Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid (21679 Views)

Why I Warned Osinbajo – Buhari / Osinbajo: 'Buhari Poorer Now Compared To 2015' - Nigerians React / Osinbajo: Buhari Will Hand Over To South-West In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by dingbang(m): 11:39am On Dec 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

There's no judgement day.
Waiting for judgement day have made Nigerians stupid².
They swallow hardships while they wait for the politicians to go to hell and dem heaven.
there is a judgement day brother. Just as real as the day you die.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by Wesely01(m): 11:40am On Dec 19, 2017
deji17:
Osinbajo: Buhari and I poorly paid
Posted By: Augustine Ehikioya, On: December 19, 2017

The President’s and the Vice-President’s pay is low, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo said yesterday.

He criticised the private sector for not respecting the national minimum wage law, which puts the lowest pay at N18,000.

Speaking at the end-of-year seminar of the State House Press Corps at the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Prof. Osinbajo said he earns about N1.5m as Vice-President; President Buhari earns about N1.75 million.

To him, the pay is not commensurate with the offices they occupy.

The vice president also expressed misgivings about the remuneration of journalists and lawyers, saying journalists’ case is unique because many media owners make big revenue but simply refuse to pay good wages.

He recalled his brief encounters working with media houses as legal adviser and how in all the months he worked he was not paid despite the irregular hours he put in.

Osinbajo spoke of entry into journalism as not rigorously regulated or enforced by professional bodies because untrained persons are allowed in.

He added: ”I realised first of all that this (journalism) is not a profession from which one could make a decent living in the first place unless you find a really good way of doing so.

”But more importantly for me is that you are just on your own. Journalism as a profession is so wide open.

”There are a few reasons in my view why remuneration is poor.

”The first is that it is just simply cheating. There are owners of media that are just cheats. They just want to get something from nothing and that is not uncommon, it is a general malaise, it is not necessarily restricted to the media.

”It is also the same in the legal profession. There many lawyers if they tell you what they earn, you will certainly not want to be a lawyer.

”The private sector does not respect the minimum wage. Even if a minimum wage is set nationally, it is not necessarily respected by the private sector and this is something that should be factored in to the status of a company and whether a company is even complying with the requirements.”

The Vice-President urged journalists to brighten their prospects and future by always seeking ways of improving themselves and getting better job opportunities with attendant improved income.

Nasarawa State Governor Tanko Al-Makura, represented by the Commissioner for Information, Mohammed Kwara, was the chairman of the ceremony.

He said: “It is important to note that a good retirement plan starts the very day you are employed, knowing that whatever has a beginning has an end; 35 or 60 mandatory years of service are certainly not eternity.

”It must also be stressed here that it is not too late to plan even where you have just few years to retire from service.

”The most important thing is that you have a plan either of money saved or of the job you intend to carry on after retirement. Put every other factor in place such as your age, strength and the mental capacity to carry on.” he advised.

He added “It is important to state, therefore, that the uncertainty on payment of entitlements has continued to worry Nigerian workers, making them fear retirement.

”This has led to prospective retirees falsifying their age just to enable them stay put in the service.

”In this regard, a lot of corruption induced activities have continued to infiltrate the MDAs and the organised private sector responsible for managing pension,” he said.

Kwara listed 10 ways to prepare for retirement, including saving, knowing your retirement needs and contributing to an employer’s retirement savings plan.

Others, according to him, are learning about employer’s pension plan, considering basic investment principles, not touching your retirement savings, asking employer to start a plan, think of creative ways to be self sustaining, find out about one’s social security benefits, and asking questions.

The guest lecturer and Chairman of Elumelu Foundation, Tony Elumelu, said retirement should not be synonymous with being tired or giving up as it should be a stepping stone.

He advised working journalists to pursue their purposes with passion, stressing the need to increase capacity in readiness for the next phase

He said: “Entrepreneurship is not a function of age. Set your milestones and work towards accomplishing the milestone.

