Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Ecclesiastes 9:11 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ecclesiastes 9:11 (903 Views)

Ecclesiastes 9: 11 - 12: Prepare For Harder Times. Invest In Yourself Agric-wise / Using Time In The Light Of Eternity - Ecclesiastes 3:1-11, 17 / Mistakes That Combat Wealth And Promote Poverty - Ecclesiastes 5:11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ecclesiastes 9:11 by adecz: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2017
This is one of my favorite verses
in the Bible that philosophically summarizes
& crystalizes the destiny of man on earth.

Commentary;

For having urged men to labour with all their might, the Author now adds, by way of caution, that yet they must not be confident of their own strength, as if they were sure of success by it, but must look up to God for his blessing, without which all their endeavours would be in vain.

Men's success seldom equals their expectations. We must use means, but not trust to them: if we succeed, we must give God the praise; if crossed, we must submit to his will. Those who put off the great concerns of their souls, are caught in Satan's net, which he baits with some worldly object, for which they reject or neglect the gospel, and go on in sin till they suddenly fall into destruction.

What is your own favorite
an why?

Re: Ecclesiastes 9:11 by orunto27: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2017
Yours Sincerely,

God is Time and Chance; Light, Good and Life; Artists, Scientists, Prophets and Apostles amongst us. God is Omni-Everything.
Halleluyah is my verse!!!

(1) (Reply)

2018: MFM Founder, Olukoya Reveals What God Told Him About Rebellious Leaders / Kemi Testify on The Altar Of Salvation Ministries After Begging For Forgiveness / Stephanie Otobo: I Will Mention Names In Court Not On Social Media.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.