Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? (24925 Views)

Which App Consumes More Data On Your Phone The Most? / What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? / How Does Phone Master On Infinix Phones Work ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by hitekk: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2023
Am currently using Samsung phone but it consumes data more that the previous brand I was using.

Am curious to know if brands consume data differently.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Nobaga500(m): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
The more your phone is smart in interneting, the more data it consumes.

222 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Bukola94: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
hitekk:
Am currently using Samsung phone but it consumes data more that the previous brand I was using.

On data saver or activate background application should not run of close when you exit apps

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
Obviously, phone don dey show this one Shege! Wait for Data money to amount how much the Phone was PURCHASED
U will Learn! Still dey ▶️ grin
But if you mean App I agree.
App & file size on my Fold 4 are damn big! But the picture quality madt!

omoadeleye:

Learn to read before jumping to conclusions,
Bros make u dey calm down bfr u jump to conclusion.

Na Auto-correct replaced it with suggestions words. Phone-iphone.

AsaBlackheart:

Cap. Na u type rubbish. No blame autocorrect.
Even your username sef no correct lmfao 🤣
Now I know the personality I am responding to , for u to say my USERNAME not correct! 😂
Set awon no VN no WA... half education

AsaBlackheart:

*Opulent not *Optulent.
Go back to school.

Go check my other account which i don't have access too anymore. N come back argue with me, no allow to know worry u mehn! My old account here has the name n can't open another account with same username, Res in Jesus name 😜.
By the way you were out of Data on 2G/N500 since?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Therepentant: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
grin
hitekk:

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by oneda(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yeah
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Stanislause94: 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
What kinda question is this
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Najyin(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Of course.
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by haiti007(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
That’s a popular belief.

Though the higher the phone capacity, the more likely you download more app which will consume more data.

16 Likes

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Siberia01(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
cool
20GB on my Nokia doesn't take me 2 weeks embarassed
Compared to 1 month plus then on my Tecno pop 4

35 Likes

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by GindoX(m): 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
When you sub mtn 500 for 2.5gb, that's what you experience... Give it time, it's a new phone. Some background system updates is ongoing...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Dogalmighty17: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
You have a lot of apps running in your background. Apps you probably have no use of. I suppose you should be savvy enough to locate those apps and disable them. A phone is only as smart as the permissions granted it.

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by phr0nesis(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Screen display
Internet connectivity speed
Your personal usage

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Angelfrost(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yep... Apps... Too many top Apps can drain your data especially the ones that update automatically daily.

13 Likes

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by AskNgige2: 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Stanislause94:

Tinibu is wicked

12 Likes

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Barrywilly(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Yes. Phones that are 5g compliance consumed more data than the other ones.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
If you have an iPhone, you could compare the amount of data your carrier says you use with the data that you find under Settings -> Mobile.
You could reset this in the beginning of your billing cycle and look at it when the cycle ends to see if it matches up.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
It is possible that your network provider could, indeed, mess up or add you extra data charges but its highly unlikely.
Your charges are calculated by computers. You can download an external app for monitoring your data usage though.

We Rise.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by bouncin04(m): 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
angry
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Sirkingsnado: 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Help me recommend a phone of 50k with a good camera and battery okey please
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Stanislause94: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
AskNgige2:

Tinibu is wicked
werey, Wetin carry tinubu enter this matter? undecided

10 Likes

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by mickyeddi(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nope!
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by GindoX(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Sirkingsnado:
Help me recommend a phone of 50k with a good camera and battery okey please

TECNO spark 2 grin. Wetin 50k wan buy now?
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Ancecoker(m): 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
grin
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Malroux: 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
You have a lot of apps running in your background. Apps you probably have no use of. I suppose you should be savvy enough to locate today apps and disable them. A phone is only as smart as the permissions granted it.
Best post of the day.

4 Likes

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by prinsam30: 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
hitekk:

my brother I think say na only me ooo, my Samsung phone dey chop data like craze, two days ago I recharge as I dey type so my date remain 97mb the thing choke me

7 Likes

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by ChengHun(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
The faster the phone, the higher the rate of data consumption

7 Likes

Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by Budare: 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
Stanislause94:
grin
Re: Does Phone Brand Determine The Amount Of Data It Consumes? by nomolos92: 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
GindoX:
When you sub mtn 500 for 2.5gb, that's what you experience... Give it time, it's a new phone. Some background system updates is ongoing...

Samsung only upgrade with WiFi

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 / How To Clone App In Infinix Phone - Set Dual Whatsapp, IG & FB Etc In Note 8 / Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.