Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone (56203 Views)

Facebook, Instagram Remove 800 Accounts From Nigeria, Egypt, UAE, Give Reasons / Infinix Flies Afcon Promo Winners To Egypt / TECNO Spark 3, TECNO Spark 3 Pro Full Review, Price In Nigeria, Kenya, Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by yanshDoctor: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
in the past egypt use to be great until they accept head slamming. that was their down fall.

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

Wee you kip quayet

I would not.

Get over cynicism and do something new. Be radical in your thinking. The Nigerian way of nagging and cynicism has not brought invention.

Try something different.

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
Very little productive people in Nigeria

I concur.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
This is how economy grows. They will soon ensure this particular product is in circulation within the country by frustrating other brands. Lil by lil, it gathers momentum then it begins to ship other Nothern African countries.

Nigeria is doomed. It's deigned to fail
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by freedomessence: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Can you even make a pencil yourself?

You guys don't know when you ridicule your country for being unproductive you are also part of the problem.

Please tell us what you produce.

I don't think you live in this country...NO light, NO accessible Loan for research and above all, you can't feed properly...how can an hungry man think properly to produce?

3 Likes

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
freedomessence:

I don't think you live in this country...NO light, NO accessible Loan for research and above all, you can't feed properly...how can an hungry man think properly to produce?

The Newtons of this world did not cry and wait for godot. They did things.

Constantly complaining about what isn't available is a ready excuse for not attempting. Not attempting is a conclusion for not achieving.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Egypt is predominantly Islamic, an excuse we use for saying some regions don't achieve.

Stop the excuses and see how the nation would be transformed.

Nairaland is a platform that works regardless of the debilitating factors that exist.

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by laliga01: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
Did you empower him and he didn't produce?

GavelSlam:

Can you even make a pencil yourself?

You guys don't know when you ridicule your country for being unproductive you are also part of the problem.

Please tell us what you produce.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by emmycool44: 12:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
God, I'm a nigerian
y don't u kill yourself so that maybe in ur nxt life u might b from kenya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
laliga01:

Did you empower him and he didn't produce?

Empower him how?

Everybody has an excuse.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

I would not.

Get over cynicism and do something new. Be radical in your thinking. The Nigerian way of nagging and cynicism has not brought invention.

Try something different.
We're not going to do anything! Since you have refused to totally restructure the country!

Denied us federalism in its pure form...we will laugh you to derison .... A country that ruins her citizens!
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

The Newtons of this world did not cry and wait for godot. They did things.

Constantly complaining about what isn't available is a ready excuse for not attempting. Not attempting is a conclusion for not achieving.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that Egypt is predominantly Islamic, an excuse we use for saying some regions don't achieve.

Stop the excuses and see how the nation would be transformed.

Nairaland is a platform that works regardless of the debilitating factors that exist.
You're a comedian... There are a thousand Newtons in the SW alone!

But guess what? The country doesn't need them!

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

We're not going to do anything! Since you have refused to totally restructure the country!

Denied us federalism in its pure form...we will laugh you to derison .... A country that ruins her citizens!

Whatever method we adopt the people would power it.
Nigeria is not working because the people are not.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
freedomessence:

Even if you research it's never implemented
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Whatever method we adopt the people would power it.
Nigeria is not working because the people are not.
People cannot power this dysfunctional system. It will never work!

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

You're a comedian... There are a thousand Newtons in the SW alone!

But guess what? The country doesn't need them!

Start chronicling their activities and use the Nairaland platform to promote them.

The world is a global village today. Should their ideas be extraordinary they would find takers.

Until you do so, you've created a myth.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

People cannot power this dysfunctional system. It will never work!

Excuses, excuses.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by laliga01: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
GavelSlam:

Empower him how?

Everybody has an excuse.

Go back to history.
Even the Chinese empowered their own on a long term project without looking at geograp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by donneco(m): 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2017
MrBONE2:
Nothing can beat our Our KiVuKi Land primitive ancient techgrin

Gyarbonkagrin

you mean where we only know how to play the " gwaragwara"
winkwink

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by GavelSlam: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2017
laliga01:

Go back to history.
Even the Chinese empowered their own on a long term project without looking at geograp

Excuses abound.

