Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone (56202 Views)

Facebook, Instagram Remove 800 Accounts From Nigeria, Egypt, UAE, Give Reasons / Infinix Flies Afcon Promo Winners To Egypt / TECNO Spark 3, TECNO Spark 3 Pro Full Review, Price In Nigeria, Kenya, Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by CodecJay(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
oodua1stson:
Cool but the icons are prehistoric grin
Yeah buh, who cares...

Just a little tweak and you will get the icons you find appealing.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by CodecJay(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2017
Jaculze:
the price is actually good for the device

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by falconxxx(m): 10:44pm On Dec 16, 2017
GavelSlam:

Can you even make a pencil yourself?

You guys don't know when you ridicule your country for being unproductive you are also part of the problem.

Please tell us what you produce.

you need to take humor-glycogen

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:29am On Dec 17, 2017
falconxxx:

you need to take humor-glycogen

No humour in mocking your nation.

The countries you envy have things that makes them tick and that is patriotism and the spirit to succeed.

Be a good Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Bifrost: 6:37am On Dec 17, 2017
maxnedu11:
naija how far our pencil production ?

Please and please, let's start with toothpick. After that we move into pencil, then fountain pens then we start manufacturing rechargeable lanterns. One step at a time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by sleemoon(m): 7:10am On Dec 17, 2017
oodua1stson:

Thats Stock Android UI...
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by onlyme07(m): 9:16am On Dec 17, 2017
twentyk:
I wish we could invest massively in technology.... It's a very robust Market and I wonder why we are not exploiting it yet......

If I was the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria.......
Our leaders were born in the 19th century and here we are in the 21st century. Now you know why they cherish agriculture to technology.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by onlyme07(m): 9:17am On Dec 17, 2017
Bifrost:

Please and please, let's start with toothpick. After that we move into pencil, then fountain pens then we start manufacturing rechargeable lanterns. One step at a time.
Tooth pick material go too cost. Make we start from tissue paper jare
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Edopesin: 11:12am On Dec 17, 2017
oodua1stson:

nice one grin
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Flintstone06(m): 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
twentyk:
I wish we could invest massively in technology.... It's a very robust Market and I wonder why we are not exploiting it yet......

If I was the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria.......

You would steal if you become the president of Nigeria... Its the status quo

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by 0temSapien: 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
Glad to here this. More to come to Africa.

Doctufos: Worldly Music 11: 6-9

A song of Vadik: The Egypt of My Dream
6. Egypt, Egypt, rise again. Take charge of your life again. Atum, Ra are back again, teaching us to use our brains.
7. The Egypt of my dream is one with no religion. Moral, wise and mighty ones live in Egypt of My dream. Obelisks and pyramids are great deeds we made those days.
8. Rise up Egypt, take control. Use your heads and hug peace poles. Give no room to terrorists. Lose religions of the beasts.
9. Egypt, Egypt rise again. Take charge of the world again. Make inventions like those days that has gone so far away.

2 Likes

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Riele(f): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
OMG[b][/b] shocked
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Coldfeets: 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
Oh, I see...

They must have gotten the inspiration from River Nile... wink
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by talk2percy(m): 12:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
I go like have am. Na our own

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

You guys don't know when you ridicule your country for being unproductive you are also part of the problem.

I won't be surprised if you're still using Nokia x2 or c3
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by credid(m): 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
CodecJay:

Lmao.
Leave this country. We will be here even common chad and niger republic will start manufacturing electric cars.

Those common countries as u called them has produced one "item" leading nigeria's affairs, na enye ya ihe m-buhari
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Waiting for Niger O.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by mrvitalis(m): 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
CodecJay:

Lmao.
Leave this country. We will be here even common chad and niger republic will start manufacturing electric cars.
Was it Egyptian government started the company that produced the phone ?

What would happen if you start one

Slot has share in tecno
Zinox produce laptops and tablets

This are all individuals what have you contributed ?

Or is there any policy that limits you?

