Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar (9816 Views)

Community Policing Takes Off In Lagos As Sanwo-olu Inaugurates Operation Teams / Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 / Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by dikeigbo2(m): 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
You made no point after all...

Cacawa2:
This is different.

Look at her Catholic dressing, her hair wasn't really covered.

The hijab is different. It's not a mode o dressing, it's a religious rule on the exposure of a females hair and neck

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by thorpido(m): 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Chukazu:

But even after Sharia law , she will still be called to bar naa smiley
No,she will only practice in a Sharia court.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by kitaatita: 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2017
Soon Muslim men in the armed forces and Police will demand to wear beards while enlisting to serve.

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2017
Please o....according to my own religion(name withheld),we wear gele at all times,I cannot be called to bar without it.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by xelly: 8:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
Are you saying that the scum that refused removing hijab read Nigerian law and want to defend the constitution? She is totally unqualified to practice.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by way2much: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
I really wish you guys can convert this bitterness to something more productive..all these bitterness obviously goes beyond not just removing her hijab.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by Nigeriadondie: 10:13pm On Dec 16, 2017
benzene00:
how is this news
Because her muslim counterpart failed to take off her hijab.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by akeebagp: 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
That idiot muslim girl that refused to remove her veil to be called to bar is just a scumbag.

This is one thing most Muslims should address. I don't just like the level of hypocrisy in their life. I have so many Muslim friend whom I lived with. Don't get me wrong, I love them. But the level of their hypocrisy is amazing.

They prefer to wash the outside cup and leave the inside dirty. At night most are beastful sinners but at day they appear so holy.

What will it take for somebody to remove her veil, get called to bar and then put it back? Will that get you to hell? Who taught you that? So God will forgive all the nights you spent sleeping with ur boyfriend and send u to hell because you removed ur veil being called to bar? Even if u don't have boyfriend, are u sinless? Why not take care of sins that can take u to hell? Wisdom is indeed not cheap.

While I commend the courage of being strict on certain worldly demand and being at Gods side, we shouldn't be stupid with it. Dressing decent is enough to please God. And u mustn't put on veil to dress decent. How is taking off your veil a sin? Nonsense.

One thing that gives me joy is that both Islam and Christianity teaches that Jesus will judge the world. And Jesus has shown how his judgement will look like. Because off course, he did judge people while he was on earth. Jesus abhors hypocrites. Those who worship God in pretence. Self righteous people. People who ignore their souls and keep on judging others.

That does not mean he loves sinners more. No. Just don't be a hypocrite. Stand with God in Truth not in pretence. Remember that Boko Haram members are very pious. they are killing because they have judged themselves upright and seen others as unbelievers. Its a known fact that the most dreaded ritualists you can be afraid of are Alhajis. These are people who take titles and solace in visiting Mecca. To them, going on pilgrimage is all u need to be seen as a saint. The bloody rituals they perform is nothing. Some Christians are also hypocritical but Islamic hypocrisy is second to none. I'm sure the slave traders and rapists in Lybia are Muslims who pray 5 times daily and noisly call others unbelievers. Spits.

Shalom

for the fact that u engage in all the acts u mentioned does not mean everybody does.

Even athletes wear hijab now, and these are people who have a reason not to. How does hijab, especially of small size, affect a lawyer's professional engagements? Why can't we think beyond sentiments, beyond Britain, beyond colonialism, beyond imperialism, beyond our self-hate?

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by fx45(m): 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
akeebagp:
Why can't we think beyond sentiments, beyond Britain, beyond colonialism, beyond imperialism, beyond our self-hate?
You're funny... When are you going to start thinking beyond Saudi Arabia and Mecca?
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 17, 2017
kitaatita:
Soon Muslim men in the armed forces and Police will demand to wear beards while enlisting to serve.
what happen to beard? all you these foolish people should free yourself from white laws that don't make sense.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by SouthEastFacts: 7:16am On Dec 17, 2017
abdelrahman:
what happen to beard? all you these foolish people should free yourself from white laws that don't make sense.
What is wrong with a Security officer wearing bears? Are you really asking this question?

God! See what religion has gotten us into.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 17, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

What is wrong with a Security officer wearing bears? Are you really asking this question?

God! See what religion has gotten us into.
what happens to beard?
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by SouthEastFacts: 7:24am On Dec 17, 2017
abdelrahman:
what happens to beard?
The easiest way to disarm a Security Officer is grabbing the beards?
Even in the Middle East, Soldiers don't wear beards.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by kitaatita: 8:54am On Dec 17, 2017
abdelrahman:
Someone like you will have no issues wearing tie to your banking office daily and you won't test the white man's law because it feeds you.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by ShinnBet: 10:18am On Dec 17, 2017
thorpido:
She should have opted to study sharia law then.

