Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? (14784 Views)

See What Is Left Of The N31m Dodge Challenger SRT American Rapper Offset Crashed / This U.S AF's Special Ops Supercar,Dodge Challenger Vapor Will Blow Your Mind / Dodge Challenger RT Vs Ford Mustang GT! Which Would You Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Wallade(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2017
I love the Mustang any day however, I must also say that the race challenge is unfair on the Challenger brand based on the statistics.

The Mustang has unfair advantage but it also depends on the drivers skills and instincts.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by albacete(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2017
mammanbawa:

S8 is a full size luxury performance sedan just like the mercedes sonderklasse amg.
Cars of the same stats should be compared not just cars with big engines. You can't compare the srt charger and the jeep trackhawk cos they harbour the same power plant you grab?

Do you have a PhD in Automotive Engineering ,with a bias in "Speedtronics"?

Just wondering.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by mammanbawa: 8:12am On Dec 20, 2017
albacete:

Do you have a PhD in Automotive Engineering ,with a bias in "Speedtronics"?

Just wondering.
Lol not at all.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by vertueptime: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2017
eroticecstasy:
this is crab, why not use the same year and watch how the Challenger will knock-out the ford?

Mybrother its what they could afford pr rather get
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by bobby23311: 8:16am On Dec 20, 2017
They are both beast, while the Dodge is not being treated fairly. I see a draw on a straight track race and a win for the dodge in circuit track. Don't ask me how I came about this, read the statistics and just google circuit track vs Dodge
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Orpe7(m): 8:17am On Dec 20, 2017
In the first place, dudes driving both cars will be scared for their lives hence they wont really be driving fast enough grin
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by khalhokage(m): 8:19am On Dec 20, 2017
Wait, Automatic transmission?! angry

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Wallade(m): 8:19am On Dec 20, 2017
Readonee35L:

Would you race 2010 camry v6 with 3.5L 2gr against a 2007 accord with J30 3.0 V6? And call it fair ?

Even if the figures of challenger might be better.
Let age mates battle.
So if try win there will be no excuse.

The statistics of the Mustang is better:

It has less weight compared to the Challenger.
It has six speed transmission gears
It has 435hp engine

The only edge of the Challenger is the torque but I am not sure both the Mustang and Challenger can hit that max on Nigerian roads.

However, it all depends on the drivers skills, instincts and knowledge of the car in any race challenge.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by mach98(m): 8:34am On Dec 20, 2017
nurey:

Most percentage of the time, engine displacement doesnt matter, no be by V12 biturbo nah, what am saying is both cars get to 62mph in 4.5seconds, the dodge should even have an advantage with its 6.1L HEMI (Except all that na initial gra gra grin)

The bottom line is i dont care whether the ford has carbon fibre chasis, brembo brakes etc according to the data sheet, both engines would get to 100km/h @ same time and the challenger would start dusting the ford @ the 265mph mark. Its a straight line race, i expected no winner

You also have to consider the drivers too
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by LargeBreed(m): 8:37am On Dec 20, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
shocked sad embarassed sad Autojosh. My wife too my daughter to a driving school.They charge her 60k for both driving /license. ?They still asked her for 3k for learner permit..Pls,how much is learner permit?.Thank u
learner's permit is N500. At most, 1k.

1 Like

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by deybholar(f): 8:38am On Dec 20, 2017
I loooveeee the Mustang and I even prefer the Chevrolet Camaro to the Dodge Challenger.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by autojosh: 8:40am On Dec 20, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
shocked sad embarassed sad Autojosh. My wife too my daughter to a driving school.They charge her 60k for both driving /license. ?They still asked her for 3k for learner permit..Pls,how much is learner permit?.Thank u

Driving schools charge 3k for Learner's permit. Learning and the licence should be in the range of 45k - 50k for 15 classes over a period of 3 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by ipobarecriminals: 8:41am On Dec 20, 2017
LargeBreed:
learner's permit is N500. At most, 1k.
Thanks,God bless u.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by 400billionman: 8:58am On Dec 20, 2017
Readonee35L:
Why race a 2015 New Generation Mustang against a pretty 2011 Challenger.
The Mustang should be racing against a 2015 6.4L Challenger

The one they found to borrow.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by akigbemaru: 9:52am On Dec 20, 2017
autojosh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqZ24m1d_yU

The Ford Mustang and the Dodge Challenger are among the longest living muscle cars that are still on the market till date. They are both American 2 door cars that have always gone head to head. Now, Motion Town is putting both cars on the track at Eko Atlantic City for a drag race. Let's see who will take the lead with 2 ultimate drivers behind the wheels. 

