Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy (35859 Views)

Idris Adanno: 'Sultan Of Shuwa Arabs Of Edo State' Coronation Sparks Outrage / Sultan of Sokoto: North Is The Worst Place To Live, Bandits Operate Freely / Amir, Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son Had Accident After ‘Getting High On Codeine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by niceair(m): 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2017
SoS put your idea in your Sokoto
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Chai Christians are really threatened by a well dressed Muslim lady that stands her ground. Just see as dey quickly comot with daggers drawn. If Christian ladies dress decently to church Apostle Suleiman gate for no happen grin grin.

Just watch how they will lick my comment like ants to sugar grin grin
1,2,3 go
OMG I'm loving this.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2017
Regardless of different views grin grin nice punchline sha.

niceair:
SoS put your idea in your Sokoto
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by OBIGS(m): 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
IbnIbrahim:

Look at your comment again and reflect!
same thoughts. Tell me urs so I may reflect on
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by olamurphy95(m): 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
chiagozien:
That lady is been sponsored by those who are trying to Islamiza nigeria,which buhari is one of them.

The best thing You people should do is agitate to have una own country,with that you can decide to wear hijab even when you are taking your bath.
Kindly take some minutes to go through ur comment. Ur level of thinking n understanding z worrisome.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Aremson14(m): 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
I think there is a problem with majority of Christians in dis country. Anytime they Hear anything Islamic they are against it regardless even if what da are saying is crazy. They are not saying u must wear hijab or not but it should b ur choice what is so difficult in that its just lyk wearing a wrist band. I'm sure if it was a wrist band da were talking of da would still say it is wrong. I remember during d elections some people were PDP simply because d APC brought a Muslim person.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by emsheddy(m): 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
Offpoint:
it's almost 2018...Visioned countries are talking about:
Advancing technology, flying cars, autonomous cars, electric cars, how to land a man in Mars, how to improve health system, fastest rockets and so on, but my visionless country is talking:
Tithes, hijab and pencils...WTF
we've been wearing hijab, paying and not paying tithes for centuries, where da-fuchk did that take Us to?

Useless things are what this nation usually exhaust their energy on.... Luggard Thunder wey go fire you still dey training camp for Pluto.

Good evening Spaxon
bless you brother!!!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Bombolistic: 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2017
Is the use of hijab by Muslim women only symbolizes decent dressing? Are there no other dress that can be wore any more? Why are people causing confusion in the name of hijab?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by babajeje123(m): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
OpinionCounts:

If this is true, then I think Muslims have psychological problems.....for heavens sake! how can a woman's hair arouse a mature human being sexually?? Are they that morally bankrupt and perverted?? In fact don't only cover the hair, maybe they should put their women inside cartoons and move them around like parcels...arrant nonsense.
Ah, you don't know meme. The pervasiveness they inherited from their prophet is legendary. If not, how can a sane mind say a lady without hijab is unclad?

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by adeblow(m): 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
Kenya is a member of common wealth, but they don't see the hijab thing as an issue. My people for naija don carry the thing for head
Here is a picture of their Chief justice with people being called to bar

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Nowenuse: 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
Shameless tribalistic leader.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by badesco(m): 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
Rules are meant to be obeyed so they are right to have prevented her. What will it cause her to removed her hijab?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Olando06(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
You can say it again. Idiot
EsotericMonk:
Muslims are the problems of the world. Wherever they find themselves, they cause controversy, soo dogmatic they always wanna imposed their distasteful religious beliefs on everyone. From the US to UK to France to Nigeria, they are that nagging tooth ache that would never go away until you see the dentist for an extraction.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by rhektor(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
Bimpe29:
I standwithfridaous

When leg pain you, you go sit
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by rhektor(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
Aremson14:
I think there is a problem with majority of Christians in dis country. Anytime they Hear anything Islamic they are against it regardless even if what da are saying is crazy. They are not saying u must wear hijab or not but it should b ur choice what is so difficult in that its just lyk wearing a wrist band. I'm sure if it was a wrist band da were talking of da would still say it is wrong. I remember during d elections some people were PDP simply because d APC brought a Muslim person.

So you mean those who stopped her being called to bar are Christians?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Ndolarr: 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2017
Now that Sultan has weighed in on the matter, I hope there won't be a reprisal attack on the 'offending ' Law School officials involved. Remember his reaction to a recent crisis in Adamawa involving the fulanis and the brutal reprisal attacks that followed! I fear o!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Edemaya: 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2017
Rainmania:
Chai Christians are really threatened by a well dressed Muslim lady that stands her ground. Just see as dey quickly comot with daggers drawn. If Christian ladies dress decently to church Apostle Suleiman gate for no happen grin grin.