Don't fucking tell me loan thts no excuse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
Kingwizzy16:

I won't be surprised if you're still using Nokia x2 or c3

What does that have to do with mocking your nation?

You laugh at the call to make pencils which we can't even make at the moment. Tell me which country's government makes pencils.

By the way I use a Samsung Galaxy 8.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by nnokwa042(m): 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

is he the president of Nigeria? Northerners and SW ve ruled this country for 57 years Igbo's only six months so tell me which tribe kept Nigeria in this mess?
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by mightyhazel: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

we produce soffersticated corrupticians who wud rather bring i dinosaurs to rule,.. just to spite others
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Terminator1234g: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
CodecJay:

$235 (84,600 naira)

That's for tablet na
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
Very little productive people in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by martineverest(m): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
chloride6:
Local built?

Fab and all
no mind dem.... Assembled phone
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by supereagle(m): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
They have a visionary leader. Nigerians are after what can come into their pockets and not they can give to Nigeria.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by stonemind(f): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2017
CodecJay:
Egypt as we all know over history was one of the countries that took part in the evolution of the civilization of today’s world. Although they slid back when technology became the main thing in the whole world but these days they are trying to be more technologically inclined.

The north African country has already spent a lot to rebrand their technological state. The government has spent billions of Egyptian pounds to invest in the nation’s tech sector.

The latest and most visible outcome of these efforts became an Egyptian locally made smartphone called Nile X.

The smartphone was celebrated last week in a lavishing ceremony where the president, Abdel Fattah El Sisiwas handed the Smartphone to announce.

SICO, the Egyptian firm behind the 4G enabled smartphone which its headquarters is located in supnnw Assuit. The city of supnnw is said to be Egypt’s own silicon valley.

Nile X, the Egyptian Android phone built with 4G technology, fast charging feature USB Type-C, 13 mega pixel dual camera and fingerprint sensor. Other specs includes a 4GB of RAM.

It has an Octa Core CPU and packs 64 GB internal storage, 5.7 HD display and Android 7.0 Nougat.

Other products from the company will range from around 200 Egyptian pounds ($11) for a basic smartphone to 4200 Egyptian pounds ($235) for tablets and will be available to Egyptian consumers starting today, Dec. 15.

According to the brand. They stated that among all the investors and supporters that made the Nile X possible, China gave the largest support by supporting them technologically.

The Egyptians behind SICO is looking to expand in Africa with plans to build an East African regional hub in Nairobi and to expand to west, Mozambique, Nigeria and then South Africa.

As various parts of Africa dive deep into technology, they want to be at the forefront and also there are strong opportunities for Egypt to be a leading production center of affordable smartphones in Africa.

What do you think about SICO and the Nile X? You don’t want to ask whether they will be able to survive the already tensed up storm in the mobile industry. You never can tell though, remember, this is just their starting point. They might turn out big if they set their goals straight and come up with breath taking innovations not following the band wagon.

Source: http://droidengage.com/egypt-launches-first-locally-built-smartphone-the-nile-x-here-is-what-it-looks-like/

with stock android? no thank you...

rocking my iPhone 10+ jeje
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Wee you kip quayet

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
nnokwa042:
is he the president of Nigeria? Northerners and SW ve ruled this country for 57 years Igbo's only six months so tell me which tribe kept Nigeria in this mess?

Stop fooling yourself.

Nigerians are not interested in innovation. We are more interested in quick money via Yahoo, Yahoo + , kidnapping or religious fraud.

The government of Nigeria comes from Nigerians. Whatever we have at the top is a reflection of the society.

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by EvilMetahuman: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
We have like different 5 companies making "made In nigeria" phones. Why are these ignoramouses making it look like its a big deal?

2 Likes

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by ashjay001(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
CodecJay:

$235 (84,600 naira)

Thats for d tablet. Price ranges from $11 to $235.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Is This The New Style Of Begging Via Whatsapp? / Download Latest 2go Version 5.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.