using this device. meanwhile who knows where i can buy p*ssy padlock, the way my gf own dy wide like river basin these days ayam not understanding.

Seriously u no get brain at all angry

1 Like

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by BigJakie: 9:23am On Dec 16, 2017
iamrammy:

May God give you sense in 2018 IJN

1 Like

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by iamrammy(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2017
madgoat:

Seriously u no get brain at all angry
i don c u when be Solomon.

1 Like

Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by iamrammy(m): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2017
BigJakie:

May God give you sense in 2018 IJN
direct ur prayers to buhari ni.
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by 400billionman: 10:34am On Dec 16, 2017
Is the world moving forward or backward ?

Steering lock on Rolls Royce ?
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by maasoap(m): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2017
spako4:

Very funny.
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by EazyMoh(m): 11:13am On Dec 16, 2017
spako4:

lol!
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by spaggyy(m): 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2017
Mere locking of the steering wheel, by turning it to a side till u hear that locking sound.

will safely secure the car
Re: Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves by jmichael259(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
spaggyy:
Mere locking of the steering wheel, by turning it to a side till u hear that locking sound.

will safely secure the car

please explain further and which model of car(s)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

France To Ban All Petrol And Diesel Vehicles And Every Oil Products By 2040 / Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 / Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.