Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Letter To My Generation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To My Generation. (348 Views)

My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka / My Generation Has Failed Nigerians – Wole Soyinka / Dear Atiku: Please Save My Generation From Codeine And Empower Us With Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To My Generation. by 123mindshifter: 3:10am On Dec 18, 2017
Dear Young Nigerians,

Being thankful for becoming a year older today, I’ve decided to share a bit with you particularly in the area of building a better Nigeria. My message is no matter your current discipline, don't see technology as just another field of specialty and yourself as a mere consumer, instead see it as a lifestyle and nation building tool. Learn to create valuable technology solutions, solve problems, gather wealth, build this nation, and let's all live happily ever after!

#History_101
I’ve researched and learnt that there have been several generations of Nigerian people, each tasked with a common purpose or mission. The first generation was tasked with liberation, the next generation was tasked with revealing resources and they produced scholars and discovered Oil.

Now, we are in a new generation and I believe we are tasked with a mission to take Nigeria from a developing nation to become a developed nation.

I also believe our mission will be achieved, not by fighting war, not by cursing or fighting leaders, not by blaming churches, not just by prayers, not by division, but by using the power of technology.

Technology is the key performance indicator of developed nations. Technology allows many countries to grow more crops, use information efficiently, have better health care, leverage demographics info to distribute resources, prevent corruption and provide security, measure governance; hold leaders accountable and many more. The bottom line is always technology.

#Technology_and_Us
If it’s technology, don’t we have people who are capable of using technology to solve problems in this nation? – Yes we do, my generation is a generation of living Nigerians born after 1980 and this generation is highly exposed to technology, but unfortunately only a few have learnt how to use it to solve problems, others have refused to see it as a tool for solving problems; rather we see it as a tool for having fun, showing off, spreading rumors, relaxing and sharing photos on social media.

We have left technology solutions to other countries to create for us and we see ourselves as consumers of technology. We blame our older generation and leaders for all our problems and refuse to do anything about them because we think we can’t, forgetting that we have a powerful tool within our reach. This must be why Prof. Wole Soyinka declared our generation as a wasted generation.

But hear me, my young people, there isn't a thing that you see or use today that didn't come from the mind of someone who was most likely not even as smart as you.

They said we are a developing nation doesn't mean we're developing just by growing older, it means they think our youths are actually innovating and mixing passion with hardship to create solutions. Ask yourself, are you really doing that?

If no, then next time something is wrong instead of pointing fingers at the government or blaming your parents, look in the mirror and point fingers at yourself too! If you don't do what you're supposed to do, what right do you really have to blame other people?

Read more on my facebook page @ https://web.facebook.com/omijieo/

Please like my facebook page for more detailed ideas, philosophy, actions steps all in a bid to bring the Nigerian dream to life, to become a developed nation. Thanks.
Re: Letter To My Generation. by chiagozien(m): 3:39am On Dec 18, 2017
Blood of five million of my people killed by nigeria and nigerians is crying for vengeance, until the right things is done nothing for your nigeria.
Re: Letter To My Generation. by nzeobi(m): 5:39am On Dec 18, 2017
nice write up, I hope it's not for this generation that will not read more than two sentences from it but will focus on who bought new shoes and clothes on instagram.

(1) (Reply)

How Osun Spent Its Paris Club Refund / Declare Secondus’ Election Null And Void, Adedoja Asks Court / Nigerian Governors, Speakers Hold Emergency Meeting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.