”Entrepreneurs are resilient; they persevere to succeed. You don’t need to give up easily, it requires sacrifice, discipline.”

Others who presented goodwill messages were Minister of Information Lai Mohammed; Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi and Special Adviser (Media & Publicity) to the President Femi Adesina.

http://thenationonlineng.net/osinbajo-buhari-poorly-paid/

Poorly paid OmG now we are in Big trouble in this country if you live a life that every Nigeria dreams about and now telling us you are poorly paid that shows you guys in presidency are joking , what a pity Nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by engrjacuzzi: 11:58am On Dec 19, 2017
how much should you earn if I may ask
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by Femistico(m): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
Mr VP, sir so u can lie like this despite been a pastor of Rccg... Hmmm, but can u show us your bank account balance and statement of account and let's compare it to what you ave b4 becoming VP nd let's do the math. 1.5m my foot

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by Mozegee: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
i hv never see a man who lie so much than this dwarf that call himself the vice presiden of this country.Did u manage to tell Nigerians the kind of allowances u and ur so called president collect monthly.Last time i heard million of nair that was allocated to your kitchen and u are here talking trash.Mr Vice president,u are valueless to me because u hv lost ur morality.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by Mozegee: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
i hv never see a man who lie so much than this dwarf that call himself the vice presiden of this country.Did u manage to tell Nigerians the kind of allowances u and ur so called president collect monthly.Last time i heard millions of naira that was allocated to your kitchen and u are here talking trash.Mr Vice president,u are valueless to me because u hv lost ur morality.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by jacyhelen(f): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
deji17:

The President’s and the Vice-President’s pay is low, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo said yesterday.

He criticised the private sector for not respecting the national minimum wage law, which puts the lowest pay at N18,000.

Speaking at the end-of-year seminar of the State House Press Corps at the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Prof. Osinbajo said he earns about N1.5m as Vice-President; President Buhari earns about N1.75 million.

The vice president also expressed misgivings about the remuneration of journalists and lawyers, saying journalists’ case is unique because many media owners make big revenue but simply refuse to pay good wages.

He recalled his brief encounters working with media houses as legal adviser and how in all the months he worked he was not paid despite the irregular hours he put in.

Osinbajo spoke of entry into journalism as not rigorously regulated or enforced by professional bodies because untrained persons are allowed in.

He added: ”I realised first of all that this (journalism) is not a profession from which one could make a decent living in the first place unless you find a really good way of doing so.

”But more importantly for me is that you are just on your own. Journalism as a profession is so wide open.

”The first is that it is just simply cheating. There are owners of media that are just cheats. They just want to get something from nothing and that is not uncommon, it is a general malaise, it is not necessarily restricted to the media.

”It is also the same in the legal profession. There many lawyers if they tell you what they earn, you will certainly not want to be a lawyer.

”The private sector does not respect the minimum wage. Even if a minimum wage is set nationally, it is not necessarily respected by the private sector and this is something that should be factored in to the status of a company and whether a company is even complying with the requirements.”

The Vice-President urged journalists to brighten their prospects and future by always seeking ways of improving themselves and getting better job opportunities with attendant improved income.

Nasarawa State Governor Tanko Al-Makura, represented by the Commissioner for Information, Mohammed Kwara, was the chairman of the ceremony.

He said: “It is important to note that a good retirement plan starts the very day you are employed, knowing that whatever has a beginning has an end; 35 or 60 mandatory years of service are certainly not eternity.

”It must also be stressed here that it is not too late to plan even where you have just few years to retire from service.

”The most important thing is that you have a plan either of money saved or of the job you intend to carry on after retirement. Put every other factor in place such as your age, strength and the mental capacity to carry on.” he advised.

He added “It is important to state, therefore, that the uncertainty on payment of entitlements has continued to worry Nigerian workers, making them fear retirement.

”This has led to prospective retirees falsifying their age just to enable them stay put in the service.

