Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Ekaette Song Gets Banned - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ekaette Song Gets Banned (12512 Views)

New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / Download Iyanya Ft Mi Bad Man+sexy Mama Ft Wizkid+ekaette+high Ft Dammy Krane / Maye Hunta - Ekaette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 03, 2010
NA FOR TV/RADIO THEY BAN AM. DEM NO FIT BAN AM ON MY COMPUTER SHALL OR THE INTERNET.   grin grin grin grin

THEY ARE MANY SONG THAT ARE MORE MORE AND MORE BAD I MEAN WORSE THAN THIS VIDEO.

SOON THEM GO BAN KONDO BY DGRIN

THEM NO GET WORK FOR THEIR NBC OFFICE.

ALWAYS MOVING BACKWARD
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by FACE(m): 9:26am On Apr 03, 2010
Well deserved ban. I can't understand why some people think it is OK for kids to be exposed to such music. Anyone who feels the need to listen to the music should go get the CD for private use. (by the way I listen to worse in my car, but would switch to radio if my kids were in the car)

Also, although I think that the "Ekaete/Calabar girls" stereotype is wrong and disrespectful, it should not be a reason for the ban since we all have the rights to say what we we want as long as it doesn't involve direct/personal slander.

Can I also say that "Calabar people" have been at the receiving end of insults from very ignorant people from all corners of Nigeria and it is not fair. Be it known to all that they are among the best people on earth. Very easy going and accommodating set of people. Very hardworking, social and keen on education. People should not take their humility for stupidity. Maybe, they need to assert themselves more, because it is war zone out there !

To all those that love to stereotype and make jokes at the expence of others, please note that "although young men throw stones at frogs is sports, the frogs do not die in sports, but in earnest"
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2010
FACE:

Well deserved ban. I can't understand why some people think it is OK for kids to be exposed to such music. Anyone who feels the need to listen to the music should go get the CD for private use. (by the way I listen to worse in my car, but would switch to radio if my kids were in the car)

Also, although I think that the "Ekaete/Calabar girls" stereotype is wrong and disrespectful, it should not be a reason for the ban since we all have the rights to say what we we want as long as it doesn't involve direct/personal slander.

Can I also say that "Calabar people" have been at the receiving end of insults from very ignorant people from all corners of Nigeria and it is not fair. Be it known to all that they are among the best people on earth. Very easy going and accommodating set of people. Very hardworking, social and keen on education. People should not take their humility for stupidity. Maybe, they need to assert themselves more, because it is war zone out there !

To all those that love to stereotype and make jokes at the expence of others, please note that "although young men throw stones at frogs is sports, the frogs do not die in sports, but in earnest"

YOU SOUND LIKE MU MU, grin grin grin grin
how old are u before you have your first s .e .x?
NA this song go make kids go wild abi,

calabar girls has been receiving bad stereotype. she na nie. they are good in bed now grin grin grin

what about
DBANJ KOKO
DAGRIN KONDO
9ice: BOKINIYEN

NO COME HERE COME DEM DO HOLY HOLY HERE.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Regiblinkz(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2010
I am prodigy i am the best after biggy(free me,
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by tosinaded(m): 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2010
Mr face i guess everytn on radio is gd 4 ur children abi?
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by shadrach77: 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2010
pls does anybody have this song? can anybody provide a link to download it?
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Genuflect(m): 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2010
shadrach77:

pls does anybody have this song? can anybody provide a link to download it?
http://www.4shared.com/file/203025756/17be76ac/Maye_Hunta_-_Ekaette.html?s=1
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Carlosein(m): 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

Mr face i guess everytn on radio is gd 4 your children abi?

