Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,201 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng (19672 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: 'Soldiers, Police Attack My Lawyer’s House, Kill 3' / Photos Of Anti Okorocha Protesters Begging For Participants With Microphone / Ipob Members Stage Anti-okorocha Rally In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Abagworo(m): 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
See the losers wasting their voice at Douglas. Tell them to show you their dispersed crowd. Ndi ara!

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by otokx(m): 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
Its obvious that Nigerians are not ready.
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by OlaMiki: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
POLITICAL PROTEST SPONSORED BY THE LOOTING PHEEDEEPHEE
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by dieBYfire: 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Handful of people carrying placards...that one na protest?

Expect Okoroocha supporters to Stage a mega rally in His support in the coming days grin grin

Sorry Ma! No more likes for u ... That's how unuseful you have become on Nairaland. I can see your tone is now sounding a lol bit PDPish grin

Welcome back home child.
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by dieBYfire: 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
Abagworo:
These people are so stupid and have run out of ideas. The protest flopped because people on ground are happy with Okorocha leaving the organizers with less than 15 people in attendance. They even used microphone to go mobilize people at Douglas but were ignored. There was no confrontation with Police.

And they are fools to you because they are speak out against bad Leadership? undecided
People like you don't end well, they either die of Stroke or Incurable Madness... Since you have adopted a devil like Rochas as your father, be sure to loose at least 5 members of your family every month till there are all consumed!
Cheers grin

1 Like

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Sibigam1(m): 6:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
Why protest and make yourself vulnerable to assault from the police and injuries when he got only a year left to go.

After 7 years y'all are protesting? Don't be stupid and careless at the same time.

They should chill.

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by sureheaven(m): 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
You are more than stupid.... GREATEST slowpoke EVER

Pained ipob, u are cursed with bad leaders and coward. From Ojukwu to okorocha, Nnamdi kanu just name them
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by martjay(m): 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
aonag:
Lol. Then Okoroauwsa would rent his own crowd supporting him and police would protect them properly.. Useless country.. Make them give me petrol and lighter wey fit set the whole country ablaze, I would happily do it.

That is not the right way to solve Nigeria's problem. Let's encourage and support any credible person that wants to contest for an elective position. In so doing, we are getting rid of the bad ones.
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by nkemdi89(f): 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
Kiakia:
Police is not answerable to the governor. Nigeria Police is not State Police.
Yes they are not constitutionally, but in principle they are, even with this present dispensation it is worst, the governor has the power to choose the compol he wants to work with and if he isn't loyal to him, he picks his phone and called the IG direct. Which compol would love with his rank to be posted to force headquarters with any income generating position? Remember the posting of compol is political .
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Kbs468(m): 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
computerwiz2:
Police on Monday morning attacked protesters on a peaceful protest against the Rochas Okorocha government in Imo State.

The protest, tagged ‘Occupy Owerri’, which is expected to last for one week, was called by Imo People’s Action for Democracy, IPAD, against the policies of the Governor Okorocha administration.

Chief among the grouse of the protesters is the erection of statues in Owerri, the state capital, costing millions of naira, when the state is still owing workers salaries and pensions.

They are also opposed to the appointment of the governor’s sister as Commissioner for Happiness and Purpose Fulfilment.

The group had written to the police and the State Security Service for security during the rally. While the SSS gave approval for the rally to hold, the police asked that the rally be shifted till after the yuletide period.

But the group refused, arguing that the police have no right to stop it from protesting.

Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES on Monday, the coordinator of the group, Aku Obidinma, said police fired tear gas at the protesters, beat them up and also confiscated their placards as they began the peaceful protest.

He said they won’t be deterred by the actions of the police.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/252785-police-attack-anti-okorocha-protesters-in-owerri.html

lalasticlala

We believe they shouldn't had taken Law into their hands by going ahead with protest since the POLICE are a much more closer security outfit to the public function-wise than the SSS/DSS

And at the same time, Why Were they advised to wait till the end of the yuletide? When the complaint is not about any violent looking nor the planned protest having the potentials to turn out the opposite of their conduct when they came calling for security support?

Now, This kind of disposition would definitely turn STATE POLICE BECOME POLITICAL TOOL IN THE HANDS OF THE GOVERNORS IF PUT IN PLACE because this is a Federal Police that is supposed to serve the interest of all and Sundry but turned out advising against Yuletide.

Should A New application be submitted by the same group, Approval and adequate security should be provided for them as that should boost the image of the POLICE FORCE creditably well

One fact We have failed to understand in AFRICA that needs to change is fact that protest are indeed meant to put the Government on it toes such that anyone conducted would definitely gets to the Government and the grievance contained therein are usually looked into with a to making amends for any series of such usually would affect the party during elections and no government would want that.

