Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Does Phone Radiation Give You Cancer - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Phone Radiation Give You Cancer (360 Views)

Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? / Why Does Phone Not Receive Signals. Signal Always Fluctuating. / How Does Phone Master On Infinix Phones Work ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Phone Radiation Give You Cancer by techtip(m): 3:45am On Dec 19, 2017
This question ‘does phone radiation give you cancer” has been around for a while, have heard from a lot of people, from messages on Whatsapp, Facebook and many other social network. It comes from a very reasonable place of discomfort — few people understand how radiation works, we put our phones right beside our brains all the time, and technology in general often feels like it ought to be causing some sort of societal ill.

Cell phones has been around for decades and will still for decades or even centuries. Our current understanding of radio waves says that, in theory, phones shouldn’t give you cancer. Let me start my post in a simple way for easy understanding, by defining radiation.

In physics, radiation is the emission or transmission of energy in the form of waves or particles through space or through a material medium.This includes:

Electromagnetic radiation, such as radio waves, microwaves, visible light, x-rays, and gamma radiation (γ)

Particle radiation, such as alpha radiation (α), beta radiation (β), and neutron radiation (particles of non-zero rest energy)

Acoustic radiation, such as ultrasound, sound, and seismic waves (dependent on a physical transmission medium)

gravitational radiation, radiation that takes the form of gravitational waves, or ripples in the curvature of space-time.

Radiation is often categorized as either ionizing or non-ionizing depending on the energy of the radiated particles. Ionizing radiation carries more than 10 eV, which is enough to ionize atoms and molecules, and break chemical bonds.

Read Also: Bing or Google Search: Which one should you prefer

But phone radiation isn’t like the radiation being emitted by radioactive elements. Phones emit a much lower energy radiation (lower even than visible light) that’s considered to be “non-ionizing.” I should however let you know that non-ionizing rays are not capable of tampering or destroying the DNA the way ionizing ray does. But could still react with the body to cause some minor problems due to long term exposure.

Research has shown that there might still be minor chances that you might get some minor diseases due to long-term exposure only. Personally i will say absolute NO! to the question “Does phone radiation give you cancer” because you’re surrounded by cellphone signals, Wi-Fi signals, and all other kinds of radio frequency radiation day in and out — not just when you put your phone up to your face. And also scientifically its prove to be of little or no risk. So just accept the simple fact that phones don’t emit ionizing radiation that causes cancer.
Source: Does phone radiation give you cancer
lalasticlala
seun
ishilove
Re: Does Phone Radiation Give You Cancer by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2017
Interesting...but I can't sleep without my Phantom 8.. what can be done?
Re: Does Phone Radiation Give You Cancer by techtip(m): 8:18am On Dec 19, 2017
Abiodunspectre:
Interesting...but I can't sleep without my Phantom 8.. what can be done?
@Abiodunspectre we are all exposed to different spec of technology devices, so a couple of hours with your phone shouldn't bother you.

1 Like

Re: Does Phone Radiation Give You Cancer by MarkWayne89: 11:48am On Dec 19, 2017
Interesting. But I don't think we will found out this very soon.

Similar to cigarettes and their link to lung cancer, research and results are spans over years. So we do will probably get some more results in the following years.

(1) (Reply)

This Cryptocurrency Minner Also Serves As A Heater For Your Home / Facebook Collects Call, Text Data From Android Users / 22 Tips To Create A Blog That Everyone Will Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.