Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Web Hosting Reseller - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Hosting Reseller (969 Views)

Domain & Hosting Reseller Website / What Is The Best Web Hosting Reseller Package To Use In Nigeria / What Are The Hardware Needed To Start Web Hosting Reseller Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Hosting Reseller by daked: 6:17pm On Apr 01, 2010
what knowledge is needed to start,how much cost ,do i need extra workers ,is it hectic/stressful,can a novice to web ownership/internet start it.
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by DualCore1: 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2010
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by aphizaa: 10:11am On Apr 02, 2010
hi, friend, you don't need any knowledge to start a web reseller biz. i bought a material on it and today i own a reseller biz. all you will need is to have a credit card for paying to the RESELLER PROVIDER. YOU WILL PAY $35 DOLLARS TO START. $10 TO REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NAME AND $25 TO BUY 25GB RESELLER SPACE WHICH YOU WILL BE RESELLING IN PIECES TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AS YOU WANT ( I.E 10MB, 50MB 100MB E.T.C). IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSSITANCE I CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH THE MATERIAL OR GIVE YOU ONE ON ONE TRAINING AT MY OFFICE IN IKEJA.

TALKING ABOUT KNOWLEDGE:
- YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE YOUR OWN WEBSITE TO ADVERTISE
- NO OTHER KNOWLEDGE SINCE YOU ARE ONLY SELLING SPACE. PEOPLE PAY U FOR SPACE AND YOUSIMPLY LOGIN TO UR RESELLER ACCT AND TRANSFER FROM YOUR 25GB
08052214265-HAFEEZ
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by lagoshost(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2010
Hello,

The most important is the willingness to start and every other things will come after.

Also, you need a good host like www.lagoshost.com for reseller host and www.77ng.com for domain name registration.

Enjoy your self!
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by xxx1: 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2010
http://www.mjweblink.com/reseller_hosting.php

offers you the most secure package including a free billing system for your clients
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by DualCore1: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
You guys should stop making this thing look like its as easy as piece of cake. OP, it is not as easy as anyone is preaching here. You will need a good knowledge of the cPanel/WHM interface.

This is the normal trend for a one-man show hosting start up.

You start with a reseller account > when things get better and you have more confidence in your skills, you get a VPS > when things improve and you want to start taking control of the whole shows you get a Dedicated server > now if u're making mad money you can then think of collocation, else you stick with the dedicated server level.

Please employ staff when things start looking good, so you can provide good support to your customers.
Please do not oversell your quota, its a webhosting sin.
Please don't think it is easy, it is not. You will lose sleep when things go wrong (yes things will go wrong, you're working with machines)
Learn to be very professional
Learn to be very friendly with even the most hostile client.
Join webhosting communities and increase your knowledge and catch up with trends.

I will break down the knowledge needed for the different webhosting type

Reseller Hosting
Good knowledge of cPanel/WHM
You should know how to create packages
You should know how to create accounts
You should know how to read logs
You should know how to monitor your system status
You should know how to trace problems to specific user.
You should know how to rely on google when you face strange error messages
There are more but this is all I can remember.

VPS Hosting
Knowledge of all the above mentions stuff for reseller hosting
Knowledge of Linux and its commands
Good troubleshooting skills

Dedicated server
Knowledge of the above mentioned stuff
You know really really know what you're doing as a linux admin
Be prepared to crash your server plenty times (yea that's my favorite) grin
Be prepared for server downtimes and have a PLAN B.

In addition to all these please read about DNS, DNS propagation, Domain registration, Domain renewal, Domain transfer and DNS change.

Webhosting is a sensitive thing, you either do it right or don't at all. Its lotsa people's data involved.
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by lagoshost(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2010
Dual Core:

You guys should stop making this thing look like its as easy as piece of cake. OP, it is not as easy as anyone is preaching here. You will need a good knowledge of the cPanel/WHM interface.

This is the normal trend for a one-man show hosting start up.

You start with a reseller account > when things get better and you have more confidence in your skills, you get a VPS > when things improve and you want to start taking control of the whole shows you get a Dedicated server > now if u're making mad money you can then think of collocation, else you stick with the dedicated server level.

Please employ staff when things start looking good, so you can provide good support to your customers.
Please do not oversell your quota, its a webhosting sin.
Please don't think it is easy, it is not. You will lose sleep when things go wrong (yes things will go wrong, you're working with machines)
Learn to be very professional
Learn to be very friendly with even the most hostile client.
Join webhosting communities and increase your knowledge and catch up with trends.

I will break down the knowledge needed for the different webhosting type

Reseller Hosting
Good knowledge of cPanel/WHM
You should know how to create packages
You should know how to create accounts
You should know how to read logs
You should know how to monitor your system status
You should know how to trace problems to specific user.
You should know how to rely on google when you face strange error messages
There are more but this is all I can remember.

VPS Hosting
Knowledge of all the above mentions stuff for reseller hosting
Knowledge of Linux and its commands
Good troubleshooting skills

Dedicated server
Knowledge of the above mentioned stuff
You know really really know what you're doing as a linux admin
Be prepared to crash your server plenty times (yea that's my favorite) grin
Be prepared for server downtimes and have a PLAN B.

In addition to all these please read about DNS, DNS propagation, Domain registration, Domain renewal, Domain transfer and DNS change.

Webhosting is a sensitive thing, you either do it right or don't at all. Its lotsa people's data involved.

Your Right !
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by Seton(m): 11:30am On Apr 06, 2010
one can also get 'Getting and managing your first 1000 clients in Web Hosting' by Abrahim Ikasud, it is a guide in webhosting both technically and even how to get clients and retain them- business wise. www.webhostingbusinessbook.com.
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2010
If you know what is good for you people, I will advice you run from people with a reseller hosting. Well if you know what you do online is a child play, you can go ahead and sign up with them. Reseller hosting or cheap hosting wwhatever name they may be called are rubbish. I speak from personal experience and just avoid them. www.Appiiforum.Com-(All People Posting Interesting Information) smiley smiley
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by DualCore1: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2010
Seton:

one can also get 'Getting and managing your first 1000 clients in Web Hosting' by Abrahim Ikasud, it is a guide in webhosting both technically and even how to get clients and retain them- business wise. www.webhostingbusinessbook.com.

Hmmmm, I dunno how to thank you o! The book is down to earth. I'm already familiar with everything in it but I learnt them the hard way (like the author did). Wish I had this book before now. undecided Well my GF is so happy she's gone through more than a quarter of the book just today and is hitting me with questions. She has always wanted to know what I do on my dedicated servers cuz I spend more time on them than on her tongue. This book just saved me all the wahala of explaining everything. She's gotten up to speed already and I have given her a VPS to play with tongue
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by canachy(m): 8:54am On Apr 07, 2010
Dual Core:

The book is down to earth.
Yeah the book is very educating, it deals with both the technical and business sides of reseller hosting.

I got my own free copy from Hostgator after signing up for their reseller hosting package.

@Dual, I will like to chat with u, can u give me ur YM id? mine is canachy at yahoo dot com

Regards
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by DualCore1: 8:59pm On Apr 07, 2010
Hello, y!m id: k_frill
Re: Web Hosting Reseller by Coldheart: 10:57am On Apr 09, 2010
Seton and Dual Core, thanks for the valuable information.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Spend On Fuel As Webmaster? / Vanguard Exclusive Interview With A Successful Enterpreneur In Lagos / naijahotjobs Is Experiencing Downtime !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.