Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,063 members, 7,838,699 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

God Knows All Things, So Why Test Abraham? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Knows All Things, So Why Test Abraham? (404 Views)

Jesus Christ Knows All Things, Therefore He Is God Almighty. / Why Did God Get Angry With Adam And Eve If He Knows All? / Science Is The True Omniscient. Science Knows All and Our only hope not god (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Knows All Things, So Why Test Abraham? by donblade85555(m): 12:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
The bible made us believe that God knows the past, future and present.

The bible also made us know that God tested Abraham faith by telling him to kill his only son "Issac".

Since God knows the future, He suppose to know that Abraham will obey him, So why did he test him?

He shouldn't have tested Abraham since he can read everyone's mind like a book and also see the future.

1 Like

Re: God Knows All Things, So Why Test Abraham? by Jbfranklin: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
A persons "will" is strange in manifestation especially when it is in coalition with Gods will....You should know that God wouldn't test you if their isn't an activator ..you can relate to these in they case of Job...
they devil doesn't know they future...
he believes that he can get you at anytime..
I cannot answer your question but they spirit of "I am that I am" can...
Re: God Knows All Things, So Why Test Abraham? by enilove(m): 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
God knows everything . God knows humans beings can obey or disobey Him. He created us that way to give him glory.
He did not create us like zombies , He gave us the free will to think , to act, take personal decisions and freely obey Him and worship Him . That is what God wants.

Abraham could decide to give Isaac and not to give. Decision to obey and sacrifice Isaac , without higher force , was what God wanted to ascertain from Abraham.

This means that for human beings to go to the right or to the left is a personal choice God gave us.
God knows the outcome of going to the right and the outcome of going left ,even before you take the step or decision.

From things we do, God knows our end . When you stop doing those things , He knows where it will lead to. God can vouch for some people and can't for some because He knows their heart , which we have power to change as we wish. God knows those that are willing to change and those who will never.

Summary is , God did not know whether Abraham would decide to sacrifice Isaac or not because God gave us the sovereign power to take decisions .
That is why no one would be able to blame others or God for his or her decisions ,the consequence of which might be commendation or punishment.
Re: God Knows All Things, So Why Test Abraham? by donblade85555(m): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2017
enilove:
God knows everything . God knows humans beings can obey or disobey Him. He created us that way to give him glory.
He did not create us like zombies , He gave us the free will to think , to act, take personal decisions and freely obey Him and worship Him . That is what God wants.

Abraham could decide to give Isaac and not to give. Decision to obey and sacrifice Isaac , without higher force , was what God wanted to ascertain from Abraham.

This means that for human beings to go to the right or to the left is a personal choice God gave us.
God knows the outcome of going to the right and the outcome of going left ,even before you take the step or decision.

From things we do, God knows our end . When you stop doing those things , He knows where it will lead to. God can vouch for some people and can't for some because He knows their heart , which we have power to change as we wish. God knows those that are willing to change and those who will never.

Summary is , God did not know whether Abraham would decide to sacrifice Isaac or not because God gave us the sovereign power to take decisions .
That is why no one would be able to blame others or God for his or her decisions ,the consequence of which might be commendation or punishment.

So God can't see my future since he gave me fee will
Re: God Knows All Things, So Why Test Abraham? by Jbfranklin: 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
donblade85555:

he is in your future... they future has many branches and can be altered.... so he knows what next...
Re: God Knows All Things, So Why Test Abraham? by RemedyLab: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
Leave God matter for God

Your natural remedies are now live on
NaturalRemedyLab
Re: God Knows All Things, So Why Test Abraham? by enilove(m): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
donblade85555:

He can see your future with ease.
Your future is function of what you are right now and your actions or inactions of your present situations and your decisions ,right or wrong ,on what you intend to do about them.

God knows it

(1) (Reply)

Latest Cosmetology Discovered In Islam; Plastic Surgery In The 7th Century / “giving Of Tithe, Offering, First Fruit Is A Personal Decision” — Dr. D.k Olukoy / Pastor Docked For Duping Worshipper Of N1.1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.