So seat tight, fasten your seatbelts and let's go on a hot pursuit. The car in the rearview mirror will be the police 

Before your final verdict, check out the statistics of both vehicles below: 

https://autojosh.com/ford-mustang-gt-vs-dodge-challenger-srt-pick/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by boliswitpassprik(m): 9:54am On Dec 20, 2017
albacete:
What about the 2012 cls 63 amg? 550 hp, 6.3L V8 0-60 in 3.8 seconds Top speed: 187mph or 295km/hr
I wanna see that

please,take this baboon looking car away from here

we're talking GT and Hemi muscles,you're talking cls that we see everyday shocked
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by lezz(m): 10:54am On Dec 20, 2017
nurey:

Most percentage of the time, engine displacement doesnt matter, no be by V12 biturbo nah, what am saying is both cars get to 62mph in 4.5seconds, the dodge should even have an advantage with its 6.1L HEMI (Except all that na initial gra gra grin)

The bottom line is i dont care whether the ford has carbon fibre chasis, brembo brakes etc according to the data sheet, both engines would get to 100km/h @ same time and the challenger would start dusting the ford @ the 265mph mark. Its a straight line race, i expected no winner

That they have same 0-62 mph time in their data sheet doesn’t make it so in practice.
Cars are tasted in different road conditions, wind and Tyres. Both cars tested could be using different tyres which may have a slight advantage in initial takeoff over the other. That’s why F1 cars use same tyres for racing.

Again most factory reported 0-60 time are gotten from simulations and not actual road test. Some car companies give conservative estimates while some don’t.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by blingxx(m): 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
XXLDICK:
My favourite cars.

Muscle cars over any car.

Give me Dodge charger, Dodge challenger, ford Mustang or Chevrolet Camaro and keep your Benz and BMW.

To hell with German cars, America is real deal.

Only Tesla can make me give up my love for muscle cars.

This dude watched too many fast and furious cheesy
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by albacete(m): 5:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
boliswitpassprik:

please,take this baboon looking car away from here

we're talking GT and Hemi muscles,you're talking cls that we see everyday shocked
Ogbeni calm down now.
I have not seen the 2012 cls model with my korokoro eyes. Maybe it's because I'm a village man smiley . That's why I dey trip for d ride.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by boliswitpassprik(m): 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
albacete:

Ogbeni calm down now.
I have not seen the 2012 cls model with my korokoro eyes. Maybe it's because I'm a village man smiley . That's why I dey trip for d ride.

there's this place called Mercedes village at surulere,just after Bode thomas

my brother if you enter there you go see 2019 cls sef

or reach ikoyi,Cls na small thing
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by albacete(m): 6:36pm On Dec 20, 2017
boliswitpassprik:

there's this place called Mercedes village at surulere,just after Bode thomas

my brother if you enter there you go see 2019 cls sef

or reach ikoyi,Cls na small thing

Chai!
I no need 2019 sef. Just a 2012 cls 63 amg with all the bells and whistles. 550hp is more than enough, where I wan speed go sef?
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by toye440: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
FLAKARIBE:
2-0 in favour of the mustang. nice!
guy 100% charger hermi any day any time is d better muscle car.
Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Chijosky(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2017
I love this car

Re: Ford Mustang 5.0 GT Vs Dodge Challenger SRT 6.1 Hemi - Who's Your Winner? by Timagex(m): 1:46am On Jun 19, 2019
saltoftheearth:
Either can win, it depends on whose driving. I put my money on Dom Toretto #teamfastandfurious
. Me 2! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Know A Ford Mechanic And Genuine Parts Dealer In Lagos? / 9 Facts About Maybach / 3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.