Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning (36129 Views)

Fan Thrown Off Stage For Interrupting Davido At Rick Ross' Lagos Concert (Video) / Rick Ross On Stage At Lagos Concert With Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tion Wayne / Wizkid & His Fans Take Off Their Shirts At Lagos Concert (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
Maybe he is not as well-liked as he thinks he is... it is one thing to pay to download music online (or buy CDs) and it is a completely different thing to schedule your time to go for an actual concert.
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by cyojunior1(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
rubbish
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by bedspread: 1:48pm On Dec 19, 2017
Thread is Funny
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2017

By 2018,
olamide would not be able to pull a 10k crowd.

Fool thinks he has the Nigerian industry figured out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by uglyafonja: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
computer0810:
over sabi and too much bragging

A typical life of an Afonja......

That is how wizkid and olamide are busy spending their money just to be noticed
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by kenlash1(m): 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Who does a concert of dt magnitude in d afternoon. Should I leave my church for a secular concert? The timing was wrong

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by femi4: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
safarigirl:
he is simply not the cult hero he thought himself to be.

Phyno is more of a cult hero....that one has diehard fans, that's why he could fill up a stadium.

Olamide's fans are worried about the safety of their IPhones undecided
Exactly, safety first before Mainland boys show them pepper. Though that crowd is enough to shut down any hall
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by chronique(m): 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
The show was probably for the guys on the street, and certainly not really for the well refined folks. I'm not really a fan of his music but even if I was, I wouldn't go attend a show in the afternoon under the sun to watch him perform. Wouldn't do so for any artist.

7 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by computer0810(m): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
uglyafonja:

A typical life of an Afonja......

That is how wizkid and olamide are busy spending their money just to be noticed
if I was ur mum ehn, I would have flush u out so u won't start disgracing ur family like dis

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Simpledude0847(m): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
Most people boycotted the event at the last minute. I was supposed to go along with some friends but when we heard that the ugly looking Yomi SARS would perform, we just gave up. Though he didn't finally perform, the damage had been done. These musicians need to understand that they are a brand.

2 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by jagorinho: 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
uglyafonja:
Where are sarki and co....

In the east....we love our people...

But in the waste....they hate their people and envy others
lol!!! in the east you love your people? have you ever given it a thought about which group of people in nigeria invented the popular phrase "village people"? sometimes i do think all eastern villages are filled with wicked people because of the way easterners around me shout village people on top of any small challege they are facing. If an average easterner could fear his village people to this extent, you mentioning love is a mirage and by the way filling a stadium during a concert has many things involved other than if a tribe love its people or not

4 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by binsanni(m): 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
rubbish
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by verygudbadguy(m): 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2017
Enough of the lies you guys are feeding people with. I was at the show live. The Show was lit.

The only thing that scared people off was the security palava in Surulere. If you are familiar with the axis, you will understand what i am saying. As at 12pm, the road was already jam-packed because of the crowd. My friend had all access card so we drove into the stadium. You need to see the massive number of people that were waiting outside to get screened at around 4pm.

If he had held the show on the Island, preferably V.I, the security issue wouldn't have been an issue. On our way home, i saw the way area boys were beating and obtaining boys around 9pm. All in all, the show was a success with a filled up VIP. The VVIP was not totally filled but was fairly sold.
I was there till the last performance. He closed the show with "Lagos Na Wa". One of the reasons people gave for not attending was the widespread of rumour that 20 girls were raped at Phynofest and the invitation of Yomisars.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by abbey37(m): 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
Olamide is the king of the street in naija music he has the fan base to overflow that stadium but for the poor planning on the part of the organizers, the publicity was poor compared to the previous OLIC editions

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by joebroney003(m): 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
coolh

Let’s Implement the Most Effective ONLINE MARKETING for your BRAND, BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION

Online advertising and marketing campaigns are crucial to organizations that require effective promotional mix. We help organizations sift through the dizzying array of options to design a comprehensive online marketing strategy. The bottom line is gaining new customers and to service existing customers.

