Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise (11872 Views)

Noise Pollution: Man Storms Neighboring Church With His Dogs To Warn Them (vid) / Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Noise Pollution: Court Seals Anambra Church, Issues Ten Days Relocation Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Montaque(m): 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
A lawyer can help you.
Get an injunction against the church. It's a nuisance when your neighbourhood is considered. Don't take it lying low, I protested in my street like am advising you now, and everybody had to keep within their limit.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by SmallmebigGod: 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Timiblanko:
You are a Christian but not born again if you are you won't see anything had with their micro phone
Are you ok?
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by SmallmebigGod: 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
Montaque:
A lawyer can help you.
Get an injunction against the church. It's a nuisance when your neighbourhood is considered. Don't take it lying low, I protested in my street like am advising you now, and everybody had to keep within their limit.
Good.
But can one do that to a mosque too. Just thinking
Same question to those advising him to be playing olamide on his megaphone too. Good, but I hope you know the consequences if u try that with a mosque disturbing you

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Tunbolity(m): 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2017
That is a tortuous offence, you can sue them for tort of nuisance, and get damages for the inconveniences they cause you or institute a criminal action of disturbance of public peace
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by nobsalis: 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
sorextee:
Abeg which time be ManU match?
If I give barca 1.5, is it safe?
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Ashraf123(f): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
miraclear:

RELOCATE, THE WORK OF GOD MUST BE DONE....YOU SHOULD FIND ANOTHER HOUSE IN ANOTHER NEIGHBOURHOOD....SINCE YOU DONT WANT THE PEOPLE OF GOD TO BE UR NEIGHBOUR, OK.
who are the people of God? People of God should be compassionate enough and be considerate as well not some bunch of hypocrites committing nuisance and disturbing the peace of the society. I'm experiencing this same thing and I will surely make do with one the advices here cuz it's our personal house. Members won't be up to 20 and you will see them using megaphone, I wonder why.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by KingLennon(m): 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
hmohammed:

Ode
Senior Ode grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by calabaman(m): 8:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Thank you all for your comments. The pastor turned off the megaphone after series of complaints from me.
Case Resolved.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by calabaman(m): 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
paroh137:
My guy, I learned this while living with my uncle. As you have warned them to stop and they don't want to hear, buy your own megaphone, a bigger one if you can. As them don start their noise, you sef play Olamide's Wo and Small Doctor's Penalty on repeat, make them go call police. I've come to conclusion that Nigerians are mad from birth. You have to treat their madness with madness, forget being a Christian. Your sanity is more important, because I assure you one day you'll run mad if you keep doing this to yourself.

lol I won't lie, I considered this option.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by calabaman(m): 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
gucci20:
In fact, same thing is happening to me too!

sorry bro.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by didipeters(m): 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
calabaman:
Dear All,

Please no bashing!

I am located at uyo, akwaibom and am staying besides a church that won't allow me rest in quiet.
Day and night, they have services which is not an issue to me.
THE PROBLEM IS, THEY HAVE A MEGAPHONE THAT MAKES LOADS OF NOISE KEEPING ME FROM SLEEP AND GIVING ME CONTINOUS HEADACHE as I can't sleep with all the noise.
I HAVE ASKED THEM TO TURN DOWN THE VOLUME OR RELOCATE THE MEGAPHONE TO NO AVAIL.
I AM A CHRISTIAN, AND FEEL ITS WRONG TO INFORM THE POLICE ABOUT THIS.... WHAT CAN I DO TO RESOLVE THIS PLEASE.
nna hope its not around mechanic village axis..... where exactly in uyo?
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by charismaticdave(m): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
spencekat:
Please how can one condition his/her mind to sleep with the noise?.I find it difficult to sleep in a noisy place.

Start using very good earpiece. Listen to good songs that you love via the earpiece. Before 2 weeks of constant listening. You will be able to sleep wella without them
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by spencekat(m): 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
charismaticdave:

Start using very good earpiece. Listen to good songs that you love via the earpiece. Before 2 weeks of constant listening. You will be able to sleep wella without them
Thank you.I will try this.
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by OSCAMO: 4:49am On Dec 18, 2017
Reader1988:

One terrorist from another Religion advised you to burn down the church. In the
north, neighbouring mosques use massive loud speakers from 3 a.m. If it's north
even heavy military barracks can't stop them. If Muslims block road during prayers
and nobody complains . I suggest the church should use more heavy microphone
too. I am a Hausa Christian from Kano.

You are a stupid Igbo who won't accept his useless churches are a nuisance and noise pollutants! You are trying to involve Muslims so that the OP feels guilty about himself. BURN DOWN THE SATANIC CHURCH MR. OP!
Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by budaatum: 5:50am On Dec 18, 2017
Ashraf123:
I wonder why.
Their god is deaf. If they don't shout they wouldn't be heard.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Neighboring Church Noise by Montaque(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
SmallmebigGod:

Good.
But can one do that to a mosque too. Just thinking
Same question to those advising him to be playing olamide on his megaphone too. Good, but I hope you know the consequences if u try that with a mosque disturbing you
the same applies to the mosque. You may fear their going physical against you, but its possible to stop them through the court from using horn speakers outside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bible Parable And Sermon: The Prodigal Son and what it really means / The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / Spotting The Difference Between The Holy Spirit And Evil Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.