Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year (27007 Views)

Law Graduate Shares Sultry Photo To Celebrate Her Call To Bar / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by oluala881: 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
rule is rule, bringing religion to infringe on rule is absurd, the imprint people should be warn as this may bring mayhem to the country, are there no reverend sister among them who honourably remove their veil why will fridaos refuse to do so. this Muslim people can be confuse at times. Lord Jesus please come and take your own home.
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by heysquare(m): 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
chiagozien:
God pls give us freedom
we want to leave their islamic nigeria for them.

You Yoruba muslim that is reading my comment over to you.
tell us d size of yorubas u av in ur land at d moment? if u eventually seceded wud go wt yoruba christians? and kindly narrates to ds forum wen u hear or see a yoruba muslims fighting yoruba christians . ppl like u alws fimd it difficult to go to thr village d moment dey found opportunity in dat same yorubaland
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
I love the doggedness of our sister

the Devi must be put to shame
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by bigtt76(f): 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
So immediately she was born she's been wearing hijab? Does she wear it to take her bath too? If she considers leaving her hair uncovered as being nak3d then I wonder what exposing her kitten would be called angry
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Ummuihsan: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2017
aybabz101:
this ppl self. there are rules and regulations guiding an established institution. for now, d rule is if u ar to be called to bar, do not put on any form of vail.
mind u no b for only Muslims o. it includes christians, judaist, and traditional worshippers. A reverend sister had to remove her vail b4 she was called to bar.

if u like come next yr with ur hijab, na u no go b able to practice. u ar not d first muslim lady to b calld to bar n u wont b d last. i dont know mayb Allah has refused to answer d prayers of previous muslim ladies dat hav been calld to bar or they were chased out of heaven because dey remove their hijab to b calld to bar......dey go jst dey explode small issue.

Nawa woo for una. Why does the word scares u? It simply means a covering or is it because of the Arabic word. #mind u Nigeria is not dominated by Christians only and the fundamental human rights of an individual to practice his/her religion in private and in public does not only state only a cristhian can do so.just get DAT straight intobur damn head.
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Ummuihsan: 7:04am On Dec 18, 2017
bilms:
Another Female law graduate vow to attend call to bar with hijab next year
http://mrrightsng..com.ng/2017/12/another-female-law-graduate-vow-to.html

Following the refusal of Nigeria Law School to call Miss Firdaus Amasa to bar for refusing to take off her hijab last week, another female law graduate from University of Ilorin, Laylah Al-Mubarakah has vow to attend the same programme next year with her hijab on.

The father of the lady, Alhaji Abubakar Aliagan, a lecturer in the university of Ilorin went to social media to announce the resolve of his daughter in solidarity with Firdaus. He stated that, ''MY DAUGHTER, EVEN IF AM NOT ALIVE AND THE MATTER IS NOT RESOLVED........YOU RECEIVE MY BLESSINGS........IN THE LIKE MANNER THE FATHER OF FIRDAUS IS NOT DISTURBED''

Alhaji ABubakar Aliagan wrote on his facebook page as follows:

Firdaus Amasa is a daughter of a dear friend. She was not call to bar because she was adamant on her Islamic mode of dress. She was a year ahead of my daughter at the Faculty of law, University of Ilorin. When her courageous father, Mallam Oba Amasa, came to my house ( he sometimes pray the SALAT in my mosque) to break the news to me, my only regret is that Firdaus was left alone in this struggle. How I wish my daughter is there this year to stand behind her.

Whether this matter is settled amicably in the court or not, my daughter, LAYLAH AL-MUBARAKÀH, has vowed to be the next victim. She wrote the following lines in her blog.................

Reading the news that our courageous sister, Amasa Al jannah Fidaos was not called to the Nigerian bar because she refused to remove her hijab brought tears to my eyes. Is Fidaos the only muslim lawyer out there? Others should have joined her. I wish there were more muslim females like her. To some you may think what she has done is rebellious. But to me it is courageous and she has maintained her stand as a muslim.

Imagine this, A girl has been brought up in the way ordained by Allah right from her birth, she has been wearing the hijab from then, She has never for once remove her hijab just for the sake of being called to bar she has to remove it. Removing the Hijab is being naked.

I have been asked several times that will i remove my hijab when i am to be called to Nigerian Bar? I always answer that I dont know. But Now, I have my answer, Amasa al jannah firdaos has provided the answer.

The constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria particularly Chapter 4, Section 38 (1) of the 1999 constitution and Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Right, provide:“Every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.” Is denying her entrance in to the hall because she is wearing the hijab not an infringement on her right to practise her religion?

To Firdaos, you were our Ameerah in National Association of Muslim Law Students Unilorin Chapter and you led us well, When you were the Ameerah, through your humility and selflessness you inspired me to be like you . Now you have laid the foundation to justice and i pray and hope your efforts will be acknowledged. I celebrate you and to me you are a Legend.

This is a wake up call to every muslim in Nigeria, to fight for this injustice and use the position and power the Almighty has bestowed on you all to fight for this injustice.

MY DAUGHTER, EVEN IF AM NOT ALIVE AND THE MATTER IS NOT RESOLVED........YOU RECEIVE MY BLESSINGS........IN THE LIKE MANNER THE FATHER OF FIRDAUS IS NOT DISTURBED ........

http://mrrightsng..com.ng/2017/12/another-female-law-graduate-vow-to.html
I love u sir u just sounded like real father.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by aybabz101: 7:25am On Dec 18, 2017
Ummuihsan:

Nawa woo for una. Why does the word scares u? It simply means a covering or is it because of the Arabic word. #mind u Nigeria is not dominated by Christians only and the fundamental human rights of an individual to practice his/her religion in private and in public does not only state only a cristhian can do so.just get DAT straight intobur damn head.

i neva said d country belong only to christians. if u can comprehend very well, i said the NBA rules cut across all religion including Judaism. d same constitution also gives legal institutions power to regulate d dress code of their employees. that is y bankers and finacial personnel are always corporate. same with doctors and physios. police n other force professions are always in uniform. Even in schools, children are in specific uniform while law students are mandated to dress corporate to class.

The lady in question attended the mandatory law dinner without hijab. suddenly she refuse to b calld to bar without hijab. d question is what is her motive? also if u ar to do something this big, u must have laid a strong antecedents which will indicate dat u ar devoted to a course. but frm all reliable info, she has neva protested for hijab mayb in schl, or in public for the bankers, police or corporate workers.

mind u, if total freedom of expression is permitted, then coming to bar next year can b permitted if one dresses unclad.
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Codes151(m): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2017
You sure they are graduates or cattle’s?
Re: Another Female Law Graduate Vow To Attend Call To Bar With Hijab Next Year by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
africanusvu:
.Oh sory dear.BYE for now.see you nest 3months.cos.I know.Useless Seun will ban for for this.bye till then

The truth is sbitter
Why do you think their quran was banned in China?
I thought Seun was an atheist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Economists' Forum: (Students & Professionals) / Advice Needed:a Masters Degree To Aid My 2.2 Or A Life-changing Trip To Italy? / Which Business Can I Do Online That Will Increase ₦150k To ₦500k Within 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.