Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka (18655 Views)

”religion Is The Number One Problem For Nigerians” – Wole Soyinka / My Generation Has Failed Nigerians – Wole Soyinka / Buhar's Government Has Failed Nigerians - Northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by unclexofficial: 3:50am On Apr 24, 2019
Wole Soyinka who spoke on Hard Talk, a BBC programme, stated that his generation has failed Nigerians as the  dreams people of his generation had about the country had not materialised.Wole Soyinka gave the above response when he was asked by anchor of the programme, Zeinab Badawi “Has your generation of older Nigerians failed the people?” The Nobel laureate said; 

“Yes, I believe so. I compare today with dreams and aspirations we had when we all rushed home after studies abroad. We considered ourselves the renaissance people that were going to lift the continent to world standards, competitors anywhere. It hasn’t happened.”

Asked to comment about the 2019 presidential election, he said, “The 2019 election is one of the most depressing elections we’ve been through. Talking for myself, it wasn’t possible for me to make a choice for the simple reason that both candidates (President Muhammadu Buhari and Atiku Abubakar) had histories – one immediate, one past – which made one look for alternatives.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/24/my-generation-has-failed-nigerians-wole-soyinka/

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Fadomero(m): 5:04am On Apr 24, 2019
thank God u are part of the generation olodo generation

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Racoon(m): 5:28am On Apr 24, 2019
Yeah! When supposed well read and exposed fellas like you openly and defiantly go for a dullard cum tyrannt that have no requisite educational qualifications but is proposing to build & name a Univ.after himself in order to massage his ego.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:29am On Apr 24, 2019
Talk talk talk, after talk Wole Soyinka will drink a few bottles of liquor then goes back to sleep

That all he has to offer!!!

Shey na talk we go eat

Has any of his talk bring out any effective change in Nigeria

I think not!

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by orisa37: 5:43am On Apr 24, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Talk talk talk, after talk Wole Soyinka will drink a few bottles of liquor then goes back to sleep

Shey na talk we go eat

I think not!

I hope Tinubu will not sell Soyinka to the Sahel Region? The Igbos are watching.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by GregNl: 6:15am On Apr 24, 2019
This one touch me
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by jidamsel43(m): 6:18am On Apr 24, 2019
Yes. That is blatant true. Any man above 70 should not be allowed to govern Nigerians at any level again

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by johnemeka(m): 6:31am On Apr 24, 2019
Good but what is the solution?

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by wordcat(m): 6:33am On Apr 24, 2019
unclexofficial:

“Yes, I believe so. I compare today with dreams and aspirations we had when we all rushed home after studies abroad. We considered ourselves the renaissance people that were going to lift the continent to world standards, competitors anywhere. It hasn’t happened

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/24/my-generation-has-failed-nigerians-wole-soyinka/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by lonelydora: 6:52am On Apr 24, 2019
Your generation failed Nigeria greatly, but the greater blame goes to the younger generations that keep voting them in.

The problem with Nigeria is those that have power do not have ideas, and those that have ideas do not have power.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 24, 2019
Now, I am loving this!

The Soyinka's generation, the ones who parented the now generation of the youths can be blamed for the challenges facing the youths of today.

The majority youths of this generation were brought up with strong mentality of Dependency.

That makes it tough to get the youths rise to their feet and take 100% responsibilities their lives.

If you are above 21 years and still being feed by your parents, you gotta sit down and think deep about your life.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Kay512: 6:54am On Apr 24, 2019
He should have worded it differently. “Yes, WE have.”

“Yes, I believe so” is not strong enough.
----
Read 25 Bill Gates Quotes to Inspire You.

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Kingluqman(m): 6:54am On Apr 24, 2019
They failed us and now they are still our problem. Why all of una generation no die sef

2 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Forreellinc: 6:54am On Apr 24, 2019
undecided this one no go shut up, na to dey yan dust upandan
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by success1smyn(m): 6:55am On Apr 24, 2019
Yes sir in many ways.
Your generation is full of self centered nepotistic corrupt people who are interested in milking nigeria dry. They set the pace for everything we see in nigeria today

3 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by chinavs9ja(m): 6:55am On Apr 24, 2019
Yes that is the fact...

You can get your professional website today...check my signature
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by ekestic1976(f): 6:55am On Apr 24, 2019
OP, this is WRONG. You've just quoted Soyinka out of context. I just read the said Interview; all you have done was leaving out a large portion of the Interview. Be a honest man now and publish the Interview verbatim! Consider this a Challenge - you may win a Medal for Honesty yet.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Btruth: 6:56am On Apr 24, 2019
Especially that man they call "Ebora owu".

2 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Dacronym(m): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Shey na talk we go eat

I think not!
Lol nobody sends anyone

2 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by dipopooo(m): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2019
To make things work in Nigeria, we have to kill all their generations

4 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by jnrbayano(m): 6:57am On Apr 24, 2019
Chinua Achebe was that man that talked and yet acted as well

RIP sir

4 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by Emmerlee(m): 6:57am On Apr 24, 2019
..and it's looking like the current generation is about to fail themselves and the next generation too. I have never seen a set of 'yoots' so self-destructive, ignorant and foolish like ones we currently have.

We still have a few sound minds though, but the ratio of the idiotic ones to the sound ones is like 4:1 grin grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by dallyemmy: 6:57am On Apr 24, 2019
The selfish and greedy generation

3 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:57am On Apr 24, 2019
It was Buhari who failed Nigeria

A man who truncated democracy in the 80s

Rewarded for derailing the country in 2015

Put the country in recession in 2016

Now it's glaring that it's survival of the fittest

4 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by jnrbayano(m): 6:57am On Apr 24, 2019
Emmerlee:

Why?
Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by lonelydora: 6:58am On Apr 24, 2019
jidamsel43:
Yes. That is blatant true. Any man above 70 should not be allowed to govern Nigerians at any level again

70 is way too high

5 Likes

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by CalabarPikin: 6:58am On Apr 24, 2019
Yeah...
They failed wella.....

Funny enough my generation still prefer yours....

They keep bringing dem from creeks and villages to rule instead of allowing them to rest already....

The saying "youths are leaders of tomorrow" is very far from our dictionary....

1 Like

Re: My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 6:59am On Apr 24, 2019
your afonja generation failed Nigeria...... by betrayal

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Want Christian Court — Bauchi CAN Tells Constitution Review Committee / Femi Adesina: President Buhari Has Shown Mercy To Fani-Kayode / Social Media Our Greatest Nightmare- Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.