Pls ask him for us grin
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2010
Carlosein:

Pls ask him for us grin

i dey wait for him,
mshwe
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by muelzik(m): 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2010
The action of the NBC is directionally routed to the right track. You see, I am one of the many lovers of this song yet I be from calabar. Its instrumentals, the rhythm and tune of the song to me is fine but make we tell ourselves the truth na. Consider the kids listening to these songs. I am into music too and concerned on what I write to educate and if na for fun, I totally derails from using illicites, retard lyrics, and do not beleive in obscene videos because of our kids who in a short time simply join to chorus along. Mark my words, free madness by terry G will join the list soon. Pls let us take our minds back to the early music of alex o, blacky, the one love woman singer (forgot her name), mike okri etc. Most of them are quite educative. Let us go back to the drawing board and write good lyrics on good tunes, and use nice instrumentals, and forget about saying 'after all, the for yankee them bad pass'. They no be we and we no be them chikena. we will be doing to entire world a relief if we change our attitudes to the better.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Oba234: 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2010
wow, why exactly are they banning it? Thank God I live in the IS where anything goes. This is silliness. There is nothing in that song that warrant banning. Nigeria and their conservative mentality is so annoying.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by kingron: 10:29pm On Apr 03, 2010
FACE:

dude pls think b4 u talk, nd those ur children u re trying 2 protect dont have any other means of listening 2 song apart 4rm ur f***ed radio, get a life dude
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Nobody: 3:19am On Apr 04, 2010
Which children you dey protect. self

which sextual thing weydey for this video

i do look more than 10times now

THERE IS SOMETHING MORE TO THIS

What about
LOLIPOP by lil wayne
PIPER FT TERRG FORGOT THE TITLE. OF THAT SONG

PLEASE CHECK THE VIDEO PLEASE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqu0XY1PHA&feature=related
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by TmeD0(m): 5:09am On Apr 04, 2010
i'm still trying to find what was wrong with this guy's video that warranted the senseless ban.

what these bunch of hypocritical boneheads at NBC doesn't understand is that not only have they created awareness for this dude's music, they've also propelled his career at a lightning speed.

my question now is: why did it take those bunch of fcuktards from back of beyond at NBC five months to decide they will ban the song?

unless there's more to this story that we don't know about.  undecided
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by ibiyooye(m): 10:25am On Apr 04, 2010
NBC, they are just full of ignorant, they will not do what they suppose to do. Perhaps they should look for other means of getting money not by the way of ruin others job : angry
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by MPEROR: 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2010
Nigeria is trying to re brand its image, Akwa Ibom/Calabar people are trying do away with the EKAETTE stereotype and i think that is the main reason for the ban, maybe the artist can release one and replace the EKAETTE with IYABO and that might see more records Akwa Ibom are quite assertive people someone give we need to do more of that too much can be obnoxious,do i like the ban? i have known freedom for too long
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by mrofficial(m): 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2010
hypocrite for naija na something else grin. corruption fathers say one thing corrupt. cheesy

Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2010
MPEROR:

Nigeria is trying to re brand its image, Akwa Ibom/Calabar people are trying do away with the EKAETTE stereotype and i think that is the main reason for the ban, maybe the artist can release one and replace the EKAETTE with IYABO and that might see more records Akwa Ibom are quite assertive people someone give we need to do more of that too much can be obnoxious,do i like the ban? i have known freedom for too long

see you.

iyabo kor iyabo obasanjo ni.

iyabo don get belle
iyabo belle

he sweet for your ear?

Mshew
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by mrofficial(m): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2010
ActiveMan:

see you.

iyabo kor iyabo obasanjo ni.

iyabo don get belle
iyabo belle

he sweet for your ear?

Mshew

grin grin grin grin No be cross river calabar dey?
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2010
lmao grin grin grin una wan kill for me here ooo grin grin
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by richmanel(m): 10:48pm On Apr 04, 2010
Guess they should go get a digital censoring machine to be used from now onwards in naija. grin
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by manmagnet(f): 10:56pm On Apr 04, 2010
ActiveMan:

YOU SOUND LIKE MU MU, grin grin grin grin
how old are u before you have your first s .e .x?
NA this song go make kids go wild abi,

calabar girls has been receiving bad stereotype. she na nie. they are good in bed now grin grin grin

what about
DBANJ KOKO
DAGRIN KONDO
9ice: BOKINIYEN

NO COME HERE COME DEM DO HOLY HOLY HERE.