”In this regard, a lot of corruption induced activities have continued to infiltrate the MDAs and the organised private sector responsible for managing pension,” he said.

Kwara listed 10 ways to prepare for retirement, including saving, knowing your retirement needs and contributing to an employer’s retirement savings plan.

Others, according to him, are learning about employer’s pension plan, considering basic investment principles, not touching your retirement savings, asking employer to start a plan, think of creative ways to be self sustaining, find out about one’s social security benefits, and asking questions.

The guest lecturer and Chairman of Elumelu Foundation, Tony Elumelu, said retirement should not be synonymous with being tired or giving up as it should be a stepping stone.

He advised working journalists to pursue their purposes with passion, stressing the need to increase capacity in readiness for the next phase

He said: “Entrepreneurship is not a function of age. Set your milestones and work towards accomplishing the milestone.

”Entrepreneurs are resilient; they persevere to succeed. You don’t need to give up easily, it requires sacrifice, discipline.”

Others who presented goodwill messages were Minister of Information Lai Mohammed; Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi and Special Adviser (Media & Publicity) to the President Femi Adesina.

u earn 1.5 million plus all the connection and oil deal and you have the gut to say una pay is small
may it never be well with u
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by qleap2all(m): 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
dingbang:
I can't believe this is coming from the vice president.

That means what he is telling the good people of Nigeria that he doesn't love his job and can't work optimally because he is underpaid.

Nigerian leaders have a big case to answer on judgement day. I am not even bothered because the lord has specially written it for them in his bible so let them do all they like when in power.
People like you misinterpret. What he is simply saying remains the fact that Nigerians workers are under paid, most especially in the private Sector using the Media as a case study, this anomaly results to corrupt practices. As a Professional, he should know.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by MaestroID(m): 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
If Nigerian politicians "As In All of them" don't go to hell... Den God is truly a Merciful God.. cuz dem no deserve any Heaven as dy have lived A life of Heaven on Earth... Saraki, Dino, Bruce, Buhari, sinbajo, Lia, in fact All must Die in d lake of Fire

Under Paid ur Fada yarnsh
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by TheWiX(m): 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
First who asked them how much they are paid
And are they there for the money
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by Abee79(m): 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
Big Bros! You hear wetin your VP dey talk? Him talk say we no dey pay una well well.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by TijaniAbu: 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
deji17:

Fake pastor vice president osinbajo is a deceptive liar!

When this man was looking for cheap popularity he was saying he and Buhari will take half salary. Now that he is shouting about poor pay can he please tell Nigerians the price of the rent free palace, the free 22 car convoy of luxury cars, free medical abroad, free presidential air fleet jets, free water and electricity, free phone bills, free clothing, tax free everything that this buhari-osinbajo pair of scrounging parasites and their families are swallowing while scoffing at Nigerians so sanctimoniously.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by babestella: 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
Poorly paid indeed.

How about your travel allowances especially going abroad. This is why the president likes going abroad for meetings, even if the meeting is about how to share tooth pick, Buhari would be there so he could collect the travel allowance usually pai din dollars.

How about the severance pay when they leave office?

Please if you are poorly paid, just resign and go and sell yam in Ketu market. Lol

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by Barnabaseloka(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
If you and Buhari are poorly paid, it means salaries of other workers are not paid at all. Anyway that is part of 'change'
Click the link on my profile signature if you don't want poor payment also. I mean to start making dollars instantly without giving your money out to anyone
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by resurgentxtian4: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
I just want to advice all christians, both the ones that have the means or those that dont have to start making arrangements to leave the country permanently. The past few days have been tough in the legal profession of which i am a member because of this Hijab issue and the muslims have put up a united front to ensure that they violently get their way on the issue. The sad news is that they would not stop at that. They would eventually ask for Sharia law in Nigeria. That is very sure. We Christians have lost it in this country and their is no going back from here as our leaders have failed us. Our leaders used our tithe monies to buy airplanes and build mansions while knowing that we have 50 million plus muslims in this country. Any country that has as much as 20 million as citizens is in trouble not to talk about almost 90 million muslims in Nigeria.