We understand the technologies that will help you target audiences and we can help you design and deploy online display ads, social media management/engagements and managing pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns

Twitter Trending
Social Media Management
Email Marketing & Automation
Onsite and Offsite SEO Implementation
FB Paid Ad Marketing
Google Adwords
Blogs Syndication
PR/Sponsor Stories
Forums Paid Ads & Management
Marketplaces Paid Ads
PLUS MUCH MORE

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by MChaze25(m): 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
when you always try to repeat a fit done by your colleague as if life is a competition..
meanwhile outside Lagos, Olamide may still not meet up that capacity.
wrong timing plus bad album impact/sales.
fame doesnt last

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
Na fans make dem blow,but den go dey flash $ and cars to mock them for Instagram.Olamide kind of music is meant for primary school kids.

3 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by dancruz(m): 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
Lagos regardless of Sunday afternoon will fill the stadium, lame excuse..... Ain't no grooving place like Lagos in this country. Olamide over hyped his street credibility. grin
Maybe he could have achieved this last year or the previous, but dude has dropped wack songs this year Abeg, Wo was just uhn, *pure noise*..... **Drops Pen**

11 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
Cold!

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by joinnow: 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
When you want feature SARs guy how people go show up.
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by WizPrince1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
safarigirl:
I shame for the writer of this article

Imagine the weak excuse that his fans were coning back from church on Sunday and couldn't make it undecided

Then you question the security in TBS as to why the posh Eko hotel fans wouldn't want to attend.

Is Olamide not a street guy? Is he not a mainland boy? Why should the island fans determine the turnout at a concert organised by a mainland boy?

See ehn, unless you have ties to YBNL, save the excuses. Let us wait for the real people to talk

You should understand that everybody is not thesame as you who would miss Church activities for a secular program. Moreover, it wasn't the way I explained it that you're quoting me. Try and understand. I love Olamide so much as fan. Don't get me wrong!
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by IamKingwise(m): 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
Threebear:
Excuses excuses, the show flopped, no two ways about it. He overestimated his star power and he was humbled.
Yoruba touts can sing your song line to line, that isn't a gauge for popularity.
He should stick to arena shows he was doing and avoid further embarrassment .
Olamide's album has appear on billboard World chart album in 2016 and 2017 Think before you talk.

3 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by naijaboiy: 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
I personally feel it was the security issues that affected the low turn out. When I saw the advert on Instagram i had envisaged the stadium to be filled with touts and low-lifers, whom many people will not want to be associated with.

A friend of mine told me they were obtaining and stealing from people who attended the event. I wasn’t wrong after all.

3 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by IamKingwise(m): 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
The show not even flop many guys are on ground standing
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by everlymoore86(m): 2:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=WizPrince1 post=63422235][img]http://3.bp..com/-N0Lahlo5Hd8/WjhYc_ugDUI/AAAAAAAAD7U/LGgP0TTswTkK1dDtSso1uUGRAShMZnAAwCLcBGAs/s1600/olamide-olic-concert-primetweets.jpg[/img]
The entertainment biz in Nigeria is something organisers need to take seriously. This is one reason why there ought to have been a re-think in Olamide Live in Concert 2017. As a BIG devotee of Olamide, I didn't feel it that much since I know it's his first time using a stadium for concerts. Well, here's what Primetweets Pius Princewill thinks about the event.

The yearly concert which was held in Lagos at Teslim Balogun Stadium in Surulere on Sunday was an effective one yet it wasn't what we were expecting. The stadium is around 24 thousand capacity and we were guaranteed by the organisers of 25 thousand fans however we couldn't draw near to that sum for a major city like Lagos despite the fact that the event was thoroughly promoted.

The organisers of the event and Olamide himself haven't said anything yet in regards to why it happened that way but we think it was wrong timing and planning that prompted the low turnout of fans. We comprehend that the indigenous rapper, Olamide has such a large number of fans who might do anything just to watch him perform, however that doesn't imply that it is every time they'll be opportune to appear on occasions.

Organising a concert like this, you require three things to put into thought; the audience, the best date and time and the venue. Olamide Live in Concert 2017 organisers neglected to comprehend that such an occasion isn't fit to be done on a Sunday when individuals will be coming back from their places of worship of which they'd likely need a brief period to rest in the wake of bypassing Lagos traffic. This could even make them frail to choose not going anyplace and perhaps when they even choose to go, another idea of being too late would come.

