Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances (7010 Views)

Imo State Pensioners Protest On The Streets Over Non-Payment Of Pension / Abia Pensioners Protest 22 Months Outstanding Pay, Beg Ikpeazu For Mercy (VIDEO) / Benue Pensioners Protest Non-Payment Of Pensions With Coffin By Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by royalamour(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2017
AGAIN, KOGI PENSIONERS PROTEST NON-PAYMENT OF 22 MONTHS ALLOWANCES

BY AMUDA DAN SULAIMAN FAB

For the third time this year, pensioners in Kogi State, yesterday, took to the streets of Lokoja, the state capital to protest the non-payment of their pension arrears and entitlements for 22 months by the state government.

The protest by the pensioners is coming on the heels of a challenge by Senator Dino Melaye, that Governor Yahaya Bello should explain to the people what he did with the Paris Club refund to the state, since he has failed to pay pensioners their entitlements.

Melaye, in a chat with this reporter, while reacting to the plight of the pensioners who took to the streets after exhausting a seven-day ultimatum given to Governor Bello to redeem his promise of paying them, said: “All I can say is that holding public office is not just an end, it is a means to an end. People must be accountable for their actions. It is true that the Federal Government released the Paris Fund refund to Kogi State and some other states.

“It is also true that till date, the governor has refused to pay pensioners, using the first tranche of that release by the Federal Government. Kogi State has since received other allocations but has not attended to the needs of our pensioners.

“I want to challenge Yahaya Bello to explain to Kogi people what he has used the Paris fund to do and he should commence the process of paying pensioners without further delay.”

The senior citizens who occupied the sub treasury office, lamented that after serving the state meritoriously, it was disheartening that the Kogi State Government had decided to abandon them at this time of their lives.

The retirees who were led by its state chairman, Alhaji Alhassan Manma, decried the inability of the state government to pay their pension and gratuities, despite the bailout funds made available by the Federal Government, stressing that the unwillingness of the state government to account for the bailout funds leaves much to be desired.

They expressed deep regret over the non-payment of their entitlements, a situation they said has caused them untold hardship, pains and therefore, called on Governor Bello to do the needful by paying their pension allowances to enable them address their various needs.

They also called for the immediate regularization of the payment of the monthly pensions to the local government council pensioners as against the current practice which leaves much to be desired.

Source: http://www.austinokai.com/2017/12/17/again-kogi-pensioners-protest-non-payment-of-22-months-allowances/
Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by bloodmoneyspita: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2017
if kogi youths do not wake up, they are going to end up like this.

8 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2017
22 months? A few years ago, this would have been a burning national issue. Then again, this is apc. Anything goes

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by FunkyAlhaji2015: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
This salary owing fool is heartless. How can you not pay people for 22months. Is this not an impeachable offence? There is no excuse under the face of the earth that will justify such callousness.

12 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by tsdarkside(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
this governors sef...they get money from the goverment,but they still dont pay....governors are strange people...

this even happened when jonathan was still in charge sef....and jonathan was giving them money too ooo....i dont get it....
Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by phrancys001(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
And he just finished building a luxurious mansion in his village which the so call royal father oyinoyi of ebira land was in attendance i wonder the kind advice those elder give their youth in ebira land.

8 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by skelewu404(m): 6:51am On Dec 18, 2017
I have heard about some workers in the state being owe 22 months too my question is has the governor spend up to 22 months in office

2 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by royalamour(m): 6:52am On Dec 18, 2017
I think they have bought seun, mynd44, lalasticlala over.

1 Like

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by skelewu404(m): 6:52am On Dec 18, 2017
I have heard about some workers in the state being owe 22 months too my question is has the governor spend up to 22 months in office because even as at 5 6 months ago we have been hearing this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by MisterGrace: 9:39am On Dec 18, 2017
Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2017
When the gods wants to punish the people, they give them useless leaders. The people of Kogi state needs to appease the gods with a sacrifice

Yahaya Bello is the lamb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by wildcatter23(m): 11:20am On Dec 18, 2017
Q
Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by BruncleZuma: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2017
They should ask the Miyetti Allah chairman for their state.