GBAM
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by alienYOUTH(m): 1:53am On Apr 05, 2010
9jaaaa, we always hav this thang for "Majoring on d Minor" and "Minoring on d Major" tongue; wat ever happened to attacking d ISSUE and not the PERSON!!!

Maybe this shld be another thread, "Why do men screw their House G's / Baby Nanny". I have a housegirl wit JOGS shocked the size of Texas, that dont mean i wanna do her!
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by ilosiwaju: 8:23am On Apr 05, 2010
Is NBC's boss a calabar man? Bloo.dy hypocrites.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by Freestyl(m): 9:32am On Apr 06, 2010
are u sure it is not april fool as usual

Thought as much!
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by kehindebad(m): 11:16am On Apr 06, 2010
Eeya, if its true, NBC just helped promote the song a lil bit more,
there's some sort of exclusivity about banned songs, especially when you think about
beng beng beng by femi etc,
sha it pained me that they banned songs by St. Janet sha, although i was lucky i got them before the ban.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by eastOFwest(m): 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2010
I don't know the guidelines that NBC works to. If it's anything like the watchdog that they have in the U.K., then it'll be mostly based on complaints received. So, if they receive a certain number of compliants they have to act.

Anyway sha, I been know say dat song fit get problem because I know say some Calabar/Akwa Ibom people dey a bit touchy with people stereotyping them in dat way.

E be like say na Maye way b dat, because him get anoda video (love song) wey one stereotypical Ibo man (with traffic stopping accent) just dey scatter mouth for the intro.
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2010
Nairlanders, NBC is a lot like any Federal Institution, they have the very rare psychological condition that allows them to hold two contradictory realities while accepting both as equally true and correct from all aspects of intellectual decision-making.

1: They ban music videos and music suggestive of sexual acts but decide that Mercy Johnson wear barely cotton-pads and show her cleavage and thighs and mound to the audience and it is very okay.
2: They ban music with lyrics suggestive of the act of sex but let obesere and his ilk (fuji acts) have girls roll bottoms and bend-down Ass-up face-down with some dude with a microphone poking her behind.
3: They say it is not fit for kids to watch but TV stations Air Family Guy an Adult theme Cartoon with foul language and sex scenes for our kids to watch when they come back from School angry
It takes a clinically insane (not a hypocrite or biased nigguh) person to accept two realities at once and choose to take one option for two identical situation grin

When you employ monkeys into a position of power, they use their banana brains to make decisions that make you look like a monkey
Re: Ekaette Song Gets Banned by tosinaded(m): 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

Nairlanders, NBC is a lot like any Federal Institution, they have the very rare psychological condition that allows them to hold two contradictory realities while accepting both as equally true and correct from all aspects of intellectual decision-making.

1: They ban music videos and music suggestive of sexual acts but decide that Mercy Johnson wear barely cotton-pads and show her cleavage and thighs and mound to the audience and it is very okay.
2: They ban music with lyrics suggestive of the act of intimacy but let obesere and his ilk (fuji acts) have girls roll bottoms and bend-down backside-up face-down with some dude with a microphone poking her behind.
3: They say it is not fit for kids to watch but TV stations Air Family Guy an Adult theme Cartoon with foul language and intimacy scenes for our kids to watch when they come back from School angry
It takes a clinically insane (not a hypocrite or biased nigguh) person to accept two realities at once and choose to take one option for two identical situation grin

When you employ monkeys into a position of power, they use their banana brains to make decisions that make you look like a monkey

over point dey worry u jare! i dey feel u

#itsnaija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Teefamous - Aronipin / Timaya – “Bam Bam” Ft. Olamide (Video) / Tekno – Samantha (audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.