Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Shut Your Mouths,nigeria Is A Religious State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shut Your Mouths,nigeria Is A Religious State (650 Views)

Tinubu: I Never Described Buhari As A Religious Bigot / Shut Your Mouth, Stop Behaving Like A Cry-baby - Fayose Fires Shots To Ekiti CJ / ROTIMI AMAECHI PLEASE SHUT YOUR YEYE MOUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shut Your Mouths,nigeria Is A Religious State by acupikin: 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2017
SHUT YOUR MOUTHS,NIGERIA IS A RELIGIOUS STATE

Until this hijab discord, I didn't know that Nigeria was a secularist state. Tell me, did you know with all its religious institutions making laws for the state and people having to swear on the holy books (Bible and Qur'an) before being inaugurated into public offices? All sectors of the federation including the lopsided jury is religiously inclined. If not, why is the head of the law school telling us about his daughter wearing hijab during her graduation. Even when she didn't school in our country? Going further to show us that our leaders have no faith in our own educational system. That's not my problem, I am just flustered by the recent verisimilitude that Nigeria is a secularist state, yet the religious institutions makes all its laws,decrees and edicts. Tell me isn't religion merged with the state? Why do they sponsor politicians, pastors, imams and others to go on pilgrimages in Jerusalem and Mecca? Why do they infuse Christian religious knowledge and Islamic education into our school systems? Why do they pray before the opening of each meetings in every organization? Well, I think it must be a case of semantics or you all don't know what secularism mean. Secularism entails "A position that religious beliefs should not influence public and governmental decisions. The related political belief in the separation of church and state". Jokes on you all. Nigeria is a religious state. Don't tell me nonsense! When did we separate religious beliefs and sanctions from the state? Isn't religion a grand anchorman of our constitution even? Isn't religion the reason I'll be convicted if I beat my Instruments in a way that splashes my semen? Separate religion from the state and we will have this discourse. Whoever said Nigeria is a secular state is a drunk with punitive proclamation. Quote me anywhere, this is a place where secularist are hunted and castigated. So what makes it a secular entity when the real secularist are discriminated? when was an atheist a viable person in this country? If not a lost sheep, the hell bound and the one prepared for eternal damnation! Secularist state? My foot!!!!!!! Don't even get me more paranoid by your double stroller and stupid definiendums! This is a religious state, don't seek asylum in wrong definitions when you end up breaking your own rules. She broke a code of conduct. She must be sanctioned in line with the ethics of the profession. Don't even go assuming Nigeria is a secularist state. It is not.

by sanusi abiodun
source-https://sanusiblog.com/2017/12/religion/shut-mouthsnigeria-religious-state/

Re: Shut Your Mouths,nigeria Is A Religious State by acupikin: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
cc:lalasticlala seun
Re: Shut Your Mouths,nigeria Is A Religious State by princechurchill(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2017
Religion the biggest problem of the world

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Makes Move To Generate And Distribute Electricity Independently / The Prophetic Flashlight Of Trump/Jerusalem/Muslim Community Brouhaha / Now That Pmb Has 'failed':

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.