Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes (2248 Views)

Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. / How to tackle the Problem of Corruption Cankerworm In Nigeria! / Releasing Chibok Girls Information Will Damage Ties With Nigeria –UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by Arosa(m): 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes
grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by Blazay(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
Only one with the worst case of self-denial will state that Nigeria's problems has nothing to do with tribes.
It has EVERYTHING to do with tribes. Who are you trying to deceive with all the usual big-big grammar? cheesy

EVERY Nigerian(including myself) is a savage, primitive, tribalist FIRST before a Nigerian. The difference with civilized nations.
Twa!
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
Blazay:

Only one with the worst case of self-denial will state that Nigeria's problems has nothingto do with tribes.
It has EVERYTHING to do with tribes. Who are you trying to deceive with all the usual big-big grammar? cheesy

EVERY Nigerian(including myself) is a savage, primitive, tribalist FIRST before a Nigerian. The difference with civilized nations.
Twa!

Speak for yourself, buddy. Nice to know you are a savage, primitive, tribalist first, before being a Nigerian.

I admire your honesty though, but not every Nigerian is like you.
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by Genius100: 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ikengawo, your head correct no be small. People that think Nigeria's problem is due to ethnicity are simply imbeciles. I look at Igbo people shout about Biafra, that it would have been an eldorado. Well, the closest approximation of Biafra is the current SE states. Afterall these states are governed by Igbo people. Look at Abia, Imo and their rogue leaders. Then I see some Yoruba clowns talk about Odua. Look no further than Oyo state with the likes of Alao Akala. Look at Ogun state with Gbenga Daniel.

Then Niger Delta people shout about marginalization. Meanwhile their people like Alams, Ibori, Sylva and co are robbing them blind. But they want to blame other ethnic groups. Nigeria really needs to wake up. The number one problem in Nigeria is CORRUPTION. Stamp out corruption and watch thinks take off.
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by udezue(m): 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
Genius100:

Ikengawo, your head correct no be small. People that think Nigeria's problem is due to ethnicity are simply imbeciles. I look at Igbo people shout about Biafra, that it would have been an eldorado. Well, the closest approximation of Biafra is the current SE states. Afterall these states are governed by Igbo people. Look at Abia, Imo and their rogue leaders. Then I see some Yoruba clowns talk about Odua. Look no further than Oyo state with the likes of Alao Akala. Look at Ogun state with Gbenga Daniel.

Then Niger Delta people shout about marginalization. Meanwhile their people like Alams, Ibori, Sylva and co are robbing them blind. But they want to blame other ethnic groups. Nigeria really needs to wake up. The number one problem in Nigeria is CORRUPTION. Stamp out corruption and watch thinks take off.

Your father na mbecile.
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by jason123: 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2011
Genius100:

WELL SAID! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU WISDOM!!!
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by Abagworo(m): 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
The truth remains the truth.All these tribal bullsh*t exists only amongst the low life.They are neither exposed nor inter-married.
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by 9ijaMan: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
jason123:

WELL SAID! MAY GOD CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU WISDOM!!!
Amen.

Tribal/Ethnic and/or religious bigotry is certainly not the real problems we have. An like most have alluded to, stamp out corruption and see what Nigeria and Nigerians can become. In my limited years of travelings and working in different cultures, despite our horrible 419 label, Nigerians are still respected at their work places.

When I had my last baby, organized a get together, I was amazed at how much efforts everyone put into it regardless of their tribal and religious affiliations. In fact I almost didn't spend a dime as the most women brought food from their homes to cook in my house. I have also witnessed so many similar episodes.

If there was anything I learnt from such gatherings, it the fact that we may have our differences as a people, but we sure have a lot in common. All we need to do is to wipe out corruption and annex the strenghts in us and the sky will be our starting point!
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by Blazay(m): 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2011
Aigbofa:

Speak for yourself, buddy. Nice to know you are a savage, primitive, tribalist first, before being a Nigerian.

I admire your honesty though, but not every Nigerian is like you.   

At least I am honest, unlike ALL of you on NL and Nigeria.
If you were so loving of yourselves as non-tribalists, you would have been a super power way ahead of China by now.
But triabalism and nepotism keeps pulling you downwards and backwards, you cannot even afford electricity/adequate plumbing in all your Nigerian mansions!

Ha! cheesy
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by Arosa(m): 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
According to the biblical account, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "with its top in the heavens, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the Earth." God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withholden from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth."(Genesis 11:5-cool.
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by Arosa(m): 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2011
Tribes = Division and division weakens a "Country"and keeps their oppressors in.
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by udezue(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2011
I am a product of more than one ethnic nationality but I still know our problem in Nigeria is also ethnic.
Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by ShangoThor(m): 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2011
[size=18pt]The problem with Nigeria is mostly to do with regions. [/size]

Tribalism is a colonial construct. The Igbos were never one people and neither were the Yorubas.
What hitherto existed were loosely affiliated Polities through language.

The rivalry and competing element between the regions stems from our colonial setup (please do your historical research).

There is north and south period. What we call tribalism and religion just compounds the issue. For instance, thats why
the more progressive southern muslims are not clamouring for the implentation of Sharia law in the south.

Nigeria is already logically split. There is a massive difference between that which exists (reality); and the way things ought to be.

Re: The Problem With Nigeria Has Nothing To Do With Tribes by Adonike(m): 8:32pm On Jan 20, 2011
^^^
I'm still thinking whether you have a point or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aide To Gov.ikedi Ohakim Threatens Imo State Blog Author. / FG Renames WAI Brigade / Mugabe Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.