Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church (36181 Views)

El-rufai Demolished Churches In Kaduna States (photos) / Ijaw Traditional Worshippers Hold End Of Year Thanksgiving In The River (Photos) / Anambra Catholic Church Flooded, Worshippers Hold Service In Front Of Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:15am On Dec 18, 2017
luvinhubby:
Useless governor.
That was how he demolished the homes of innocent Lagosians in Iwaya the other day because a child was killed for rituals and dumped beside a shrine. The stupid people came and demolished nearby homes and did not touch the shrine were the dead child was dumped.
this is wat u get when we do things without thinking the future those who constructed the road in time past if it was done well there ll be no need to demolish structure in future u do routine maintenance....moreso, if we have proper town planning erection of building ll be done well...alas here we are
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by luvinhubby(m): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
this is wat u get when we do things without thinking the future those who constructed the road in time past if it was done well there ll be no need to demolish structure in future u do routine maintenance....moreso, if we have proper town planning erection of building ll be done well...alas here we are

So what is your point?
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by OLISASDEJI(m): 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Today, i came across these angry congregation holding their service as usual in their demolished church in Igbogbo ikorodu

The church's one of the ancient structures pulled down, due to road construction. Right across it is the Popular CLUB 24, which has been levelled, with other structures some 30 metres away.

The church was removed, but the 'Orisa Oja' juju beside it, & the Oba of Igbogbo's palace on the other side are still standing erect...

Seun, lalasticlala, see this exclusive photo....

You are reporting a bias story. i live in igbogbo. part of the church and the palace will be demolished. Go the scene to verify your story. the shrine is sitting in the middle of the road. so tell me will they construct a bridge over the shrine? No one is angry in the town as everyone knows the benefits of the development. The Oba and the whole people have met and everyone gave their blessings to the construction.
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by ikorodureporta: 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
OLISASDEJI:

You are reporting a bias story. i live in igbogbo. part of the church and the palace will be demolished. Go the scene to verify your story. the shrine is sitting in the middle of the road. so tell me will they construct a bridge over the shrine? No one is angry in the town as everyone knows the benefits of the development. The Oba and the whole people have met and everyone gave their blessings to the construction.

what i'm tryn to emphasize on is that a church service was held on the rubbles. Do u thnk a person in his right state of mind would want to do that, if not for anger
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by pheesayor(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
the house demolition in Iwaya was of houses built on land claimed to be owned by UNILAG
luvinhubby:
Useless governor.
That was how he demolished the homes of innocent Lagosians in Iwaya the other day because a child was killed for rituals and dumped beside a shrine. The stupid people came and demolished nearby homes and did not touch the shrine were the dead child was dumped.
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by OLISASDEJI(m): 4:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
ikorodureporta:

what i'm tryn to emphasize on is that a church service was held on the rubbles. Do u thnk a person in his right state of mind would want to do that, if not for anger

The topic you choose does not correspond to your thought. Mind the way you convey your thought. Religion and Ethnicity is a very sensitive issue in this part of the world. Can you imagine the ripple effect of what would have happened assuming there was a breakout?
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:39am On Dec 19, 2017
luvinhubby:

So what is your point?
the point is proper planning like is done in saner climes will save us from issues like this.....for eg a road that shd be four lane ll be constructed two lanes and money is chop den later in future another sum ll be expended on it with sm attendant destruction...its a pity the black race has a mentality wahala
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by ikorodureporta: 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
OLISASDEJI:

The topic you choose does not correspond to your thought. Mind the way you convey your thought. Religion and Ethnicity is a very sensitive issue in this part of the world. Can you imagine the ripple effect of what would have happened assuming there was a breakout?

so what shld ve bn d topic?

U'r d one wit a biased mind, cos i only reported what i saw on sunday. The palace & shrine in place, and church demolished.

Do u think if it was a natural disaster that hit that area, it wld have selected only d church undecided
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by OLISASDEJI(m): 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2017
ikorodureporta:

so what shld ve bn d topic?

U'r d one wit a biased mind, cos i only reported what i saw on sunday. The palace & shrine in place, and church demolished.

Do u think if it was a natural disaster that hit that area, it wld have selected only d church undecided

How do you know what will be destroyed and what will stand if there is a natural disaster? Is it only the palace and the shrine that is still yet to be demolished? Have you gone to the end of the road to see what they have yet to touch? Have they demolish the health centre? It is still going to be demolish. so why did you like to read meaning into what you see. Is it only church that is demolish? Didnt the construction company demolish a mosque also or what of peoples houses? why is it that you only see church only. when problem starts, you dont know the extent to which it may spread to. Becareful of raising religious issue online. As i had told you ealier, religion, ethnic matter is a very sensitive issue in this part of the world.
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by ikorodureporta: 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
OLISASDEJI:

How do you know what will be destroyed and what will stand if there is a natural disaster? Is it only the palace and the shrine that is still yet to be demolished? Have you gone to the end of the road to see what they have yet to touch? Have they demolish the health centre? It is still going to be demolish. so why did you like to read meaning into what you see. Is it only church that is demolish? Didnt the construction company demolish a mosque also or what of peoples houses? why is it that you only see church only. when problem starts, you dont know the extent to which it may spread to. Becareful of raising religious issue online. As i had told you ealier, religion, ethnic matter is a very sensitive issue in this part of the world.

i spoke d truth, but u'r bringing in religious & ethnic sentiments. I sampled d 24 area, so talking abouy tinubu way shldnt arise. Bsides, like i said, i made d post because of d peopl in d church....

...no tym for argmnt
Re: Igbogbo Demolition: Angry Worshippers Hold Service In Demolished Church by ikorodureporta: 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
basmur:
in this kind of situation it is better not judge too quickly, maybe some arrangement is on for relocation of those building... I trust lag government! Anything obstructing their way for road constructions usually get demolished even if its state property....LASU comes mind, the school fence acting as obstacle obstrucing the ongoing project of babdagry expressway is currently been demolish. Back then, many would have felt the govt is been partial as many buildings along that same road has long been demolished leaving only the university fence untouched... So, let wait and see what become of the shrine and palace when the constructions has fully started

update: They'v removed the shrine!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huge Fire On OPM Pastor Chinyere's Street In Port Harcourt (Video, Pics) / The Pastors I Respect Most In Nigeria. / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.