People need to get off the "government must provide everything before I progress" train.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by erico2k2(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2017
CodecJay:
Egypt as we all know over history was one of the countries that took part in the evolution of the civilization of today’s world. Although they slid back when technology became the main thing in the whole world but these days they are trying to be more technologically inclined.

The north African country has already spent a lot to rebrand their technological state. The government has spent billions of Egyptian pounds to invest in the nation’s tech sector.

The latest and most visible outcome of these efforts became an Egyptian locally made smartphone called Nile X.

The smartphone was celebrated last week in a lavishing ceremony where the president, Abdel Fattah El Sisiwas handed the Smartphone to announce.

SICO, the Egyptian firm behind the 4G enabled smartphone which its headquarters is located in supnnw Assuit. The city of supnnw is said to be Egypt’s own silicon valley.

Nile X, the Egyptian Android phone built with 4G technology, fast charging feature USB Type-C, 13 mega pixel dual camera and fingerprint sensor. Other specs includes a 4GB of RAM.

It has an Octa Core CPU and packs 64 GB internal storage, 5.7 HD display and Android 7.0 Nougat.

Other products from the company will range from around 200 Egyptian pounds ($11) for a basic smartphone to 4200 Egyptian pounds ($235) for tablets and will be available to Egyptian consumers starting today, Dec. 15.

According to the brand. They stated that among all the investors and supporters that made the Nile X possible, China gave the largest support by supporting them technologically.

The Egyptians behind SICO is looking to expand in Africa with plans to build an East African regional hub in Nairobi and to expand to west, Mozambique, Nigeria and then South Africa.

As various parts of Africa dive deep into technology, they want to be at the forefront and also there are strong opportunities for Egypt to be a leading production center of affordable smartphones in Africa.

What do you think about SICO and the Nile X? You don’t want to ask whether they will be able to survive the already tensed up storm in the mobile industry. You never can tell though, remember, this is just their starting point. They might turn out big if they set their goals straight and come up with breath taking innovations not following the band wagon.

Source: http://droidengage.com/egypt-launches-first-locally-built-smartphone-the-nile-x-here-is-what-it-looks-like/
And them dey fight war Ohhhhh shocked shocked
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by adisabarber(m): 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
You fit buy 500 Naira pencil? grin

maxnedu11:
naija how far our pencil production ?
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Pylony(m): 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
India began her IT revolution back in the 1970's and today they are a leading IT hub in tin world with many IT Executives working for Microsoft, Facebook, google etc. The question is, where is Nigeria located in this whole blueprinted maze? Because i know, we do not have any road map to the future of ICT, still busy playing over religious nation in the world.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by twentyk(m): 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
Flintstone06:

You would steal if you become the president of Nigeria... Its the status quo
on the blood of my mother I promise to make a better life..... Havent we stole enough.... Just look at where it has gotten us..... Nothing.... Absolutely nothing

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2017
soon my ibo brothers go begin import am come but if na made in nigeria they will never buy o
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by lilachiever(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
maxnedu11:

Nigerians! Smh

Have you ever heard of AfriOne?

1 Like

Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Deo1986(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
They were supervised by the Chinese, so the phone 's not gonna be durable. Gonna stick to my iphone 6. cool
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by cstr1000: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
I won't be surprised if Nigerian consumers make these company Rich and massive.

Patronize their own now, na lie. That is when you start hearing from various over sabi folks that there is a difference between assembling and manufacturing.

This phone looks like an assembled Chinese phone, but trust Nigerians not to care as long as it is foreign imported.

Yeye people.
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by MistadeRegal(m): 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
maxnedu11:

Savage!
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Frankskaf(f): 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2017
Jaculze:
This is very good. Almost same spec with Tecno phantom 6
Tahhhh..... No compare River Nile with my Phantom joor... grin
Re: Nile X: Egypt Made Smartphone by Frankskaf(f): 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
cstr1000:
I won't be surprised if Nigerian consumers make these company Rich and massive.

Patronize their own now, na lie. That is when you start hearing from various over sabi folks that there is a difference between assembling and manufacturing.

This phone looks like an assembled Chinese phone, but trust Nigerians not to care as long as it is foreign imported.

Yeye people.
Very Pathetic Country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices / Is This The New Style Of Begging Via Whatsapp? / Download Latest 2go Version 5.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.