Or is it because the culture of free and fair election is lacking amongst and around us?

PROPHET TB JOSHUA

LOVELY UNITARY GOD
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Abagworo(m): 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
dieBYfire:

And they are fools to you because they are speak out against bad Leadership? undecided
People like you don't end well, they either die of Stroke or Incurable Madness... Since you have adopted a devil like Rochas as your father, be sure to loose at least 5 members of your family every month till there are all consumed!
Cheers grin

They are fools because there is no bad leadership to protest against but they rather wanted to create the impression in the minds of gullible people. Why has no one bothered to ask for evidence that such a thing happened?

People shunned the protest and Aku Obidinma went to pay media houses to publish lie that Police stopped them in order to save face. This is a test run to what will happen 2019 as only few people might vote for opposition after which they go to media and claim APC rigged. You and I will be here by the grace of God and I will quote this as a reminder.
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by dieBYfire: 10:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
Abagworo:

They are fools because there is no bad leadership to protest against but they rather wanted to create the impression in the minds of gullible people. Why has no one bothered to ask for evidence that such a thing happened?

People shunned the protest and Aku Obidinma went to pay media houses to publish lie that Police stopped them in order to save face. This is a test run to what will happen 2019 as only few people might vote for opposition after which they go to media and claim APC rigged. You and I will be here by the grace of God and I will quote this as a reminder.

Oga get lost! After 2019 u will be busy taking the APGA or PDP winner to election tribunal!
IMO awaits. I will save this as a reminder

1 Like

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Abagworo(m): 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
dieBYfire:

Oga get lost! After 2019 u will be busy taking the APGA or PDP winner to election tribunal!

They said same thing 2015 but they were defeated with their master GEJ.
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Abagworo(m): 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2017
Uche Onyeagocha was like WTF! nobody is noticing our presence. Even the barrow pusher was like GTFOH lemme pass.

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by dieBYfire: 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2017
Abagworo:

They said same thing 2015 but they were defeated with their master GEJ.

Ok Let's see if Rochas Wins
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Abagworo(m): 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
dieBYfire:

Ok Let's see if Rochas Wins

Rochas is not contesting nothing 2019. He's gonna face his foundation till he returns as President.

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by dieBYfire: 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
Abagworo:

Rochas is not contesting nothing 2019. He's gonna face his foundation till he returns as President.
President of Togo abi Cotonu?

1 Like

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Abagworo(m): 11:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
dieBYfire:

President of Togo abi Cotonu?

Africa
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by jodeci(m): 3:50am On Dec 19, 2017
dieBYfire:

Rocha's and his APC will not only loose election in Imo but will be pelted with stones and fire crackers.I have never seen a man and party so cursed.

1 Like

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by dieBYfire: 8:12am On Dec 19, 2017
Abagworo:

Africa
Ok
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by dieBYfire: 8:13am On Dec 19, 2017
jodeci:

Rocha's and his APC will not only loose election in Imo but will be pelted with stones and fire crackers.I have never seen a man and party so cursed.

Rochas already knows that... That's u he's gonna be banking hard on rigging
Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by ugofr(f): 8:39am On Dec 19, 2017
Abagworo:
Uche Onyeagocha was like WTF! nobody is noticing our presence. Even the barrow pusher was like GTFOH lemme pass.
The mass suffering in imo state is too much, unlike the past years, business men and women knows that christmas season is when they make the highest sale but now, it's scanty. frustration everywhere, the nwaoriubi market is incomplete and he demolished the already existing market, relief market is for people with private cars not for public transport users. what is that nonsense he is doing at okigwe fly over, nobody in his right senses will drive on it, it will sink like that concorde tunnel. He is busy taking community lands, i hope he will set foot on those lands after election. He is trying to end owerri revenues but his days are counted. He should wait and see what will hit him after election. I pray that all the curses placed on rochas will follow you also for supporting his evil agenda and wickedness.Amen!

1 Like

Re: Police Attack Anti-okorocha Protesters In Owerri- Premiumtimesng by Kiakia(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
nkemdi89:

Yes they are not constitutionally, but in principle they are, even with this present dispensation it is worst, the governor has the power to choose the compol he wants to work with and if he isn't loyal to him, he picks his phone and called the IG direct. Which compol would love with his rank to be posted to force headquarters with any income generating position? Remember the posting of compol is political .
This explains why the CP in Imo State is anti-people and is at the beck and call of the governor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Remembers Her Father, 30 Years After His Death (Throwback Photo) / Magu's Lawyer To File For Bail: "My Client Has Not Been Suspended" / Uzodinma: I’ll Deal With Members Of APC, Opposition Making Imo Ungovernable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.