Just watch how they will lick my comment like ants to sugar grin grin
1,2,3 go
OMG I'm loving this.

Honestly, I don't how that disturbs their going to church!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Aremson14(m): 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
rhektor:

So you mean those who stopped her being called to bar are Christians?
No. I'm saying people should b objective... Most people here have problem with dis issue because it is related to Islam
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Edemaya: 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2017
badesco:
Rules are meant to be obeyed so they are right to have prevented her. What will it cause her to removed her hijab?

What will it cause them to keep her hijab!??
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by toye440: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
Y must u bring ur religion into everything Nigeria is not an Islamic state for crying out loud, this got me wondering what kind of Islam do they practice in UAE, that we dont see this hijab as an issue. Pls Nigeria is a secular state if they succeed in enforcing this hijab then our unity is a waste of time.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by lexy2014: 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
Stalwert:
Mynd44 kurusade is being complicated grin grin grin grin

The whole controversy made no sense, NBA suffers colonial hangover. They told firdusi it is a convention not a rule of law yet mund44 has been jumping from thread to thread to shouting it is NBA rule but they said it is convention not even a written rule how does a convention trumps the constitution?

It is clear that we have many terrorists in disguise terrorism in the heart people who will use every means to deprive Muslims of mudane rights others enjoy in other parts of the world, the only thing holding them back is their cowardice.

I repeat is it not Bokoharam when you work hard this hard to deprive Muslims ladies of their rights to education.
is it not wrong 2 deprive a brother&a sister or a husband &wife d right of sitting beside each other in d mosque?is that not depriving them their right to freedom of association?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by rhektor(m): 8:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
Aremson14:

No. I'm saying people should b objective... Most people here have problem with dis issue because it is related to Islam

Then you would have picked up one of their biased comments and trash it instead of this your hasty generalisation
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
Edemaya:

What will it cause them to keep her hijab!??
d secularity of d Nigerian state& d fact that every institution has its norms. If they say wearing of hijab contradicts d norms of that institution, y not comply?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by lexy2014: 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2017
adeblow:
Kenya is a member of common wealth, but they don't see the hijab thing as an issue. My people for naija don carry the thing for head
Here is a picture of their Chief justice with people being called to bar
are u aware that Kenyans drive right handed vehicles?so should we now adopt that cos we are both in Commonwealth?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by domchike(m): 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
This is not about Islam this is about obeying the ethics of ones profession.To deliberately wear such clothing show lack of respect to that Bar she wants to be sworned in

1 Like

Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by adeblow(m): 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
lexy2014:
are u aware that Kenyans drive right handed vehicles?so should we now adopt that cos we are both in Commonwealth?
What has right hand drive got to do with this??
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by olalekan1(m): 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
No convention of any association or group should deny another person his or her fundamental human right he or she enjoy under the Constitution. Just as the constitution permit her to wear hijab anywhere and the same NBA is also under the same constitution, NBA have to bend their rule on Hijab or any other religious outfit.
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Ummuihsan: 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2017
Okoroawusa:
The girl wanted publicity and she has it....the rest are statements after the fact.
They will call her next year but she don make name.
Controversy good o!
NAwa wool for una. But I think u don't have a problem going to the Bar with a short mini skirt. And perhaps wats ur problem with hijab. E dey pinch wuna for body?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by Ummuihsan: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
Okoroawusa:
The girl wanted publicity and she has it....the rest are statements after the fact.
They will call her next year but she don make name.
Controversy good o!
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by obidaddy: 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
Why is it that muslims will always peep into the Holy Bible to justify themselves, whereas you will never find Christians looking for justification from the quran?
Re: Sultan Of Sokoto Reacts To Hijab Controversy by emmanuelex1(m): 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
Since it is not a written rule, does that my cousin can wear his native to the ceremony? Note he is a traditional worshiper
Stalwert:
Mynd44 kurusade is being complicated grin grin grin grin

The whole controversy made no sense, NBA suffers colonial hangover. They told firdusi it is a convention not a rule of law yet mund44 has been jumping from thread to thread to shouting it is NBA rule but they said it is convention not even a written rule how does a convention trumps the constitution?

It is clear that we have many terrorists in disguise terrorism in the heart people who will use every means to deprive Muslims of mudane rights others enjoy in other parts of the world, the only thing holding them back is their cowardice.

I repeat is it not Bokoharam when you work hard this hard to deprive Muslims ladies of their rights to education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For Those Still Doubting Igbo jewish link read Carefully / Photos From Princess Adesola's 45th Birthday Celebration / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.