1 Like

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by Dollabiz: 11:21am On Dec 18, 2017
Good
Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 18, 2017
Ebira pple will still vote this guy in for a second term

3 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by Nonnyflex(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2017
Wait ooo 22 months and they are complaining others are even bringing up the idea of him building a house in his village.... Come to imo a 2 time gov is owing 33 months after getting tired of building houses at different choice locations, he now has a hobby of statues erection... APC chaiiii we really entered one chance.... Buhari why

3 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by enimooko: 11:23am On Dec 18, 2017
Only 22 months? Nigeria Airways pensioners has been left out since 2007
Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by temitemi1(m): 11:25am On Dec 18, 2017
So unfortunate to have this super clueless as Governor cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by engrjacuzzi: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2017
no Christmas celebration for kogi people be that.... Nigerian practice government for the richer and elites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by wink2015(m): 11:27am On Dec 18, 2017
When the Khaki boys were creating states left, right and centre they never envisage a situation like this where states can not pay salaries of its workforce.

Funny enough, Nigerians were applauding the military boys back those days when they were creating states. The wide spread belief those days was that it will help to spread development across Nigeria. But are we seeing the proposed development these days?

THEY WRONGFULLY PUT THEIR FAITH IN THE OIL AND GAS RESOURCES OF THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE NIGER DELTA AND VAT FROM LAGOS STATE.

Until states learn to be creative inwardly they will continue to operate bankrupt administration.

During the good days of oil money, what stop these states from saving their allocation received from the federal government. Governors were spending recklessly and embezzling states fund thinking that money will continue to come in from Abuja.

LET NIGERIA FEDERALISM BE RESTRUCTURED SO THAT EACH STATES CAN DEPEND ON THEIR INTERNALLY GENERATED EARNINGS.

Enough of this Abuja stipend, it is making our states to be lazing out!

We all saw how workers in Osun states were crying of salaries not too long ago and now it is the turn of Kogi state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by Marcelo290(m): 11:27am On Dec 18, 2017
Each time I visit Lokoja, I see misery in the faces of the people, they lament and wail all day about non payment of salaries. The state is dead with nothing moving cos it's a civil service state, yet some still applauded the fool of a governor.

A state divided so much along tribal line, I think Kogi and Benue states were cursed with Bad leaders!

7 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by prinsam30: 11:27am On Dec 18, 2017
kogi people worry no more....... 2019 is just around the corner

2 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by etsuidris(m): 11:27am On Dec 18, 2017
engrjacuzzi:
no Christmas celebration for kogi people be that....
Nigerian practice government for the richer and elites.
even if them pay fear to spend d money go dy. life tire man for here

1 Like

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by anonimi: 11:32am On Dec 18, 2017
greiboy, please come and see your saintly All Poverty Congress, APC governor oh. grin
Barawos Incorporated.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3055762_img2015110125972_jpeg66c3005a24a1d7fdf4b0957ab226a189

2 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by wildchild1: 11:33am On Dec 18, 2017
This Gov should pay na

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION... Promo is on
Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by jrusky(m): 11:35am On Dec 18, 2017
Ok nah. Keep voting to piwer I think pdp are devil's and now you have got the angel please manage it.

After all maina that chased out for swallowing pension fund your angelic party smuggled him in and smuggled him out.

Nice. Pls kogites live by it and enjoy your angelic party ok.

Next topic pls........

1 Like

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2017
anonimi:
greiboy, please come and see your saintly All Poverty Congress, APC governor oh. grin
Barawos incorporate.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3055762_img2015110125972_jpeg66c3005a24a1d7fdf4b0957ab226a189
first of all, I don't support any party, but I hate hypocrisy grin

Corruption must be very new word in Nigeria then, since audu was the first politician to steal funds meant for the development of the country grin

I wonder where atiku got all his wealth from grin
Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by anonimi: 11:53am On Dec 18, 2017
engrjacuzzi:
no Christmas celebration for kogi people be that....
Nigerian practice government for the richer and elites.

.........allowed by the 200 million mumu citizens who praise and hail them while stoning their fellow sufferers for stealing phones.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2900978_nigeria_jpeg4ee84b7726a847792475badcbc938fb7

2 Likes

Re: Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances by smulti(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2017
greiboy:
first of all, I don't support any party, but I hate hypocrisy grin

Corruption must be very new word in Nigeria then, since audu was the first politician to steal funds meant for the development of the country grin

I wonder where atiku got all his wealth from grin
is he no longer a businessman

(1) (2) (Reply)

State Line Boundaries In The South East Doesn’t Make Sense / Kogi Lawmaker Loses Teeth In Fight / Nigerians Among 700 Migrants Rescued Off Italian Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.