I specifically put the blame on Pastor E.A.Adeboye {I dont why i keep blaming him} for keeping quiet in the face of overt persecution of Nigerian christians. I accept responsibility as a yoruba man that we {Yorubas both christians and muslims alike} all voted Buhari in but Pastor Adeboye should have seen the danger of voting in an Islamic Fundamentalist like Buhari. Pastor Bosun Emmanuel specifically warned of of what will happen but we chose to sell our freedom for a Vice Presidential Seat. How Pitiful! I state it categorically that Pastor Yemi Osinbajo is a very nice man of very high intellectual capacity, but he is not suited for the post of Vice President in these times when the muslims have vowed to islamise the country. Pastor Adeboye has a man of God should have seen the handwriting on the wall and refused to lend this administration a pastor of the RCCG. God will eventually Judge us for our every deed.

The Americans and Israelis that voted in strong Presidents like Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu have done so to curtail the excesses of the muslims but the christians in Nigeria {Especially SW/Christians Christians} still think the muslims are joking with them....We shall see where that gets us.

In closing, will make the following statements of fact/predictions/advice on the future of Nigeria.

1. Firdaos Amosa {The law School girl} shall be called to the Nigerian bar irrespective of the illegality of doing so.

2.Sharia will become the State law in Nigeria in less than 30 years.

3. Buhari/Osinbajo will win the 2019 Presidential Polls with a land slide.

4. Igbos should in the name of God not abandon the biafra struggle.

5. Most Christians who have the money will flee the country in droves thereby robbing Nigeria of the much needed Human Resources.

6. The Christians in the SW who cant travel will convert to Islam.

7. Our Pastors would not raise the money to enable the Christian South free itself from the Northern/Muslim strangle hold.

8. The North will continue resisting any talks of restructuring because their aim is to capture the nation for islam.

9. Nigeria in the absence of Christian resistance will become an Islamic State.

10. The North/SW muslims will never allow Fayose to go anywhere near power as they know his capacity to disrupt their plans.

11. Nigeria will never be great.

If you have the money, i advise that you start making those plans to leave the country. For those who dont have, start saving and making plans today. Do not settle in Nigeria if you dont want to be a muslim.

Go pick up that IELTS manual and study hard like your life depends on it. This is a friendly advice. The only people that can reasonably resist {Igbos} are too disorganised {My apologies to all igbos.}
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by tobsvent: 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
Honour yourself, resign and seek a better offer. Simple as ABC.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by shibanbo(m): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
This V.p is becoming stupid and foolish by the day. How much is your security votes? How much is budgeted to your office every year ? Put up those free things you get like cars ,food health care and others together give me the answer Polithiefian arrangements
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by overdoseme: 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
You might be poorly paid Compared to your counterparts but your cars, houses, clothings ,Flight here and there, hotel bills ,in fact the list is almost endless and all of which are well over exorbitantly taken care of.We are not fools jor.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by bakaredc: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
mfm04622:

When you hear how much a SAN charges per case you will know 1.5m per month is nothing! How do y expect someone who charges from 20m upwards per case to live on 18M per annum?
God bless u sir, exactly my thought. I won't blame those castigating the VP, It seems alot of the masses have no trust in Political Office holders anymore, But I strongly believe they all can't be bad and I believe Prof is among the good ones who can be trusted.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by bakaredc: 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
And here we go again,It is well...
resurgentxtian4:

I just want to advice all christians, both the ones that have the means or those that dont have to start making arrangements to leave the country permanently. The past few days have been tough in the legal profession of which i am a member because of this Hijab issue and the muslims have put up a united front to ensure that they violently get their way on the issue. The sad news is that they would not stop at that. They would eventually ask for Sharia law in Nigeria. That is very sure. We Christians have lost it in this country and their is no going back from here as our leaders have failed us. Our leaders used our tithe monies to buy airplanes and build mansions while knowing that we have 50 million plus muslims in this country. Any country that has as much as 20 million as citizens is in trouble not to talk about almost 90 million muslims in Nigeria.