Sam sharia law that doesn't recognize her testimony or council or lordship?

The only time she can appear in a sharia court is as an accused
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:19am On Dec 17, 2017
akeebagp:

for the fact that u engage in all the acts u mentioned does not mean everybody does.

Even athletes wear hijab now, and these are people who have a reason not to. How does hijab, especially of small size, affect a lawyer's professional engagements? Why can't we think beyond sentiments, beyond Britain, beyond colonialism, beyond imperialism, beyond our self-hate?

Refusing to remove hijab against a code of protocols is the sentiment here. If the protocol says you must put on hijab to get called to bar and a Christian girl refuses, I would still say the same thing.

There are millions of Muslim women especial in Yoruba land who go about their business without wearing hijab. Most of them are just so nice. Do you say they are condemned because of hijab? Rule is rule and must be obeyed.

If I may ask, is there any law in Islam that forbids women from opening th eir head in public? Then educate me with Qur'anic quotations.
As far as I'm concerned, the useless girl just want to fame the ember of discord.

Let's learn to understand ourselves if we indeed want to make progress.

2 Likes

Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by thorpido(m): 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2017
ShinnBet:

Sam sharia law that doesn't recognize her testimony or council or lordship?

The only time she can appear in a sharia court is as an accused
Awww,it's a pity that's the constitution(religion) she accepts
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
If the purpose of this thread is to profer a basis of comparison with the Muslim sister that properly wore her hijab, it is a futile attempt. Christians are not our teachers.

What this reverend sister decides to do is her problem. If she believes that the veil she was wearing is mandated by God to be worn at all times and she still removed it, then she is a sinner before the God she professes to obey, and therefore, a bad example for the op to present here. If on the other hand, she believes that the veil is not mandated by God and can be removed anytime she wishes, then using her as an example is meaningless, as the veil in that case does not follow the same ruling as the Muslim one which the Muslim sister wore, and which is mandatory at all times in public places.

Either way, the intention of this thread falls flat on its face.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by forzarush(f): 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=BetaThings post=63334032][/quote] my my,Jazakallah for your responses
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by forzarush(f): 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
xelly:
Are you saying that the scum that refused removing hijab read Nigerian law and want to defend the constitution? She is totally unqualified to practice.
define scum,goes to show your level of intelligence and maturity.
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by forzarush(f): 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
Farmerforlife:
If the purpose of this thread is to profer a basis of comparison with the Muslim sister that properly wore her hijab, it is a futile attempt. Christians are not our teachers.

What this reverend sister decides to do is her problem. If she believes that the veil she was wearing is mandated by God to be worn at all times and she still removed it, then she is a sinner before the God she professes to obey, and therefore, a bad example for the op to present here. If on the other hand, she believes that the veil is not mandated by God and can be removed anytime she wishes, then using her as an example is meaningless, as the veil in that case does not follow the same ruling as the Muslim one which the Muslim sister wore, and which is mandatory at all times in public places.

Either way, the intention of this thread falls flat on its face.
may Allah bless you

1 Like

Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by Danladi7: 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

Refusing to remove hijab against a code of protocols is the sentiment here. If the protocol says you must put on hijab to get called to bar and a Christian girl refuses, I would still say the same thing.

There are millions of Muslim women especial in Yoruba land who go about their business without wearing hijab. Most of them are just so nice. Do you say they are condemned because of hijab? Rule is rule and must be obeyed.

If I may ask, is there any law in Islam that forbids women from opening th eir head in public? Then educate me with Qur'anic quotations.
As far as I'm concerned, the useless girl just want to fame the ember of discord.

Let's learn to understand ourselves if we indeed want to make progress.
Just tell us you hate seeing people in hijab. simple!

This is another problem with you Christians!,you dont even know the place and rule of hijab in Islam.But,must the way of dressing of the Muslims be your problem?
Re: Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar by AbuMikey(m): 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
jamesibor:
This Roman Catholic Reverend Sister took off her head covering in accordance with the demands of the Council for Legal Education to be called to Bar.

Oh!

Congratulations to Her.

She used to be My Sister's friend. cheesy
Happy for Her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu, Ambode And I Are Cool Says Fashola / Alamieyeseigha Appointed Chairman Of Pdp Elders Forum / Renewed Clashes between Benue and Ebonyi Communities Claim 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.