I understand that artists like Phyno got Nnamdi Azikiwe's 22 thousand limit Stadium topped off in Enugu, but that is not Lagos. Things are different in Lagos. You should know the kind of fans you have in this city and read their minds. Indeed, even the way the city works, including traffic and insecurity issues.

What I think is that, since they needed a place to accommodate every one of his fans, they'd have likewise worked on the date and time as well as ticket fee as it is an open space. If the event was held on a Friday, Saturday or even on Sunday towards evening, it would have been better. Holding occasions at Noon on a Sunday in an open place isn't generally cool in a city like Lagos loaded with "I Too Big" individuals. Indeed, even the sun would frighten people off, not to talk of insecurity.

The Eko Hotel they typically use is a closed and well-secured place and it can't be compared with an open 24 thousand capacity stadium like TBS. The fans that will show up at Eko Hotel might not want to associate themselves with street touts coming to the stadium. I hope this is a lesson and next year will be better.

Take a look at some photos of the event and what we expected below.

OLIC4 PICTURES

[img]http://4.bp..com/-2APj_3HJCTI/WjhYoF6x9oI/AAAAAAAAD7c/nvB1LCnsrOQVy0NyZzLms2vjXeULRExNACLcBGAs/s1600/OLAMIDE-OLIC4-low-turnout.png[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-O7fMcIRxkTM/WjhYn9S_8AI/AAAAAAAAD7Y/tikdUa-LrEk2x8c_kIy2-nz-QkYGy5xRACLcBGAs/s1600/olamide-concert.jpg[/img]

WHAT WE EXPECTED

[img]http://2.bp..com/-SJ_Jwbn6hIg/WjhY21yJ46I/AAAAAAAAD7k/znaAoIqmMY8raT0hRGro6zHXfvjiPsJ3gCLcBGAs/s1600/phyno-fest-flavour.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-2YLmhy0_TkQ/WjhY3STGxyI/AAAAAAAAD7g/foCTDIDwZ4EHqRHXL5Bb6UzLLjhF6ENcwCLcBGAs/s1600/Phynofest.png[/img]

SOURCE: Primetweets
http://www.primetweets.com.ng/2017/12/olic4-improper-timing-planning-affected-olamide-live-in-concert-2017.html

U can't compare the genuine love they have for Phyno in the east ]

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by Threebear(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
IamKingwise:

Olamide's album has appear on billboard World chart album in 2016 and 2017 Think before you talk.
grin The same chart dencia topped?

4 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by safarigirl(f): 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
WizPrince1:

You should understand that everybody is not thesame as you who would miss Church activities for a circular program. Moreover, it wasn't the way I explained it that you're quoting me. Try and understand. I love Olamide so much as fan. Don't get me wrong!
you should know that every church is not like yours that will keep you from morning till night. Many churches close by 12 or 1 PM latest, what time did the concert start?

Just speak for yourself with that excuse and don't make it a general thing.

BTW, I am not a concert goer

4 Likes

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by newoffer: 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
can't leave my hurstle for Olamide hurstle. People are struggling in dis City. if Na free d stadium go collapse. Can't leave my business for Olamide business
Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by WizPrince1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
safarigirl:
you should know that every church is not like yours that will keep you from morning till night. Many churches close by 12 or 1 PM latest, what time did the concert start?

Just speak for yourself with that excuse and don't make it a general thing.

BTW, I am not a concert goer

It's still obvious that you didn't read the post very well before jumping into comments.

1 Like

Re: Olamide Live In Lagos Concert 2017 Affected By Improper Timing And Planning by safarigirl(f): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
Macmoni:

judging from ur stupidity i no u are ibgo lemme tell u enugu is not lag such can happen to phyno even worst but it was d event planners dat made mistake not baddo
black man always blaming the whole world for his issues and forgetting to look inward

Event planners indeed....better go hustle your hustle instead of holding brief for Olamide

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alex Ozone: “Olamide Is Highest Paid Artiste In Nigeria” / Mixed Reaction As Naira Marley And Samlarry Was Having Fun At Lagos Event(video) / #OldAgeChallenge: Omoni Oboli Shares Photo Of Her Old Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.