I specifically put the blame on Pastor E.A.Adeboye {I dont why i keep blaming him} for keeping quiet in the face of overt persecution of Nigerian christians. I accept responsibility as a yoruba man that we {Yorubas both christians and muslims alike} all voted Buhari in but Pastor Adeboye should have seen the danger of voting in an Islamic Fundamentalist like Buhari. Pastor Bosun Emmanuel specifically warned of of what will happen but we chose to sell our freedom for a Vice Presidential Seat. How Pitiful! I state it categorically that Pastor Yemi Osinbajo is a very nice man of very high intellectual capacity, but he is not suited for the post of Vice President in these times when the muslims have vowed to islamise the country. Pastor Adeboye has a man of God should have seen the handwriting on the wall and refused to lend this administration a pastor of the RCCG. God will eventually Judge us for our every deed.

The Americans and Israelis that voted in strong Presidents like Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu have done so to curtail the excesses of the muslims but the christians in Nigeria {Especially SW/Christians Christians} still think the muslims are joking with them....We shall see where that gets us.

In closing, will make the following statements of fact/predictions/advice on the future of Nigeria.

1. Firdaos Amosa {The law School girl} shall be called to the Nigerian bar irrespective of the illegality of doing so.

2.Sharia will become the State law in Nigeria in less than 30 years.

3. Buhari/Osinbajo will win the 2019 Presidential Polls with a land slide.

4. Igbos should in the name of God not abandon the biafra struggle.

5. Most Christians who have the money will flee the country in droves thereby robbing Nigeria of the much needed Human Resources.

6. The Christians in the SW who cant travel will convert to Islam.

7. Our Pastors would not raise the money to enable the Christian South free itself from the Northern/Muslim strangle hold.

8. The North will continue resisting any talks of restructuring because their aim is to capture the nation for islam.

9. Nigeria in the absence of Christian resistance will become an Islamic State.

10. The North/SW muslims will never allow Fayose to go anywhere near power as they know his capacity to disrupt their plans.

11. Nigeria will never be great.

If you have the money, i advise that you start making those plans to leave the country. For those who dont have, start saving and making plans today. Do not settle in Nigeria if you dont want to be a muslim.

Go pick up that IELTS manual and study hard like your life depends on it. This is a friendly advice. The only people that can reasonably resist {Igbos} are too disorganised {My apologies to all igbos.}
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by Fourwinds: 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
Annie939:
this man should remember his a pastor
don't mind him...just image how loud mouthed he said his pay is poor...nonsense.... what about some state civil servants that have not been paid their peanut
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
dingbang:
there is a judgement day brother. Just as real as the day you die.

Pls show me proof of ''Judgement day"

Any proof is okay for me.
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by peroristic(m): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
they talk about there salary but not the money that goes into there unknown accounts name by there children... Oga nobody be mugu for here again..
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by Femistic123: 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2017
mfm04622:

That is the total per month

Are u kidding me...maybe u should Google it
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by mfm04622: 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Femistic123:

Are u kidding me...maybe u should Google it

How much do you think is the legal monthly salary of the President and VP?
Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by buhariguy(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2019
seunlayi:
Really? Sir, just resign with your boss
that is why he and his boss are unique, they're not after wealth accumulation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid by deji17: 3:23am On Mar 17, 2019
buhariguy:
that is why he and his boss are unique, they're not after wealth accumulation.
Wailers cum looters will never get that. They assume everyone is as corrupt as themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Melaye Vs Adeyemi: What Happened At Election Tribunal On Monday / Fuel Stations In Port Harcourt On Strike? / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Lagos-ogun Boundary Road Network And Old Otta Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.