Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats (774 Views)

Israel Airstrikes Kill Jehad Mheisen, Hamas' Head Of National Security Forces / Jerry Rawlings Death: Akufo-Addo Declares 7 Days Of National Mourning In Ghana / Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08am On Dec 17, 2017
Trump to Remove 'Climate Change' from Obama's List of National Security Threats
By Chris Agee
December 16, 2017 at 11:43am

President Donald Trump is reportedly set to roll back yet another policy implemented during his predecessor's administration, this time in the realm of environmental protection.

According to an assessment by The Federalist after reviewing a draft of the National Security Strategy set to be released on Monday, one threat added under the Obama administration — climate change — is missing from the Trump policy.

"Climate policies will continue to shape the global energy system," the draft reads.

Instead of using America's influence to find and develop renewable resources, the Trump doctrine reportedly seeks to push back against the growing global trend toward green energy.

"U.S. leadership is indispensable to countering an anti-growth, energy agenda that is detrimental to U.S. economy and energy security interests," the document states. "Given future global energy demand, much of the developing world will require fossil fuels, as well as other forms of energy, to power their economies and lift their people out of poverty."

Not only has the Trump administration been packed with repeals of Obama-era provisions, the president has long expressed skepticism of the science behind arguments that humans are largely responsible for climate change.

The subject came up regularly from very early on in his 2016 presidential bid.

In one 2015 campaign speech, Trump criticized Obama for supporting measures aimed at battling climate change.

"But think of it," he said. "Obama's talking about all of this with the global warming and the — a lot of it's a hoax, it's a hoax. I mean, it's a money-making industry, OK? It's a hoax, a lot of it."

According to Trump at the time, he supported a healthy environment, but not at the expense of the free market.

"And look, I want clean air and I want clean water," he said. "That's my global — I want clean, clean crystal water and I want clean air. And we can do that, but we don't have to destroy our businesses."

As a private citizen, his record on supporting environmental causes is mixed, though for several years leading up to his White House bid, he established a pattern of publicly expressing cynicism.

Earlier this year, Vox republished more than 100 Trump tweets on the topic dating back to 2011, many of which cited particularly cold spells across the U.S. as evidence that climate change is not a legitimate concern.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Ice storm rolls from Texas to Tennessee - I'm in Los Angeles and it's freezing. Global warming is a total, and very expensive, hoax!

3:13 PM - Dec 6, 2013
440 440 Replies 4,328 4,328 Retweets 3,096 3,096 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Denver, Minnesota and others are bracing for some of the coldest weather on record. What are the global warming geniuses saying about this?

11:42 PM - Dec 3, 2013
347 347 Replies 459 459 Retweets 378 378 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

In addition to blaming Obama and other Democrats, Trump has also frequently tweeted his belief that China has played a major role in perpetuating false information to protect its own national interests.

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive," he tweeted in 2012.

https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-remove-climate-change-obamas-list-national-security-threats/
Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by MaconAwire(m): 5:13am On Dec 17, 2017
climate change = security threat

maybe abiotic shaa, what do i knw?

I LIKE TRUMP FOR HIS ACTION NOT WORDS STYLE OF LEADERSHIP
carry go

2 Likes

Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by princeade86(m): 5:19am On Dec 17, 2017
if dis trump is a military head of state, he wunt even luk face. Carry go jor.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by alBHAGDADI: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
lucasbalo aka abbeybailey
come and tell us how Trump is a racist, bigot and kkk president. grin
Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by Lucasbalo(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Why don't you worry about Buhari and his operation Python dance killing your people. When trump gives you your independence, Holla at me then. Meanwhile, hush your mouth. Did you hear Omarossa calling trump racial. She's the highest Black woman in the WH but fooools like you who don't have any idea how things work in US keeps worshipping a racist pig. No wonder you are stuck on reverse gear.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by 9inches(m): 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

and sexist, homophobic, misogynist grin
Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by alBHAGDADI: 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Why don't you worry about Buhari and his operation Python dance killing your people. When trump gives you your independence, Holla at me then. Meanwhile, hush your mouth. Did you hear Omarossa calling trump racial. She's the highest Black woman in the WH but fooools like you who don't have any idea how things work in US keeps worshipping a racist pig. No wonder you are stuck on reverse gear.

You only said racist pig. You didn't say bigot and sexist.

grin
Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by Lucasbalo(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

You only said racist pig. You didn't say bigot and sexist.

grin
Don't he look like a pig with his orange hair and his gut covering his manhood ?. He's my president but we freedom and compassionate loving Americans loathes him. Ask Omarossa if trump is racial or not. She knows him better that you and your ilks idolizing him for your selfish purposes.
Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2017
MaconAwire:

climate change = security threat

maybe abiotic shaa, what do i knw?

I LIKE TRUMP FOR HIS ACTION NOT WORDS STYLE OF LEADERSHIP
carry go

And action speaks louder than words. cheesy
Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2017
princeade86:

if dis trump is a military head of state, he wunt even luk face. Carry go jor.

That is why he is an action man. cheesy
Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Don't mind him. He is worried that nothing will be left of Obama's legacy. cool
Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:

Why don't you tell us the reason Omarossa left? undecided
Re: Trump To Remove 'Climate Change' From Obama's List Of National Security Threats by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
Is Climate change man's fault? undecided

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

A Anon From 4chan Finds Evidence Of Over 13k Bodies Being Burned Near Wuhan / Ireland's Prime Minister Re-registers As A Doctor / Video Of Lagos-raised US Army Acting As Lagos Bus Conductor on Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.